Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2015, 14:01   #9196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I always wondered why Ecosport AT is not as popular as Polo GT. We have a whole host of Polo brigade who keep the thread hot and there are so many Polo GT ownership threads. In contrast, I came across only 2 Ecosport AT ownership thread. ACM, I hope it is not late even now to start an ownership thread. Because, in the light of Creta AT's 16 L plus price tag, Ecosport AT makes much more sense for those who do not log starship mileage.
pgsagar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2015, 18:43   #9197

My Mars red was scratched up by a jealous neighbour just one week after taking delivery.
I had the first service done recently and Caculo Ford, Goa has quoted 16k approx for painting 2 doors, bonnet & one rear panel. The scratches are an eyesore for me and I have been told to get it fixed or else it will start rusting. Thy say they can have it done through insurance and I have to pay just 2500rs. I haven't asked anywhere else yet.
Need Opinions!
Question:
I will lose my No Claim Bonus, so is it worth it to claim insurance? Or should I get it touched up at local garages? It is a brand new car so I do want it to look good.
Right now, I can't afford to get the entire panels painted and pay through my own pocket!

I have about 70% made up my mind to claim insurance but my dad is telling me to let the scratches be as they are and nothing will happen to it!
P.s. I am a pretty safe and experienced driver.
Old 7th August 2015, 19:55   #9198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadqueen View Post
My Mars red was scratched up by a jealous neighbour just one week after taking delivery.
I had the first service done recently and Caculo Ford, Goa has quoted 16k approx for painting 2 doors, bonnet & one rear panel. The scratches are an eyesore for me and I have been told to get it fixed or else it will start rusting. Thy say they can have it done through insurance and I have to pay just 2500rs. I haven't asked anywhere else yet.
Need Opinions!
Question:
I will lose my No Claim Bonus, so is it worth it to claim insurance? Or should I get it touched up at local garages? It is a brand new car so I do want it to look good.
Right now, I can't afford to get the entire panels painted and pay through my own pocket!

I have about 70% made up my mind to claim insurance but my dad is telling me to let the scratches be as they are and nothing will happen to it!
P.s. I am a pretty safe and experienced driver.
If the scratches are deep (the underlying metal is visible,) better get them properly attended to before the metal starts to rust. Unless the scratches are small or localized (which do not require full door/bonnet repaint,) I suggest going with the Ford service center, as your car is new and local garages will not be able to match the finish of a paint booth. If you have zero depreciation add-on, paint is covered 100%.

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 7th August 2015 at 20:01.
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 19:47   #9199
BHPian

The itch to change the car has started with me, i presently own a Dzire zdi 2013 model, i am absolutely satisfied with it. I have travelled a lot with it, from hills of Dalhousie, Manali to Jaipur, Jodhpur and Jaisalmer. Nowhere i found the 1.3 ddis (as suzuki calls it) lacking in power, you have just to keep it in the turbo range, that is above 1700 rpm. The NVH levels are much better as compared to the previous model swift which i owned. I have to decide between the Ecosport diesel and the S-cross. Test drove the Ecosport, i found the driving position of the Ecosport perfectly ergonomic, good on road manners, almost comparable to swift, suspension is better, roughness of the roads is felt much lesser than swift, but i found the pickup of the engine 1500cc 90bhp of the ecosport almost at par or even a bit lower than the 1248cc 75bhp engine. The Ecosport engine appeared strained, (from the deep thrumm sound it produced) under full throttle and hard acceleration, whereas the swift shows no indication of strain, how much hard you accelerate, whatever is the engine rpm, it may take its sweet time to reach the turbo range, the engine sound is always calm. This is making me more inclined towards the S-cross. I am yet to test drive it, most likely next week. One worry is that, upgrading from the new compact Dzire to the S-cross, there will not be a big change with respect to driving the car, (same steering wheel, same engine albeit with vgt and increased power from 75 to 90 bhp). On the other hand Ecosport has much better road presence as compared to the S-cross. And it will genuinely be a totally new car. I am not much worried about back seat or boot space. Expert bhpians please give your valued opinion, whether to go for the S-cross 200 or Ecosport, will Ecosport give the same fun to drive experience as the swift? Thanks.
gsratta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2015, 22:08   #9200
BHPian

Looks like creta is hitting Ecosport, got this from local dealer in Chandigarh.

Dear Customer, BHAGAT FORD presents freedom SALE. Book a Ford ECOSPORT before the 15th of August & get FREE insurance. Hurry! Call 9876022097. T&C apply.

I am waiting for tuv300 and Ecosport facelift, then I will take a call on which model & variant. This is what I have told ford sales guy.
Old 8th August 2015, 22:45   #9201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Expert bhpians please give your valued opinion, whether to go for the S-cross 200 or Ecosport, will Ecosport give the same fun to drive experience as the swift? Thanks.
Ecosport is a pretty value for money package at the price point at which it is retailing. It has got a 1.5 TDCi which is very refined, it may not have the turbo surge of 1.3 but the turbo lag is beautifully controlled and it is a very drivable motor. The rear seat space is good and the boot space is similar to S Cross at 350 litres. You have an additional 20mm ground clearance and a manufacturer rated water wading depth which helps in certain places. Despite being 200mm above the ground, it is pretty fun to drive and ride flat over undulations, the ride is hard though.

I have not driven S Cross but only sat in one and according to me, Ecosport looks miles better than S Cross (even the alloys), has a much better build, better elevated seating position, no turbo lag with much better NVH, offers 6 airbags, much better street presence and this is a proven successful vehicle now.

S Cross has better plastics, much more space, new kid on the block, more features compared to Ecosport and Maruti tag attached to it.

You would not go wrong with Ecosport, it is a brilliant car and you will enjoy the sturdy build coupled with brilliant dynamics, that it looks great is an added advantage
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 14:30   #9202
BHPian

Quote:
Expert bhpians please give your valued opinion, whether to go for the S-cross 200 or Ecosport, will Ecosport give the same fun to drive experience as the swift? Thanks.
Each has its points, and both have their demerits. More than expert opinions, I recommend you test drive both extensively. EcoSport at least is available with agencies like Zoomcars, so I recommend hiring one for a day and going for a long drive. Nothing like first-hand experience to see which one "clicks" with you, your needs and appeals to your sense of "I wanna".

Last edited by Eddy : 9th August 2015 at 14:35. Reason: fixed quote
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2015, 22:16   #9203
Senior - BHPian

Ecosport is light years away ahead of S-Cross in looks. Ecosport looks every bit a mini-SUV they call it. But S-Cross does not look one bit crossover they call it. It is a big hatch. Period. I would have had no problem if MUL had called it a hatch. But then they could not have priced it as atrociously as they have. So, one can close his eyes and buy an Ecosport. I would rather buy a Swift than this ugly eyesore called S-Cross ( I don't care even if they fit a jetpack under the hood).
Old 10th August 2015, 09:17   #9204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
You would not go wrong with Ecosport, it is a brilliant car and you will enjoy the sturdy build coupled with brilliant dynamics, that it looks great is an added advantage
Your broad arguments are what persuaded me to go the EcoSport way. Trim to trim, there are some differences between the two, but that "significant" premium is not worth it unless you need the bit of extra space- mind you, except in cases like the Verito, there are very few cars this side of a "wide bench MUV" that can comfortably seat three in the rear seat.

EcoSport has more safety features as well in its top trims, and after all, I would rather save my neck that admire the chrome.

My two cents. But S Cross is getting enough bookings I hear, and Maruti knows their customers. So lets wait and watch. But its EcoSport for me.
Old 10th August 2015, 11:00   #9205
BHPian

While browsing the Ford Aspire brochure, I happened to notice that the accessories page mentions Camera and GPS Display on IRVM. Since the Aspire does not have GPS built-in, the GPS receiver with preloaded maps would have be integrated into the replacement (accessory) IRVM, with no dependance on the car's electronics.

This should allow it to work with any car, including the Ecosport. Any thoughts on this upgrade?

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-untitled.jpg

I posted this in the Aspire thread also, for the benefit of prospective Aspire owners also

Following is the chat I had with an online Ford consultant on this issue:
Please wait for a Ford Consultant to respond.

You will be assisted by 'V. Tamilarasu'

V. Tamilarasu: Welcome To Ford India! How may I assist you today?

Hemant Kamat: Hello

V. Tamilarasu: Good Afternoon Mr. Kamat

Hemant Kamat: I'm looking at the ford aspire brochure

Hemant Kamat: The accessories page lists a 'Camera and GPS Display on IRVM'

Hemant Kamat: Does this car have GPS built-in?

V. Tamilarasu: I would like to inform you that satellite navigation is not available as an standard factory feature

V. Tamilarasu: You may purchase satellite navigation camera and gps display on IVRM as an accessory

Hemant Kamat: Ok, thanks.
Looks like GPS is bundled alongwith the IRVM. Technically, we could fit this onto any Ford vehicle. Here's hoping that Ford doesn't price it exorbitantly

Last edited by ampere : 10th August 2015 at 12:38. Reason: Merged back to back posts
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 17:08   #9206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post
Ok my ecosport has suddenly turned a little funny. Whenever I am trying to overtake in 2nd or 3rd gear in highers speeds and as soon as I change the gear the car starts shaking. If I let go of the accelerator then it stops but if I press it again, the shaking starts again. The whole thing lasts for around 5 seconds.
After that I drive on clutch and then accelerate and everything functions normally. This is happening almost every alternate day for the past one month.

I know I need to visit service center to get it checked but just wanted to confirm if this is something I need to worry about.

Excuse for typos if any.
You mean you get jerks from engine?. If so, I had similar problem and it was due to some dust/align particles in diesel filter. I had them cleaned,which solved the issue.
bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 22:52   #9207
BHPian

Ford Ecosport's Facebook page is having a contest to share your #GetBusyLiving moments & lucky ones will win MakeMyTrip vouchers. Mine got featured yesterday

Name:  11822504_10153589397313223_4189898224016559455_n.png
Views: 2585
Size:  808.6 KB

Go ahead and participate !

https://www.facebook.com/FordEcoSport
Samfromindia is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 23:53   #9208
BHPian

Quote:
The itch to change the car has started with me, i presently own a Dzire zdi 2013 model, i am absolutely satisfied with it. I have travelled a lot with it, from hills of Dalhousie, Manali to Jaipur, Jodhpur and Jaisalmer. Nowhere i found the 1.3 ddis (as suzuki calls it) lacking in power, you have just to keep it in the turbo range, that is above 1700 rpm. The NVH levels are much better as compared to the previous model swift which i owned. I have to decide between the Ecosport diesel and the S-cross. Test drove the Ecosport, i found the driving position of the Ecosport perfectly ergonomic, good on road manners, almost comparable to swift, suspension is better, roughness of the roads is felt much lesser than swift, but i found the pickup of the engine 1500cc 90bhp of the ecosport almost at par or even a bit lower than the 1248cc 75bhp engine. The Ecosport engine appeared strained, (from the deep thrumm sound it produced) under full throttle and hard acceleration, whereas the swift shows no indication of strain, how much hard you accelerate, whatever is the engine rpm, it may take its sweet time to reach the turbo range, the engine sound is always calm. This is making me more inclined towards the S-cross. I am yet to test drive it, most likely next week. One worry is that, upgrading from the new compact Dzire to the S-cross, there will not be a big change with respect to driving the car, (same steering wheel, same engine albeit with vgt and increased power from 75 to 90 bhp). On the other hand Ecosport has much better road presence as compared to the S-cross. And it will genuinely be a totally new car. I am not much worried about back seat or boot space. Expert bhpians please give your valued opinion, whether to go for the S-cross 200 or Ecosport, will Ecosport give the same fun to drive experience as the swift? Thanks.
I don't know if you would consider ford figo aspire, it has the best diesel engine (better than ecosport) with best NVH levels below 10 lakhs.
raghav135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2015, 09:51   #9209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
I had also bought this one from Aliexpress. While the reception was OK in town areas, it grew weak in the outskirts. I park my car in the basement and the reception was really poor there. Looks wise I felt that this looked small on the Ecosports, but of course looks are subjective. I kept it for a few days but have now reverted to OEM.
Have been using the antenna for a week now and works perfect. The quality in basement is about 20% lesser than OE antenna and is other way when the car is in open. I see better audio reception in open when compared to OE antenna.
Old 11th August 2015, 09:59   #9210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Being a 2010 Swift DI owner I can maybe pitch in. The DDiS 200 might not feel like an upgrade for you since basically its the same engine with a different tune and inside a heavier car. Since you are saying you feel the 1.3 under powered, you might feel the same with the DDis 200.The DDiS 320 would have been the ideal upgrade but sadly overpriced. If you are not hell bent on the ecosport you can look at the upcoming Aspire or stretch a bit to buy the Creta.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 11th August 2015 at 10:00.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed