Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2016, 09:41   #9946
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
That's great news for an almost three year old car.
Sales gone up for new year purchase or because brezza didn't fare as per customer expectations?
It's too early to comment anything about increased dispatches of Ecosport last month. March sales are always higher. We will get a clear picture about impact of Brezza in coming 3 or 4 months.
Cheers!
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 09:42   #9947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
That's great news for an almost three year old car.
Sales gone up for new year purchase or because brezza didn't fare as per customer expectations?

Indeed, at the cost of resale value of our car😟. Brezza deliveries are awaited hence may not be a fair comparison
Rajiv0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 10:21   #9948
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
http://www.india.ford.com/about/medi...=1249210641382

"Ford EcoSport emerged as the highest ranked SUV in the J.D. Power India Initial Quality Study (IQS), for second year in a row"

An encouraging bit of news for Ecosport fans. Sales also seem to have gone up in March.
As per Auto Punditz Ford Sold 4453 copies of Ecosport in March 2016. They were selling 3000 odd copies until last month. In comparison Maruti pushed 5500 odd copies of Brezza and TUV300 which is the other competitor sold just 2500 . Looks like people were pushing the purchase of Ecosport,after the launch of Brezza ,some have realized that how good Ecosport is despite being in market for 3 years.
PrideRed is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 10:24   #9949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
. Looks like people were pushing the purchase of Ecosport,after the launch of Brezza ,some have realized that how good Ecosport is despite being in market for 3 years.
Also the huge waiting period for the Brezza would have helped Ecosport's cause along with the price revision.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2016, 12:34   #9950
BHPian

Whatever said Ecosport is a better made vehicle than Brezza. Had an opportunity to drive Brezza and am not at all impressed. Yes featurewise Brezza may score a little more but Ecosport is for keeps for sure. Just opening closing the door, the panel thickness, fit n finish Ecosport is definitely a better buy.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 22:31   #9951
BHPian

Hi guys, need some expert opinion for two issues that I'm facing with the Ecosport Ecoboost variant. Some three weeks back when I checked under the car, I noticed some oil stains on the gearbox housing and immediately sent it for inspection. The service adviser said it is probably due to the under torquing of the bolts for the housing and the bolts were re-torqued. After a day of driving, the issue still did not get resolved and I sent the car again for checking only to end up having the bolts tightened again. To my frustration the issue still did not get solved and along with it I also happened to find coolant fluid dripping onto the ground and thankfully the leak was not huge enough to reduce the coolant level too much as the level was still within the required limit when I found the issue. As you can see the from the picture below, the coolant dripping seems to start from somewhere near the water pump and drips near the timing belt.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_2031.jpg

Now, this issue seemed to be more serious than a trace of oil over one specific area on the gearbox housing. The car was sent to the service center and after days of inspection, I was told that the coolant leak is from the water pump O ring and that this ring has to be replaced to stop it. As for the gearbox leakage, they are now currently saying that ford has approved for the removal of gearbox housing to check for the leak and fix it.

The thing is, the car was purchased on January 2015 but it has run only 3700Kms approximately and I'm extremely concerned with respect to the repair works being done. How complex is it for carrying out the above mentioned repairs especially with the gearbox housing and will it have any impact over the longer run due to the work done? I'm worried whether ford service center technicians can make sure that the parts disassembled are fitted with factory level precision since the car has run only 3700Kms.
Old 13th April 2016, 00:42   #9952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
Hi guys, need some expert opinion for two issues that I'm facing with the Ecosport Ecoboost variant. Some three weeks back when I checked under the car, I noticed some oil stains on the gearbox housing and immediately sent it for inspection. The service adviser said it is probably due to the under torquing of the bolts for the housing and the bolts were re-torqued. After a day of driving, the issue still did not get resolved and I sent the car again for checking only to end up having the bolts tightened again. To my frustration the issue still did not get solved and along with it I also happened to find coolant fluid dripping onto the ground and thankfully the leak was not huge enough to reduce the coolant level too much as the level was still within the required limit when I found the issue. As you can see the from the picture below, the coolant dripping seems to start from somewhere near the water pump and drips near the timing belt.

Attachment 1496213

Now, this issue seemed to be more serious than a trace of oil over one specific area on the gearbox housing. The car was sent to the service center and after days of inspection, I was told that the coolant leak is from the water pump O ring and that this ring has to be replaced to stop it. As for the gearbox leakage, they are now currently saying that ford has approved for the removal of gearbox housing to check for the leak and fix it.

The thing is, the car was purchased on January 2015 but it has run only 3700Kms approximately and I'm extremely concerned with respect to the repair works being done. How complex is it for carrying out the above mentioned repairs especially with the gearbox housing and will it have any impact over the longer run due to the work done? I'm worried whether ford service center technicians can make sure that the parts disassembled are fitted with factory level precision since the car has run only 3700Kms.
The vehicle should be fine. The gearbox could be reassembled with a new sealant. However what concerns me is you are not the first one to face these oil leaks. I have had a similar one with the transmission and there have been plenty more reported here in this thread regarding engine oil also. I don't know how the Ecosport got JD power award for quality 2 years in a row.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2016, 02:24   #9953
BHPian

This may be a problem with a particular batch. I have a Ecoboost Titanium model from the very first lot. I have covered 25k km and torchwood no problem at all.
techfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2016, 12:37   #9954
BHPian

Looks like FORD is upping it's ante in the compact SUV segment with a bump in power for it's Ecosport Petrol. 140BHP Ecoboost engine for the Ecosport rumoured.

Source: http://motoroctane.com/reviews/24186...acelift-review
Vinodh_Gowda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2016, 12:59   #9955
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Hey ho. I'm still visiting this thread, but, despite everything I said, I've got a new car now, and it's... a VW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
extremely happy with the way Ford behaves for warranty replacements, no crying or cribbing over warranty claims like VW group.
Very true coolboy. I got my Figo refurbished after the Chennai floods. Their support is excellent. Need to post the entire story in the relevant thread.

@Thad - Wonderful. Salute to German Engg.. Is it GT -TSI.
Old 15th April 2016, 13:52   #9956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@Thad - Wonderful. Salute to German Engg.. Is it GT -TSI.
It is the TDI, and two years old, so the 1.6 diesel.
Old 15th April 2016, 19:40   #9957
BHPian

I am repeating an old query. My car AC gives a smell when switched on and it lasts for a minute or two. Can somebody tell me how to clean the AC filter. Thanks.
Old 16th April 2016, 07:22   #9958
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
I am repeating an old query. My car AC gives a smell when switched on and it lasts for a minute or two. Can somebody tell me how to clean the AC filter. Thanks.
I change my air conditioning filter every 20000 kms to retain the superb performance.
It works fantastically even in peak summers
My advise is to change rather than clean the filter and get it done with the Ford workshop.

Cost is around INR 700
Old 16th April 2016, 07:28   #9959
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
You can access the cabin air filter by opening up the glove box. High pressure air can be used to clean. Since it costs only 700 rs, you can change the filter if you are not satisfied with cleaning.

Last edited by Aditya : 18th April 2016 at 07:22. Reason: Typo
Old 17th April 2016, 10:56   #9960

I found white smoke coming out of exhaust. Is this a sign of worry. I have ecosport diesel top end. Runs in pathetic outer ring road Bangalore daily during peak hours. Average of car is ard 12 kmpl.

Most Viewed