Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2015, 08:18   #9271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
I agree with one of the comments on the facebook page. The service center technicians can best be relied upon for engine oil and gear oil changes, or at the max normal servicing. They are not trained adequately to handle the complex technology of today's cars. This was evident even when I was purchasing the car. It seemed I had more info about the car than the sales advisor. (Of course TBHP was my primary source of info. Infact I went on to suggest my advisor to go through the Ecosport forums on TBHP) . And this is true not only with Ford, but even with other manufacturers. I had a similar experience with Hyundai when their technicians were not able to identify a niggling issue with my Santro for more than two years.
It is indeed a small world, amit.s
That "One of the comment"you mentioned seems to be mine.

Agree with you on the sales advisor's lack of product knowledge

Last edited by ecosport rules : 22nd August 2015 at 08:27.
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 23:06   #9272
BHPian

Took the plunge and booked the Ecosport AT today! The 3 day fest provided that extra push to go book. The white is available in stock with Talera Ford at Pune. Went and checked out the car at the yard.
This is the first time I am doing a PDI. For my first car back in 2008 never really did one.

1. To my untrained eye everything looked ok except the exhaust pipe mid section that seems to be hanging/dangling too low close to the ground. Is this normal? The other standing TDCI variants seemed to not have this so low (although pipe did seem to dangle for those too). Attaching a few snaps of the same. Does this mean the GC for the AT variant is lesser as compared to the other variants.
Can the existing AT owners please weigh in if this is normal.

2. Here is the VIN of the allotted car. After decoding the VIN, it seems to be July 2015 manufacturing which seems to be fine. The odometer showed 8KM. Was allowed to start the car but not drive it yet which was fine by me.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_0018.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_0016.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_0013.jpg  

Last edited by ashua : 22nd August 2015 at 23:27. Reason: Adding Snaps
ashua is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 09:26   #9273
BHPian

Hi

I plan to book one today(AT) and maybe go for the PDI if the vehicle is available.
What was the offer you got because of these special days at Ford?

Once a car is allotted to me and I do the PDI, If I am not happy can I ask them to allot a different vehicle?

What is the maximum acceptable ODO reading?

TIA
Old 23rd August 2015, 10:01   #9274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashua View Post
Took the plunge and booked the Ecosport AT today! .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
Hi

I plan to book one today(AT) and maybe go for the PDI if the vehicle is available.

TIA
Two AT bookings in T-BHP in 1 week is probably the sign of a trend.

Guys, I have bought one this month, and have covered almost 500 Km in it. My left knee is thanking me every day, and crawling through traffic has become bearable. You have made the right choice.

IMO, 5-10 Km is about par for the course as an ODO reading in a new car, which includes a short PDI at factory (probably) and drive from the delivery hub in the city to the showroom. Others should opine as well on this as well.
Old 23rd August 2015, 11:57   #9275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
Hi

What was the offer you got because of these special days at Ford?

Once a car is allotted to me and I do the PDI, If I am not happy can I ask them to allot a different vehicle?

What is the maximum acceptable ODO reading?

TIA
Details of my booking and discounts: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3785016

Yeah, you can ask them to allot a different vehicle but if the car is not in stock, you wouldn't get the 3 day festival discount of 12K.

The ODO rating should depend upon where the stock yard is and the showroom where you take delivery. Also if the vehicle has to make a trip to the RTO for registration. All these added and an additional 4/5 Km of buffer should be ok IMO.

Last edited by ashua : 23rd August 2015 at 12:01.
Old 23rd August 2015, 13:08   #9276
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Two AT bookings in T-BHP in 1 week is probably the sign of a trend.

Guys, I have bought one this month, and have covered almost 500 Km in it. My left knee is thanking me every day, and crawling through traffic has become bearable. You have made the right choice.

IMO, 5-10 Km is about par for the course as an ODO reading in a new car, which includes a short PDI at factory (probably) and drive from the delivery hub in the city to the showroom. Others should opine as well on this as well.
What kind of a mileage are you getting for in city driving? Not looking at great figures, but a friend was asking and he wants to buy as long as it's not some abysmal figure like 5 or 6.
Old 23rd August 2015, 13:13   #9277
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The EcoSport AT "CAN BE MADE" to speed away at signals quite easily and quite rapidly. I do it for fun every once in a while but it totally depends on the mood on the day.

The key word is Can be made.

You have multiple options:
1) S Mode
2) Keep the foot depressed in D mode.
3) If already slowly reaching towards the signal in one of the mid gears when it turns green - Then again floor it and activate the Kick Down mode where in the gear will jump downward 1 or 2 gears and surge forward - also useful for overtaking.

Do note the gears "LEARN" your driving style so if one is a passive driver in general and one suddenly want to start driving fast it will not respond as quickly as in the case of a vehicle that is normally driven quickly. Essentially the response would depend on the driving style of the driver in general. So even while test driving an AT the driving style over the last few kms by previous drivers would impact the response that you get.

It is a heavy vehicle but does have a heart and especially in the AT on account of the S and Kickdown modes one can get a quick response. But if one is a sedate driver then it suddenly will not respond too fast with a gentle tap and a fair bit of aggression would be required.

Though not actually timed by me I think the AT 0-100 in S mode will the ACC aggressively depressed should be about 11-12 sec.

EcoBoost with AT though would have been lovely to have.

Tyres do make a difference.
Are you sure about this? How does it 'learn' the gears? Also, any feedback on in city fuel consumption?
Old 23rd August 2015, 14:42   #9278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
What kind of a mileage are you getting for in city driving? Not looking at great figures, but a friend was asking and he wants to buy as long as it's not some abysmal figure like 5 or 6.
Its very early days yet, I am still in the run-in period. I have a fuel log book and I'm keeping track, but I think its too early to make an assessment of the kind of mileage I will get on a consistent basis. I'll report back on mileage in another two months from now. But rest assured, even in this early stage its not as low as 5-6 (at least for me). Its more like 8.5- 9.0 in 100% urban commute in Hyderabad. I expect it to settle down at 11.0 Kmpl or so, based on fellow forum members' experience and confidence in my "sedate" driving style

Mileage is heavily influenced by your driving style, state of maintenance and the local traffic conditions. The first two you control, the third you don't.
Old 23rd August 2015, 16:48   #9279
Senior - BHPian

Two ATs booked in one week and one bought? Just as I thought. Some would go back to Ecosports after checkin' out Creta's prices. After all both are 5 seaters and Ecosport looks slightly better to me than Creta. Creta is not a bad looker at all but from some angles it has those folded-paper lines. And also, price-wise it is a very steep hike from Ecosport. At the present prevailing prices, Ecosport AT is a tremendous value. I only hope Ford does not get too carried away by Creta's prices and increase Eco's prices. Ford should bear in mind that it is no Maruti/Hyundai who can dictate market. Let Ford use this opportunity to increase its market share first by putting more Ecosports on roads at prevailing prices.
pgsagar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 20:05   #9280
Senior - BHPian

Friends of ours are planning to take a test drive tomorrow. The dealer has promised an AT for one tomorrow.
They asked me for my views on the vehicle and I've given them the pros and cons. I think they are on the verge of booking it.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 20:14   #9281
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Two ATs booked in one week and one bought? Just as I thought. Some would go back to Ecosports after checkin' out Creta's prices. After all both are 5 seaters and Ecosport looks slightly better to me than Creta. Creta is not a bad looker at all but from some angles it has those folded-paper lines. And also, price-wise it is a very steep hike from Ecosport. At the present prevailing prices, Ecosport AT is a tremendous value. I only hope Ford does not get too carried away by Creta's prices and increase Eco's prices. Ford should bear in mind that it is no Maruti/Hyundai who can dictate market. Let Ford use this opportunity to increase its market share first by putting more Ecosports on roads at prevailing prices.
Three people I know who were waiting for the Creta AT are now thinking of alternatives, not because of pricing, but the fact that the AT is lacking in all the safety features. Stupid move by Hyundai. Two are looking at the Ecosport AT.
kumar2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 21:35   #9282
BHPian

Quote:
Three people I know who were waiting for the Creta AT are now thinking of alternatives, not because of pricing, but the fact that the AT is lacking in all the safety features. Stupid move by Hyundai. Two are looking at the Ecosport AT.
I am one such person. I was all set to buy the Creta AT, but could not / did not want to compromise on the modern safety features. So I went ahead and bought the EcoSport AT, and do not regret it one bit. My better half has already congratulated me for my wisdom in saving a ton of money in the process as well
Contrapunto is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2015, 22:31   #9283
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
I am one such person. I was all set to buy the Creta AT, but could not / did not want to compromise on the modern safety features. So I went ahead and bought the EcoSport AT, and do not regret it one bit. My better half has already congratulated me for my wisdom in saving a ton of money in the process as well
Is there any waiting period for the AT currently?
Old 23rd August 2015, 22:45   #9284
BHPian

Color waiting period - yes. There are two colors readily available but wify does not like it. I have been told I will certainly get my color next month.

Due to non availability of color I missed out on the 2 lac sale offer.

It was like they want to give the offer only if we compromise on colors.... which cannot be made available in next 7 days. They cay any color can be availed within a month - let me see if they keep the word.
Old 24th August 2015, 09:52   #9285
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any waiting period for the AT currently?
Not sure about Bangalore, but here in Hyderabad, the common colours are readily available in AT as well as Titanium+ diesel (white, mars Red, and I think blue).

As I heard from the dealer (and commented in this forum) that the dealers are well aware of how both these models suddenly appear "great value" after the recent launches and are maintaining inventories to quickly convert walk-ins to sales.

So, specific colours may take a week or two, but common colours should be readily available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks