Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2015, 13:25   #9301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post

One question that how long the leather seats of the Ecosport last, as no seat covers are permitted due to the airbags inside, and if they get damaged, how are they repaired, is the oem leather available. And how much does it cost?

Thanks.
Do not worry about their durability, my car has completed 2 years with 25k on odo and the seat covers are holding up perfectly well, not showing any signs of wear n tear.
Did not see any member complaining of stiching coming off or leather getting worn so i would assume the covers should last really long.

Would advise you to avoid putting seat covers, it is not recommended by Ford and it could jeopardise safety if the airbags do not deploy in a side collision.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2015, 13:53   #9302
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy45 View Post
Not sure about the amps, but having a flat battery on middle of a highway or night journey has always haunted me. I have this compact jump starter bought from AE and it works like a charm. It comes with good quality insulated starter cables.
Once I helped a person stranded near my apartment as he forgot to switch off parking lights and resulted in battery discharge. Since then news spread so wide and quick, I have helped several bringing up their batteries from coma!

Device has muti-functions with USB and connectors for every possible kind of phone and laptop ever made. I always carry it around in my tool kit. Recharges from any AC outlet or car 12v socket. May be a have a look.
Thanks for sharing this information.
Is it fuel specific? i mean is it different for petrol and diesel models? AE shows one model specific for diesel.
Old 27th August 2015, 15:12   #9303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidenzo View Post
Thanks for sharing this information.
Is it fuel specific? i mean is it different for petrol and diesel models? AE shows one model specific for diesel.
No, it works for both. Well tested and affirmed.
Old 28th August 2015, 09:41   #9304

Our Brand New Ford EcoSport, Clutch pedal pulsating when depressed

Hi Guys,

Im new here, so let me start by saying im glad to be a part of this wonderful community.

We just took delivery of a Ford Eco Sport (Ambiente 1.5 Diesel) last evening. I will be making out a detailed prepurchase and delivery transaction review but meanwhile had to ask of the following issue i am facing.

I found the clutch when depressed fully is continuously pulsating. I can feel a non stop maybe 3 times per sec timed pulsing on the pedal. Quite honestly it kind of takes away from the smooth driving experience. There is no audible noise though.

Can someone tell me what this might be. Is this normal in a diesel car to feel pulsing on the clutch pedal when depressed or is this a red flag.

Any help / suggestions will be useful as this has got me in a fix.
Old 28th August 2015, 16:45   #9305
BHPian

Hey guys, just went for my 5th service (40k kms) today. Mine is a 1.0l Ecoboost.
Was shocked as always. The ford ASC doesn't show separate check list for 1.0l ecoboost. They consider 1.5l duratec petrol checklist and lists the parts to be replaced and all referring that. Have to always correct them using the owners manual. On asking which engine oil they will use, they always reply 10W30, whereas the manual recommends 5W30. I ask them always as a test and they fail
Anyways they have quoted approx Rs.5600/- for the parts and labour, including general consumables like oils and oil filters, sump gasket etc.
Seema a bit pricey to me, do share your experience for the same.
Thanks.
Old 29th August 2015, 17:05   #9306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonehedge View Post
Hi Guys,

Im new here, so let me start by saying im glad to be a part of this wonderful community.

We just took delivery of a Ford Eco Sport (Ambiente 1.5 Diesel) last evening. I will be making out a detailed prepurchase and delivery transaction review but meanwhile had to ask of the following issue i am facing.

I found the clutch when depressed fully is continuously pulsating. I can feel a non stop maybe 3 times per sec timed pulsing on the pedal. Quite honestly it kind of takes away from the smooth driving experience. There is no audible noise though.

Can someone tell me what this might be. Is this normal in a diesel car to feel pulsing on the clutch pedal when depressed or is this a red flag.

Any help / suggestions will be useful as this has got me in a fix.
This is certainly not normal. My Ecosport TDCI just completed 2 years and I have no such issues. However a used Skoda yeti that I was considering buying last year had exactly this issue, continuous pulsating feeling from clutch even when partially depressed, turning into a shudder when fully depressed. It was quite annoying and I dropped the idea of buying that car.
Old 29th August 2015, 19:59   #9307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavukjain View Post
After driving about 30K kms, I have started to feel that the clutch is really hard and is a pain in bumper to bumper traffic especially in gurgaon. Is anybody else facing same issues ?

i had covered around 50K when i noticed the same.I got it replaced under warranty.The bill showed Kit Clutch @7000Rs.I heard that Ford has ordered to replace under warranty if it occurs at less than 50K km
jojoinassi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2015, 21:53   #9308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojoinassi View Post
i had covered around 50K when i noticed the same.I got it replaced under warranty.The bill showed Kit Clutch @7000Rs.I heard that Ford has ordered to replace under warranty if it occurs at less than 50K km
That is brilliant and shows how much confidence Ford have in their product , diesel clutches do get hard at 50k mark, my Vento is also inching towards 50k kms and the hard clutch has become even harder, saving grace is that the car is used for highway runs.
Were you facing any issues or is that they replaced it because it was hard? Was it done under standard or extended warranty if your car was over 2 years when clutch work was done, clutch must be butter smooth after replacement.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 29th August 2015 at 21:54.
Old 30th August 2015, 10:15   #9309

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
This is certainly not normal. My Ecosport TDCI just completed 2 years and I have no such issues. However a used Skoda yeti that I was considering buying last year had exactly this issue, continuous pulsating feeling from clutch even when partially depressed, turning into a shudder when fully depressed. It was quite annoying and I dropped the idea of buying that car.
I went to the service center and showed the vehicle to a service adviser. He told me its normal. So i being skeptical asked if i can feel the clutch on any other Eco Sport standing in the service station. They took me to a titanium version standing there and i depressed the clutch and found the same pulsation on that pedal too. I think its too much of an impossible coincidence that the said vehicle must have had the same issue too.

A gentleman in my neighbor hood has a ford EcoSport and i think ill go and try the clutch on his vehicle today. Ill keep you posted on what i find.
Old 31st August 2015, 20:08   #9310
BHPian

Hi

Anybody booked and taken delivery of ecosport recently, please let me know if the dealer charges extra(approx Rs.4500) for the essential pack(Mud flaps, floor mats and boot mat).

My dealer has agreed for my own insurance and reduced only that amount from the final price. He is throwing in seat covers, car cover and a couple of other things.

TIA
Old 31st August 2015, 21:08   #9311
BHPian

Here is my experience before buying the car.

I was about to book the car(AT) on 21st August when RavenAvi posted the ad from Ford (2 lakh sales and so 12k discount).
When I inquired my contact I was told the specified color is not available and if I choose a available color they can give me 12k discount.
I was not interested in any other color. However at the same time another branch of the same company contacted me and offered the color I wanted
and 12k discount but they were from a different city(but they would deliver in Bangalore). I was not sure what to do and my SA asked me to ignore
as they would probably drive down from the other city.

I went ahead and booked my car in Bangalore and initially the SA said that new cars will be allocated only on 5th of each month, However the car was available today
I noticed that the ODO is 33 kms and the car has lots of dirt inside near the accelerator and brake pedals. I have a strong feeling(a hunch as the other city is Bellary
and typical red mud from the yard and it has rained in Bellary recently and based on some discussions) its the same car which was in the other city and has been probably been transported in a truck
(Its a AT and probably not getting sold in that smaller city).

I told my SA that it seems to be the same car and in a few minutes his manager called me and told its a new car and nothing to worry about but evasive when I said I could have got additional discount if I had booked from the other branch - he says he can give that discount now but no other accessories already promised. I just feel I am being taken for granted).

However I did a PDI as per the team-bhp list and everything else looked fine. VIN says it was manufactured in August 2015. Goodyear Assurance tyres.
Besides the above concern the SA has been very good to me during the sales process.

Should I be concerned and cancel the order(I may loose 3000 and I don't mind), Other competitor I am in touch with is offering exactly the same price and accessories.
Old 1st September 2015, 12:08   #9312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
Should I be concerned and cancel the order(I may loose 3000 and I don't mind), Other competitor I am in touch with is offering exactly the same price and accessories.
Given you carried out a PDI and it didn't throw up any concerns, you can go for it. Moreover, its an Aug 2015 vehicle, so its not something that's been idling in a yard for long. 33 km on the odo is also acceptable.
Old 1st September 2015, 12:39   #9313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNotHorn View Post
Here is my experience before buying the car.

I noticed that the ODO is 33 kms and the car has lots of dirt inside near the accelerator and brake pedals.

However I did a PDI as per the team-bhp list and everything else looked fine. VIN says it was manufactured in August 2015. Goodyear Assurance tyres.

As said above, if you have done the PDI and it's as per your satisfaction, I see no reason to be concerned. Unless, you feel the car has been driven around more than what the ODO shows. But I don't know if it does happen, does it?
Old 1st September 2015, 13:10   #9314
BHPian

Is anybody aware of the cost of front windscreen
Old 1st September 2015, 13:42   #9315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
Is anybody aware of the cost of front windscreen
I was quoted 12k + installation charges at metro Ford Bangalore. A small stone from a car had hit the windshield. I am yet to get it changed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks