Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2016, 17:47   #10036
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Of the hundreds of pages I have gone through, I couldn't find a single 1.5 MT petrol review or anything related. It's only TDCi everywhere. Anyway, I plan to buy the 1.5 MT petrol ecosport as the diesel does not fit my needs.
Same issue I faced while buying my 1.5 petrol, I have written a review/ownership experience for ecosport but being a first time publisher in teambhp i have not been able to get it upto the forums standards so its not been accepted.

With regards to the engine and reliability I have not heard/read any issues. Also car seems to build to last, only disadvantage with petrol is that its a bit sluggish at lower RPM's but its something you learn to manage. Petrol gives great performance on the highway too.
nitheeshsreeram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 18:40   #10037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitheeshsreeram View Post
Same issue I faced while buying my 1.5 petrol, I have written a review/ownership experience for ecosport but being a first time publisher in teambhp i have not been able to get it upto the forums standards so its not been accepted.

With regards to the engine and reliability I have not heard/read any issues. Also car seems to build to last, only disadvantage with petrol is that its a bit sluggish at lower RPM's but its something you learn to manage. Petrol gives great performance on the highway too.
That's great to hear, how old is your car? How's the general service you've faced at Ford in particular to the petrol motor? In City mileage? I'd love it if you could answer these questions.
Old 10th May 2016, 18:50   #10038
BHPian

Quote:
That's great to hear, how old is your car? How's the general service you've faced at Ford in particular to the petrol motor? In City mileage? I'd love it if you could answer these questions.
Car is 7500km old. Service has been good in the surat service center. Also noticed that cost of service, consumables is on the lower side. City mileage will be 12 to 13.
Old 10th May 2016, 19:06   #10039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
Will be happy to answer any specific questions you may have
That's really fantastic to hear, your reply really made me lean towards the petrol motor even more. I have just a few questions. Please bear with me.

1)Does the acceleration get affected with air conditioning on? When I drove the diesel variant, I didn't find any major difference in acceleration but my getz which is petrol suffers majorly from this issue.
2)Now that you've done 50k km, has the engine become lethargic in any way or is it as comparable to the day you bought it?
3)Daily usage will be around 35~40 kilometres in mostly city traffic. Will it fare well regarding this aspect?
4)You mentioned you changed spark plugs? Can you elaborate on this please?
5)Have you had any experience dealing with non Ford mechanics for your engine/car?
Old 11th May 2016, 00:03   #10040
BHPian

Quote:
That's really fantastic to hear, your reply really made me lean towards the petrol motor even more. I have just a few questions. Please bear with me.

1)Does the acceleration get affected with air conditioning on? When I drove the diesel variant, I didn't find any major difference in acceleration but my getz which is petrol suffers majorly from this issue.
It doesn't get affected due to air conditioning however it does significantly with shell petrol. Details in #4

Quote:
2)Now that you've done 50k km, has the engine become lethargic in any way or is it as comparable to the day you bought it?
Though I don't have a point of reference to compare, it doesn't feel slow. It still is a pleasure to drive

Quote:
3)Daily usage will be around 35~40 kilometres in mostly city traffic. Will it fare well regarding this aspect?
I travel close to 60 Kms/ day on weekdays with atleast 8 Kms in stop n go kind of traffic and the engine responds well. If I have to nitpick, I would say on days where the traffic is really bad, I hope for a lighter (or no) clutch but I don't think that expectation would be specific to this variant

Did I tell you that my other ride is a 3rd gen honda city? I still prefer driving ecosport despite city's better dynamics and comfort for this scenario/application

Quote:
4)You mentioned you changed spark plugs? Can you elaborate on this please?
I had shared this experience in this forum a few weeks ago, recently the car started feeling sluggish and in an attempt to find the root cause, I changed the plugs/ filter to eliminate the usual suspects. It so turned out that the fuel from Shell was a problem. I am still researching on this finding and will hopefully start a thread and quantify my observations

Quote:
5)Have you had any experience dealing with non Ford mechanics for your engine/car?

Not yet, am quite satisfied with the ford service and the attention I have from the service technicians

I had booked this car in the first week of launch with no TD, it may not be the most sensible thing to do but the gamble paid off. Ford would have sold over 100k ecosports in India and perhaps a bigger number overseas, even if 10% of these cars have the 1.5 NA heart you still have 20k reference points to safely take the decision
Rajiv0909 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 16:50   #10041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...red-india.html

Congratulations Kumar gautam
Wishing you years of happy ownership.

Useful and must have accessories are different for each person.
Top of my post is the link to my ownership thread which has all the accessories I bought as per my requirement.
It will be easy for you to pick what suits you.
Thats one long list of accessories! Very exhaustive and informative.
Old 11th May 2016, 16:54   #10042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitheeshsreeram View Post
Congrats gautam. I would suggest reverse camera as the dimensions of the car makes reversing a challenge. But haven't seen the company provided one in action, so check it out. Also leather seats can add to the aesthetics of the interior.
During my TD, I didn't find reversing a major issue, with the provided reverse sensors. Will see how manageable it will be with daily use.

Also, the quote for Ford leather seats was a bit high. I'm assuming it'll be cheaper outside, plus more customization options.
Old 11th May 2016, 17:09   #10043
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gautam View Post
During my TD, I didn't find reversing a major issue, with the provided reverse sensors. Will see how manageable it will be with daily use.

Also, the quote for Ford leather seats was a bit high. I'm assuming it'll be cheaper outside, plus more customization options.
The sensors are good enough, in fact they have been configured with the spare tyre in mind and start beeping with good enough space left.

The Titanium+ seat covers were quoted at 9k at Ford. Similar prices were quoted outside as well. I haven't changed yet. Looking to do that post monsoon.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 17:12   #10044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
The sensors are good enough, in fact they have been configured with the spare tyre in mind and start beeping with good enough space left.

The Titanium+ seat covers were quoted at 9k at Ford. Similar prices were quoted outside as well. I haven't changed yet. Looking to do that post monsoon.

Cheers,
Raj
I was quoted 15k here in Gurgaon.

Also, how's the performance of stock MRF tyres?
Old 11th May 2016, 18:45   #10045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I am on Goodyear and i do observe some road noise depending on the kind of tarmac. I believe MRF would generate more noise. Owners with MRF can pitch in.

Regards,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 19:08   #10046
BHPian

Quote:

They are very hard and noisy. Advantage is less punctures. I have had zero punctures even after 60k.
But they offer very bad grip and I have struggled with wheel spin in few places.
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 19:48   #10047
BHPian

Quote:

Second gear wheelspin in my ecoboost. I'd say you swap them right away after delivery.
Doge is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2016, 19:52   #10048
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here got their Ecosport with an android system like below or something similar. I see a lot of sellers in Aliexpress. While the device looks uber cool, reliability and after sales support is a concern to me. I think manufacturers should think about providing touch screen units like this than the current one's.

http://growlaudio.com/ecosport
Old 11th May 2016, 20:09   #10049
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Second gear wheelspin in my ecoboost. I'd say you swap them right away after delivery.
What would you recommend? Is a wider profile required? Or just a softer compound upgrade would be good?
Old 11th May 2016, 20:27   #10050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Anyone here got their Ecosport with an android system like below or something similar. I see a lot of sellers in Aliexpress. While the device looks uber cool, reliability and after sales support is a concern to me. I think manufacturers should think about providing touch screen units like this than the current one's.

http://growlaudio.com/ecosport
The biggest issue I always think of is that the screen won't be at an arms length like any other car. It would definitely be a stretch and of course, the other concerns that you have already mentioned. Wish we could get some options from Ford.

Regards,
Raj

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks