Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2016, 08:35   #9751
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaeroon View Post
I generally play music over bluetooth (paired with Sync), using Wynk app from my Nexus 5. I have noticed that the volume dips temporarily if any notification (new SMS, new WhatsApp message, any push notification) arrives. Its hardly a second (definitely not more than 2 seconds) before the volume comes back to original level.

Yes, the exact same thing happens but i never realised that it would be due to that. I have put all my whatsapp group on mute so dont hear any sounds so could never co-relate the issue with this notification stuff. Need to try with USB now. Thanks for your explanation. That makes sense actually.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 28th January 2016, 08:47   #9752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Got my 3rd paid service at 20k kms at Tanish Ford Gurgaon. Overall not very happy as the center is new and ill experienced.

Strange thing, my booklet doesn't say anything about brakes. It just mentions that brake fluid should be changed every 40k or 2 years whichever is earlier but the guys are service center said system is showing brake fluid change. Anyway I went for it but to my horror they charged labour of 552 + 552 for front and back shoes cleaning which was not mentioned anywhere in the service booklet. I refused to pay the amount and they finally charged 552 just once.

Total bill stood at 4542/- which was with 20% labour discount and 50% on oil filter which was a part of an offer because it was a new service center.
I got my second service at Gautam Budh Ford at Noida and came back dissatisfied. The service adviser didn't sound too knowledgeable and they had jacked up my bill by adding washer fluid and cavity protection each costing around 550-600. Will be looking out for some other service center for the next service. Any suggestions for the best FASS in NCR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
At times the music volume automatically goes down and comes back in a few seconds. No, it does not mute, just lowers a couple of notches and then back.
For me this happens when my reverse parking sensor beeps or if I get an SMS. I have not noted this otherwise.
Old 28th January 2016, 09:09   #9753
BHPian

Today after two and a half year of ownership I found a new thing . I own a trend TDI and the steering mounted audio control can also be used to answer and reject the call .

That brings a grin on my face , till now I was using the dashboard button to answer .

Did anyone knew this before hand or I am the nincompoop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
I got my second service at Gautam Budh Ford at Noida and came back dissatisfied. The service adviser didn't sound too knowledgeable and they had jacked up my bill by adding washer fluid and cavity protection each costing around 550-600. Will be looking out for some other service center for the next service. Any suggestions for the best FASS in NCR?
I found this board on Harpreet ford service centre motion nagar , refer to this before any service.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20151026_120500.jpg

Moreover ford us taking initiative for transparency, so one can calculate the expected cost of service or repair online . Their online cost calculater is pretty accurate and of their is any discrepancy between online and service centre quote one can always show the copy of online quote or just threaten them to complain .

My Beast just got his service last year and they were quoting a higher price and when i referred to their own service board and the pricing along with the team-bhp sticker they knew they can't fool a aware customer .

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th January 2016 at 09:27.
Jose.solorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2016, 09:46   #9754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose.solorider View Post

Moreover ford us taking initiative for transparency, so one can calculate the expected cost of service or repair online . Their online cost calculater is pretty accurate and of their is any discrepancy between online and service centre quote one can always show the copy of online quote or just threaten them to complain .

My Beast just got his service last year and they were quoting a higher price and when i referred to their own service board and the pricing along with the team-bhp sticker they knew they can't fool a aware customer .
Yes I saw that online calculator after I came back from service so will keep this is mind next time. But I had a big concern with the knowledge level and attitude of the SA. While opening the job card I casually asked him which engine oil goes into Ecoboost and how much, he said he will ask and let me know. What??? So I decided to stick around in the service center during servicing and oversee their work. Thankfully they didn't object to my presence in the service area.

A few days back I went to 3M service center in Gurgaon for a casual chit chat. When they realized I am there just for advise and not for any paid service they tried to disengage with me, but as soon as I told them I am TBHP member they began taking my queries seriously.

Just ordered my Team BHP stickers and it is in mail right now
Old 29th January 2016, 16:04   #9755

A question: Does the service due indicator activates at a predefined odometer reading or interval?
My Ecosport is due for first service which happens at 2500 KM. My Current odo is at 2448 KM but no indicator yet.
Old 29th January 2016, 17:36   #9756
Senior - BHPian

I went to FASS to buy some engine oil and coolant before going for a long trip. They had confirmed over the phone that coolant is available in a 5 litres can and 1 litre engine oil would be available. After i reached I was told that its not sold retail. I asked to speak to manager so the person consulted the manager and agreed and asked for a 1 litre bottle. I was a little taken aback. So they explained that they provide it from a big drum that they have.

They also confirmed that I can buy Castrol 10W30 semi synth from outside and use it. Same for coolant as well.

For engine oil though, manual says 5w30 or 5w20 for the Ecoboost.

Car has run only 1.8k kms. I just want to carry stock than being stranded if something happens. Am i being paranoid.
Old 29th January 2016, 21:28   #9757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I went to FASS to buy some engine oil and coolant before going for a long trip. They had confirmed over the phone that coolant is available in a 5 litres can and 1 litre engine oil would be available. After i reached I was told that its not sold retail. I asked to speak to manager so the person consulted the manager and agreed and asked for a 1 litre bottle. I was a little taken aback. So they explained that they provide it from a big drum that they have.

They also confirmed that I can buy Castrol 10W30 semi synth from outside and use it. Same for coolant as well.

For engine oil though, manual says 5w30 or 5w20 for the Ecoboost.

Car has run only 1.8k kms. I just want to carry stock than being stranded if something happens. Am i being paranoid.
Carrying engine oil and coolant is not of much use in my opinion and you will not be required to bother about them other than regular service intervals.
Old 29th January 2016, 23:38   #9758
BHPian

I want to enquire from the ecosport owners and experts regarding the specifications of the DRL bulb in the fog light of the updated titanium plus. I can see there are two bulbs in the fog light, one is the H11 foglight bulb and the other is the DRL, whose specs i want to know. I want to change these to the white light ones, not the bluish but pure white. These act as only DRL's, and switch off, when you turn on the pilot lamps, or the headlights.
Also i have infinity components lying with me, which i had put in my earlier car dzire. Can these be put on the ecosport, how are the stock speakers connected to the wiring, will i need some adaptors, are these available at accessory shops, online.
Thanks.
Old 30th January 2016, 12:06   #9759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneix View Post
A question: Does the service due indicator activates at a predefined odometer reading or interval?
My Ecosport is due for first service which happens at 2500 KM. My Current odo is at 2448 KM but no indicator yet.
No , there is no such indicator. I suggest you give the car for service at the earliest otherwise it can have an effect on warranty
Old 30th January 2016, 16:11   #9760
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneix View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitheeshsreeram View Post
No , there is no such indicator. I suggest you give the car for service at the earliest otherwise it can have an effect on warranty
There IS such an indicator but it is not always correctly set.

With ODO on 2448 you should head for the first service.

It indicate for me for 10k and 20k but both times right after my service which were done at roughly 9500 and 19k kms.

There is a way of manually resetting which the guys at the service centre told me over the phone.
ACM is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2016, 18:54   #9761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose.solorider View Post
Today after two and a half year of ownership I found a new thing . I own a trend TDI and the steering mounted audio control can also be used to answer and reject the call .

That brings a grin on my face , till now I was using the dashboard button to answer .

Did anyone knew this before hand or I am the nincompoop.
I had the gut feeling that it might work though there was no indication but no harm in experimenting so i had gone ahead and tried and it had worked flawlessly and i was all smiles too, although i had done this in first 10 days of ownership.
Old 1st February 2016, 19:15   #9762
Senior - BHPian

My Ecosport 1.5 TDCi is nearing its 30,000 kms service and am planning to pour in full synthetic oil this time around. Not happy with Ford supplied oil as it loses sheen within 6-7k kms after service and the engine sounds gruff for the remaining period. My dealer has no option for synthetic so i need to buy it from outside and take it in, not worried about warranty concerns since the extended warranty is anyways expiring in Sep, 2016. Ford supplied oil costs 1300-1400 and fully synthetic oil would cost 2600 or so, have tried synthetic in other cars and prefer it over these mineral or semi synth oils.

What would be a better bet? Mobil 1 0W-40 or Mobil 1 5W-50? I think 0W-40 is a safe bet, not able to source Mobil ESP 5W-30 fully synthetic oil. Service is due this week and i do not want to fill the oil which they bring in their dirty containers.
Old 1st February 2016, 21:20   #9763
BHPian

Go for Mobil 5W 40. I have used it. It's good.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 13:55   #9764
BHPian

Need to clean the cabin filter. Where is it located in Eco Sport? I do remember reading that it is some where around the glove box. If anyone has picture of where exactly it is, it would be helpful.
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:52   #9765

Service indicator is there(we know that) and normally activates at the service specific odometer reading e.g. at 10K kms is what I was told.

First service done. Cost Zero. Time spent at Station - 3 hours. Time taken for work - under 1 hour.

They are kind of unorganized at Saluja Motors Mohali Punjab.

Issues reported:
1. Minor rattle from both front doors on bad roads
Fix: they tightened the nuts holding the door pad. Whole door pad was not removed. Noise is not there now.
Observation: The silvery strip next to arm rest is held there by clips and if they have play they will create noise.

2. Boot door takes effort to close
Fix: Greased it but no benefit. Blamed it on the tire being there.

3. 2nd and Reverse gear very spongy to engage
Fix: Sprayed something from a Can. I asked if this is WD40. He said something like that, comes from Ford. 2nd gear is better but reverse is same.

I found one design defect on ORVM shells. The curve closer to door window has a line where the color is lost. Pic below. taken from phone camera.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20160130_120217.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20160130_120226.jpg

I pointed out that the black line was not there initially and notified sales guy about its appearance after few weeks. This area is not smooth, if you touch it has slight protrusion. They agreed that it is a paint quality issue and agreed to paint it free of cost for me. We checked few others Ecosports parked there and most of them had it. It is not easily visible in darker colors. I decided not to get it repainted and thought I will cover it carbon fiber wraps.

On the service board they had something that caught my attention and I took a photo. I recall a member with handle HarpreetSubhi said his car used to have sudden loss of power. In below pic (3rd row) something similar was mentioned and I felt it should be captured on this thread in case someone is facing this issue on TDCI.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20160130_122231.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks