Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2016, 14:06   #9991
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I don't think stuff like these would work. Seems like a money making gimmick. Tuners charge so much for tuning the ECU or for a Box and this costs just around 1k. Not sure what all parameters it would alter, if at all it does.
Remap via OBD2 and we just need to plug the device and drive for 20kms WOW that's some magic device !
Old 28th April 2016, 19:02   #9992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Remap via OBD2 and we just need to plug the device and drive for 20kms WOW that's some magic device !

I see no harm in trying out and if it doesn't work, can be returned

Slightly off track but I think worthwhile sharing with the group - I own a 1.5p which has done 55k on the odo in 2.5 years. I recently observed that the performance in shorter gears had started deteriorating, (there was judder while shifting gears, low pick up and slight knocking while pushing in the 2nd gear) I assumed it could be because of the increased air conditioner usage due to summers, however that hypothesis didn't hold true, it was sluggish even otherwise. While I follow the prescribed service intervals, I thought to get the car checked for essentials like air filter and plugs. Rightly so, they needed to be replaced.

However, there was only a minor improvement in the performance. I had almost accepted that this would translate into a major expense. Until this day where I ended up tanking from a HP petrol pump against my favourite Shell pump

There's a mark difference in the performance now. I am not indicating that the shell fuel quality is bad, it evidently didn't suit my car
Rajiv0909 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2016, 12:30   #9993
fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
I see no harm in trying out and if it doesn't work, can be returned

Slightly off track but I think worthwhile sharing with the group - I own a 1.5p which has done 55k on the odo in 2.5 years. I recently observed that the performance in shorter gears had started deteriorating, (there was judder while shifting gears, low pick up and slight knocking while pushing in the 2nd gear) I assumed it could be because of the increased air conditioner usage due to summers, however that hypothesis didn't hold true, it was sluggish even otherwise. While I follow the prescribed service intervals, I thought to get the car checked for essentials like air filter and plugs. Rightly so, they needed to be replaced.

However, there was only a minor improvement in the performance. I had almost accepted that this would translate into a major expense. Until this day where I ended up tanking from a HP petrol pump against my favourite Shell pump

There's a mark difference in the performance now. I am not indicating that the shell fuel quality is bad, it evidently didn't suit my car
Right now, I am cursing the fact that shell v power is so much better (smoother and torque -ier) than Power Petrol.
I have access to a Company account at a power pump...therefore free fuel.
I was in Pune recently, and shell v power rocks in my EcoBoost.

I have a carton of sonax octane boost which I have still not used.
I will do my tests and my dyno runs soon... Power and power plus sonax.
Good luck!
Old 1st May 2016, 12:01   #9994
Senior - BHPian

Hi all

Just got my Ecosport a while back. Great car. I find the headlights inadequate though. I was thinking of swapping the OE bulbs with 90/100 W. Has anyone done this swap without adding a relay ? I did the swap on my Octavia back in 2005. Never had any issues - inputs welcome

Cheers
Old 1st May 2016, 13:12   #9995
BHPian

You may thinking of trying the Philips Extremevision 130% bulbs. I am using them on my EcoSport and quite ok. Another option is changing to H4 LED Bulbs from Cyclops or Morimoto, 5500k light, 3000 lumens each ... Just make day of night.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 18:28   #9996
BHPian

Hi fellow ecosportians, how much mileage we can expect in city driving conditions?
Old 1st May 2016, 20:02   #9997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareesh3395 View Post
Hi fellow ecosportians, how much mileage we can expect in city driving conditions?
In the diesel model you can expect around 15-16 kmpl during sedate city driving conditions
Old 2nd May 2016, 11:49   #9998
VMG
BHPian

Hello Ecosport owners

Planning to buy a Petrol AT version and will keep for another 8 -10 years. I Will be using mostly on highways with about 7000-8000km per year. Mostly 2-3 passengers. Always self driving.
1. How comfortable for long drive for both driver and passengers
2. Do we feel tired after long drive say about 300-350km
3. Stability on highways?
4. Maintenance cost
5. Reliability
4. FE on both highways and city
6. Is it worth buying or go for BRV - CVT

THanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 12:37   #9999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Hello Ecosport owners

Planning to buy a Petrol AT version and will keep for another 8 -10 years. I Will be using mostly on highways with about 7000-8000km per year. Mostly 2-3 passengers. Always self driving.
4. Maintenance cost
5. Reliability

THanks
I have had the ES 1.5 AT since August 2013 - first AT in Chennai & here is my feedback
1) Very very comfortable on long drives for both Driver & Passenger. In fact a lot of the passengers rate the ES much more comfortable than the Skoda Superb on the highways.
2) I have driven almost non stop from Chennai to Bangalore about 325 kms and do not find any fatigue.
3) Amazing stability on the highway it feels very planted. The Electronic Stability Control (ESC) works like a charm especially on highways. I switched it off and noticed the difference
4) I have the Ford Gold My Plan for Rs. 10K and all the consumables are covered. Further under the extended warranty the steering volume control was replaced as well as the defective wheel nuts.
5) Amazing Reliability Have not faced any issues as yet but very confident that the car is built to last.
6) The FE indicator is pretty accurate but I measure the FE on a tank full method and have obtained fabulous FE of 15.2 kmpl on highways (using a full tank of Shell) & about 9 to 9.5 kmpl in city.
7) Dont intend to run the Honda BRV down but the build quality and the handling is far far superior no contest at all - Close your eyes & go for the Ford 1.5P AT and you wont regret it at all.
royfernandez is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 13:36   #10000
BHPian

That is very valuable feedback- Thank you for it .

I just have one question.. if you have noticed, how much is the mileage in really bumper to bumper traffic?
Old 2nd May 2016, 13:55   #10001
VMG
BHPian

Thanks Royfernandez for your quick reply.

Pl let me know how much KM you have so far?
Old 2nd May 2016, 23:39   #10002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Hi all

Just got my Ecosport a while back. Great car. I find the headlights inadequate though. I was thinking of swapping the OE bulbs with 90/100 W. Has anyone done this swap without adding a relay ? I did the swap on my Octavia back in 2005. Never had any issues - inputs welcome

Cheers
I have been using the Philips Xtreme Vision 130%, and the output difference is quiete noticeable, although not groundbreaking. You can get the HID projectors for the best output, however, I am not very sure if that or the 90/100W upgrade in halogen will affect the warranty or not. Better start with the Xtremevision upgrade, and see for yourself if that suffices, if not, consider making a good investment with the projector + DRL + HID setup.

Quote:
Very subjective, In cities with well managed traffic (Like Chandigarh) I get around 16, while in Choc-bloc roads of NCR I get 10-12. Both readings with AC on, at 22 degrees C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post

I just have one question.. if you have noticed, how much is the mileage in really bumper to bumper traffic?
For bumper to bumper, it has gone down to as much as 10.5. For peak traffic, on Delhi - Gurgaon route, I get around 12.

Thanks and Regards,
BB
BB311 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 03:57   #10003

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Hello Ecosport owners

4. Maintenance cost
5. Reliability

THanks
I am a proud owner of Ecosport AT for last 4 months. I have done two highway trips already. The first was a trip to Gujarat (total 2400kms); the other was a trip to Tirthan Valley (total 1100kms). Based on this, I can say I m immensely satisfied.

While returning from Gujarat, I found it easy to drive 750+ kms in a day. Family is also happy to travel in Ecosport.

The car feels planted; the steering weighs down nicely as the speed increases. There is near-zero body roll. The suspension is firm enough and this seems to improve the overall ride quality. I felt confident driving on gently-winding mostly-level highways of Rajasthan and Gujarat, as well as the twists and turns of himalyan roads.

The thick A pillar does take a bit of getting used to, but it's definitely not a big problem.

The general opinion of our fellow BHPians is quite positive for Ecosport in terms of build quality and cost of ownership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post

I got 13+ FE for the first trip, and 12 for the second one. In the city, I get 9.5+ FE.
vaeroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 16:46   #10004

Hi all,
I am planning to go for Diesel Titanium version, but a bit inclined towards Vitara brezza ZDi+ as well. I am definitely more interested in the Eco sport.

Can you kindly help me with the following points :
1. How is the long term performance of the engine as I travel extensively.
2. How are the maintenance costs compared to the Maruti.
Old 5th May 2016, 17:10   #10005
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Hareesh . My ES 1.5 petrol gives around 12.6 , 80% Bumper to bumper traffic and AC on round the clock.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks