Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2016, 17:05   #10411
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Well my Cousin Brother-in-law got a new EcoSport Trend + Diesel about 3 weeks back in Mars Red @9.5lakhs on the road after a 55k exchange for his old Baleno LXi.

Got a chance to drive it briefly, below are my observations.

1. The Diesel engine sounds like a muted tractor or jeep engine, too clattery, from outside.
2. Quite refined and quiet on the inside but the clutch pedal vibrates as does the floor.
3. It moves off cleanly and responds well to quick up-shifts around 1800 ~ 2000 RPM.
4. You can feel the steering column against your left leg if you've got the clutch pressed and are turning left at full lock.
5. The stereo does sound good, can't comment on the A/C since it is rainy season here and the temperatures are low, but it does get cold in there.
6. Seats are comfortable at the front.

Haven't got a chance to really drive it more/ spend some time in it and find out other stuff about it.

Will post more once I've driven it more and played around with the gadgets inside.
Old 29th July 2016, 02:43   #10412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Highly unethical from Lathangi Ford.
I don't think any dealer is offering 30K off on Ecosport as it is the only car that is selling well for Ford India.
This must be something cooked up by the Sales advisor and trap the customer in with discounts and backing out once the papers are signed.
I agree with above.

Checked with 4 dealers and the maximum they can offer is a 10k worth accessories (basics). No discounts on the ex show room price for sure. If you have contacts, probably another 15k on insurance and certain % off on additional accessories.

One thing I did notice is:
Couple of dealers were not adding the additional 20k or so on Tit+ variant as part of ex-show room price for black edition (however they do collect 20k extra as a separate invoice probably during delivery). The others were adding the black edition cost into the ex-show room price, which got the ex show room price above 10L (means 14% road tax vs 12%).

My dealer mentioned - No where it would be mentioned as Black Edition on the RC or any other papers. It shouldn't matter, as its just cosmetic changes and nothing really changing structure / engine wise.

It didn't bother me, as it was saving of about 20 to 30 K on road tax (can be directed towards projector lamps). Genuinely, I would also consider it as an accessory upgrade (as no spec is changing as such).

PS: Awaiting my car delivery - into the 4th week of wait period
Old 29th July 2016, 08:17   #10413
BHPian

Re: Horrible experience with Lathangi Ford, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Posting a horrible experience encountered by a colleague with Lathangi Ford, Bangalore. The below content is written by her, and has also been sent to Ford India.
Ford has a history for having no control on their dealers. They let them free to take customers for a ride. During the times, when it was launched, no CRM system was used to take bookings and then premium amount was taken by all the dealers to deliver car out of the turn. Worse was the the customer care was also very poor.

Last edited by harpreetsubhi : 29th July 2016 at 08:31. Reason: Grammar issue
Old 29th July 2016, 09:54   #10414
BHPian

Re: Horrible experience with Lathangi Ford, Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I think Ford would do well to take view this very seriously and take action. Customer confidence in the brand and service is everything - I can only hope they do not follow the Skoda path.
Lathangi is least bothered. They didn't even want to offer a compromise deal. Just returned the booking amount.

Quote:
Highly unethical from Lathangi Ford.
I don't think any dealer is offering 30K off on Ecosport as it is the only car that is selling well for Ford India.
This must be something cooked up by the Sales advisor and trap the customer in with discounts and backing out once the papers are signed.
Yes, we did talk to the other dealers as well, and none of them offered such discounts. That's why we wanted to see the car in the yard before even we started any paperwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
I agree with above.

Checked with 4 dealers and the maximum they can offer is a 10k worth accessories (basics). No discounts on the ex show room price for sure. If you have contacts, probably another 15k on insurance and certain % off on additional accessories.

One thing I did notice is:
Couple of dealers were not adding the additional 20k or so on Tit+ variant as part of ex-show room price for black edition (however they do collect 20k extra as a separate invoice probably during delivery). The others were adding the black edition cost into the ex-show room price, which got the ex show room price above 10L (means 14% road tax vs 12%).

My dealer mentioned - No where it would be mentioned as Black Edition on the RC or any other papers. It shouldn't matter, as its just cosmetic changes and nothing really changing structure / engine wise.

It didn't bother me, as it was saving of about 20 to 30 K on road tax (can be directed towards projector lamps). Genuinely, I would also consider it as an accessory upgrade (as no spec is changing as such).

PS: Awaiting my car delivery - into the 4th week of wait period
Hope you get it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Ford has a history for having no control on their dealers. They let them free to take customers for a ride. During the times, when it was launched, no CRM system was used to take bookings and then premium amount was taken by all the dealers to deliver car out of the turn. Worse was the the customer care was also very poor.
We went to Lathangi since my dad bought one of the first Ecosports in Bangalore there, and it went on without a hitch.
Now though.... Horrible experience, and the sales adviser was a complete sham.
Old 29th July 2016, 10:27   #10415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Posting a horrible experience encountered by a colleague with Lathangi Ford, Bangalore. The below content is written by her, and has also been sent to Ford India.
Quote:
We went to Lathangi since my dad bought one of the first Ecosports in Bangalore there, and it went on without a hitch.
Now though.... Horrible experience, and the sales adviser was a complete sham.
Ditto - My sales experience with Lathangi Ford between June - August 2013 was stellar, and far better than the unenthusiastic/arrogant SAs that Metro Ford had to offer in that time period. Its disheartening to hear of this attitude from Lathangi's sales division today, and I will be cautious of recommending Lathangi to anyone else unless I accompany them to handhold them/steer them away.

I have also used Lathangi A.S.S. exclusively previously, but that will also change given the plight of this customer, which was only resolved by the intervention of Ford India itself (LINK).
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th July 2016, 15:28   #10416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhenu View Post
...Super work, is there a way you could Sync up the sequencers

i turned on the Hazard lights when one indicator was already ON. Thats why they are out of sync otherwise they will be in Sync.
Old 29th July 2016, 20:53   #10417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravishankar999 View Post
Hi Guys,

I am in deep distress as my 2 year old (26k km) Ecosport tdci titanium (o) is showing water leakage into the passenger floor from under the glove box the second consecutive year.
When I first saw your post, I decided that I would be watchful for this when the rains pour over here. The rains here were pretty light and the car is usually parked in the basement so maybe I didn't have any problems but today I drove it in a slightly heavy downpour and parked it outside in the rain. Came back after a few hours and noticed that the passenger side foot well did have some water. Thanks to the 3d mats, the water hadn't seeped into the floor and I quickly got rid of it. I continued to drive it in the rain and the water was back in a while. My car is a 6 month old ecoboost and there's no way I'm going to let Ford open its dash for a niggle, there has to be a proper solution to this.
This is frankly frustrating and shows that Ford uses apes to assemble their cars.
Old 30th July 2016, 21:01   #10418
BHPian

I have come to the conclusion that upgrading the bulbs is pretty much useless because of a bad reflector design as mentioned here so I am contemplating on installing external lamps, mostly Hella Rallye? But I have no idea what model to look at. What's a decent option to look at for late evening highway drives.

Also, what kind of wiper blades fit the EcoSport? I'm thinking of ordering some from amazon.
Old 30th July 2016, 21:44   #10419
Senior - BHPian

Check if the water is seeping in due to blocked drainage holes in the front wiper drain pan area. (What is this called my mind is drawing a blank !)
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 21:58   #10420
Senior - BHPian

Just back from a late afternoon/evening (mini) highway drive. First time I've used my mini projectors for this lenght of time (about an hour an a half). It is most certainly a very big jump over stock & Nightbreakers/Xtreme Visions.
Good light spread focussed well on the road with sufficient brightness. Did not use the high beam very much - in spite of our dear courteous fellow Indian drivers insisting on hitting me with their high beams.
I can vouch for their effectiveness and state it is a risk worth taking buying these.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 01:36   #10421
BHPian

Re posting in this thread:

I got the chassis number from my dealer for the Ford Ecosport yesterday.

11th character - G (2016)
12th character - D (July)

Can someone please confirm, if above is correct?
Old 2nd August 2016, 03:28   #10422
BHPian

Guys, I am on the verge of booking ecosport and I need some help, I took two test drives from metro Ford, Bangalore and I am quite impressed by their sales team, but they are not negotiating anything on price, some of my pointers:

1. I have decided diesel titanium plus white or silver with additional accessories (engine guard, wheel cover, front bumper applique, illuminated front scuff plates, regular rear steel scuff plates, car body cover, 3M under body coating, 3M paint protection)

2. The only discount they want to give is for essential pack

3. Extended warranty is only one year (see attachment)

4. On road price is coming 12.10 lakhs, can I negotiate further on extended warranty and other accessories since I am getting most from them?

5. What about insurance, can I opt from outside or is it mandatory from dealer? If outside will I be saving anything?

6. How is metro Ford in terms of new vehicle booking? If any reference of their in-house staff can be given I would appreciate.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_20160802_032419.jpg  

Old 2nd August 2016, 08:41   #10423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
Guys, I am on the verge of booking ecosport and I need some help, I took two test drives from metro Ford, Bangalore and I am quite impressed by their sales team, but they are not negotiating anything on price, some of my pointers:

1. I have decided diesel titanium plus white or silver with additional accessories (engine guard, wheel cover, front bumper applique, illuminated front scuff plates, regular rear steel scuff plates, car body cover, 3M under body coating, 3M paint protection)

4. On road price is coming 12.10 lakhs, can I negotiate further on extended warranty and other accessories since I am getting most from them?

5. What about insurance, can I opt from outside or is it mandatory from dealer? If outside will I be saving anything?

6. How is metro Ford in terms of new vehicle booking? If any reference of their in-house staff can be given I would appreciate.
Congrats on your decision.

1. Ask for a bigger discount as you are buying a lot of accessories from then, if they don't budge shop around a bit and compare the prices.

3. You can get the 4th year warranty anytime before the warranty expires.

4. Metro Ford were offering 5K cash discount in June, ask them about it. Ask for corporate discount if you work in a corporate organisation. Also do not pay the handling fee, it is illegal. If they insist on this, write a mail to ford customer care and ask them to direct the dealer to waive it off, share some new paper clipping indicating handling fee as illegal. I got mine waived off at Cauvery ford after I wrote to Ford India.
Link Below
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...la-too-21.html (Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too)

5. Get your insurance outside, you will save a bit there. Dealer insurance for zero dep is 39K for 95% of ex showroom. I got my car's insurance for 35K for 11L IDV
speedmiester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 08:49   #10424
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post

Is this inclusive of all the accessories? If so, what is the price without these accessories? I get the sense it should be okay.

You can negotiate to get 2+2 Extended Warranty (Additional year). As speedmiester has suggested, get the handling charge waived off.

Also, I don't see a reverse camera in the list. I'd strongly recommend it.

Quote:
You should get it from outside. I got mine from New India for 21k including 0-dep, 9.5 IDV and engine protector add-on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Re posting in this thread:

I got the chassis number from my dealer for the Ford Ecosport yesterday.
Try on this website:

http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Ford

Last edited by libranof1987 : 2nd August 2016 at 08:55.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 09:18   #10425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Is this inclusive of all the accessories? If so, what is the price without these accessories? I get the sense it should be okay.

You can negotiate to get 2+2 Extended Warranty (Additional year). As speedmiester has suggested, get the handling charge waived off.

Also, I don't see a reverse camera in the list. I'd strongly recommend it.

You should get it from outside. I got mine from New India for 21k including 0-dep, 9.5 IDV and engine protector add-on.

Try on this website:

http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Ford
No, its not inclusive of accessories. See attachment for Accessory price list.

I guess i will loose auto dimming IRVM if i install the reverse camera, as it comes with Titanium plus, so a little bit confused there.

Metro ford is quoting ~39k for insurance, 21k is a superb deal breaker, how did you get at that price ? does it include bumper to bumper ? If i am getting insurance outside, what is the procedure ?

Quote:
Congrats on your decision.

1. Ask for a bigger discount as you are buying a lot of accessories from then, if they don't budge shop around a bit and compare the prices.

3. You can get the 4th year warranty anytime before the warranty expires.

4. Metro Ford were offering 5K cash discount in June, ask them about it. Ask for corporate discount if you work in a corporate organisation. Also do not pay the handling fee, it is illegal. If they insist on this, write a mail to ford customer care and ask them to direct the dealer to waive it off, share some new paper clipping indicating handling fee as illegal. I got mine waived off at Cauvery ford after I wrote to Ford India.
Link Below
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...la-too-21.html (Delhi Transport Dept tells Dealers to stop "Handling Charges" SCAM. EDIT: Telangana and Kerala too)

5. Get your insurance outside, you will save a bit there. Dealer insurance for zero dep is 39K for 95% of ex showroom. I got my car's insurance for 35K for 11L IDV
Yes they are offering the same 5k discount on their essential pack accessory, however i will negotiate for extended warranty, waiver of handling fees and additional discount on other accessories.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-joslin-002.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks