Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2016, 19:24   #10276
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I got it installed from a local accessory shop and its some Chinese brand. I don't have the original packaging so could not verify the brand. Also, do remember, this will require either a drill hole on metal of boot door or a desi jugaad like I did. I used a paper clip to form a hook and used it to attach on the rear windows rubber beading. The frame is attached to the boot door's plastic using a screw.

On a side note, my MID shows an average mileage less than the actual mileage. When I checked my Mileage using tankful method, I got the number at 17. While, the MID was showing 14. And Yes, I did reset the mileage counter after getting the first tankful done.

Also, What's the deal with Headlight upgrade ? I have already installed extreme vision bulbs and would like to upgrade further but Vitamin M and warranty issues are of high concern for me. Any suggestions ?
Hi BB311;4008977;

There is no other solution on hand except HID which are very pricey and do not offer pure yellow lights which is a absolute must for rainy season , that's the only reason I upgraded to 90/100W Osram normal bulbs with Philips relay wiring kit the bulbs are normal and not even halogen but overall giving me good visibility at night , safety is of paramount importance to me than the warranty issues ( already spoke to SA and was told that headlight warranty would go void) given the outside visibility due to thick A pillars my dealer has said that it will perform good even in foggy conditions , I hope I have clarified your doubt

Regards Kiron

Last edited by kkat : 4th July 2016 at 19:39. Reason: warranty issues
kkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 19:44   #10277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Guys, thinking of upgrading the headlights to 130w bulbs. I've already got the relay along with ceramic holders but I'm worried that the heat from the bulbs may melt the lens. Anyone who has some experience here?
Hi Doge ;

My dealer with whom I got the headlights upgraded told me clearly that the outer lenses will turn black after sometime and that they had received similar complaints from other customers who upgraded to 130W , 90/100W is more than sufficient without the opposite driver getting blinded with proper adjustment to headlight focus
kkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 09:04   #10278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravishankar999 View Post
Hi Guys,

I am in deep distress as my 2 year old (26k kms) ecosport tdci titanium (o) is showing water leakage into the passenger floor from under the glove box the second
I had this issue once in my Santro. The entire passenger side used to puddle after driving in the rain. Took it the service center during routine servicing and was resolved after cowl top cleaning. I don't think it cost anywhere near the amount you have mentioned. Maybe a couple of hundred bucks.
Old 5th July 2016, 19:59   #10279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkat View Post
Upgraded my headlights to 90/100 normal Osram lamps with Phillips relay wiring kit cost came to 2.8K including labour costs and the intensity has certainly increased I will post the review after driving on the Nice road from Bannerughatta to PES college route when I am able to do so at night times with rain on.
Can you please elaborate, how the relay and the 90/100 Osrams were installed? Most of the aftermarket headlight relays, connect with the H4 bulb holder, and in Ecosport the H4 holder is inside the waterproof rubber cap, on the back of the headlight. Was the rubber cap cut to allow the passage of wires, or some dedicated plug-n-play relay is available for the ecosport. I want to put a relay, and put ordinary 100/90W philips or osram bulbs. But I do not want to route the wires through the rubber cap, and make the entire headlight vulnerable to water damage. I am already using Philips exreme vision, 60/55W, although there is an improvement over the OEM osram bulbs, but still not satisfied. Experts, please advise on a solution, I do not want to spend on the projector lamps.

Last edited by gsratta : 5th July 2016 at 20:01.
Old 5th July 2016, 20:30   #10280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Can you please elaborate, how the relay and the 90/100 Osrams were installed? Most of the aftermarket headlight relays, connect with the H4 bulb holder, and in Ecosport the H4 holder is inside the waterproof rubber cap, on the back of the headlight. Was the rubber cap cut to allow the passage of wires, or some dedicated plug-n-play relay is available for the ecosport. I want to put a relay, and put ordinary 100/90W philips or osram bulbs. But I do not want to route the wires through the rubber cap, and make the entire headlight vulnerable to water damage. I am already using Philips exreme vision, 60/55W, although there is an improvement over the OEM osram bulbs, but still not satisfied. Experts, please advise on a solution, I do not want to spend on the projector lamps.
Hi gsratta ;
Yes a small hole has been made to allow the passage of wires which according to the dealer is not a concern for water logging in the headlight chamber it could be problem only if we try to negotiate say a rivulet of sufficient depth which this car is not meant to given a incident of engine stalling when moderate water wading as reported earlier in this forum so that is the only reason which I went ahead and installed and I have no plans for doing heavy water wading despite Ford's claims of 500mm.
Old 6th July 2016, 11:00   #10281
BHPian

Im having a problem with my bluetooth not displaying the song name on the screen. I paired my phone ( LG G4) and the screen just says something like "playing from bluetooth devices" when playing music from my phone. Is there a fix to this?
Old 6th July 2016, 11:24   #10282
BHPian

Hello, yesterday I went to get my ES serviced for 20K kms.
Upon inquiring if throttle body and injector cleaning is covered in this 20K service, the advisor said its not recommended to be cleaned in the Ford's normal service schedule and only if vehicle gives problem then it is done. I was kind'd surprised and reluctant to believe as in all our previous cars (M. Suzuki), injector cleaning was well covered as preventive maintenance and done on each service if I can recall. I could not find any reference to injector cleaning in the Ford ES owner's manual as well. I anyway went ahead and got it done as extra job for 1250/-

As I am very very particular about preventive maintenance and care, can someone tell if this is true with Ford that they don't bother cleaning Injector and throttle body in their service schedule?
cowboy45 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2016, 13:54   #10283

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Im having a problem with my bluetooth not displaying the song name on the screen. I paired my phone ( LG G4) and the screen just says something like "playing from bluetooth devices" when playing music from my phone. Is there a fix to this?
Hi, I am assuming that's the way it is. I have been playing my iPod mini with Bluetooth both via Bluetooth as well as wired line in usb (when the ipod battery is down as line in usb charges the ipod while playing songs). When it's connected via Bluetooth I get the same display on my screen "playing from Bluetooth devices" and I have to control the playlist through the ipod.(the steering controls still work -skipping to the next/previous song) But when I connect the same via usb line in, the screen displays the playlists and songs and I can control it through front panel buttons. In this case the ipod says"connected to accessory device" and there is no control on the ipod.
Same thing happens while I connect my phone (Nexus 5).
Old 6th July 2016, 20:24   #10284
BHPian

Hi Guys ;

Got the paint protection for the bronze hippo during first service which was at 2492kms at Cauvery Ford was charged INR 4354/-is this price justified for Waxoyl would love to hear from distinguished Ecosportian's on the effectiveness of this treatment , mine being open car parking on the road as we do not have a proper car park at our residence and the rains in Bangalore which is creating nuisance on the outer body given the long travel from Jigani to Malleswaram , any other treatment worth doing ? already have done under chassis from 3M RMV layout after 3 days of ownership
Regards Kiron
Old 7th July 2016, 09:35   #10285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Higher ampere translates to everything working for a longer time even when the engine is switched off.

I always felt that the 43Ah was never sufficient for my needs (charging phones, battery banks and I use a "Waeco"refrigerator too)
The new battery serves my purpose very well.

When you have to buy anything new why not buy the better one?
"Have it and not use it rather than need it and not have it"
Can you please post the model number of the Amaron 65Ah battery that you got? My dealer here does not want to give me the battery without the model number. Also, I am assuming that the 65Ah battery can be used for the AT Ecosport as well? Help will be appreciated.
Old 8th July 2016, 09:48   #10286
BHPian

Just an update .

My 2.5 yr ES 1.5 titanium (p) Sunglass holder was broken , got a new one fixed under warranty .

No charges at all.
Old 8th July 2016, 11:03   #10287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy45 View Post
Hello, yesterday I went to get my ES serviced for 20K kms.
Upon inquiring if throttle body and injector cleaning is covered in this 20K service, the advisor said its not recommended to be cleaned in the Ford's normal service schedule and only if vehicle gives problem then it is done. I was kind'd surprised and reluctant to believe as in all our previous cars (M. Suzuki), injector cleaning was well covered as preventive maintenance and done on each service if I can recall. I could not find any reference to injector cleaning in the Ford ES owner's manual as well. I anyway went ahead and got it done as extra job for 1250/-

As I am very very particular about preventive maintenance and care, can someone tell if this is true with Ford that they don't bother cleaning Injector and throttle body in their service schedule?
Are you sure it was mentioned in the manual as a part of the service schedule for your earlier Maruti cars ? From what I have heard, throttle body and injector cleaning is usually a dealership add on to inflate the bill and isn't really required unless there is an issue.
Old 9th July 2016, 20:15   #10288
BHPian

Is it just me or is the fan noise of the Ecosport Diesel too loud? Whenever it kicks in(usually for 1-2 seconds, which I find weird), I can hear it from inside the cabin with the windows up!
Old 9th July 2016, 22:00   #10289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Is it just me or is the fan noise of the Ecosport Diesel too loud? Whenever it kicks in(usually for 1-2 seconds, which I find weird), I can hear it from inside the cabin with the windows up!
I kind of find the opposite, feel it's really quite compared to my first gen figo. At a traffic signal, I can hear the fan noise from Etios Taxi's but fail to hear the same from my engine bay.
Old 9th July 2016, 22:07   #10290
Senior - BHPian

My service advisor mentioned 5w20 for the Ecoboost engine today. I have given it for the 2nd service. Previously it was 5w30. He says Ford has changed it. He even showed his computer screen and said it picks up 5w20 automatically for the Ecoboost.

Can anyone confirm this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks