Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2016, 10:29   #10516
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
I have been to Hyderabad and while coming back today got a information message popped out saying "Engine Service Now". Message came around 970km, I got scared and called Ford Helpline, the guy asked if the color was red or orange, I said it's in amber with exclamatory sign and in dashboard with text. He asked me if I felt any changes in driving which I didn't, so he asked me to drive and Incase any red mark or if engine stopped asked them to call Helpline again.
From the EcoSport's manual, here is the corresponding message - notice its an amber warning not a red error, which was what the helpline person was enquiring about. Best to give it to the service center for them to look over and please remain with the car while they check.
Name:  20160816.png
Views: 10889
Size:  49.8 KB
Ideally, they should check for error codes (DTC codes) to see what is reported - try and see if you can get the details of the error codes so you can investigate further. These error codes are usually a letter followed by 4 digits (e.g. P2452). Alternatively, if you know someone who has an OBD-II scanner, you can use that to see which error codes are logged.

In any case, they should check and explain why the error codes came up, what remedial measure is taken/required. Often, the service centers have a habit of clearing error codes, which will remove the warning, and send the customer on their way hoping that it was just a glitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
The "Engine Service Now" message is rather strange; please have it checked from your SA immediately. Possibly something related to the fuel? Did you fill somewhere on the highway?
Good point.

Quote:
Earlier in sync vehicle settings I had changed chime to information, only warning was ticked, but I did change information also, is it because of this?
Quote:
Changing message/display settings should not have anything to do with a message related to the engine.
Yep, libranof1987 is right, changing the settings should not have caused the warning. Moreover, as shown above, this message is a warning (i.e. amber), whereas you only turned on the display of information messages (and warnings were already on). Information messages do not have a red/amber colour, the screenshot above has an example related to oil change.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 10:33   #10517
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on getting your car!

The "Engine Service Now" message is rather strange; please have it checked from your SA immediately.

Changing message/display settings should not have anything to do with a message related to the engine.

Possibly something related to the fuel? Did you fill somewhere on the highway?
Yes I did refill in the highway and they even tried to con me by jumping the nos. and for once the fuel indicator dropped close to empty, but again got increased, could this be due to fuel?

In Bangalore any good technical knowledgeable service center to resolve this, I don't want them to remove my dashboard and others which they had done to one BHPian.

@arunphilip, ya I saw the manual, in manual it says "engine malfunction service now", but I got "engine service now", not sure if both message are similar, I am planning to take to local mechanic before Ford to check the error codes.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 16th August 2016 at 10:51. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 16th August 2016, 11:00   #10518
BHPian

I am in the market for a replacement to my 7 year old Ritz Petrol. I am looking at the Ford Ecosport and S-Cross as possible replacement as I prefer a slightly high driving position.
Does anybody have an insight into when the 2017 Ford Ecosport is expected and what would be the changes/additional features. Does it make sense to wait for the new Ecosport as I am not in a big hurry.
Old 16th August 2016, 11:19   #10519
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to take to local mechanic before Ford to check the error codes.
You car is just 1-2 weeks old. Do you know a very capable and experienced local mechanic that you'd trust? If not, stick to Ford's service center, since your car is under warranty. Stay at the service center and ensure they keep you posted as to what they're checking.

Also, a suggestion - don't tell them right at the beginning about the diesel filling. Let them diagnose the issue from the error codes. Otherwise, they're liable to just tell you "Bad diesel", clear the errors, and tell you to fill up diesel from a reputed place. If they find it is related to the diesel, even then it will require some action - like cleaning the fuel filter, draining the water, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
Does anybody have an insight into when the 2017 Ford Ecosport is expected and what would be the changes/additional features. Does it make sense to wait for the new Ecosport as I am not in a big hurry.
Ford's product cycles - particularly in India - are very slow. People typically start sighting cars well over a year in advance of the release, then rumours build up, and then finally Ford takes their own sweet time to release a model.

In the recent past, Ford has tended to launch their products in the second half of the year, often to capture the festive season. If I were to guess, I'd say we won't get the new EcoSport until the latter part of 2017.

Changes expected are unknown - because the few sightings that have happened appear to mostly be of European models (with no spare on the boot).

Given you're not in a hurry, I'd personally suggest you wait until Jan/Feb 2017. By then there should hopefully be more info about the EcoSport's facelift. If the news is positive, then wait for it. If not, then go in for the current EcoSport, with the benefit of getting a 2017 manufactured car. Bear in mind that price revisions might occur (particularly for the facelift).

Of course, between now and then your heart might overrule your head, and force your hand!
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 11:32   #10520
BHPian

@arunphilip, yes I trust him and know him for 10+yrs, when I called him he said to take to Ford since I have warranty, so I am taking there and won't inform about diesel filling, will update here what they have to say. Thanks.
johnruben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 14:08   #10521
BHPian

Has anybody done a diy for the ORVMs to fit an autofold motor? I'm looking to do the same with my car. If not, can someone please provide me with the related links of parts required? I have not been able to find anything regarding Ecosport. TIA.
Old 16th August 2016, 15:10   #10522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I finally got my ecosport titanium plus diesel last week, I am due for a new ownership thread which I will do shortly, I have been to Hyderabad and while coming back today got a information message popped out saying "Engine Service Now". Message came around 970km, I got scared and called Ford Helpline, the guy asked if the color was red or orange, I said it's in amber with exclamatory sign and in dashboard with text. He asked me if I felt any changes in driving which I didn't, so he asked me to drive and Incase any red mark or if engine stopped asked them to call Helpline again. By God's grace we reached Bangalore with no issues.

I want to know what is this message?
Earlier in sync vehicle settings I had changed chime to information, only warning was ticked, but I did change information also, is it because of this? Why would new vehicle need engine service and when I untucked the chime, it never came back, had somebody experienced this?
It may be nothing except service reminder based on date of manufacture of engine. Can you please check your VIN & confirm the date of manufacture. You can check details on Etis.Ford website or the Ford App as well.

If this is not the case, there could be some real issue, but I do not think quality is a problem generally with Fords.
Old 16th August 2016, 16:40   #10523
BHPian

Rorschach aka New Ecoboost Golden Bronze Titanium+ is on road and already clocked 1200 now. Thanks to this thread for all the comments and replies to the great review, and solution to every problem

A teaser look. Sorry for the night mobile click clarity.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20160806_200606459.jpg  

Last edited by aneeshanand : 16th August 2016 at 16:41. Reason: apologies for image clarity
aneeshanand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 19:46   #10524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
Congrats on the new car. It seems that you took the car for a drive as part of the PDI. You probably wanted to ensure that this one again is not a lemon. Did the dealer agree to give you a drive?
Thanks Amit! The vehicle was transferred from their stock yard to showroom and it got dirty in the process since it was raining on that day. Though I did not take a test drive, the guys at Harpreet Ford Prashant Vihar, Delhi were very helpful and this by far has been the best buying experience I've had. I took the delivery and drove for straight 930 kms to reach Indore Made sure I drive within limits and varied RPM often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitheeshsreeram View Post
Hi Congrats on the new car. I have bought a polco for my ecosport. While the cover is good, it is too big for the car so a lot of portion is hanging very low making it susceptible to get dirty
Thanks for the info Nitheesh. I guess I would go for Coverwell since they make custom fit covers.
Old 16th August 2016, 19:54   #10525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil_d1106 View Post
Ecosport is looking at a facelift with very minor changes in the powerplant. Infact waiting will give you even more choices like the Tata Nexon, which looks very attractive and worth looking into.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 21:53   #10526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
Though I did not take a test drive, the guys at Harpreet Ford Prashant Vihar, Delhi were very helpful and this by far has been the best buying experience I've had
Congratulations on your new drive Sumit. Wishing you a countless happy miles with it. And yes I agree on your part. Even in Delhi, the sales support level at Harpreet Ford Prashant Vihar is a mountain above that of their Kirti Nagar Branch. I still remember my SA - Parminder at PV Harpreet ford, he is a gem of a person and he allowed me the longest test drive ever. ( Fond memories of vehicle purchasing activity ). It's always fun to buy a new vehicle.
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 09:58   #10527
BHPian

I used to have the ABS plastic engine guard by Ford and it worked well. Suddenly yesterday while I was checking the underbody noticed the skid plate is no longer there. A entire engine guard has disappeared.

This reminds me that the guard was attached to the body with 4 nut bolts. Last couple of days I have been driving one a very bad patch and those nuts somehow either got loosened or broke.

The skid plate is very very essential for me, hence I need another one. But I am not going to buy the same material again. In Aliexpress found one aluminium skid plate, how do you think this will be -

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-...a-02cf0123d97f

Anyone here has any aftermarket engine guard ?
Uprasenjit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 11:04   #10528
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
I used to have the ABS plastic engine guard by Ford and it worked well. Suddenly yesterday while I was checking the underbody noticed the skid plate is no longer there. A entire engine guard has disappeared.
Any chance you had your EcoSport serviced recently and they forgot to reattach it?

Quote:
In Aliexpress found one aluminium skid plate, how do you think this will be -
Ali Express Link
The Ali Express one looks smart, but the pricing is high - isn't that over Rs. 12k, without shipping/duties?

Quote:
I know a few members on the forum have fabricated metal engine guards locally. Would you like to consider that?

See sunilg33's ownership experience here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
A CRUDE ENGINE GUARD DONE
Was not much keen on the company supplied guard initially and hence was looking out for alternatives.
So total cost came to 2500 Rupees. Overall fit and finish was OK but at this cost I don't think we can complain. Overall weight of the guard after cutting is about 4.5 Kgs which is almost same as the one the company provides.

Last edited by arunphilip : 17th August 2016 at 11:09.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 11:04   #10529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This reminds me that the guard was attached to the body with 4 nut bolts. Last couple of days I have been driving one a very bad patch and those nuts somehow either got loosened or broke.

The skid plate is very very essential for me, hence I need another one. But I am not going to buy the same material again. In Aliexpress found one aluminium skid plate, how do you think this will be -

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-...a-02cf0123d97f

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3199577

Please check the above link.
Desmosedici is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2016, 17:23   #10530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
It may be nothing except service reminder based on date of manufacture of engine. Can you please check your VIN & confirm the date of manufacture. You can check details on Etis.Ford website or the Ford App as well.

If this is not the case, there could be some real issue, but I do not think quality is a problem generally with Fords.
My VIN shows Vehicle Build date as 20 July 2016.

I went to Metro ford Service center in Lingarajpuram, he connected OBD scanner and did self diagnose and found the following error:

P0830-00-28 - Clutch Pedal Failure

and there some other entries under P0830 like auto restoration or something, no idea about that.

Then the service guy told there is no error, I asked what is that P0830 error which is showing, he said its normal and he will clear the error for me, he asked me to bring the vehicle if the error comes on the screen and not to switch off the engine.

Meantime one more mishap had happened, i forgot to remove the Metro ford ribbon (tied during delivery) and had driven with it for 1000+km and because of wind, the ribbon created scratches on my bonnet and i felt very bad. Took it to 3M, they did Paint sealant advanced polish and all the minor scratches disappeared, all in all the day ended with smile again on my face, thanks you for your advice and suggestions.
johnruben is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed