Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2016, 19:05   #10066
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Not until recently that I realized my rear RHS wheel has worn out more than other tyres especially on the outer side.
A quick update on a few things in association to the wheels here. I shall add pictures to the same soon.

Rear Wheel Alignment
After a short visit to Kairali Ford about 3 weeks back, the SA tried to handle the issue by removing the entire rear wheel assembly to check the alignment of various nuts, bolts, bushes, and all associated stuff there for any misalignment. After loosening all these bits and inspecting them while the car was on the lift, they then lowered the car to place it on the floor for proper alignment, and then tightened them all.

He told me that this is the max check possible as my Rear RHS has extra wear on the outer and Rear LHS has extra wear on the inner.

After the exercise, I pulled the PSI to 32 and drove for some 1K km and about a few days back, I got the wheel alignment, wheel balancing etc done, along with flipping the Rear RHS to move the outer wear inside. Everything looks fine as of now. I do feel a lot comfortable on the ride, may be with some misalignment, but may still have to wait for some time to find whether the fix for the rear tyres are right or not.

Wheel Nuts

During the same process I realised one more issue with the Wheels, wheel nuts to be precise. Last time at the Ford Service, I had actually replaced on of the wheel nuts that lost its cover for around 500 Rs. Now during my wheel alignment, which I did at Global Tyres in Aluva (Cochin) I could see that the personnel where struggling to remove and replace most of the nuts, and told me that the outer cover is the suspect. They had to remove 2 - 3 nuts by breaking the nut cover, which was clearly a cosmetic addition. There are still more in the car with almost worn out edges which makes it difficult to remove using the machines.

My car is almost near 38-39K and I can see that most of the nuts excluding the recently replaced are in a totally bad shape. The wheel alignment guys told me that, they can remove all the nut covers and it will still stay there without it, as the cover is more of a cosmetic addition. If I remove the cover of all the nuts, I may just have to buy a spanner to fit the new nut (At about 600 Rs) than replacing all of them with Rs 500 each.

Vulcanized Tyre

I also have a vulcanized spare wheel which is around 20K old, with good threads except for the side wall which has a vulcanized edge. Around 8-10 inches in length.

Can I use them as my mainstay tyre, or is it gonna be my spare wheel for ever. How solid are these vulcanizings generally on tyres.

Which would be the best way to use them?

Any thoughts here on the issues.
Old 17th May 2016, 19:28   #10067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs2er View Post
Hi Friends ,

i booked an Ecosport Diesel Trend and will be getting delivery in few days .

Wanted to check on Roof Rail as a ford accessory . I have read that they drill holes to fix the same whereas Harpreet Ford is claiming that it comes with necessary strips and all which are removed to fix the roof rail

Has anyone bought the roof rails as a ford accessory and need advice .... so there is no drilling or other things done on my new card by the dealer
I saw the roof rails being fitted on one of the variants.
All necessary provisions are already present.
No need of drilling.

It takes few minutes to complete the job

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
A quick update on a few things in association to the wheels here. I shall add pictures to the same soon.
He told me that this is the max check possible as my Rear RHS has extra wear on the outer and Rear LHS has extra wear on the inner.

After the exercise, I pulled the PSI to 32 and drove for some 1K km and about a few days back, I got the wheel alignment, wheel balancing etc done, along with flipping the Rear RHS to move the outer wear inside. Everything looks fine as of now. I do feel a lot comfortable on the ride, may be with some misalignment, but may still have to wait for some time to find whether the fix for the rear tyres are right or not.

Wheel Nuts

During the same process I realised one more issue with the Wheels, wheel nuts to be precise. Last time at the Ford Service, I had actually replaced on of the wheel nuts that lost its cover for around 500 Rs. Now during my wheel alignment, which I did at Global Tyres in Aluva (Cochin) I could see that the personnel where struggling to remove and replace most of the nuts
My car is almost near 38-39K and I can see that most of the nuts excluding the recently replaced are in a totally bad shape. The wheel alignment guys told me that, they can remove all the nut covers and it will still stay there without it, as the cover is more of a cosmetic addition. If I remove the cover of all the nuts, I may just have to buy a spanner to fit the new nut (At about 600 Rs) than replacing all of them with Rs 500 each.

Vulcanized Tyre

Can I use them as my mainstay tyre, or is it gonna be my spare wheel for ever. How solid are these vulcanizings generally on tyres.

Which would be the best way to use them?

Any thoughts here on the issues.

1)Do you mean rear wheel alignment is possible?

2) Wheel nuts for the Ecosport or any car provided with a cap should never be opened with pneumatic tools, it is a design flaw.
Open using the spanner provided

3) Vulcanized tyre has a weak point under high pressure and can burst anytime under undue pressure. , so it is never recommended
Old 17th May 2016, 19:34   #10068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends ,

Wanted to check on Roof Rail as a ford accessory . I have read that they drill holes to fix the same whereas Harpreet Ford is claiming that it comes with necessary strips and all which are removed to fix the roof rail

Has anyone bought the roof rails as a ford accessory and need advice .... so there is no drilling or other things done on my new card by the dealer

I got my Trend+ from Harpreet Ford. The roof-rails came factory fitted. Maybe there is a difference in Trend vs Trend+

Having said that - I have never heard of the roof rail as an accessory. Also if they were to drill any holes (which I very much doubt) how would the roof lining not be damaged ? I think what they are telling you is true.

Cheers
Old 18th May 2016, 00:37   #10069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
There is a spate of car thefts/snatching in my area and I am thinking of installing a GPS tracker in my Ecosports, although I already have a gear lock. How easy / difficult is it to steal a car which comes with immobilizers? At the time of sales, my SA was proudly claiming that he was not aware of a single incidence of an Ecosport being stolen. It can be snatched , because then the thief will take your keys but it can not be stolen because the coded key is needed.
Has anyone installed a GPS tracker in their Ecosport? Also need to know about GPS trackers with Remote immobilizers. What are their pros and cons? Was checking out some security systems such as Autocop Trackpro and Intelli7. But need to know what all points to consider before taking a decision. Thanks!!
I have Autocop Trackpro in my EcoSport right from day one and honestly it is such a peace of mind wherever you are. Installation is done by authorized personnel from AutoCop but wiring of ES is very different, and may involve cutting/slicing of wire. I got mine installed from dealer so had no warranty issues.

With regards to the features I am totally satisfied. It has live tracking on autocop website and on iOS/Android app over Google maps, towing alert, geo-fencing, speed, health, headlight, bold stops and many such alerts via SMS. Besides 30 days report to check route history, how many hours engine was running, aircon, bold stops, and other stuff. I can even call my car number and can speak to the driver and can activate immobilizer via SMS. Features depend on the model you have. Basically they designed it keeping in mind anyone who needs to manage a fleet. Its best to get one with device battery backup and features vary with model you buy.

Customer service is great from Autocop. They visit within 24 hours if ever needed.

Quote:
Hi Friends ,

Yes, someone I know bought base model back in 2014 and he got the rail roof installed from dealer as an accessory. They don't actually dig holes literally. As far I reckon, the bolts are screwed to the body and as someone said in thread above, there is proper provision for this. Dealer knows well how to do it. Standard rail roof comes in matt black finish. Paint will cost 3K extra. I think you should go for it.

Last edited by aah78 : 18th May 2016 at 23:26. Reason: Posts merged.
cowboy45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 10:46   #10070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy45 View Post
I have Autocop Trackpro in my EcoSport right from day one and honestly it is such a peace of mind wherever you are. Installation is done by authorized personnel from AutoCop but wiring of ES is very different, and may involve cutting/slicing of wire. I got mine installed from dealer so had no warranty issues.
Thanks cowboy, can you let me know the name of your dealer. If this involves wire slicing, I would prefer to get it done through dealer to protect my warranty.
Old 18th May 2016, 12:35   #10071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
1)Do you mean rear wheel alignment is possible?
No, I may not call it rear wheel alignment. The SA told me that there is no way that the Rear Wheel may go misaligned. But with my car, the only probable reason could be something with the faults of, any bolts, bushes or rubber fittings in the rear wheel assembly which may have misaligned due to wear/tear. If at all there is anything of that sort, this was the only way of aligning it according to him.

Quote:
2) Wheel nuts for the Ecosport or any car provided with a cap should never be opened with pneumatic tools, it is a design flaw.
Open using the spanner provided
Oh so you mean to say, the damage is because of the wear and tear caused by those pneumatic tools.

But given that all the nuts are now damaged, wouldnt it be wise to remove the cap and use a smaller spanner. As these pneumatic tools may not damage the capless-wheelnut ?

Quote:
3) Vulcanized tyre has a weak point under high pressure and can burst anytime under undue pressure. , so it is never recommended
Oh. I suspected this. Let it be my spare-wheel for ever
Old 18th May 2016, 14:16   #10072

thanks to cowboy45 , Ricky_63 & ecosport rules for your feedback
i will talk to the technicians again at Harpreet Ford and go ahead with the roof rail
Apprecite the feedback
Old 19th May 2016, 13:10   #10073
BHPian

I want to install a metal (not ABS plastic) underbody engine guard. There's one on AliExpress, but the shipping charges to India are too high:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-qualty-titanium-Alloy-skid-plate-motor-bottom-panel-splash-guard-engine-protecting-plate-for-Ford/1853154767.html

Does anyone know of a local shop or website that sells this in India?
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 12:31   #10074
BHPian

Cheaper alternative here, also from AliExpress;

USD 112.50 http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Edge-...478659090.html

USD 115 http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Thick...484749333.html

Both prices inclusive of shipping. Now, should I trust AliExpress with my money? (Approx. Rs. 7800/-)
Old 20th May 2016, 19:15   #10075
Senior - BHPian

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/52361931.cms
Old 20th May 2016, 19:20   #10076
BHPian

Hey just read in the news that all Diesel Ecosports manufactured between April 2013 till June 2014 are being recalled due to faulty break/fuel line. Has anyone got any calls from the dealers on this?
Old 20th May 2016, 19:23   #10077
Senior - BHPian

Automaker Ford India is recalling 48,700 units of its compact sports utility vehicle EcoSport to rectify faulty fuel and brake lines as well as rear seat backrest. "Ford India is issuing two voluntary safety recalls to correct potential concerns with certain Ford EcoSport vehicles," Ford India said in a statement. The first recall covers around 48,000 EcoSport diesel vehicles, made between April 2013 and June 2014, to install a new bundle clip on the fuel and brake lines, it said. The clip is being installed to hold the fuel and brake lines together for enhanced safety. The company said it is also writing to customers of around 700 EcoSport vehicles, made between January 2016 and February 2016, and fitted with a 60/40 rear folding seat. "On certain vehicles, the 40 per cent rear seat backrest might have been assembled with bolts that do not meet Ford's material specification, potentially causing the bolts to break," it added.

http://dhunt.in/1bzCy

via Dailyhunt

Confirmed news from Mody Ford
Old 21st May 2016, 05:35   #10078
BHPian

Quote:
Automaker Ford India is recalling 48,700 units of its compact sports utility vehicle EcoSport to rectify faulty fuel and brake lines as well as rear seat backrest. "Ford India is issuing two voluntary safety recalls to correct potential concerns with certain Ford EcoSport vehicles," Ford India said in a statement. The first recall covers around 48,000 EcoSport diesel vehicles, made between April 2013 and June 2014, to install a new bundle clip on the fuel and brake lines, it said. The clip is being installed to hold the fuel and brake lines together for enhanced safety. The company said it is also writing to customers of around 700 EcoSport vehicles, made between January 2016 and February 2016, and fitted with a 60/40 rear folding seat. "On certain vehicles, the 40 per cent rear seat backrest might have been assembled with bolts that do not meet Ford's material specification, potentially causing the bolts to break," it added.

http://dhunt.in/1bzCy

via Dailyhunt

Confirmed news from Mody Ford
I have got the official recall mail from Ford India.

From the mail -

*What is the concern?We have identified a potential concern with proper installation of bundle clips on fuel and brake lines of your vehicle.*

What will Ford and your Dealer do?Ford India has authorized your Dealer to install a new bundle clip on the fuel and brake tube, and attach it to the vehicle body. This service will be performed free of charge (parts and labour).
bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 18:02   #10079
BHPian

I recently did my 3rd year service of my Ecosport AT at ~26K kms, and the following was mentioned in my final bill.

Warranty
1 FSA14M01AA
Clutch shudder less than 250 rpm NO visible transmission oil leak at Deal Clutch Assembly

2 FSA14M01AA
Clutch shudder is 250-550 rpm with visible transmission oil leak at Deal Clutch Assembly

I failed to notice this while taking delivery so did not get a chance to talk to the SA.

Anybody have an idea what these means? I remember reading a thread somewhere about problems with the DCT box. Is this related to that?
Old 23rd May 2016, 18:53   #10080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanile View Post
Hey just read in the news that all Diesel Ecosports manufactured between April 2013 till June 2014 are being recalled due to faulty break/fuel line.
It is just the clip that holds them together, not faulty brake/fuel line.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks