Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2016, 21:07   #9766
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Apologies if this is a repeat question. I did look around but couldn't find a team bhp review of the AT. Specifically I was interested in the mileage, and red a few owner's accounts but wanted some more data points.
C'estlavie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 13:13   #9767
BHPian

Had a look at the supposed Ecosport killer Brezza in the Auto Expo. I came back with mixed feelings about the Brezza. It definitely is going to be hit among die hard Maruti fans. Looks are good from the front. But it still has the Swift profile from the side. It does not have the same tall stance as the Ecosport which gives Ecosport the SUV look and road presence. The interior finish and fittings are uninspiring. Build quality does not compare to Ford. The dual tone exteriors are definitely a plus. Given the opportunity to choose between the two, I think I would still go for the Ecosport. But I am sure there are many who would definitely prefer the "S" badge on their cars and that's where Ecosport may be hit.
amit.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 13:27   #9768
BHPian

Needed some quick advice.

Background:
on Saturday my car cleaner accidentally switched on the lights and left them on. This happened around 12:30 PM. Later in the night around 11:45 PM I found out but the car refused to start as the battery had totally died. Even the remote was not working and car could not be locked. On Sunday I got the car towed to Metro Ford on St. Marks road and today they called that the battery has totally died and they will be replacing it.

The manager of the car cleaner has agreed to bear all the expenses. As my car is in extended warranty, Ford is willing to give me 50% discount on the new battery.

Now my question: My car is less than 28 months old. Should the battery have completely died so early and that too when the headlights were left open for mere 11 hours or so?
Old 8th February 2016, 13:54   #9769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
Had a look at the supposed Ecosport killer Brezza in the Auto Expo. I came back with mixed feelings about the Brezza. It definitely is going to be hit among die hard Maruti fans. Looks are good from the front. But it still has the Swift profile from the side. It does not have the same tall stance as the Ecosport which gives Ecosport the SUV look and road presence. The interior finish and fittings are uninspiring. Build quality does not compare to Ford. The dual tone exteriors are definitely a plus. Given the opportunity to choose between the two, I think I would still go for the Ecosport. But I am sure there are many who would definitely prefer the "S" badge on their cars and that's where Ecosport may be hit.
Though i have not seen Brezza in detail, 2 things definitely goes against it which have been mentioned by you. Firstly the Swift profile from the side. And Secondly the Build Quality. But Ford Marketing seems to be a bit of a letdown. You need to create noise if you need to be in the market.
Old 8th February 2016, 14:07   #9770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand2712 View Post

The manager of the car cleaner has agreed to bear all the expenses. As my car is in extended warranty, Ford is willing to give me 50% discount on the new battery.

Now my question: My car is less than 28 months old. Should the battery have completely died so early and that too when the headlights were left open for mere 11 hours or so?
11 hours headlight on battery is definitely too long and battery would die. Not sure if this would have any adverse impact on the bulbs too. Good to know that Ford is not treating this as your error and is willing to replace it at 50%. Lucky that the manager of the car cleaner is willing to bear the charges.
Old 8th February 2016, 14:09   #9771
BHPian

This is probably off-topic in this conversation, Mods please take appropriate action.

I am peeved at some members insisting to use abbreviations for certain models of cars, like NHC, ANHC, SSM and so on. Wouldn't it be wise not to use these as there are many members not so enlightened as them - including undersigned.

If this is the norm, I am tempted to use FE (Ford Ecosport - my car), FLFE (Face Lifted Ford Ecosport), PFLFE (Pre Face Lift Ford Ecosport), ANFE (All New Ford Endeavour) and other such mindless abbreviations !

No offense to anybody, this wonderful forum is supposed to impart knowledge to fellow automobile enthusiasts, not confuse them, isn't it !?
KrisTvpm is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 17:34   #9772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'estlavie View Post
Apologies if this is a repeat question. I did look around but couldn't find a team bhp review of the AT. Specifically I was interested in the mileage, and red a few owner's accounts but wanted some more data points.
I get about 9 kmpl in City and about 13 kmpl on highway drives
royfernandez is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 19:08   #9773
Senior - BHPian

I did a 1200kms round trip last week. I got an overall fuel efficiency of 13.8kmpl on my Ecoboost (highway). Within city I get 9kmpl.

My odometer reading stands at 3k kms and no oil change has been done during 1st service which was at 900kms (it was more of a check up).

Will this increase post oil change.
Old 8th February 2016, 20:07   #9774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I did a 1200kms round trip last week. I got an overall fuel efficiency of 13.8kmpl on my Ecoboost (highway). Within city I get 9kmpl.

My odometer reading stands at 3k kms and no oil change has been done during 1st service which was at 900kms (it was more of a check up).

Will this increase post oil change.
My Ecoboost gives me 16+ kmpl on highways. Within city I get 14kmpl, but take this with a pinch of salt as 70% of my city drive is on the expressway.There is no difference due to oil change at the second service.

Last edited by amit.s : 8th February 2016 at 20:12.
Old 8th February 2016, 21:09   #9775
BHPian

Dear Members

I am looking to upgrade from my current car (Eon@32.5Kms) and have been researching for quite sometime but I am not able to arrive at any decision. I have narrowed down on Ecosport and Vento TSI.

My requirement is to have a safe reliable car which can be taken for occasional long drives and used for daily office commute. I want to have a hassle free experience but at the same time I value driving pleasure and respect quality products.

I have evaluated 30 features/criteria which I consider important for 2 Ecosport and 1 Vento models which I have shortlisted. I am pasting the excel sheet below.

Somehow I feel after the Vento upgrade and the new launches in the 'urban' suv segment Ford will do something to the Ecosport. But my guess could be as good as anyone on the street. I am willing to wait another 3 months but I am actually itching to get a new car. Have this urge that I can't control throughout the day. Apologies.

Request if you can help me make a purchase decision. We are just 2 who use the car.

Thanks & regards
DV
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-car-decision.png  

deevee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 12:41   #9776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
My Ecoboost gives me 16+ kmpl on highways. Within city I get 14kmpl, but take this with a pinch of salt as 70% of my city drive is on the expressway.There is no difference due to oil change at the second service.
I am planning to change the engine oil now at 3k kms. Hoping to see some change in the FE figures. You are getting a very nice FE of 16+ on highways.
Old 11th February 2016, 14:06   #9777
Distinguished - BHPian

After my long-time-lurk on this thread, it seems that the Ecosport is actually on my possible-buy list!

The reality is that my budget extends to something like an i10, but my wishes are currently Polo (again) or ecosport.

Whatever I buy this time around may well be my final car purchase, which means I am not interested in resale values, but I am interested in long-term integrity and reliability.

A particular question for those who have owned this car for several years, especially if they live near sea or polluted waterways, is whether or not they have had any problems with rust?
Old 11th February 2016, 14:20   #9778
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
A particular question for those who have owned this car for several years, especially if they live near sea or polluted waterways, is whether or not they have had any problems with rust?
Let me answer the question-Prior to me shifting my base to Pune me and my parents were based in Mumbai. We had a Zen carb,bought in 1998 brand new and used it till 2011 and later sold it off.Some of the conditions the car went through-
1-The car was religiously washed daily through out its 13 years.
2-It braved through the harsh rains and waded through floods.
3-Dad used to take it to office where it used to be parked in the open parking braving the harsh sun and heavy rains.
Regarding the rust issue,as you are aware that the old zen was prone to body rust very easily.Before selling off the car,we did have some minor rusting issues near the water drainage area below the wiper barring that the body didn't show any sign of rusting.Apart from that the car ran beautifully till we sold it off in 2010 with 1.50K on the odo.
But i do remember the car flaunted a sticker called "Dinitrol" which was some rust prevention treatment, which was done before the car was delivered.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 11th February 2016 at 14:22.
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 14:22   #9779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
Dear Members

I am looking to upgrade from my current car (Eon@32.5Kms) and have been researching for quite sometime but I am not able to arrive at any decision. I have narrowed down on Ecosport and Vento TSI.

Thanks & regards

DV

I find the fuel cost part a little messed up. Difference between vento tsi and the ecoboost cannot be 1.5x.
The major decision here would be high up vs. Low slung, and DSG AT vs MT.

I personally havent had any issues with any VAG brand ASS, but then it is subjective. We have an audi, which other than an engine mount failure in 60k kms, hasnt had other issues. My vento has been pretty good. The vento service will not cross 10k if you dont let them add unnecessary things, atleast for the first 40-45k kms/ 3 years. Get the extended warranty and dsg issues should be sorted.

Try taking longer test drives, and whichever gives you the biggest smile, is the car you pick. Trying to overly quantify will just complicate the decision. Also if diesel is required, the tdi/tdi dsg are also very good options albeit a little noisy
kkkkkaran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 14:26   #9780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevee View Post
Ecosport and Vento TSI.

My requirement is to have a safe reliable car which can be taken for occasional long drives and used for daily office commute. I want to have a hassle free experience but at the same time I value driving pleasure and respect quality products.
Both are really good cars, few points I could think of

First decide on Diesel and Petrol, this will rule out most of the confusions.

Ecosport
Will be cheaper to maintain compared to Vento
Is a crossover, so you get high seating position, so commanding presence
Should be easy for ingress and egress
Has light steering, but guess it inspires more confidence in highways
6 airbags = more safe

Vento
Premium feel inside the car
More comfortable for 5 pax
Overall build quality is very good
Has light steering, good for city but need to be more careful in highways

Iam personally searching for an upgrade from 2011 Figo, but I was too late to decide on it, so the only option I had All New Fiesta is history for me. So holding on to my Figo a little big longer.

Most Viewed