Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th May 2016, 09:05   #10051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gautam View Post
During my TD, I didn't find reversing a major issue

Also, the quote for Ford leather seats was a bit high.
It could be just something I faced. The sensors as others have mentioned give good feedback.

Regarding leather seats I think the cost would be similar. I liked the quality and fit of the Ford provided seat covers. Wish you all the best with the new car.
nitheeshsreeram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 13:49   #10052
VMG
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Is it possible to install cruise control feature in ecosport AT model?
Old 13th May 2016, 03:08   #10053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
I checked with the Ford dealer, he said cruise control cannot be officially reterofitted.
Then I asked him if it can be done unofficially .

He smiled and said that we have to procure the part from the euro version of the Ecosport and give it a try.
Old 13th May 2016, 12:19   #10054
BHPian

Quote:
It should be possible, as someone on a *cough* competing automobile forum found the following hidden features in the ECU of the Indian variants of Ecosport/Fiesta:
Ecosport :
1. Cruise control
2. TPMS (only for several ESP equipped vehicle, also depends on the ESP part number installed).
3. Alarm
4. Interior sensors (need to add interior sensor and wiring too)
5. Folding mirror (need to steal from fiesta folding mirror motor and connect it to bcm)
6. Puddle lamp.

Fiesta :
1. Autolock
2. Trip computer also eco mode
3. Shift indicator
4. Alarm
5. Interior sensors
Now, all you need is this part:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-EcoSpor...-/272224613881

and someone who knows how to install it.

Youtube video showing cruise control activated on his Ecosport:

Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-firefox_screenshot_20160513t064400.598z.png  

Last edited by noopster : 13th May 2016 at 14:08. Reason: Posts merged as requested
hemant.kamat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 13th May 2016, 14:17   #10055
Senior - BHPian

I would definitely be interested in the foll:

Ecosport :
2. TPMS (only for several ESP equipped vehicle, also depends on the ESP part number installed).
3. Alarm
4. Interior sensors (need to add interior sensor and wiring too) (what interior sensors are these, any idea?)
5. Folding mirror (need to steal from fiesta folding mirror motor and connect it to bcm)
6. Puddle lamp.

So whos taking the first step in trying these out

Cheers,
Raj
Old 13th May 2016, 14:49   #10056
BHPian

Apparently Ford has introduced a "Black edition" of Ecosport in all the engine guises available currently. More details below:

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/auto/st.../1/666370.html
Old 13th May 2016, 16:02   #10057
BHPian

Hi friends,

I finally booked a Ecosport in the last week of April, in Hyderabad with a dealer who had the most positive reviews. I was promised delivery within 3 weeks of paying the booking amount and as of today I must say I'm a bit disappointed with the sales manager's lack of committment to the earlier committed delivery date. In fact I found it very amusing that I had to call up and follow-up a couple of times and was promised a call back and on both occasions he never bothered to call back. I felt like I was buying vegetables rather than a 10lakh car.

Initially I was told that ford had not confirmed the billing yet and later was told that they are waiting for a minimum number of orders to ship the car. Since beginning he was also a bit apprehensive about me booking a mars red and constantly kept asking for an alternate color but I only wanted mars red. I'm really pissed off with this lackdaisical attitude of the manager, especially when they are facing stiff competition from new launches.

Can I reach out to ford customer service regarding this lack of professional behavior from the dealer and try and expedite this process? Other dealers are saying that they have the car ready but since I've already paid the booking amount here I'm not keen on going to another dealer at this point of time. Kindly suggest what I can do here.

Thanks.
Old 13th May 2016, 16:06   #10058
BANNED

Booked a ecosport automatic. Delivery in a weeks time.

Can anyone please share what's are the current deals and freebies being given by Ford dealers?

Any bargains being given out bargains due to increased competition from brezza etc.

Last edited by rana_kirti : 13th May 2016 at 16:09.
Old 13th May 2016, 16:32   #10059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
It should be possible, as someone on a *cough* competing automobile forum found the following hidden features in the ECU of the Indian variants of Ecosport/Fiesta:[indent]Ecosport :
1. Cruise control
3. Alarm
4. Interior sensors (need to add interior sensor and wiring too)
6. Puddle lamp.

I am might be wrong here, but isn't the cruise control only for AT Vehicles ? Please ignore this if its a too "Newbie" question.

ON a side note, I have ordered a Rogerab suspension modulator, A cupholder based centre arm rest with storage area and Blue LED strips for ambient lighning (already installed as well). Has anyone else installed the rogerabs ? How much will the body roll be affected ?
Old 13th May 2016, 17:02   #10060
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I am might be wrong here, but isn't the cruise control only for AT Vehicles ?
Yes. OP's query was in regard to AT variant. Also, the youtube video shows an AT console; look closely for the P (Parking mode) displayed in the LCD screen.

Quote:
Old 13th May 2016, 19:51   #10061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
Hi friends,

I finally booked a Ecosport in the last week of April, in Hyderabad with a dealer who had the most positive reviews. I was promised delivery within 3 weeks of paying the booking amount and as of today I must say I'm a bit disappointed with the sales manager's lack of committment to the earlier committed delivery date. In fact I found it very amusing that I had to call up and follow-up a couple of times and was promised a call back and on both occasions he never bothered to call back. I felt like I was buying vegetables rather than a 10lakh car.

Initially I was told that ford had not confirmed the billing yet and later was told that they are waiting for a minimum number of orders to ship the car. Since beginning he was also a bit apprehensive about me booking a mars red and constantly kept asking for an alternate color but I only wanted mars red. I'm really pissed off with this lackdaisical attitude of the manager, especially when they are facing stiff competition from new launches.

Can I reach out to ford customer service regarding this lack of professional behavior from the dealer and try and expedite this process? Other dealers are saying that they have the car ready but since I've already paid the booking amount here I'm not keen on going to another dealer at this point of time. Kindly suggest what I can do here.

Thanks.
If you go through the entire Ecosport thread, you will find out that you are not alone. Most dealers act this way and most Ecosport buyers have gone through this. You can send mails and talk to your SA every few days just to keep up the pressure, but dont pin your hopes. Chant the mantra of patience. and you will be rewarded one day.
If other dealers are claiming to have Mars Red readily available, I will take it with a pinch of salt. Mars Red and Kinetic Blue have longer wait periods.
amit.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 09:39   #10062
BHPian

There is a spate of car thefts/snatching in my area and I am thinking of installing a GPS tracker in my Ecosports, although I already have a gear lock. How easy / difficult is it to steal a car which comes with immobilizers? At the time of sales, my SA was proudly claiming that he was not aware of a single incidence of an Ecosport being stolen. It can be snatched , because then the thief will take your keys but it can not be stolen because the coded key is needed.
Has anyone installed a GPS tracker in their Ecosport? Also need to know about GPS trackers with Remote immobilizers. What are their pros and cons? Was checking out some security systems such as Autocop Trackpro and Intelli7. But need to know what all points to consider before taking a decision. Thanks!!
Old 17th May 2016, 14:49   #10063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I am really interested in retero fitting cruise control and auto folding mirrors.
Please keep me posted.

Thanks in advance
Already on the job from past week , there is a dependency on VCM-IDS to get this activated , I am unable to get it tested straightaway .

Thanks,
Ranjith
ranjithrnair is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 17:19   #10064
BHPian

I just heard from the ford dealer where I booked my car that production has been stopped for ecoboost models for now and they will be delivered only by mid of July once production starts in early July. Can someone confirm if they heard the same thing?

Thanks,
Saleem.
Old 17th May 2016, 18:16   #10065

Hi Friends ,

i booked an Ecosport Diesel Trend and will be getting delivery in few days .

Wanted to check on Roof Rail as a ford accessory . I have read that they drill holes to fix the same whereas Harpreet Ford is claiming that it comes with necessary strips and all which are removed to fix the roof rail

Has anyone bought the roof rails as a ford accessory and need advice .... so there is no drilling or other things done on my new card by the dealer
Babs2er is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks