Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2016, 02:14   #10621
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Did you get to check out their store? Did you guys meet? I have a friend who's been waiting to get such lights on his car. He might be visiting Hyderabad next month for just 2 days and would be interested in this.
I went to motominds store and india decars as well (banjara hills). Nothing great to speak about motominds and I felt the prices quoted were high as well. India decars was good and had options for ecosport mods.

I did visit another store in Madhapur (Xenex) and got few mods done today. The store is big and Amar (owner) is very polite & genuine. Planning to get the projectors / HID done tomorrow after checking out the options.

Sorry Ecosport rules, couldn't get back to you earlier. I was down sick since past 1 week. PM'd my number, will call you tomorrow.
Eyas337 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 10:25   #10622
BANNED

Guys, my colleague has a Ecosport 1.5L Petrol Trend variant.

He has damaged the spare wheel and is looking for another one.

Can I know the cost of the spare wheel?

Any links in Hyderabad where I can get a discarded one? I mean there would be owners would have ditched the steel wheels for aftermarket alloys.
Old 10th September 2016, 10:45   #10623
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Guys, my colleague has a Ecosport 1.5L Petrol Trend variant. He has damaged the spare wheel and is looking for another one. Can I know the cost of the spare wheel?
If he's looking for just a steel rim (without a tyre), it should be cheap, around 1000 or so. If he needs a tire also, then it will add another 4000 or so based on make. The Trend runs on 15" rims.

If its just the rim, best to buy it from Ford (although some reputed alloy dealers also stock OEM rims) given the low cost. I've seen that normal tire shops sell reconditioned rims that are repainted to look new, and once doesn't know what stresses/repairs it might have been through in its earlier life. If he's lucky, he might come across an alloy/tyre dealer whose just exchanged someone's rims for alloys.
Old 10th September 2016, 10:56   #10624
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
If he's looking for just a steel rim (without a tyre), it should be cheap, around 1000 or so. If he needs a tire also, then it will add another 4000 or so based on make. The Trend runs on 15" rims.

If its just the rim, best to buy it from Ford (although some reputed alloy dealers also stock OEM rims) given the low cost. I've seen that normal tire shops sell reconditioned rims that are repainted to look new, and once doesn't know what stresses/repairs it might have been through in its earlier life. If he's lucky, he might come across an alloy/tyre dealer whose just exchanged someone's rims for alloys.
Thanks Arun.

He is looking only for the steel rim. Isn't the tyre spec 195/65 R15 for Trend variant? Can I know the rim spec?
Old 10th September 2016, 11:20   #10625
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, my colleague has a Ecosport 1.5L Petrol Trend variant.

He has damaged the spare wheel and is looking for another one.
Dear a4anurag,

Just a stupid question - how does one damage a wheel - specially the spare wheel? Just curious.
This could give me an idea of 'what not to do'....

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Old 10th September 2016, 11:27   #10626
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post

Dear a4anurag,

Just a stupid question - how does one damage a wheel - specially the spare wheel? Just curious.
No no. I am sorry for putting it that way.

He has actually damaged the front left wheel so the 'spare wheel' has been placed in the front left position.

Now he has no "spare wheel" that he could require in case of a puncture.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 11:35   #10627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Arun.

He is looking only for the steel rim. Isn't the tyre spec 195/65 R15 for Trend variant? Can I know the rim spec?
Trend variant
195/65 R15
Width 6j
PCD 108
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 11:37   #10628
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Anurag, the tyre spec is correct, its 195/65 R15 for the Trend. The rim is 6.0J X 15".
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 12:31   #10629
BHPian

Quote:
No no. I am sorry for putting it that way.

He has actually damaged the front left wheel so the 'spare wheel' has been placed in the front left position.

Now he has no "spare wheel" that he could require in case of a puncture.
Ah! Ha!
Now that makes sense!
In my Jazz, the spare is 'different', so if this happens then I will have to get a new wheel and put the spare back!

By the way, I am still curious - how did he damage the wheel?

Another 'by the way' , is the damaged wheel totally useless? Can it not be kept as a temporary back up - at least till he gets the real spare?

Girish Mahajan
Old 10th September 2016, 12:59   #10630
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
By the way, I am still curious - how did he damage the wheel? Another 'by the way' , is the damaged wheel totally useless? Can it not be kept as a temporary back up - at least till he gets the real spare?
I'm taking a guess here, as I don't know what happened in Anurag's friend's case - but usually impact on the edge of a pothole, or a pavement, or a stone, can easily dent a steel rim. Very small dents don't pose a problem, but larger ones will cause tire pressure loss. Larger dents can be hammered back into shape provided the damage is not too extensive.

Depending on the extent of damage and quality of repair, it can be kept as a spare-only tire (i.e. use 4-wheel rotation only thereafter, and use the spare only to get the main tire fixed).

Given the relative cheapness of steel rims, its equally fine to replace it for a sense of confidence, and the ability to use 5-wheel rotation.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 20:31   #10631
BHPian

I can't seem to find any reviews of 1.5 Petrol MT version of Ecosport. Is it that bad? I found it to be the better of the Petrol and Diesel versions I test drove, but I also have my suspicions on that particular Diesel TD car. Has everyone who's bought diesel have done it after trying out both? My requirements are 95% in city drive for around 1000Km per month but I don't want to take Ecoboost.
Old 10th September 2016, 23:47   #10632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
I went to motominds store and india decars as well (banjara hills). Nothing great to speak about motominds and I felt the prices quoted were high as well. India decars was good and had options for ecosport mods.

I did visit another store in Madhapur (Xenex) and got few mods done today. The store is big and Amar (owner) is very polite & genuine. Planning to get the projectors / HID done tomorrow after checking out the options.

Sorry Ecosport rules, couldn't get back to you earlier. I was down sick since past 1 week. PM'd my number, will call you tomorrow.
It was a pleasure talking to you
Let's us know how the 3.2 inch projectors are performing?
Old 11th September 2016, 00:21   #10633
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I can't seem to find any reviews of 1.5 Petrol MT version of Ecosport. Is it that bad? I found it to be the better of the Petrol and Diesel versions I test drove, but I also have my suspicions on that particular Diesel TD car. My requirements are 95% in city drive for around 1000Km per month but I don't want to take Ecoboost.
The 1.5 petrol engine is a decent engine. It doesn't get much attention due to the "sexiness" of the EcoBoost, and the practicality and driveability of the 1.5 TDCi diesel engine.

I would describe the 1.5 petrol as a competent and unexciting engine. And unexciting is not a bad thing - for someone who drives sedately and doesn't do very aggressive overtakes, they'll find it perfectly capable. The added bonus is that since its naturally aspirated, it will have a very linear and progressive feel to it, unlike the diesel and EcoBoost which both have turbo lag and a surge (both are more pronounced in the EcoBoost).

For your driving of 1000 km per month, of which a majority is in the city, the 1.5 petrol is a very good choice, provided it is suited to your driving style. The only drawback I see is that the 1.5 petrol manual is not available in the top-end Titanium+ variant with 6 airbags. The 1.5 petrol manual tops out at Titanium.

For Team BHP's view of the 1.5 petrol engine, you can check the 2011 Fiesta's review.

Quote:
Has everyone who's bought diesel have done it after trying out both?
I'm pretty sure that people trying out the diesel wouldn't have test-driven the 1.5 petrol Also, for a long time, TD vehicles were usually either the diesel, EcoBoost or AT, so its good you were able to TD the 1.5 petrol manual.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 00:29   #10634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
The 1.5 petrol engine is a decent engine.....

For Team BHP's view of the 1.5 petrol engine, you can check the 2011 Fiesta's review.
Thanks for the reply! I just read the review and also the reviews of the Diesel engine owners here. Wow. I feel exactly the opposite. I felt the Diesel has lag and sudden surge and petrol was smooth and gradual. May be because I'm used to my i10 petrol? Need to ask around for someone to test drive a non test drive petrol and diesel side by side. Still confused.
Old 11th September 2016, 00:43   #10635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I can't seem to find any reviews of 1.5 Petrol MT version of Ecosport. My requirements are 95% in city drive for around 1000Km per month but I don't want to take Ecoboost.
People who bought 1.5 Petrol are happy with it.
Looks like it is a match for your requirement

Most Viewed