Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2016, 19:02   #10396
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenu View Post
I have finished intalling projector , switch back LED DRL and turn sequencer.
Its morimoto 35w ballast, 4300k, square d2smini 3.0" projector along with LED DRL with switch back sequencing turn indicator. I installed myself. Now the light output is phenomenally better.
Can you post some pictures of headlamp throw, indicators etc. Also, more details / instructions please! Are these units standard plug and play replacements for existing headlamp?
Old 23rd July 2016, 21:19   #10397

I've just got my car serviced for free @ 2000 Kms. However I do not see any oil change being done or mentioned on the service card. Don't Ford change the engine oil after engine break in? Really confused!
Old 23rd July 2016, 22:14   #10398
BHPian

Nope. The first oil change will be at 10,000 kms. Interestingly , when I bought my first Fiesta the oil change was at 5,000 kms interval. When I bought my second Fiesta the oil change intervals for the same model with same engine was changed to 10,000 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyarcher View Post
I've just got my car serviced for free @ 2000 Kms. However I do not see any oil change being done or mentioned on the service card. Don't Ford change the engine oil after engine break in? Really confused!
PratikPatel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 22:19   #10399

Quote:
Originally Posted by PratikPatel View Post
Nope. The first oil change will be at 10,000 kms. Interestingly , when I bought my first Fiesta the oil change was at 5,000 kms interval. When I bought my second Fiesta the oil change intervals for the same model with same engine was changed to 10,000 kms.
Wow, I can understand 5k kms. But 10k is when the next service is scheduled and I can't help but wonder all these metal particles circulating in the oil for that long. All I can think of is that every engine is already pre-run-in at the factory before being installed. Otherwise those metal particles would definitely damage the engine.
Old 23rd July 2016, 22:35   #10400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
Can you post some pictures of headlamp throw, indicators etc. Also, more details / instructions please! Are these units standard plug and play replacements for existing headlamp?
Sure i will send when i go to my office parking spacei dont find a better place yet to tune my headlamp level.
The projector connectors are plug and play.but headlamp has to be opened to install projector lens. I didnt take too many pics during installation.
But i can write some instructions during this week of how i did it.
The turn indicators connections are tapped from indicator line and the DRL has been tapped from park light here where i had to cut the wires. But its all inside the headlamp not anything outside the headlamp.

I took a short video of my setup and uploaded into the below youtube link

jhenu is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2016, 00:01   #10401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyarcher View Post
My last couple of cars didn't get an oil change until first service at 15K.

I think this is one way in which car engines have changed a lot over the decades. There isn't really a "running-in" period like there used to be, and the initial few months of burning up oil seems to be a thing of the past. (checking the level, though, is never a bad thing!). Just follow the user manual guidelines.

It is to be hoped that there is not too much metal particles. And also, remember that you do have an oil filter.

Tyres, and maybe brakes, probably need more run-in than the engine does. Don't worry! Just enjoy your new car, but don't overdo anything for a while.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2016, 02:07   #10402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have finished intalling projector , switch back LED DRL and turn sequencer.
Its morimoto 35w ballast, 4300k, square d2smini 3.0" projector along with LED DRL with switch back sequencing turn indicator. I installed myself. Now the light output is phenomenally better.
Congratulations
The 'Audi' like sequencing indicator looks awesome.
What was the cost and where did u source the leds and projector from?

Thank you

Last edited by ecosport rules : 26th July 2016 at 02:13.
Old 26th July 2016, 04:21   #10403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Congratulations
The 'Audi' like sequencing indicator looks awesome.
What was the cost and where did u source the leds and projector from?

Thank you
Thank you. Basically I am a DIY guy. So most of the things I try to install myself. That's generally because I would love to learn things.

The projectors details below:

1. Morimoto square RHD lens
2. Apollo 2.0 square shrouds
3.Morimoto d2s bulbs 4300k

All the above from theretrofitsource.com (USA) my friend helped me to bring.

4. 35w morimoto ballasts
5. Moto control harness

Are from AVStunning.com. They are authorised dealer in India.

Square lens was not available with avstunning. So i ordered from US. And cheaper too comparatively.

About the DRL. They are from aliexpress.

Ihttp://m.aliexpress.com/item/32621060978.html?productId=32621060978&productSubj ect=2x-Flexible-White-Amber-Switchback-LED-Knight-Rider-Strip-Light-for-Headlight-Sequential-Flasher-Dual-Color&shortkey=rEzUVjiQ&addresstype=600&tracelog=w wwdetail2mobilesitedetail

Received after 3 weeks of time from china.

The DRL had 3 wires. Negative line(black),positive line(Red),and turn indicator line.(yellow) The black and red goes to park light,the yellow goes to turn indicator. Here I faced a problem when put the turn switch on the indicator works for 5 sequence of amber and goes to white DRL then goes to amber. Alternates repeatedly. So i fixed this by adding a capacitor and a diode into the circuit.

If anyone like to install I will be happy to help.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th July 2016 at 22:50. Reason: Please format your post prior to submitting. Thanks!
Old 27th July 2016, 11:33   #10404
BHPian

Horrible experience with Lathangi Ford, Bangalore

Posting a horrible experience encountered by a colleague with Lathangi Ford, Bangalore. The below content is written by her, and has also been sent to Ford India.

Quote:
This is regarding a rather unpleasant experience with Lathangi Ford, Bangalore, India while trying to buy a Ford Ecosport Titanium Black Edition.

I am an IT company employee and I wanted to purchase a Ford Ecosport Titanium Black Edition ( Colour : Panther Black ) under company lease policy. For this, I got in touch with sales adviser Nithin C from Lathangi Ford, Bangalore. After the test drive and other negotiations, Nithin promised the following things to me –
1. Ex-Showroom Price – Rs. 9,22,000 ( Rs. 30,000 discount on the original ex showroom price of Rs. 9,52,000 )
2. Complimentary goodies at the time of delivery –
a. Leather seat covers
b. Reverse parking camera
c. 50% off on spare wheel cover

The performa invoice stating an ex showroom price of Rs. 9,22,000 was sent to me(mail from sales advisor attached). After paying a booking amount of Rs. 10,000 on the 17th Of June 2016, I then forwarded the performa invoice to the concerned teams to start the lease process. I did not get any mail conformation for the accessories even though I requested the sales advisor to send the same multiple times but my request was completely ignored.

On the 1st of July 2016, I get a call from the car lease advisor that the sales advisor has sent a new performa invoice stating the ex showroom price of Rs. 9,52,000. This was done without my knowledge which was really unethical on the part of the sales advisor. When I called up the sales advisor, first he said that they would refund difference amount Rs. 30,000 at the time of delivery. I found this offer very fishy and hence did not agree to it and decided to cancel the booking. The sales advisor agreed to do so. However, when asked to give me his manager’s number, he freaked out and then agreed for an ex showroom price of Rs. 9,22,000 and also the agreed complimentary goodies. He even confirmed the same via email.

Still suspecting something fishy on the part of the dealer, I was reluctant to sign the lease papers until I saw my vehicle in the yard. The sales advisor tried to stall this request of mine multiple times to the point of completely ignoring and disconnecting my calls and messages. It is at this time that I decided to contact his manager, Mr. Harish. Harish checked on my booking and reverted back saying that my booking was for a normal titanium variant and not for a titanium black edition variant.

I was shocked to hear this as I was not sure how the sales advisor could possibly think that he could get away with this when all our conversations ( email/phone calls/messages) were for a Ford Ecosport Titanium Black Edition. Probably, his plan was to get the car registered and then I would not have been able to do anything about the same. Mr. Harish did not have anything to say about this.

I have cancelled the booking and I don’t think I will ever approach Lathangi Ford in the future and I will also discourage my friends and family to approach them as well. However, the entire episode was an utter waste of my time and a very unpleasant experience.

I do not know what actions have been taken against Nithin, if any, but please consider this as a CUSTOMER COMPLAINT and take necessary steps so that other customers do not go through the same experience as I did while getting a FORD vehicle.
bharat4ever is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2016, 11:41   #10405
Senior - BHPian

Re: Horrible experience with Lathangi Ford, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Posting a horrible experience encountered by a colleague with Lathangi Ford, Bangalore. The below content is written by her, and has also been sent to Ford India.
Highly unethical from Lathangi Ford.
I don't think any dealer is offering 30K off on Ecosport as it is the only car that is selling well for Ford India.
This must be something cooked up by the Sales advisor and trap the customer in with discounts and backing out once the papers are signed.
Old 28th July 2016, 11:31   #10406
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by envyravi View Post
Friends, I own a 5 year oldFord Figo, TDI, Titanium model. The car has run 83000 kms, 20% on highway. Now I want to sell the Figo and buy a new car. My heart is set on Ford Ecosport, Diesel version. Please advise me. My priorities are
1. Fuel effeciency. My Figo is giving 14 kms in city and 19 kms on highway with 100% AC and expect same if not better FE from the new car.
2. Effective AC
3. Long distance Highway driveability.
4. Good space in the rear for 2 and occasional 3 adults.
Will Ford Ecosport match my expectations.
Thanks.
Ecosport should meet all your above requirements. FE though, is mostly a KM lower than Figo given its bigger and develops more power. In highway though if you can maintain 80-90 Km/Hr, don't be surprised if you get 22+ Km/L.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2016, 13:26   #10407
BHPian

Can anyone please share the actual picture of the engine compartment Fuse box top view (cover removed) of the Petrol variant. I see there are some fuses unused so i just want to confirm they are in good order.
Old 28th July 2016, 13:51   #10408
BHPian

Quote:
Sure i will send when i go to my office parking spacei dont find a better place yet to tune my headlamp level.

I took a short video of my setup and uploaded into the below Youtube link

Super work, is there a way you could Sync up the sequencers?

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th July 2016 at 22:51. Reason: Fixing quote.
Old 28th July 2016, 14:45   #10409
BHPian

Re: Ford announces dual air bags standard across all their cars, TRUE?

Ford has announced dual air bags standard across all their cars , is this TRUE?

Any price hikes possible?

http://www.drivespark.com/four-wheel...ay-015994.html

http://www.rushlane.com/ford-india-t...-12201438.html
Old 28th July 2016, 16:44   #10410
Senior - BHPian

Re: Horrible experience with Lathangi Ford, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
I think Ford would do well to take view this very seriously and take action. Customer confidence in the brand and service is everything - I can only hope they do not follow the Skoda path.

Most Viewed