Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2016, 22:47   #10126
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
You are absolutely right about it. You as a customer should not paying for the scanning at any cost especially when you have't made any damage with an accident like you said. Even I had a check engine light once very recently and they did not charge for the scanning. Tell them very clearly that it has to be covered under warranty.
They finally didn't charge for the scanning. Also I guess posting here live helped. They did hint at offering a loaner vehicle if the resolution was not found the same day.

They though took 4.30 hrs for a 1 hr job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
I have an one year old diesel ecosport done around 13000 km.
I am wondering if i can take extended warranty for it now and if it is worth it with my kind of average usage.
Is anybody aware of the costs involved in buying extended warranty?
Get the extended warranty it is worth it. Also things would not be unnecessarily replaced at your cost post 2 yrs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoneix View Post
When I went for my car's first service they kept me waiting there for 3 hours as car moved from one bay to another. I had no issues with the work done as we all know first service is more of eye wash but I still sent feedback to Ford that for 30 mins worth of work, I was made to spend 3 hours.

So my experience is Ford listens if you make noise.
YES ford listens if you make noise. I would suggest that ford send an employee to each service centre randomly one in 3 days on an average to spend the day with customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post

I want to buy the following stuff, any cues for a safe place online ? :
  • Roof Cross Bars
  • Front Chrome Grill (Mesh Type)
  • Spoiler

Any place in Delhi NCR for getting the interiors recolored ? I find the dash to be very reflective on windshield, wants to get it painted matt black, and light grey areas in interior to dark grey. I am also looking forward to get the Music System area and AC vents colored in Piano Black.
Buy the Roof cross bars from Ford itself. The quality is worth the 5-6k they charge for it.

Front mesh type chrome grill does not really look good. But your call.

Original spoiler is not worth it. They drill holes in the body for all spoilers. Avoid this Item does not add much to the looks or aerodynamics.
Old 1st June 2016, 22:51   #10127
BHPian

Hi All ;

I have the unused RD box of my old I20 5 speed single channel which I have retained after the sale of it , I now want to use it in my new Ecosport Dsl , but I was told that Ecosport comes with PCM over the battery so they will know that I have disconnected the battery and will cancel my electrical warranty , need help from the distinguished Bhpian's on how to go about
Old 2nd June 2016, 00:44   #10128
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkat View Post
Hi All ;

I have the unused RD box of my old I20 5 speed single channel which I have retained after the sale of it , I now want to use it in my new Ecosport Dsl , but I was told that Ecosport comes with PCM over the battery so they will know that I have disconnected the battery and will cancel my electrical warranty , need help from the distinguished Bhpian's on how to go about
Get in contact with RD guys in your city. They'll definitely help you and moreover if your car has to visit the ASC, just unplug the RD box and go back to OEM settings. No harm at all in terms of warranty.

I am not sure if the Single Channel box that you have would work on EcoSport or no. First check on that.
Old 2nd June 2016, 00:59   #10129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkat View Post
Hi All ;

RD single channel box can be used in Ecosport. RD will tweak the settings in your box for free. But you might need to buy different connector (2500 rs) for Ecosport.
Old 2nd June 2016, 10:15   #10130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

(to this reply) I recently came back from a trip to the Hatu peak and I must say I was not very impressed with Ecosport's power on high incline slopes. I had to drive all the way in 1st gear. We were four people in the car. Is this expected from all the car's or is Ecosport really a bit powerless ? Also, Up-shifting at 2k is not an option on mountain roads.

I want to buy the following stuff, any cues for a safe place online ? :
  • Roof Cross Bars
  • Front Chrome Grill (Mesh Type)
  • Spoiler

I have 1.5TDCi and t found it powerful enough in the hilly areas like say Ooty/Kemmannugundi here in south. I have done Leh-Ladakh in Ecosport and did find it underpowered mainly because of the altitude. That said not even once the Ecosport got stuck. I presume this would be a common phenomenon across all 1.5/1.6 out on sale.

Aliexpress should have all the accessories you plan to buy.
Old 2nd June 2016, 10:44   #10131
BHPian

Quote:
I recently came back from a trip to the Hatu peak and I must say I was not very impressed with Ecosport's power on high incline slopes. I had to drive all the way in 1st gear. We were four people in the car. Is this expected from all the car's or is Ecosport really a bit powerless ? Also, Up-shifting at 2k is not an option on mountain roads.
I took my ecosport tdci to Nainital in the first month of purchase. I did not find it to be underpowered. You definitely have to keep the revs up especially on crowded inclined roads but driving in second gear was almost effortless.
Old 2nd June 2016, 15:34   #10132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
They finally didn't charge for the scanning. Also I guess posting here live helped. They did hint at offering a loaner vehicle if the resolution was not found the same day.

What was the issue with CEL ?

Last edited by bblost : 2nd June 2016 at 23:22. Reason: fixed quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 19:09   #10133
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post

What was the issue with CEL ?
Issue was not definitely known. Air filter was replaced. Spark plug tips checked and cleaned. Fuel was checked and found fine. Error code removed by scanner and a test drive done.

Last edited by bblost : 2nd June 2016 at 23:22. Reason: fixed quote
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 19:27   #10134

Hi folks,

I have plans to buy a new car, finalized on 3 of the models
1. Ecosport
2. Aspire
3. Elite i20

Ecosport is more on in my preferred list because of its stylish looks and solid body. When I test drove Ecosport (diesel) alongside with Aspire(diesel), I found Ecosport(D) is not as peppy as Aspire(D), and I agree it is most to do with Power to Weight ratio.

I would like to know
1. Whether the power can be increased If I install RaceChip for Ecosport ? and will I get the initial peppy grunt that I get with Aspire ?
2. Does anyone installed RaceChip on Ecosport? and how about the EcoSport performance and FE after installation?
3. Installing RaceChip will harm any internal units? or cause any warranty failures ?

Aspire (diesel), I love it for its peppiness, but not good in doing sale volumes... so fearing there may chances that can be stopped over a time like all new fiesta or ford mondeo

Elite i20, Ticks all boxes, premium feel and I owned i20 (old version) earlier and I had no regrets with it... just thinking should I have stick with hyundai or move to ford...

Can you guys help me with some suggestions/ownership feedbacks to make up my final decision...

Thanks...
Old 3rd June 2016, 09:33   #10135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danychris View Post
Hi folks,

I have plans to buy a new car, finalized on 3 of the models
1. Ecosport
2. Aspire
3. Elite i20

Thanks...
I haven't driven the Aspire but have test driven the Elite i20 D and the Ecosport D. With a bump in power of the new Ecosport D, i felt the power to be very linear while the i20 D was laggy early on but post 2k rpms you can feel the boost.

I prefer the linear power delivery of the Ecosport plus the superb build quality. The overall interior fit and finish is better in the i20.

Regarding tuning, our fellow bhpian - Ecosport Rules has remapped his Ecosport D. Check his thread and reach out to him for more info.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2016, 20:35   #10136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I have 1.5TDCi and t found it powerful enough in the hilly areas like say Ooty/Kemmannugundi here in south. I have done Leh-Ladakh in Ecosport and did find it underpowered mainly because of the altitude. That said not even once the Ecosport got stuck. I presume this would be a common phenomenon across all 1.5/1.6 out on sale.

Aliexpress should have all the accessories you plan to buy.

Yes, Altitude might be a problem here. As, Hatu Peak in itself is at 3400 Meters. I felt like it was gaping for air. Is it normal for all Diesel Cars ? Also, to keep it going I had to keep it in First gear at 2-3.5k RPM.

I like Aliexpress, but the delivery takes so much of time. Anyways,I couldn't find the stuff any where else and I don't trust shopclues so I guess it would be Aliexpress once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
I took my Ecosport tdci to Nainital in the first month of purchase. I did not find it to be under-powered. You definitely have to keep the revs up especially on crowded inclined roads but driving in second gear was almost effortless.
I took my Ecosport to Nainital, Kausani and Binsar route too. On those roads I didn't find much issue with the car, even-though the whole drive was with AC ON.
Old 4th June 2016, 18:43   #10137
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, I've been noticing something new in my ecoboost after some repairs under warranty. Coolant was leaking in drips and they had to replace the water pump "O" ring to stop the leak. After this, whenever I start my car in the morning or whenever it's cold, the engine rpm fluctuates in every 2-3 seconds before it sets on idle. And there's one more thing, whenever I release the clutch, I notice that the engine rpm rises slightly in rpm and goes back to idle once the clutch is fully released. I have a feeling that I'm paying too much attention to the car after the warranty repairs and I don't know whether these things were there from the start. Is this how the ecoboost behaves or do I have something to be worried about?

Hey guys, can any ecoboost owners comment on this? I'm still having this issue and not sure whether this actually is an issue. Whenever I press the clutch and release, there is a slight increase in rpm when I release it. Thanks! :(
Old 4th June 2016, 19:27   #10138
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, can any ecoboost owners comment on this? I'm still having this issue and not sure whether this actually is an issue. Whenever I press the clutch and release, there is a slight increase in rpm when I release it. Thanks! :(
This is normal, happens with me as well. If my memory serves me right,this is an anti stall feature to help you shift gears smoothly and to prevent stalling in first.
Doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 23:06   #10139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This is normal behaviour in new gen engines which have drive by wire. The ECU is actually increasing the revs to match the rpm's if you downshift. It reduces the jerks when changing gears. However if you hate these electronics trying to make driving easier for you, you will not like this interference.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 00:06   #10140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
This is normal, happens with me as well. If my memory serves me right,this is an anti stall feature to help you shift gears smoothly and to prevent stalling in first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
This is normal behaviour in new gen engines which have drive by wire. The ECU is actually increasing the revs to match the rpm's if you downshift. It reduces the jerks when changing gears. However if you hate these electronics trying to make driving easier for you, you will not like this interference.

Thank you guys for confirming! I never thought I'd say this but I hate this feature now. In slow moving bumper to bumper traffic this behaviour of the car just irritates me while driving especially after I found this happening. However, I actually did not notice this at all and I noticed it only when I paid too much attention to everything after the repair work when I just released the clutch in neutral and then saw the rpm go high and then come back. I think interferences like these will be inevitable in every car from now on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks