Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2016, 19:05   #9931
BHPian

Check the engine bay, you will find sticker etc as to where it has been manufactured.
I have a Ecosport Ecoboost, engine is Europe manufacturerd.... Austria or Hungary, don't exactly remember.
Old 7th April 2016, 19:21   #9932
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
My Ecosport TDCi is at the service center for the last 3 weeks due to this very same problem of excessive engine oil consumption(Done 39000kms.Problem started after service at 30000kms)Yet to get list of engine parts that need to be replaced, but things i heard are piston, engine block etc. Was informed some batch of the ecosport have this problem with poor quality engine components. Ford has approved warranty replacement and now awaiting shipment of engine parts from factory.So might need to wait another 2 weeks to get the car back. Wonder if the new engine will be as good as the factory fitment. Fingers crossed.
Got my Ecosport back today, after replacing major engine components(yet to get full list) like piston, piston ring etc. The car was at the service center for exactly 1 month. Engine sound,vibration and feel is similar to how it feels after every periodic service, though can feel that the engine needs to run-in and there is the initial roughness associated with a new engine . Have been asked to maintain a speed of 60 to 80Kmph for the next 1000kms.No complaints so far. Fingers crossed for the future of this engine.

The cost of replacement was fully covered under warranty(even though I am currently on third year extended warranty period, the issue was first reported by me during initial 2 year period.Hence believe wear & tear parts were also replaced free of cost). I did not have to pay anything from my side.
raj84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 12:23   #9933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post
Got my Ecosport back today, after replacing major engine components(yet to get full list) like piston, piston ring etc.
The cost of replacement was fully covered under warranty(even though I am currently on third year extended warranty period, the issue was first reported by me during initial 2 year period.Hence believe wear & tear parts were also replaced free of cost). I did not have to pay anything from my side.
Glad to know that everything is back to normal.
Can you list out the parts which were replaced whenever you get your hands on it.

Happy mile crunching
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2016, 12:49   #9934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Glad to know that everything is back to normal.
Can you list out the parts which were replaced whenever you get your hands on it.

Happy mile crunching
Sure, expecting to collect it during next service at 40000kms. Now at 39100kms. Dealer expects to get it within 20 days.
raj84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 10:25   #9935
Senior - BHPian

The first issue with my ecosport :

Last night was driving to Coimbatore from home (40km) and was into the city when the low oil light flashed for a second or two and went away. I drove for a 100m further in 10-20 kmph speed and pulled over to the left to inspect. As I parked, the oil light was lit again so I switched off the engine and got to see that the oil dipstick was totally empty.

Then I bend down and witness that oil was dripping from the sump guard! The drain nut and the crush washer was seen sitting on it. I couldn't fathom how this could have happened at all?

There was no visible damage to the sump. Thee drain nut has no damage too. The last oil service was done at 3 months back and I have covered 3000 km from then. But four days back I visited Ford for brake cleaning only so not sure whether they have touched the sump at all.

There was no oil loss before, or oil spotting at the place where car was parked till now. In fact I checked the oil afternoon and it was showing 85% dipstick.

Towed the vehicle to Ford Coimbatore and now waiting for technician to come. Bhpians please advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20160409wa0006.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20160409wa0005.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20160409wa0003.jpg  

Last edited by ramzsys : 9th April 2016 at 10:36.
ramzsys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 15:10   #9936
Senior - BHPian

An update:

I raised the issue to service manager even as they filled new oil and were taking test long drive. I didn't hear any abnormal sounds.

The service manager said they are going to do compression tests to ensure that there are no further issues and deliver the car by 5 PM.

Is that it ?
Old 10th April 2016, 10:23   #9937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
An update:

I raised the issue to service manager even as they filled new oil and were taking test long drive. I didn't hear any abnormal sounds.

The service manager said they are going to do compression tests to ensure that there are no further issues and deliver the car by 5 PM.

Is that it ?
what is the manufacturing date of your car ?

Thanks,
Ranjith
Old 10th April 2016, 10:42   #9938
Senior - BHPian

I have been aching to change my Ecosport's headlight setup to HID/Projectors for quite a while.
The costs generally involved were similar according to different quotes - 25000/- for the projector sets and another 9000/- for the bulbs, ballasts etc.
At Galaxy Accessories, Palarivattom I was shown something called a mini projector H4 setup which could be installed directly into the existing bulb socket and it just required the addition of the ballasts. Just a 10 minute job. The catch was, as Faisal of Galaxy said, it was something completely new since he had bought these in Malaysia recently and had not been tried out yet on any car. The very tempting bait was the cost that was dangled - 12000/- for the entire thing (I have since found that it would be even cheaper if sourced online and fixed).
I decided to take a chance and got them installed. He told me that the bulbs were 4300k so they were quite alright. I have used them for 2 short night drives in town and they appear brighter and better than my old Philips Xtreme 130 plus.
The downside was that on the first evening out, the right side beam went on the blink for a while. Then after a short stop when I started the car again, it started working. Took it immediately to Galaxy where both the mini projector and ballast were replaced as they didn't want to take chances. So far so good thereafter.
I am posting some pics.
Also link to my earlier headlight change pics.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3700517

Additionally I am putting a couple of online links for sourcing these -

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...308.4.2.09SqvZ

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/55W-H...531393662.html
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0537.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0539.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-new.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0544.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0551.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0552.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0556.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-imag0555.jpg  

wilful is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 14:28   #9939
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I have been aching to change my Ecosport's headlight setup to HID/Projectors for quite a while.
The costs generally involved were similar according to different quotes - 25000/- for the projector sets and another 9000/- for the bulbs, ballasts etc.
At Galaxy Accessories, Palarivattom I was shown something called a mini projector H4 setup which could be installed directly into the existing bulb socket and it just required the addition of the ballasts. Just a 10 minute job. The catch was, as Faisal of Galaxy said, it was something completely new since he had bought these in Malaysia recently and had not been tried out yet on any car. The very tempting bait was the cost that was dangled - 12000/- for the entire thing (I have since found that it would be even cheaper if sourced online and fixed).
I decided to take a chance and got them installed. He told me that the bulbs were 4300k so they were quite alright. I have used them for 2 short night drives in town and they appear brighter and better than my old Philips Xtreme 130 plus.
The downside was that on the first evening out, the right side beam went on the blink for a while. Then after a short stop when I started the car again, it started working. Took it immediately to Galaxy where both the mini projector and ballast were replaced as they didn't want to take chances. So far so good thereafter.
You could have got Mini H1 6.0 retrofit kit for 11k which includes projector, HID bulb, ballast, shroud, relay with replacement warranty from xenon planet. 12k for just HID bulb and ballast with that tiny so called projector is so overpriced. I am posting a link of mini h1 retrofit kit. It is a direct fit and no need to cut reflector. But it requires opening up of headlamps to install projectors.
Cheers!

http://www.xenonplanet.in/mini-h1-projector-kit-4300k

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th April 2016 at 14:48.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 15:04   #9940
BANNED

Quick query. I booked an ecosport automatic Mars red with my dealer about 2 weeks back. He currently has only white/silver in Stock and tells me he's in touch directly with Chennai on my booking but cannot confirm yet when the car will be available. He says the wait could be months. Is this possible?

I was curious to know. Once you book a car with a dealer and he doesn't have your model/color in stock... Then long does it take from the dealer to contact the Chennai ford plant and have one shipped to them ? In my case a ecosport automatic mars red.

Thanks

Last edited by rana_kirti : 10th April 2016 at 15:05.
Old 10th April 2016, 15:22   #9941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
You could have got Mini H1 6.0 retrofit kit for 11k which includes projector, HID bulb, ballast, shroud, relay with replacement warranty from xenon planet. 12k for just HID bulb and ballast with that tiny so called projector is so overpriced. I am posting a link of mini h1 retrofit kit. It is a direct fit and no need to cut reflector. But it requires opening up of headlamps to install projectors.
Cheers!

http://www.xenonplanet.in/mini-h1-projector-kit-4300k
True.
A bit of research could have saved me some money. Like I said, sourced from Alibaba or Aliexpress, they would have worked out much cheaper.
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 15:24   #9942
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
True.
A bit of research could have saved me some money. Like I said, sourced from Alibaba or Aliexpress, they would have worked out much cheaper.
I too did little research and ended up paying 22k for AES projector with DRL in my SX4 which would have costed only 12-14 K if I bought it online.
Old 11th April 2016, 06:32   #9943
Senior - BHPian

http://www.india.ford.com/about/medi...=1249210641382

"Ford EcoSport emerged as the highest ranked SUV in the J.D. Power India Initial Quality Study (IQS), for second year in a row"

An encouraging bit of news for Ecosport fans. Sales also seem to have gone up in March.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 07:26   #9944
BHPian

That's great news for an almost three year old car.
Sales gone up for new year purchase or because brezza didn't fare as per customer expectations?
Old 11th April 2016, 09:35   #9945
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
That's great news for an almost three year old car.
Sales gone up for new year purchase or because brezza didn't fare as per customer expectations?
Sales have gone up because they took a price cut when the Brezza was launched. It looks much better value now.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks