Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2016, 14:21   #10576
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
Guys I've been hearing some kind of water flowing sound when the environment is quiet in my Ecoboost. I can hear it very clearly from the driver side AC vent and only when the AC is on. I had a similar issue in my swift and I ended up solving it by burping the coolant. So, I thought this must be the same thing in the Ecoboost as well and tried burping the coolant (By opening the coolant reservoir). This however had no effect on this sound. I then took it to the service Center and then they said this dashboard water noise is kind of common in ford cars but many don't notice it as it so faint and that it's not an issue. They burped the car again as well. The issue is still there, I can still hear the faint water noise especially near the AC vent. Any thoughts on this? Has anybody else have noticed this?
I've heard this noise too. It's really faint and only I am able to hear it in the car, but then I hear noises in others' cars also which even they don't

Let me know if you manage to find out the source of the problem and fix it.
Old 29th August 2016, 23:02   #10577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
+ 1.

I have been listening to this swishing sound on my bro-in-laws 2012 Figo, only when the AC is on. He is not sure of what it is.

Checked in a couple of other ford cars as well as far. They all had this noise when we literally look for it. I'm sure that people who don't pay much heed will never even know that this existed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I've heard this noise too. It's really faint and only I am able to hear it in the car, but then I hear noises in others' cars also which even they don't

Let me know if you manage to find out the source of the problem and fix it.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to find any solution for this and I think it's common in many cars. If it was just the coolant flowing the heater core due to trapped air or something, it would have been resolved easily. It isn't that sound and I think we'll have to put up with it. I'd rather ignore it since it's very faint and not causing much issue, than make my car worse by giving it to the service center.
Old 29th August 2016, 23:47   #10578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
Has anybody tried these spare wheel covers?. Costs just half if what is charged by Ford. Comes painted too.

http://www.industrybuying.com/automo...=stepney+cover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
I did look it up earlier, but due to lack of reviews - ended up buying from ford for 13k today
I wont recommend it after my hands on experience with one last weekend. I spoke to a local accessory shop (a reputed one) who had 2-3 varieties of these covers available The one with good/excellent quality was available for 4700 bucks so I thought to check it out.

Forget about the others, even the so called TOP QUALITY cover was hideous to look at and the finish was miles away from the one Ford offers. My suggestion, get the OEM cover if you think its necessary or add another 10-15k to get a projector/hid retrofit done to take care of the poor headlights of Ecosports.

By the way, how on earth can your dealer charge you 13k for this? The website itself lists it at 9999 bucks and I was offered a price of 9600 by dealers in Delhi and Indore.

Last edited by k.sumit : 29th August 2016 at 23:52.
k.sumit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 00:08   #10579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
By the way, how on earth can your dealer charge you 13k for this? The website itself lists it at 9999 bucks and I was offered a price of 9600 by dealers in Delhi and Indore.
In my case, the dealer was quoting 13.5k which he said was inclusive of the cost of painting and finishing as well as taxes. It doesn't come painted from the factory. The one that came with the style pack on my car was pre-painted, so the dealer quoted a price of 10k odd, which they said was taxes.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 01:45   #10580
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
In my case, the dealer was quoting 13.5k which he said was inclusive of the cost of painting and finishing as well as taxes. It doesn't come painted from the factory. The one that came with the style pack on my car was pre-painted, so the dealer quoted a price of 10k odd, which they said was taxes.
That's true, they get all in white and then paint at the service station (dealership). If fitted from factory (as a customization pack), obviously the fit and finish would also be great and I think it was for some 8k or something.

Since I already had the black edition (black pack on a Mars Red color), I couldn't get to add another customization for wheel cover. Per the dealer, they have option to add only one code (black pack or rear wheel cover or spoiler with led scuff plates etc.).

Quote:
if you think its necessary or add another 10-15k to get a projector/hid retrofit done to take care of the poor headlights of Ecosports.
It's absolutely necessary. I was ready to pay the price for this setup, however couldn't find any accessory shop who could do this for me without voiding the warranty. Many stated here, that there are plug n play options without voiding the warranty - probably will need to look more.

Can anyone recommend me a place at Hyderabad, who are capable of installing projector HIDs for ecosport without voiding the warranty. Please also mention the price range for the same, my requirement is to just improvise on the current brightness for highway drives.
Old 30th August 2016, 12:39   #10581
BHPian

Quote:

Can anyone recommend me a place at Hyderabad, who are capable of installing projector HIDs for ecosport without voiding the warranty. Please also mention the price range for the same, my requirement is to just improvise on the current brightness for highway drives.
I can't tell if they would do it without the warranty void but it looks like they do a lot of electrical modifications and warranty. It would be a good thing to pay them a visit may be?

http://motominds.in/
komalthecoolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 19:52   #10582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's absolutely necessary. I was ready to pay the price for this setup, however couldn't find any accessory shop who could do this for me without voiding the warranty. Many stated here, that there are plug n play options without voiding the warranty - probably will need to look more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
I can't tell if they would do it without the warranty void but it looks like they do a lot of electrical modifications and warranty. It would be a good thing to pay them a visit may be?

Another option if you guys are looking out for lighting on the highways only is to buy a pair of auxiliary lights like the Hella Rallye 3003(too good for the highways)

Install with a Separate wiring kit without any kind of tampering
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 19:55   #10583
BHPian

Quote:
Technically, your warranty remains intact since an HID setup is a complete plug and play solution and no wires are spliced. Unless the service center you visit is looking for an atrocious excuse to deny a claim, getting a projector retrofit will not void your warranty. Make a note that the warranty on headlights wont honored since you have modified them but then you have your installer who will take care of any issues in case they arise. Just make sure you get the retrofit done from an experienced installer.

A good retrofit will cost you anywhere between 20-30k based on the project type you choose.

Last edited by k.sumit : 30th August 2016 at 19:58.
k.sumit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 02:12   #10584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post

Thanks, this place is very close by to where I live. I will give them a visit over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Another option if you guys are looking out for lighting on the highways only is to buy a pair of auxiliary lights like the Hella Rallye 3003(too good for the highways)

Install with a Separate wiring kit without any kind of tampering
Is this even legal to have and drive on highways? I thought it was more for off-road activities at dusk.

By the way, I mentioned this before as well - I bought my Ecosport about 2 weeks back; after reading your ownership thread and mods list. Also I got most of the mods done like you did. The dealer did have a tough time answering me that it can't be done now, and probably back in 2013 - it would have been possible

I probably should meet you in person to get more clarifications
Eyas337 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2016, 12:12   #10585

Has anybody installed DRLs from Ford as an accessory after they have purchased the regular Trend or Titanium version of the car.

Also what is an average cost of the leatherite seats if anybody has got them done from an external vendor in Mumbai
Old 31st August 2016, 14:56   #10586
BHPian

Today saw a lot of ecosports "water wading" in Hyderabad.
Old 31st August 2016, 15:24   #10587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Today saw a lot of ecosports "water wading" in Hyderabad.
What do you mean? Doesn't this car have like 500mm "clearance" of driving in water? (I don't know the technical term for that)
Old 1st September 2016, 09:01   #10588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Ah ok, it appears that Ford have tuned the software/firmware with a focus towards fuel efficiency by shifting up quite quickly - which works fine for calm driving, but hampers in-gear driveability, necessitating a slow downshift. Sadly, I think this is due to a majority of the Indian market being very focused on mileage...
Quote:
Originally Posted by srvshaun View Post
Everything seems great on the Ecosport - except for maybe the fuel efficiency. I am getting 12-13 KMPL with mostly rush hour driving on outer ring road in Bangalore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkat View Post
Hi srvshaun ;
I brought the new Ecosport 1.5l TDCI Titanium version with 2 airbags , initially for the first 2 tankfuls I got 13kmpl , and after that for last 2 tankful with sedate driving I got 18.63kmpl and 16.87kmpl , route to office is Malleswaram to Jigani to and fro 76kms I have covered about 2000kms in last one month...
So some interesting observation. The MID shows a fuel efficiency of 13.1 KMPL (my daily drive is dense traffic on ORR, Bangalore). This is when I got apprehensive of the Ecosport TDCI FE.

However, when I calculate on tankful to tankful method - the efficiency comes to 14.5 to 15 KMPL. Litres / MID Trip - I have checked the MID tripmeter for accuracy and the trip meter distance travelled calculations seem fine.

I have seen instances of MID showing inflated FE in some of the cars (Maruti - looking at you!) - however, this is new. The actual efficiency is nearly 15% more than what is shown by the MID FE. Views?
Old 1st September 2016, 09:39   #10589
BHPian

@srvshaun

Yes, this is true. I experienced the same with my Fiesta in the past and the Ecosport now, regarding fuel efficiency.

Last edited by bageherath : 1st September 2016 at 09:40.
bageherath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2016, 09:46   #10590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvshaun View Post
The MID shows a fuel efficiency of 13.1 KMPL (my daily drive is dense traffic on ORR, Bangalore). However, when I calculate on tankful to tankful method - the efficiency comes to 14.5 to 15 KMPL. The actual efficiency is nearly 15% more than what is shown by the MID FE.
Hm, that is weird. For the first few months, I was calculating mileage and comparing to MID, and found the difference was just 0.1 km/L. Since then, I've never manually calculated.

To rule out any other reasons for the variance you're seeing - a) are you using auto-cutoff when topping up? Also, are you topping up at the same fuel station each time? b) Are you resetting the MID each time you top up?

A slightly extreme step might be to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes, to reset the ECU and other firmware - you might want to get this done at Ford's service center if you're not comfortable with it.

Btw, the comment of mine that you quoted was a discussion about the petrol automatic, not a diesel. Just thought you should know, in case you thought my comments were about the TDCi.
OT - You get 15 km/L on the Bangalore ORR! Man, I'm jealous

EDIT: Seeing bageherath and rajeev k's comments, I'm tempted to recheck MID vs. tank-to-tank once again. It'll be a while though, since I topped up recently.

Last edited by arunphilip : 1st September 2016 at 10:04.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks