Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2016, 22:54   #10111
BHPian

Hey guys, I've been noticing something new in my ecoboost after some repairs under warranty. Coolant was leaking in drips and they had to replace the water pump "O" ring to stop the leak. After this, whenever I start my car in the morning or whenever it's cold, the engine rpm fluctuates in every 2-3 seconds before it sets on idle. And there's one more thing, whenever I release the clutch, I notice that the engine rpm rises slightly in rpm and goes back to idle once the clutch is fully released. I have a feeling that I'm paying too much attention to the car after the warranty repairs and I don't know whether these things were there from the start. Is this how the ecoboost behaves or do I have something to be worried about?
Old 1st June 2016, 02:19   #10112
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Update regarding the recall:

An underbody clip which holds the fuel and brake lines has been replaced with a newer improved version.

What is the difference?
Older clip(soiled one in the first picture ) snugly fits around 4 pipes and is prone to breakage when the high pressure liquids flow back and forth.

The new clip(jet black one in the second picture) is supposed to dampen the Vibrations and hence is more durable.

The projections in the clip which go towards the centre and hold the pipe; help in soaking up Vibrations

The clip costs around INR 68 but they have done the replacement free of cost.
Mody ford was generous enough to give a free car wash too
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20160601wa0004.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img20160601wa0003.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 1st June 2016 at 02:41.
ecosport rules is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 09:31   #10113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
You can check prices of seat covers at any of the Ford dealerships and also from a brand called "Autoform"

Autoform is available with most of the reputed car accessory stores
I concur with ecosport rules. I got Autoform seat covers for my ecosport and am very satisfied.
Old 1st June 2016, 12:47   #10114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Raj
I think you mean "pins" fell off ?
Use a thin rubber washer or paper to insert pins,that would solve the problem

Yeah, i meant the pins . I'll try the washers. Thanks for the tip.
Old 1st June 2016, 13:37   #10115
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Have come to Satyam Ford service centre at Thane.

Car has Check Engine light on in the display.

I have opted for the 2+2 Extended warranty. Car is less than 3 yrs old.

They are yet to check cause but are insisting that I should pay the scanning charges irrespective of the fault. I have refused.

Also there is no loaner car either.

So this 200 crs advt. Campaign seems to be all show and talk. On ground?
Old 1st June 2016, 13:48   #10116
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Car has Check Engine light on in the display.

They are yet to check cause but are insisting that I should pay the scanning charges irrespective of the fault. I have refused
Why not get yourself a OBD 2 reader and get free from initial hassle of Hong these ASC guys to get details on the CEL? Once you ascertain the problem take it to the ASC and get the issue sorted out.

It is a common practice here for scanning charges. I was charged 700 bucks yesterday during the 80K service. But I refused to pay and got it erased from the bill. I told them I have 2 OBD-II readers with me for scanning and there is no CEL displayed so why scan proactively. They replied saying we are doing this in the interest of customer safety. I was like

PS: Why not visit another Ford ASC?
a4anurag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 14:12   #10117
Distinguished - BHPian

What would be the ideal tyre pressure for mostly in city driving with 2-3 people? This is for the Ecosport AT in my family. The Ford recommended numbers seem too high
Old 1st June 2016, 14:17   #10118
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Why not get yourself a OBD 2 reader and get free from initial hassle of Hong these ASC guys to get details on the CEL? Once you ascertain the problem take it to the ASC and get the issue sorted out.

It is a common practice here for scanning charges. I was charged 700 bucks yesterday during the 80K service. But I refused to pay and got it erased from the bill.

PS: Why not visit another Ford ASC?
It is about the ethics of it. If we have extended warranty how can they charge for scanning when the fault is not of the customer. I have not come with an accident car and check engine light issue has to qualify as Manufacturing or Design fault as the vehicle has come within service interva and been driven properly.

Earlier - read when younger I would have got myself the scanner. Now don't want to spend time repairing my car. Want a quality service experience.

PS. It has been 1.5 hrs since I came to service centre they have yet to start to connect the scanner. All gone for lunch break.

Last edited by ACM : 1st June 2016 at 14:19.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 16:17   #10119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
It is about the ethics of it. If we have extended warranty how can they charge for scanning when the fault is not of the customer. I have not come with an accident car and check engine light issue has to qualify as Manufacturing or Design fault as the vehicle has come within service interva and been driven properly.

Earlier - read when younger I would have got myself the scanner. Now don't want to spend time repairing my car. Want a quality service experience.

PS. It has been 1.5 hrs since I came to service centre they have yet to start to connect the scanner. All gone for lunch break.
You are absolutely right about it. You as a customer should not paying for the scanning at any cost especially when you have't made any damage with an accident like you said. Even I had a check engine light once very recently and they did not charge for the scanning. Tell them very clearly that it has to be covered under warranty.
Old 1st June 2016, 17:12   #10120
BHPian

I have an one year old diesel ecosport done around 13000 km.
I am wondering if i can take extended warranty for it now and if it is worth it with my kind of average usage.
Is anybody aware of the costs involved in buying extended warranty?
Old 1st June 2016, 18:01   #10121

When I went for my car's first service they kept me waiting there for 3 hours as car moved from one bay to another. I had no issues with the work done as we all know first service is more of eye wash but I still sent feedback to Ford that for 30 mins worth of work, I was made to spend 3 hours.

After few days ASC guys started calling me saying Ford is asking them to clarify why it was so and literally begged me to give my acceptance of issue resolution to Ford when they inquire again otherwise the guy's job is at risk. I obliged but only after they accepted that it was an overkill to make me wait that long despite an appointment.

So my experience is Ford listens if you make noise.
Phoneix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 19:07   #10122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I normally Drive my car (Diesel Eco) between 2500-3500 RPM, just wanted to know, will this lead to an increased wear and tear ?
Max torque of this car is in 2000-2750 RPM range
Max BHP of the car is in 3750 RPM range.

So if you are not doing this RPM you are never utilizing its maximum power. I have driven 30,000 KM in the 90BHP(older) version of the car & i shift at around 2500RPM where the torque is still at its peak. If you want to drive sedately then you may shift at lower RPM & get higher fuel economy also. However if you are an enthusiast & want to enjoy the car to its limits shift at 2500-3000 RPM. The engine note becomes gruff, but no revving engines are silent.

Meanwhile fellow Bhpian UPrasenjit installed AT tyres for Ecosport. I believe nobody had done this before in the forum. If things work out well it will be a real boon for people who bought this crossover to go over broken terrains & some soft-roading. Read the whole story in the thread below:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/137695-ford-ecosport-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread-11.html#post3986907
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 19:27   #10123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
What would be the ideal tyre pressure for mostly in city driving with 2-3 people? This is for the Ecosport AT in my family. The Ford recommended numbers seem too high
I've been filling 32 all around for similar usage. Been working ok for me thus far.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 19:41   #10124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Max torque of this car is in 2000-2750 RPM range
Max BHP of the car is in 3750 RPM range.

So if you are not doing this RPM you are never utilizing its maximum power. I have driven 30,000 KM in the 90BHP(older) version of the car & i shift at around 2500RPM where the torque is still at its peak. If you want to drive sedately then you may shift at lower RPM & get higher fuel economy also. However if you are an enthusiast & want to enjoy the car to its limits shift at 2500-3000 RPM. The engine note becomes gruff, but no revving engines are silent.
Exactly, that's my point. ES feels a bit lethargic below 2k RPM, Also, the tachometer shows the red line at 5k. I didn't find any recommendation from Ford regarding the max rpm. I don't keep my vehicle at 3500 for a long time, it's kept at that rpm only when I am overtaking. While accelerating from red-light or other pit-stops, I up-shift at 3000 RPM, which ensures that my car is in turbo range even after the up-shift.

I am constantly getting a mileage of 12-13 KMPL in Delhi NCR bumper to bumper traffic, and 19-21 in Delhi-Chandigarh highway runs.

(to this reply) I recently came back from a trip to the Hatu peak and I must say I was not very impressed with Ecosport's power on high incline slopes. I had to drive all the way in 1st gear. We were four people in the car. Is this expected from all the car's or is Ecosport really a bit powerless ? Also, Up-shifting at 2k is not an option on mountain roads.

I want to buy the following stuff, any cues for a safe place online ? :
  • Roof Cross Bars
  • Front Chrome Grill (Mesh Type)
  • Spoiler

Any place in Delhi NCR for getting the interiors recolored ? I find the dash to be very reflective on windshield, wants to get it painted matt black, and light grey areas in interior to dark grey. I am also looking forward to get the Music System area and AC vents colored in Piano Black.
Old 1st June 2016, 22:13   #10125
BHPian

Hi All ;

Finally I got the delivery of my 1.5 Dsl Titanium , Golden Bronze Hippo today evening.
I am quite happy with the in city drivability but yet to test in open roads which I will do in the coming days. I thank all my fellow bhpian's whose entire 675 pages thread I have gone through innumerable times many a times I was tilting towards the new 2016 Duster but the hippo always brought me back to it.I have decided to retain the MRF tyres and spent the moolah on something more added value
kkat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed