Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2013, 17:24   #1021
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

So which version seems to be a performer? Ecoboost or TDCI or 1.5 Petrol? Which one is good for highways?
Old 20th June 2013, 17:24   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The Duster wears 215 section tyres, not 185. If I'm not wrong.

Also, I have spent considerable time in various Dusters that belong to colleagues and friends, and I can say quite categorically that the Duster is roomier. The EcoSport feels a bit tight for 3 at the back but the Duster accommodates 3 adults in reasonable comfort. From the driver's seat, the EcoSport feels no wider than a Swift. The Duster does feel larger.

The Duster is a good alternative to entry level sedans because of its ability to accommodate 5 + luggage plus the added versatility of high ground clearance, whereas the EcoSport is a good alternative to premium hatchbacks as it provides similar levels of accommodation and the added versatility of higher ground clearance.
I think its just the "feeling" of roominess because of lighter/cream/beige interiors of the Duster vs black of the Ecosport. I didn't find any difference except that Ecosport has much more leg room and headroom than Duster.
Old 20th June 2013, 18:54   #1023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Did a TD of the diesel.
This is one Ford that is worth owning. I can't wait for my copy to arrive.
Did you TD the car in Bangalore ? If you can name the dealer it would be of great help to me. Metro Ford still has no TD car's around
Old 20th June 2013, 18:56   #1024
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
I think its just the "feeling" of roominess because of lighter/cream/beige interiors of the Duster vs black of the Ecosport. I didn't find any difference except that Ecosport has much more leg room and headroom than Duster.
Ummm, I'm not so sure. The airiness could also be due to the Duster's larger glass house.

Leg room / knee room at the back is similar and it's hard to separate the two. I'd say the measurement would be equal to the Figo's, but the seats are higher on both the Duster and EcoSport. This ensures that the knees aren't bent as much as they would be in a car with lower seating and a low floor.

The key difference between the Dusters' and EcoSport's rear bench is the width. In the Duster, the bench is like the Logan's. It's wide and allows 3 to sit comfortably. But the EcoSport's bench is about as wide as the Figo's. It's alright for city commutes but not for long drives.
Old 20th June 2013, 19:20   #1025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Did you TD the car in Bangalore ? If you can name the dealer it would be of great help to me. Metro Ford still has no TD car's around
Go to Lathangi Ford off Bannerghatta Road. They have a white EcoSport TDCi for test drives.

I'd stopped by Metro Ford on St. Mark's Road yesterday but found their tone rather cold & off-putting. Reached out to Lathangi and ended up with very enthusiastic staff. The person I met was Ms. Archana.

Try to reach Lathangi early during a weekday to get the TD.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 19:21   #1026
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarthakgupta View Post
Motorbash has scooped the official prices for some variants:

EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Ambiente: Rs 6.1 Lakh
EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Trend: Rs 6.95 Lakh
EcoSport 1.5L Titanium: Rs 8.1 Lakh
EcoSport 1.5L Titanium Automatic: Rs 8.75 Lakh
EcoSport 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium: Rs 9.15 Lakh

Source:http://motorbash.com/so-are-these-th...ford-ecosport/
This price seems to be true as on 24th May on this very forum I had shared the same price list.

Diesel will be 1 lac+ on petrol variant.

I am not sure if they just picked up my post from TeamBHP and published an article
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport-pricing.png  

Last edited by damager21 : 20th June 2013 at 19:23.
damager21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2013, 19:34   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damager21 View Post
I am not sure if they just picked up my post from TeamBHP and published an article
Good catch, I believe you, its just a cut and paste job when their scoop went kaput.
Old 20th June 2013, 19:53   #1028
BHPian

It was motorbeam which spoke about the scoop I guess
Old 20th June 2013, 20:04   #1029
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from Harpreeet Ford, Moti nagar and had a brief look at the Ecosport. Sadly no test drives were available as yet and they said test drive would start after 26th when the official launch of the car is.

Me and my father were both extremely impressed with the car, its a looker from all angles and the paint quality is top notch. I found the interiors to be good and am from those few who prefer black over an overdose of beige, the plastics are well screwed together and seem a notch above Duster, the steering is a delight to hold. Was really surprised as to how Ford managed to squeeze so much legroom at the back with adjustable backrests.

The salesman was hinting an ex showroom of 9-9.2 for Titanium Diesel ex showroom Delhi but i would wait till 26th.
If the Diesel titanium is till 9.5 ex showroom here, i would book mine the same day.

Its a brilliant all rounder.
Old 20th June 2013, 20:20   #1030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post

On a lighter note, the Duster trolls in this thread appears to be on Renault's payroll. Comparisons with Santro, Swift and what not. All lies.

This is one Ford that is worth owning. I can't wait for my copy to arrive.
On a lighter note, some of us could be seen to be on Ford's payrolls the way we cant stop drooling around the ecosport.
I totally agree, that the gadgetry, driving dynamics & the touch & feel is far ahead of the duster. If the duster was a 7 seater, then it would have been a totally different ball game.
Old 20th June 2013, 21:25   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
For those who think Duster is bigger and ecosport is a hatch on stilts should go and see both vehicles in person first.

The dimensions are almost similar.
I suppose the extra 315mm (one foot) length should make a lot of difference. This is 150mm more than the difference between Swift and Dezire, and we all know how much bigger the Dezire look in comparison with Swift. If indeed the Ecosport does not look that much smaller than Duster I would say Ford has done an excellent job at design and packaging.
Old 20th June 2013, 21:31   #1032
BHPian

The variants are simple. The AT is very tempting depending on price. I could not figure out the difference between Titanium and Titanium (O) variants except side and curtain airbags. No AT in Diesel and Ecoboost is disappointing. Waiting for ecosport pricing on june 26
Old 20th June 2013, 21:32   #1033
BHPian

Going to Metro Ford this weekend for some eyes-on time . Really confused between the Titanium and the Trend variants ( and the Ambiente :P )
And now the Ford Fiesta too..
Old 20th June 2013, 21:56   #1034
BHPian

Drive the white TDCI titanium at Lathangi ford today. Blue was on display.

Highlights
1. Diesel noise is supremely muted..no clatter even at high revs.
2. Diesel power is just adequate..very linear power delivery..below 2000 rpm car struggles but no stalling.
3. High commanding view..feels like a big car in terms of ride and space at the front. U definitely feel like u r in a SUV.
4. Felt premium inside out.
5. Steering was light but not as light as Chevy beat.

26th June is the launch date. I just hope diesel titanium is 10 lacs OTR in bangalore...otherwise I am going in for the trend TDCI.
Old 20th June 2013, 22:12   #1035
Senior - BHPian

Has the ecosport been crash tested by the Euro NCAP ? I was only able to find a Latin NCAP report where it scored 4 stars. Not sure how tough the Latin NCAP standards really are

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks