Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2015, 00:15   #9106
BHPian

Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_7353.jpg

To mark this day when Hyundai gave me another reason to spice up my 2yr ol affair with Ford Ecosport

Last edited by Rajiv0909 : 22nd July 2015 at 00:30.
Rajiv0909 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 08:19   #9107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

LOL! What a few birdies can do? The last few weeks been a bit of a roller coaster ride for all existing and prospective compact SUV owners ain't it? As noted before in the EcoSport facelift thread, Ford can really capitalize on this moment by bringing in a refreshed model with some good updates.

And it will be amazing if Ford can extend the hidden power discovered in the 1.5 Diesel for the existing owners at a fair price under warranty cover. Very wishful thinking? Maybe!
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 10:58   #9108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
Attachment 1394238

To mark this day when Hyundai gave me another reason to spice up my 2yr ol affair with Ford Ecosport
Have you by any chance changed your stock bulbs or gone into projectors? I ask because your beam appears a touch whitish in the photo.
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:05   #9109
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
And it will be amazing if Ford can extend the hidden power discovered in the 1.5 Diesel for the existing owners at a fair price under warranty cover. Very wishful thinking? Maybe!
When was the last time any company did that?

The best way out if you want the extra power is either a Remap (similar to what Ford seems to have done if report of the hardware remaining the same are true.) or a Racedynamics chip. For diesel engines the options are so easy and for as little as about 35K you could easily take the power upto about 115Bhp instead of the revised ford power band of 100 Bhp.

Yes warranty goes for a toss. But no gain without a bit of pain. Or do it towards the end of warranty life.
Old 22nd July 2015, 12:53   #9110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Have you by any chance changed your stock bulbs or gone into projectors? I ask because your beam appears a touch whitish in the photo.

I did, these are Morimotos with 6500K
Rajiv0909 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 13:16   #9111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did, these are Morimotos with 6500K
Thanks. I have a couple of questions - one is a standard one i.e. has it not affected your warranty?

The other is a bit dumb - does this mean you've just bought projectors, bulbs and relay and fixed them on the existing unit? How have you gone about it?
Also - has it made a huge diff' against the stock set up and have you compared this to the Osram NBs and Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs?
Old 22nd July 2015, 14:24   #9112
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

While there seems to be no doubt about the AT being the most VFM EcoSport Variant and for that matter possibly today the most VFM AT Small SUV especially looking at the Creta AT, the odd bit is that it really sells in very small numbers and is not really encourage either by ford with much longer wait period for just the AT.
Old 22nd July 2015, 14:33   #9113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
This 'improved' engine is only in the ECU tuning of the same engine. It is unfortunate that Ford gives 90 horses for the 1.3 tonne Ecosport while it is 99 for the 1.1 tonne Aspire.
It is more than just an ECU map. The Turbo is different. I am not sure if it is a VGT, but it definitely is a different unit.
Old 22nd July 2015, 14:35   #9114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
While there seems to be no doubt about the AT being the most VFM EcoSport Variant and for that matter possibly today the most VFM AT Small SUV especially looking at the Creta AT, the odd bit is that it really sells in very small numbers and is not really encourage either by ford with much longer wait period for just the AT.
My guess is that Ford (India) makes the least margin on that variant, loaded as it is with features. And maybe they dare not take up the price too steeply perhaps fearing adverse customer sentiment against the model (as a whole). Therefore the lack of enthusiasm in pushing this variant.
I may be completely off the mark though.
Old 22nd July 2015, 14:56   #9115
BHPian

Quote:
I called up one of the dealers in Kochi 2 weeks before asking if the AT was available (earlier the AT variant was available only in select cities). The answer was affirmative and they even had one in Chill colour readily available. Other shades (light colours, the executive emphasized) could be had in maximum one month from booking. I do not know if this is the case everywhere else.
Yeldo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 15:05   #9116
BHPian

i almost went for the creta, but glad i got the ecosport instead. for one its a fully loaded top model (AT) only minus the leather seats + push start button which i can live with ..the creta at doesnt have leather seats, no 17 diamond cut mags (16 only), no premium speaker system, no 6 airbags, some other feature's missing aswell. plus the ecosport at is cheaper then creta, and deliveries r only starting by sep end october, so that was one final nail in the creata coffin for me. very happy with the ecosport so far.
Old 22nd July 2015, 18:26   #9117
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I have a couple of questions - one is a standard one i.e. has it not affected your warranty?
Technically No! this mod shouldn't impact warranty as all factory fitted electricals are intact ( no wire splicing or cutting); there is no change in wattage drawn from the battery/power supply. If however the manufacturer wants to prove it otherwise they very well can

Quote:
The other is a bit dumb - does this mean you've just bought projectors, bulbs and relay and fixed them on the existing unit? How have you gone about it?
Your question is absolutely valid! I did buy these projectors, bulbs, relays and an additional pair of headlamps from cheapest possible sources to perform this mod. There are many DIY guides available for these mods like the one below

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...tallation.html (DIY: VW Polo Bi-Xenon Projectors. Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III Installation)

The final output looks like this

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_6763.jpg

Quote:
Also - has it made a huge diff' against the stock set up and have you compared this to the Osram NBs and Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs?
Illumination is far better than halogens, cut off is sharper and beam switching is precise due to projectors

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd July 2015 at 08:40. Reason: Please go through the thread that provides instructions on how to upload attachments.
Rajiv0909 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 18:35   #9118
BHPian

Started getting calls from Ford guys saying sir did you make a decision. Creta is quite expensive for the automatic version Ford gives much more than creta but for size. Also all colors are available for deliver within max 1 month(AT).

However no discounts(why should they for AT).
Old 22nd July 2015, 19:09   #9119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Technically No! this mod shouldn't impact warranty as all factory fitted electricals are intact ( no wire splicing or cutting); there is no change in wattage drawn from the battery/power supply. If however the manufacturer wants to prove it otherwise they very well can

Your question is absolutely valid! I did buy these projectors, bulbs, relays and an additional pair of headlamps from cheapest possible sources to perform this mod. There are many DIY guides available for these mods like the one below

Illumination is far better than halogens, cut off is sharper and beam switching is precise due to projectors
Wow! That is indeed a good looking job. And being it a DIY makes it even more impressive.
Sadly this is a much too complicated job for someone like me so I guess I'll just have to drool.
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2015, 08:29   #9120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When was the last time any company did that?
There is a first time for everything.

Quote:
The best way out if you want the extra power is either a Remap (similar to what Ford seems to have done if report of the hardware remaining the same are true.) or a Racedynamics chip.
Between a chip and a remap, I would prefer the latter. Its a much more of a complete solution.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks