Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-608.html)

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_7353.jpg

To mark this day when Hyundai gave me another reason to spice up my 2yr ol affair with Ford Ecosport

LOL! What a few birdies can do? The last few weeks been a bit of a roller coaster ride for all existing and prospective compact SUV owners ain't it? :D As noted before in the EcoSport facelift thread, Ford can really capitalize on this moment by bringing in a refreshed model with some good updates.

And it will be amazing if Ford can extend the hidden power discovered in the 1.5 Diesel for the existing owners at a fair price under warranty cover. Very wishful thinking? Maybe! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 (Post 3759197)
Attachment 1394238

To mark this day when Hyundai gave me another reason to spice up my 2yr ol affair with Ford Ecosport

Have you by any chance changed your stock bulbs or gone into projectors? I ask because your beam appears a touch whitish in the photo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by deetjohn (Post 3759283)
And it will be amazing if Ford can extend the hidden power discovered in the 1.5 Diesel for the existing owners at a fair price under warranty cover. Very wishful thinking? Maybe! :)

When was the last time any company did that?

The best way out if you want the extra power is either a Remap (similar to what Ford seems to have done if report of the hardware remaining the same are true.) or a Racedynamics chip. For diesel engines the options are so easy and for as little as about 35K you could easily take the power upto about 115Bhp instead of the revised ford power band of 100 Bhp.

Yes warranty goes for a toss. But no gain without a bit of pain. Or do it towards the end of warranty life.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilful (Post 3759412)
Have you by any chance changed your stock bulbs or gone into projectors? I ask because your beam appears a touch whitish in the photo.

I did, these are Morimotos with 6500K

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 (Post 3759576)
I did, these are Morimotos with 6500K

Thanks. I have a couple of questions - one is a standard one i.e. has it not affected your warranty?

The other is a bit dumb stupid: - does this mean you've just bought projectors, bulbs and relay and fixed them on the existing unit? How have you gone about it?
Also - has it made a huge diff' against the stock set up and have you compared this to the Osram NBs and Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs?

While there seems to be no doubt about the AT being the most VFM EcoSport Variant and for that matter possibly today the most VFM AT Small SUV especially looking at the Creta AT, the odd bit is that it really sells in very small numbers and is not really encourage either by ford with much longer wait period for just the AT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramzsys (Post 3755391)
This 'improved' engine is only in the ECU tuning of the same engine. It is unfortunate that Ford gives 90 horses for the 1.3 tonne Ecosport while it is 99 for the 1.1 tonne Aspire.

It is more than just an ECU map. The Turbo is different. I am not sure if it is a VGT, but it definitely is a different unit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 3759691)
While there seems to be no doubt about the AT being the most VFM EcoSport Variant and for that matter possibly today the most VFM AT Small SUV especially looking at the Creta AT, the odd bit is that it really sells in very small numbers and is not really encourage either by ford with much longer wait period for just the AT.

My guess is that Ford (India) makes the least margin on that variant, loaded as it is with features. And maybe they dare not take up the price too steeply perhaps fearing adverse customer sentiment against the model (as a whole). Therefore the lack of enthusiasm in pushing this variant.
I may be completely off the mark though.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 3759691)

I called up one of the dealers in Kochi 2 weeks before asking if the AT was available (earlier the AT variant was available only in select cities). The answer was affirmative and they even had one in Chill colour readily available. Other shades (light colours, the executive emphasized) could be had in maximum one month from booking. I do not know if this is the case everywhere else.

i almost went for the creta, but glad i got the ecosport instead. for one its a fully loaded top model (AT) only minus the leather seats + push start button which i can live with ..the creta at doesnt have leather seats, no 17 diamond cut mags (16 only), no premium speaker system, no 6 airbags, some other feature's missing aswell. plus the ecosport at is cheaper then creta, and deliveries r only starting by sep end october, so that was one final nail in the creata coffin for me. very happy with the ecosport so far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wilful (Post 3759607)
Thanks. I have a couple of questions - one is a standard one i.e. has it not affected your warranty?

Technically No! this mod shouldn't impact warranty as all factory fitted electricals are intact ( no wire splicing or cutting); there is no change in wattage drawn from the battery/power supply. If however the manufacturer wants to prove it otherwise they very well can

Quote:

The other is a bit dumb stupid: - does this mean you've just bought projectors, bulbs and relay and fixed them on the existing unit? How have you gone about it?

Your question is absolutely valid! I did buy these projectors, bulbs, relays and an additional pair of headlamps from cheapest possible sources to perform this mod. There are many DIY guides available for these mods like the one below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...tallation.html (DIY: VW Polo Bi-Xenon Projectors. Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III Installation)

The final output looks like this

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_6763.jpg

Quote:

Also - has it made a huge diff' against the stock set up and have you compared this to the Osram NBs and Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs?

Illumination is far better than halogens, cut off is sharper and beam switching is precise due to projectors

Started getting calls from Ford guys saying sir did you make a decision. Creta is quite expensive for the automatic version Ford gives much more than creta but for size. Also all colors are available for deliver within max 1 month(AT).

However no discounts(why should they for AT).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 (Post 3759910)
Technically No! this mod shouldn't impact warranty as all factory fitted electricals are intact ( no wire splicing or cutting); there is no change in wattage drawn from the battery/power supply. If however the manufacturer wants to prove it otherwise they very well can

Your question is absolutely valid! I did buy these projectors, bulbs, relays and an additional pair of headlamps from cheapest possible sources to perform this mod. There are many DIY guides available for these mods like the one below

Illumination is far better than halogens, cut off is sharper and beam switching is precise due to projectors

Wow! That is indeed a good looking job. And being it a DIY makes it even more impressive.
Sadly this is a much too complicated job for someone like me so I guess I'll just have to drool.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 3759420)
When was the last time any company did that?

There is a first time for everything. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 3759420)
The best way out if you want the extra power is either a Remap (similar to what Ford seems to have done if report of the hardware remaining the same are true.) or a Racedynamics chip.

Between a chip and a remap, I would prefer the latter. Its a much more of a complete solution.