Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2015, 10:54   #9571
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Motorcraft also have frameless wiper blades that come on the 2011/2014 Fiesta, as seen in this picture. Until now, I've never thought of asking the Ford ASC to provide these wipers, and I fear they'll be priced high.
The Fiesta wipers don't fit on the Ecosport. Not because of size but they use a different locking mechanism. Instead of the U type lock, the Fiesta uses the press type locking system.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 13:39   #9572
BHPian

On my car I noticed the rubber hoses carrying wash fluid from the reservoir to the hood was cut. It doesn't appear to be a rat issue as there are no chew marks instead its sheared off at the hinges. Has anyone experienced this?
Old 21st November 2015, 15:54   #9573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
On my car I noticed the rubber hoses carrying wash fluid from the reservoir to the hood was cut. It doesn't appear to be a rat issue as there are no chew marks instead its sheared off at the hinges. Has anyone experienced this?
Yes, my car's pipes were cut from the first day I picked it up.
How old is your car? Check my ownership review, I have explained about this in detail.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2015, 17:49   #9574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Yes, my car's pipes were cut from the first day I picked it up.
How old is your car? Check my ownership review, I have explained about this in detail.
2 year old, never checked that hose in the past either during weekend checks or at service. Anyhow going in for a service on Monday.
Old 21st November 2015, 18:01   #9575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
warranty denied an a quote of 13K is given :(

They've included clutch slave cylinder too in the quote and this is the possible culprit. I argued if slave cylinder is the cause and it is cover under warranty then why are you charging for it then they said if cylinder alone is the problem then it can be covered. After talking to FORD they offered 50% off on labour and 5% on parts as the best offer.

I called customer care and they were very rude and repeated the same thing that dealership said.

Guys any emails for higher-ups in ford ? I found Anurag Mehrotra is the service head for ford india any email ?

Attachment 1441434
Show them a bill in which you have complained of the clutch judder since your 4 visits. Secondly slave cylinder comes under extended warranty. There is no way to abuse a slave cylinder.

I had got my clutch changed in my Swift D at 20 thousand km under warranty. Don't budge regarding paying anything for the slave cylinder.
Old 21st November 2015, 19:24   #9576
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Show them a bill in which you have complained of the clutch judder since your 4 visits. Secondly slave cylinder comes under extended warranty. There is no way to abuse a slave cylinder.

I had got my clutch changed in my Swift D at 20 thousand km under warranty. Don't budge regarding paying anything for the slave cylinder.
Strangely I dont have my issues mentioned on any of the bills I've ever got back. It only says 99QDP which refers to 99 point checkup. But I did check their system and it had everything.

Surprisingly slave cylinder and release bearing is a single unit and they actually meant the bearing when they created the quote.

My car was with them for 2 days and they didn't budge at all. I didn't agree for a clutch change and asked them to put everything back as is and I'll take the case with someone higher-up. While putting the clutch back they slightly rubbed the clutch plate with emery paper. They assured it will work fine. I took a copy of all their job cards. I talked to a ford guy later who said if I find the same issue he'll involve a technical guy from chennai.

The car is driving fine and that judder is no longer there. I'm not sure if the problem was with bleeding or its a temporary relief since that slip marks are gone from the plate. I wasn't hesitant either because I knew the clutch had a lot of juice left and the slip marks we not deep but superficial.

To summarize I felt that I went I their trap in this entire scenario because I loved my car so much that I couldn't trust these guys beyond 2 days.

I'll not leave these guys once the problem reoccurs
akhilesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 02:03   #9577
Senior - BHPian

Has T-Bhp been able to do an assessment of the 2015 Ecosport yet?
Would love to know the moderators views on the powertrain tweaks & its effect on driveability.

Last edited by arjab : 23rd November 2015 at 02:05.
Old 23rd November 2015, 10:40   #9578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Guys need a help on my ecosport TCDi 2014. Its has done 14K kms but since 10K I've been experiencing a slight clutch slip or judder when I run in bumper to bumper traffic for long.
I got my Ecosport in Oct 2015. It has covered nearly 1200 kms till now. I have experienced a slight judder 4/5 times till now which lasts for nearly 2-3 seconds. On downshifting/pressing the clutch, it goes away. Not sure whether it is due to the fact that i leave the clutch early or whether it is an issue with the clutch.

Any pointers will be appreciated.
Old 23rd November 2015, 11:48   #9579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I got my Ecosport in Oct 2015. It has covered nearly 1200 kms till now. I have experienced a slight judder 4/5 times till now which lasts for nearly 2-3 seconds. On downshifting/pressing the clutch, it goes away. Not sure whether it is due to the fact that i leave the clutch early or whether it is an issue with the clutch.

Any pointers will be appreciated.
If the judder happens at around 1000 RPM its normal. Its the anti stall feature where in the ECU increases the engine RPM slightly to avoid stalling of the vehicle.

If the judder is in a RPM way above 1000 then better you get it checked once.
sunilg33 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:21   #9580
BHPian

Hi had a query regarding abs. I have noticed that during some sudden braking especially in wet conditions, you can hear a sound which is similar to like the reverse thrust engine that an airplane makes while it lands(lower decibels of course). My question is, is the abs kicking in?Experienced this twice although abs light did not come on.
Old 23rd November 2015, 12:34   #9581
Distinguished - BHPian

I had the pleasure of driving my Dad's 2014 EcoSport TDCi for about 100 km in Bangalore traffic this weekend, with most of it being heavy and bumper-to-bumper. While I have driven it elsewhere, driving it on the same roads that I've experienced with my EcoBoost gave me a great comparison between the two. Note that his diesel EcoSport has covered 9k kms and my EcoBoost has done 12k kms, so they're comparably run-in.

Within the city, the diesel EcoSport wins in:
  • Low speed driveability in the city is amazing (and this is a pre-facelift model)
  • Reduced gear changes in city/B2B traffic
  • Comfortable and light clutch - I found this to be no heavier than the EcoBoost
  • Gear ratios are well spaced out, especially 2nd gear
  • Better mileage and lower running costs

Within the city, the EcoBoost EcoSport wins in:
  • Even in the city, when the road clears up to a reasonable extent, the EcoBoost is able to speed up better and quicker than the diesel, and with lesser drama/noise.
  • Sweet, sweet engine noise. The diesel's clatter is unmistakable and noticeable. Previously I thought the EcoBoost engine was also noisy, but it turns out I was just focusing on it too much. The EcoBoost is far quieter than the diesel, and the engine sounds nicer. I'm very particular/fussy about engine noise, so the EcoBoost wins this hands down. Others who don't mind diesels won't have a problem.

Having got a good feel of both variants, which one would I recommend?
  • The diesel makes an extremely strong case for itself, if you're mostly in the city, and head out for only occasional trips on weekends/festive holidays. The diesel again makes an excellent case for itself based on running costs if you're on the highway. The diesel is available in every trim level, so if you can afford an EcoSport, I'd say consider putting in some more money for a diesel.
  • I would recommend (and choose) the EcoBoost only to that limited group who really value the punchiness of the EcoBoost and who prefer its relatively quieter engine. While the EcoBoost's performance really shines on highways, if you're on the highways reasonably often, the costs of running it will be quite poor, especially when you start exploiting the EcoBoost's performance.
  • I've not driven the 1.5 petrol, so will refrain from commenting about it. However, we've all seen feedback from actual owners who are quite happy with both the manual and automatic variants.

Now that I already own the EcoBoost, I don't regret it, apart from complaining at the drop of a hat about the 2nd gear that is brilliant on highways but crap in the city . But if I were shopping for a new EcoSport, I would be looking at the diesel, particularly with the improved engine. And a pair of earplugs. But I'd also miss the sweet sound of the turbo overlaid on the purring petrol. Oh my God, I might end up getting the Polo TSI! That has it all: sweet sounding turbo-petrol, good city and highway driveability!

Last edited by arunphilip : 23rd November 2015 at 12:37.
arunphilip is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 13:16   #9582

A friend of mine needs help

Hi,

Does the recently updated EcoSport come with auto-folding ORVMs?

Thanks.

Last edited by Papillon : 23rd November 2015 at 13:43.
Papillon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2015, 13:18   #9583
BHPian

A friend of mine needs help

Hello Friends,

Which is the best place to sell (online)a car in Bangalore and get a reasonable price?

Can anyone please help with the process? Is teambhp classifieds safe and effective?

It is a top of the line (Titanium+) Diamond White diesel 2014 EcoSport sparingly used (just <5K KM). Also has Ford fitted reverse parking camera, illuminated scuff plates, rear spoiler (all fitted by Ford at delivery).

It is as good as new. 100% scratch-free! This is for a friend of mine who is not able to post as he is a new member here.

Please help with tips/insights.

Thanks.
Old 23rd November 2015, 13:54   #9584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitheeshsreeram View Post
Hi had a query regarding abs. I have noticed that during some sudden braking especially in wet conditions, you can hear a sound which is similar to like the reverse thrust engine that an airplane makes while it lands(lower decibels of course). My question is, is the abs kicking in?Experienced this twice although abs light did not come on.
The sound you describe seems that of ABS kicking in. The sound of ABS could be alarming for the first few instances.
ABS light comes up only when your ABS system has malfunctioned or when your battery is dead - Not when it kicks in.

Last edited by sunilg33 : 23rd November 2015 at 13:57.
Old 23rd November 2015, 14:12   #9585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
Hi,

Does the recently updated EcoSport come with auto-folding ORVMs?

Thanks.
No, it does not. Wonder why though.
nitheeshsreeram is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed