Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2015, 10:29   #9391
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

And here's the rest of the pictures of the new colour from Jude300 - thanks for sharing!

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image_2.jpeg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image.jpeg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-image_3.jpeg
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 11:57   #9392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Today afternoon while driving through the busy Arcot road in chennai, spotted this Ford Ecosport in the new colour (golden bronze). Happy to share it with all. Does this suggest a new colour is in the offering for the festival season or is it part of the facelift.

Note to Moderators: I have been trying to load multiple pics but in vain. Hence forced to load them in separate posts. Please excuse
Looks similar to the popular colour that is sported by many a Duster. Attractive shade though.
Old 25th September 2015, 13:58   #9393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
The existing Ecosport Sync menu does contain Applink control but its not functional. I have no idea what extra hardware is needed, as the apps communicate with the head unit via bluetooth which is already there. I thought a firmware update will do the trick, & Sync firmware is user upgradable also. Hope existing owners do no miss out this feature which is supposed to be there from day 1. The applink feature ads are already out on paper. Here is one from a popular Calcutta newspaper today:
Attachment 1344469
Hi all !!

Any update on the upragadabilty of the ford sync app for 2013 -14 ecosport owners to start using the Applink feature thats available in the newer 2015 models..
Also can anyone throw any light on the glove box cooling feature? Why has ford advertised this as a feture for ecosport when i cant feel the slightest of air coming out through the airflow vent inside the glove box? Have checked with the service centre and many other ecosport owners and they agree with the same..
Old 25th September 2015, 18:45   #9394
BHPian

There is a new version of SYNC available on the FORD website. I have downloaded and installed it but not very sure if anything actually got installed. The upgrade was supposed to improve the recognition of Indian accent, but it continues to be problematic as before.
Old 25th September 2015, 19:45   #9395
BHPian

I didn't have any problems with the Sync voice recognition yet.
I'm sad that WagonR is gone, it was a rubbish car but damn I loved her.
Here is the Ecosport with the City:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20150925_192440.jpg

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th September 2015 at 06:49. Reason: Image edited
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 07:23   #9396
BHPian

The new ecosport is going to get more power, electrically foldable rear view mirrors, push button start in the titanium version ( which was earlier available-now only in the titanium+ option)and I guess rain sensing wipers too -according to a guy who went recently for training from my dealership

And a price rise too
Old 27th September 2015, 08:02   #9397
BHPian

Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Let us hope they do a headlight upgrade too. The stock ones are terrible. I have tried xtreme visions and no joy. Am forced to go thru 90/100 route. Even then the reflector design doesn't do much justice.

If there is a choice of projectors, I guess lot of existing owners might benefit if it's plug and play. Hope ford engineers are doing something about the lights.

Last edited by differential : 27th September 2015 at 08:04.
Old 27th September 2015, 14:24   #9398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
I didn't have any problems with the Sync voice recognition yet.
I'm sad that WagonR is gone, it was a rubbish car but damn I loved her.
Here is the Ecosport with the City:
Attachment 1419587
I don't know why is that picture up side down.
Anyway, I noticed while driving that the wiper washer fluid is empty,the dealer hasn't filled up any water.
I filled up three bottles of water from a tap and an hour later, this happened:
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20150927_135051.jpg
Why is it leaking water?

Last edited by Aditya : 29th September 2015 at 07:28. Reason: Rotating image
Old 27th September 2015, 16:38   #9399
BHPian

Quote:

Anyway, I noticed while driving that the wiper washer fluid is empty,the dealer hasn't filled up any water.

Attachment 1420061

Why is it leaking water?

Maybe the dealer did fill up but you have a break or disconnection in the pipes which is leaking and emptying the reservoir. Would be best to get it checked. Check if it retains water for more than a couple of hours then you may be good.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 09:49   #9400
BHPian

Guys, I noticed something. There is a noticeable colour difference between the body,bumper and the OVRM's. Have a look:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20150928_092840.png  

Old 28th September 2015, 10:36   #9401
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1420061
Why is it leaking water?
This is similar to my issue I had. Only to find out the wiper tank socket was not closed fee ROM inside. Had to remove the bumpers and get it closed. Or a broken pipe which is very rare .
funnyguru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 11:01   #9402
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I noticed something. There is a noticeable colour difference between the body,bumper and the OVRM's. Have a look:
Did you say somewhere that the car was 2 month sold when you bought it? I hope that delay is not attributable to the time they took to repaint the door. Didn't you spot it during PDI? Smell hard on that panel to check whether it smells fresh paint.
Old 28th September 2015, 11:08   #9403
Senior - BHPian

How does the Ecosport behave when driving through water puddles?

I've driven the fiesta classic(with MRF rubber) in the heaviest of torrential downpours and over water puddles, i never ever faced any iota of instability.

On the other day i was driving the Ecosport(with Goodyear assurance) in the BETL during the rains, Bangalore and faced slight fishtailing even at 60 kmph even with a steady steering.
Old 28th September 2015, 14:34   #9404

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
There is a new version of SYNC available on the FORD website. I have downloaded and installed it but not very sure if anything actually got installed. The upgrade was supposed to improve the recognition of Indian accent, but it continues to be problematic as before.
Hi ,
As far as i ve been checking for the new SYNC version available, all the updates currently are only for system improvements. They are not adding on the new "Applink" feature which lets the vehicle communicate with ford approved phone apps.
I too believe there is no need for any hardware upgrade as this looks like only a firmware feature added on to the new systems.. Any XDA experts here who can throw light on the software upgradation on Sync to catch up with the new features? Also if you check the Ford US websites on sync you can read articles on upgrading the old sync my ford systems to the new Ford Sync with Applink. Any such possibilities in India or are we looking at these improvements too early from Ford in India? Also why do my Coke cans still sweat inside the "cooled glove box" ??
Old 28th September 2015, 20:14   #9405
BHPian

Quote:
Why is it leaking water?
I avoid filling the washer fluid tank with normal tap water as it gradually blocks the spray nozzles due to the hardness and various other substances which collect at the tip of the nozzles. I learnt it the hard way when the borewell water completely blocked the nozzles of my previous car. I use drinking water (RO) for this purpose.

For the leakage, it seems the connector is dislocated or the tank is damaged. Get it addressed the service centre.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks