Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2015, 14:25   #9241
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
Would like to know what is the actual FE of Ecosport AT in city as well as on highway runs.

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I get around 8 kmpl in the city (with hardly any stretches to cruise along). On the highway it is around 13 but Kerala highways are an exception - they are mainly narrow, twisty and full of traffic and small towns.
I guess on good highway runs one should get over 15.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Earlier in the same thread (page 585) I have posed my 600+ Kms drive on Ecosport 1.5 AT. In the Engine+ Box combination, it is the engine that matters most. As you already experienced, this petrol engine does not have any range where power could be found. Having a useless engine with a good box won't matter much, other than that you don't need to do the painful task of hunting for power.
I get 9-10 in the city on the 1.5AT and 12-13.5 on the highway. It is too much of an effort to try to get beyond 13.5 on the highways as it implies not using kickdown too much and keeping speeds below 90 a lot of the time and one tends to do higher speeds on expressways etc and this impacts FE. An high way average of about 13 is realistic and a city average of about 9.5 though in bad traffic or very short runs this can drop to even 8.

I kinda disagree with WhiteKnight due to my experience with two such vehicle where the engines though not bad were no great shakes either. The Laura 1.9PD Diesel with 105 BHP and the EcoSport 1.5 with 110 BHP in both cases these are mated to 6 speed DSG type of tiptronic setup with Sport modes and the speed of response coupled made driving a pleasure that exceeded the manual significantly. I do agree that these combinations would be wonderful if the engines were themselves more powerful but the Dual clutch type of setup makes gear changes so much quicker that one in my view effectively has a much quicker vehicle compared to the same engines with a manual and in both these cases just about change the complexion of the vehicles I would say that this is almost like having about 10-15% extra power and to start of 110 Bhp is not really that less. That said the gearbox does I agree NOT impact the top speed in any positive manner it is rather more about the driveability. So a small difference of opinion. . I frankly would not have bought the 1.5P without this dual AT box and do prefer this setup to the on paper 15% more powerful EcoBoost. Have actually put my money on this thought process twice so I guess am strongly biased towards it with cause. Also None of the options like from Creta to Fortuner to Scorpio to Santafe have this type of AT box as an option.

Would add that the Ford 1.5AT does like to be driven hard and one should be prepared to floor the Acc else it will learn to NOT be responsive and seem dull.

Last edited by ACM : 14th August 2015 at 14:28.
ACM is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th August 2015, 08:53   #9242
Senior - BHPian

Fixed a new(?) ORVM mirror pad for my Ecosport at Ford ASS, Coimbatore.
Was charged Rs.862(!) all inclusive.

PS1: After the mirror was broken, i can see the internals and a 'assembled in Mexico' sticker was seen.

PS2: Honda Amaze had it's mirror pad replaced too, it costed Rs.650.
Old 16th August 2015, 08:48   #9243
BHPian

Hello ecosport owners~

Can anyone please let me know where can I find the colour code on EcoSport?
I own a Mars Red ecoboost.

Thanks
Old 17th August 2015, 20:12   #9244
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I was looking forward to go on and buy a mini-suv or say toy suv or lets say the hatch on steroids! I was closely following the creta thread and had all my mind set to go for it. As the car came out along with the specs and prices I put a hold to my decisions and started looking in the market again. Patiently waited for the S-Cross and had my eyes set on the S cross. But the car looks old and the age old design is not really helping my cause . Which brings me back to the ecosport. I have always liked the car and also the features which were best in class back then, I am eyeing for the diesel with titanium (o). With the face lift lined up and the market flooding with the mini suvs/cross overs. Would it be wise to go out right now and buy the ecosport or should I hold my cards for a little longer and play them?

Could you guys help me out ?
Old 18th August 2015, 08:29   #9245
BHPian

Bhansali,

I am in the same position as you, infact booked the Creta and cancelled after price wes announced. Scross never interested me and did not venture into it. I have decided to hold off for a year for their as there are a couple of SUV in the pipeline, if not by then Ford would also have announced the upgraded Ecosport, in my opinion if your current car can run for another year without any issues, I would say hold off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhansali_hardik View Post
Hello everyone,

I was looking forward to go on and buy a mini-suv or say toy suv or lets say the hatch on steroids! I was closely following the creta thread and had all my mind set to go for it. As the car came out along with the specs and prices I put a hold to my decisions and started looking in the market again. Patiently waited for the S-Cross and had my eyes set on the S cross. But the car looks old and the age old design is not really helping my cause . Which brings me back to the ecosport. I have always liked the car and also the features which were best in class back then, I am eyeing for the diesel with titanium (o). With the face lift lined up and the market flooding with the mini suvs/cross overs. Would it be wise to go out right now and buy the ecosport or should I hold my cards for a little longer and play them?

Could you guys help me out ?
Old 18th August 2015, 10:31   #9246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Bhansali,

I am in the same position as you, infact booked the Creta and cancelled after price wes announced. Scross never interested me and did not venture into it. I have decided to hold off for a year for their as there are a couple of SUV in the pipeline, if not by then Ford would also have announced the upgraded Ecosport, in my opinion if your current car can run for another year without any issues, I would say hold off.
I currently have a swift and I'm planning to keep it along with my second buy. It's not an urgent need to get another car right now, but I have been planning from past 6 months and the very reason why I postponed my buy was to have a look at creta and the s cross. Given the fact there's going to be a facelift, vitara brezza,tuv300 and the one from Honda lined up. I'm getting nervous and expectations are getting more by the day. But at the same time when I look at the titanium (o) I see most of my requirements are well furnished and hence I feel like taking a pounce already.
Old 18th August 2015, 15:27   #9247
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Which brings me back to the ecosport. I have always liked the car and also the features which were best in class back then, I am eyeing for the diesel with titanium (o). Would it be wise to go out right now and buy the ecosport or should I hold my cards for a little longer and play them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
if not by then Ford would also have announced the upgraded Ecosport, in my opinion if your current car can run for another year without any issues, I would say hold off.
Quote:
I currently have a swift and I'm planning to keep it along with my second buy. It's not an urgent need to get another car right now, But at the same time when I look at the titanium (o) I see most of my requirements are well furnished and hence I feel like taking a pounce already.
My advice would also be to wait. The features we've heard of in the facelift seem to be targeted at addressing pain-points/complaints, and bring a few new features, so it will be a meaningful upgrade, and one worth waiting for.

One risk in waiting is that Ford might be tempted to slightly bump up prices at the time of the facelift, given where the Creta and S-Cross are priced. So you should be comfortable with that happening. If you're not OK with it, then go in for the EcoSport now; its a good car at a good price.

The second risk is that we don't know the timelines for the facelift - Ford seem to be focusing on the Figo Aspire, Figo hatch and Endeavour. Given the now diminished threat from Creta and S-Cross, they may not speed up the delivery of the EcoSport facelift. And lets face it - the EcoSport doesn't need a facelift, it still looks like a million bucks!

In the meantime, get your Swift detailed, or put a wrap on the roof, or something similarly cheap - it will address your upgrade itch and keep you satisfied for the next few months
arunphilip is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 16:21   #9248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
My advice would also be to wait. The features we've heard of in the facelift seem to be targeted at addressing pain-points/complaints, and bring a few new features, so it will be a meaningful upgrade, and one worth waiting for.

One risk in waiting is that Ford might be tempted to slightly bump up prices at the time of the facelift, given where the Creta and S-Cross are priced. So you should be comfortable with that happening. If you're not OK with it, then go in for the EcoSport now; its a good car at a good price.

The second risk is that we don't know the timelines for the facelift - Ford seem to be focusing on the Figo Aspire, Figo hatch and Endeavour. Given the now diminished threat from Creta and S-Cross, they may not speed up the delivery of the EcoSport facelift. And lets face it - the EcoSport doesn't need a facelift, it still looks like a million bucks!

In the meantime, get your Swift detailed, or put a wrap on the roof, or something similarly cheap - it will address your upgrade itch and keep you satisfied for the next few months
I totally agree with you! It indeed is a looker, that is the only reason why wouldn't mind buying one right now. On one of the forums/websites I read it might be January 2016 by the time they release the face lift. Which might be way to far away to hold back!

Any idea if this is true? If so, I would happily go and buy one right away.
bhansali_hardik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 17:07   #9249
BHPian

I am in the same boat too, Wanted to buy a Ecosport AT for past year or so, Waited for Creta and its way beyond my budget and not VFM according to me, S Cross is out without a automatic, Wife hates Scorpio looks, Duster has no plans of AT, TUV 300is not sure of coming with AT and look are not as good as XUV(as seen in some photos),.......

No idea if Ford will come with the face lift in the next year also, no concrete dates for other SUV's(big or small).

DoNotHorn is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2015, 18:43   #9250
BHPian

while finding daily fix on ecosport, stumbled upon this page-
http://www.carguide.ph/2014/03/10-ni...ed-on.html?m=1

of particular interest is the ecosport's air intake system, which they describe as
# 4: Snorkel-like Air Intake-
The description’s a bit of a cheat, but there’s no
denying that the air intake of the EcoSport’s been raised as high as possible as a response to
customer feedback. How high? It’s actually
situated at headlamp level. This means the
EcoSport’s air intake is higher than wheel level contributing to the amazing 550-mm water-
wading capability. And in case you’re going to
ask, yes, the ECU is also located on the same level as the air intake.
In my words, Marvelous and Innovative.

Last edited by Dr.Abhi : 18th August 2015 at 18:44.
Dr.Abhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 10:36   #9251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
while finding daily fix on ecosport, stumbled upon this page-
http://www.carguide.ph/2014/03/10-ni...ed-on.html?m=1
Is it likewise in Indian Ecosports too?

BTW, what held my interest was this one:
Quote:
# 6: DSP Optimizer for Driver and/or Passengers

On the roads around Hua Hin, everyone came out impressed with the EcoSport’s standard 6-speaker sound system. It has a crisp-clear audio quality and booming bass that every audiophile will appreciate. In addition, the Ford SYNC system also has a wealth of input options, all accessible by intuitive voice commands. However, Ford has gone a step further and equipped the EcoSport with a built-in Digital Signal Processing or DSP. Not only does it optimize the audio levels based on speed, it also optimizes it based on two settings: driver or passenger centric. So next time you want to listen to Miley Cyrus, you can actually make her sound like she’s singing in your ear.
The audio quality in the Ecosport is fantastic. The sound quality is the best I have seen in all the cars I have ever driven or been ridden in - except maybe, the Aria. Mine is the AT which has tweeters too.

ps: I am not forgetting the fact that the audio player user interface is horrible and buggy.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 12:54   #9252
BHPian

I am nearing three months of my Ecoboost ownership(around 3.8 K on the odo now) and wanted to bounce off some queries/concerns and get the comments from other owners here

1.) Isnt it better if the OEM's do away with rear parking sensors and instead provide for the rear parking cameras. This might have a marginal affect on the price but isn't a camera more helpful than the sensor. I am having a torrid time reversing my Ecosport because of the poor visibility. Already have a faint scratch and a couple of close calls specially when turning while reversing. Maybe I will learn with time.

2) I have noted that the distance to empty meter is not very reliable specially when it falls below 100 km. It drops by 2-3 km for every 1 km actually travelled. The fuel alarm indicator also comes on quite late ~75 KM before empty, which I think actually means around 40-50 km because of the issue I just mentioned. Is that the experience of other owners also ?

3) My Sync system is not very good with understanding Indian Names when I want to make a call. For e.g I need to pronounce Sachin as "SaKin" for it to understand. Really frustrating. I find more convenient to use Sync's speed dialling using the touchpad.

4) I get a faint sound whenever I press the accelerator. Its like a belt grinding or probably a bearing noise. Goes away when I release the accelerator. Service engineer did a test drive but couldn't hear a thing due to the traffic, as its not a loud noise. He said I am probably hearing the "fuel pressure valve". Any ideas?

5) Any suggestion on a "first aid" treatment when I park my car after driving in the rains. Should I wipe off the water immediately or should I wait? What about the water marks on those areas of the windscreen which cannot be cleaned by the wiper? I clean with Proklear Rinseless wash every 3-4 days and use Jopasu on a daily basis.

It seems that the best way to make it rain is to take out a just cleaned car onto the roads
Old 19th August 2015, 13:06   #9253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Is it likewise in Indian Ecosports too?

BTW, what held my interest was this one:

The audio quality in the Ecosport is fantastic. The sound quality is the best I have seen in all the cars I have ever driven or been ridden in - except maybe, the Aria. Mine is the AT which has tweeters too..
Yes, same for the Indian ecosport too.

Agree with the audio system.
I have installed the tweeters on my TDCI titanium optional variant and the audio is awesome (bass,treble and mid)
Old 19th August 2015, 13:12   #9254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Mine is the AT which has tweeters too.
Reading the reviews of the AT Aspire, could you summarise how the AT on the Ecosport performs? Is it as confused or better able to handle aggressive accelerator input?

Also the perennial question: what's the average like? (Kitna deti hai?)
Old 19th August 2015, 13:48   #9255
BHPian

I am seriously considering the Ecosport Diesel.

I did discuss the Ecosport face lift topic with the sales guys at Elite Ford , they promptly told me "2018 sir", major change is rear wheel will be on the underside instead of on the tailgate, did this check with Lathangi ford sales man also to whom i talked. promptly mentioned the same timeline. Now 2018 does seem a long way ahead - so i am guessing H2 2016 or Q1 2017 at the max.

I for one, cannot wait that long, i can wait till Nov/Dec this year - may be i will get some year end discounts ( but not too keen on that)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks