Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2015, 21:18   #9586
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I have been looking for a compact SUV and had recently taken a TD of the Ecosport Diesel.

Overall the car is definitely great on all counts, but I faced a peculiar problem regarding the toe-end of the left shoe interfering with the steering column while operating the clutch. Of-course after a bit of adjustment, I could manage to circumvent the problem - but I would be curious to know if anyone else has this experience.

Thanks..
Old 23rd November 2015, 22:01   #9587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitheeshsreeram View Post
No, it does not. Wonder why though.
Don't think the cruze control has been provided on the AT model as well i guess.
Old 24th November 2015, 00:09   #9588
BHPian

Quote:
Hi had a query regarding abs. I have noticed that during some sudden braking especially in wet conditions, you can hear a sound which is similar to like the reverse thrust engine that an airplane makes while it lands(lower decibels of course). My question is, is the abs kicking in?Experienced this twice although abs light did not come on.
When ABS kicks in, you will feel the unmistakable pulsation of the brake pedal. The first time you experience it, it can be a little unnerving.

I have noticed that the ABS in ecosport kicks in pretty early. I must have experienced it almost 5-6 times so far in my 2 years of ownership (all of them at very low speeds and on gravel). My other vehicle, the vento, on the other hand has never had the ABS kick in under similar situations. Anyone else experienced it?
Old 24th November 2015, 10:13   #9589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laferrari View Post

I have noticed that the ABS in ecosport kicks in pretty early. I must have experienced it almost 5-6 times so far in my 2 years of ownership (all of them at very low speeds and on gravel). My other vehicle, the vento, on the other hand has never had the ABS kick in under similar situations. Anyone else experienced it?
Yes, the two instances I had experienced it at was low speeds, less than 30kmph. Once on wet roads and another on gravel.
Old 25th November 2015, 11:23   #9590
Senior - BHPian

Saw this EcoSport over the weekend with a highly amusing spare tyre.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20151121_132414271.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20151121_132402400.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20151121_132408086.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20151121_132506148_hdr.jpg

Looks like a fan of agriculture. Agrimax is a product of the mighty Balkrishna Industries Limited (BKT).
deetjohn is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 15:00   #9591
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

... ... ...

Looks like a fan of agriculture. Agrimax is a product of the mighty Balkrishna Industries Limited (BKT).
Certainly no fan of practicality. I want to see this guy scratching his head when he gets a puncture! Perhaps then, he'll realise that a spare tyre is not a decorative feature.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 16:07   #9592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoSphere View Post
I have been looking for a compact SUV and had recently taken a TD of the Ecosport Diesel.

Overall the car is definitely great on all counts.... but I would be curious to know if anyone else has this experience.

Thanks..
My mom initially complained about this but not anymore. I guess it depends on an individual's seating position, I never faced this problem in the ecosport even with my larger than usual foot size but in the city I do face this issue sometimes. I guess its a matter of getting used to.
Quote:
Yes, the two instances I had experienced it at was low speeds, less than 30kmph. Once on wet roads and another on gravel.
Wet, gravel or other surfaces where there's a lack of grip, the brakes will lock earlier and hence the abs will kick in sooner.
Old 25th November 2015, 16:13   #9593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

Yes this one is a bit frequent at the Kairali Ford Service. I too saw this last week when I was there.

Hope he has got some spare wheel in his luggage tray.
Old 25th November 2015, 16:52   #9594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I had the pleasure of driving my Dad's 2014 EcoSport TDCi for about 100 km in Bangalore traffic this weekend, with most of it being heavy and bumper-to-bumper.
I was in Bangalore on Monday driving an Ecosport 1.5D (Zoomcar) in heavy 6PM traffic from Majestic to Brigade Road. Took me around 40 minutes, but the diesel handled traffic way better than my Ecoboost.
hemant.kamat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 06:40   #9595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by laferrari View Post
I agree with the ABS, its been 2 year of my ownership and I have felt the pulsating quite often , but this ABS saved my life on very first day of buying car , I had to take a sudden right turn and when I pressed the brake ,vola ! No skitting
Jose.solorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 10:20   #9596
BHPian

Re: Water enters Ford Plant in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Water enters Ford Plant in Chennai due to continuous rain.
I would strongly recommend extended warranty and 3M underbody protection to those taking delivery in the next 3 months. I also suggest writing to Ford India with the above photograph attached and demanding that these be offered for free, else defer your delivery for a few months (check the VIN to ascertain the manufacturing date)
Old 2nd December 2015, 11:22   #9597
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
I would strongly recommend extended warranty and 3M underbody protection to those taking delivery in the next 3 months. I also suggest writing to Ford India with the above photograph attached and demanding that these be offered for free, else defer your delivery for a few months (check the VIN to ascertain the manufacturing date)
Better to defer the delivery because the situation is worse now and they are expecting the rain to continue till this weekend.

If the water goes to a dangerous level, will Ford scrap these vehicles because I think these vehicles will be insured for natural calamities.
Old 2nd December 2015, 11:38   #9598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
If the water goes to a dangerous level, will Ford scrap these vehicles because I think these vehicles will be insured for natural calamities.
Didn't Honda dealer(s) repair and pass on flood damaged vehicles to unwary buyers in Mumbai, a few years back? I wouldn't put it past Ford dealer(s) to do the same.

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 2nd December 2015 at 11:58. Reason: Added "dealer(s)" to the original comment. Not sure if HCIL was responsible/aware of this
Old 2nd December 2015, 11:49   #9599
BHPian

My ecosport 1.5 TDCI is due for its first oil change service @ 10k kms. I contacted regarding the same at my local service center and on enquiring about the engine oil, the SA told me that they only use Castrol Semi synthetic oil. Now my question is to all the ecosport owners, does Ford allow us to use pure synthetic of any brand of recommended grade or is it only the semi synthetic oil from Castrol which can be used? The SA simply refused to offer me the full synthetic.
Also, I tried calling the customer care but due to the unfortunate conditions in Chennai, they are temporarily closed.
Can anyone please help me out with the same? Can I use oil of my choice in the car? Or should I look for some other service center?

Regards,
Shreyak.

Last edited by shreyak_ss : 2nd December 2015 at 11:56. Reason: Changed mineral to semi synthetic.
shreyak_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 19:59   #9600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
My ecosport 1.5 TDCI is due for its first oil change service @ 10k kms. I contacted regarding the same at my local service center and on enquiring about the engine oil, the SA told me that they only use Castrol Semi synthetic oil. Now my question is to all the ecosport owners, does Ford allow us to use pure synthetic of any brand of recommended grade or is it only the semi synthetic oil from Castrol which can be used? The SA simply refused to offer me the full synthetic.
Also, I tried calling the customer care but due to the unfortunate conditions in Chennai, they are temporarily closed.
Can anyone please help me out with the same? Can I use oil of my choice in the car? Or should I look for some other service center?

Regards,
Shreyak.
As I know any Authorised Ford Service Centre would use only Ford prescribed oil which happens to Castrol Semi Synthetic. If you want a different oil, you might want to get it done at non-authorised service centre.
Changing engine oil to a type not suggested by Ford might violate warranty as well.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed