Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2016, 19:43   #10831
vsh
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Yes, its ECOSPORT trend+. After lot of dilemma, finally went ahead with the urban SUV.
Dropped i20 as we already have it in the family and my brother (i20) also pushed me towards Ecosport. I have booked diamond white.

Thank you all the bhpians for your inputs and guidance.
Old 27th October 2016, 21:35   #10832
BHPian

Hey Guy's.
Posting here regarding my aunts Ecosport Ecoboost model,year and a half old, Done only 7.9k km.

I just happened to check under the hood since I found the engine clatter sounding a bit like a sewing machine with little screeching sounds when pressing the accelerator, later I checked a couple of you tube videos and found similar behavior but would like to confirm if this is usual...

But the main issues I can see is with the coolant. I can see the coolant liquid bubbling or boiling or jumping around near the outlet where the pipe connects with the coolant tank.
Now I'm not sure if this is due to the engine vibration that's causing the coolant to shake about,coz the engine really shakes while idel but I find the coolant tank to be firm and the coolant near the other side of the tank remains stable, only the area near the pipes seem to be bubbling/ jumping about.:what:

I don't have any video or pics since the car is with my aunt and you can't really make out in the dark.

Has any Ecoboost owner seen such behavior??
Before taking it to the service center which can cause more harm then good,any insight would be great

Regards
Old 28th October 2016, 00:55   #10833
BHPian

Fellow Ecosport owners -
Have been having very tough time with severe blind spots created by thick A pillars, especially the one to the drivers side (right). While driving on a right curve or taking a right turn, it literally blocks the entire view. Every time I take a turn, I need to lean forwards a lot to gain visibility.

Note: I'm 5'11 and adjust the seat to the tallest possible position with a slight inclination on the rear support. Also push it back, so that my legs aren't cramped up.

I would like to hear on how you folks have been handling this issue.

Last edited by Eyas337 : 28th October 2016 at 00:57.
Old 28th October 2016, 05:54   #10834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Fellow Ecosport owners -
Have been having very tough time with severe blind spots created by thick A pillars, especially the one to the drivers side (right). While driving on a right curve or taking a right turn, it literally blocks the entire view. Every time I take a turn, I need to lean forwards a lot to gain visibility.

Note: I'm 5'11 and adjust the seat to the tallest possible position with a slight inclination on the rear support. Also push it back, so that my legs aren't cramped up.

Those thick A pillars are certainly a bit of a problem in terms of blind spots. I drive in a pushed back and angled, 'seat tallest' position like you.
One has to be extra alert in taking turns at junctions etc and lean forward when required.
Old 28th October 2016, 10:11   #10835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post

Hi ,been driving ES past 3 years .Yes, Initially I had difficulty with the thick "A" pillar but gradually got used to it .
Old 28th October 2016, 11:45   #10836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi2390 View Post
Will be getting it in January. Any idea when 2017 makes will be out? Showroom people said only by Feb end or march so I might be forced to go for 2016 makes and push for some discounts
(I actually don't mind as this is a long term proposition for me)
Having worked for Ford I can say that 2016 VIN will be stopped in December and stock clearance will be carried out. The lines will be loaded with 2017 VIN in the last few weeks of December. So i don't think its necessary for you to wait till Feb 2017 to get one with 2017 VIN

January 2017 can have deliveries with 2017 VIN unless your dealer doesn't want to order 2017 stocks. As you mentioned pushing of 2016 stock will be there and that also depends on the dealers stock position

Cheers
Self Driven is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 13:34   #10837
BHPian

Guys, does Ecosport have "follow me lights". I was pretty sure I saw that while researching about Ecosport but I can't find about it online. Just wanted to know if the feature exists and if yes, how do I set it?
Old 28th October 2016, 14:43   #10838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Guys, does Ecosport have "follow me lights". I was pretty sure I saw that while researching about Ecosport but I can't find about it online. Just wanted to know if the feature exists and if yes, how do I set it?
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-follow-me-home.jpg

Hope this is what you are looking for

Apart from this the Signature Light guide(2016 models) light up and stay lit for 30 seconds(if i am not wrong) for every opening of door.

Cheers
Self Driven is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2016, 18:16   #10839
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone noticed: the indicator relay is slightly trippy.

Every once a while, the indicator relay loses sync and has irregular "click" sounds; haven't paid attention to whether the bulb flashes lose their rhythm too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
Apart from this the Signature Light guide(2016 models) light up and stay lit for 30 seconds(if i am not wrong) for every opening of door.

Cheers
They stay on for ~10 sec I believe, haven't counted really. But only until you lock the doors.

So, not exactly follow-me-home.
Old 31st October 2016, 16:47   #10840
BHPian

So I had my first experience with rains in my Ecosport yesterday. I had two observations.

I initially thought the headlights were bright enough and people were complaining for no reason. It did feel that way until it started raining and then I had to check if the lights were on or not! What is a good upgrade for the existing lights? Change the bulb or go the projector-HID route?

Also, I noticed the wiper speed at the lowest lever setting was varying at different times. Almost erratic. Is it because of the auto rain sensing wipers or do I need to get it checked?
Old 31st October 2016, 17:01   #10841

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
Yes, its ECOSPORT trend+. After lot of dilemma, finally went ahead with the urban SUV.
Dropped i20 as we already have it in the family and my brother (i20) also pushed me towards Ecosport. I have booked diamond white.

Thank you all the bhpians for your inputs and guidance.
Hello Vsh, please keep us updated about your buying and driving experience. I also own a Dzire VDI and am looking out for a new car. Ecosport is also in consideration. I'd love to know the views of Dzire owner about Ecosport.
Old 1st November 2016, 01:34   #10842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
I initially thought the headlights were bright enough and people were complaining for no reason. It did feel that way until it started raining and then I had to check if the lights were on or not! What is a good upgrade for the existing lights? Change the bulb or go the projector-HID route?

Also, I noticed the wiper speed at the lowest lever setting was varying at different times. Almost erratic. Is it because of the auto rain sensing wipers or do I need to get it checked?
Not sure if you drove on highways yet during night. I found both high / low beam very bad with stock setup. Upgraded to projectors (Genome @ 20k - voids headlight warranty as they need to cut open the setup which is sealed) and am satisfied with high beam. For the low beam, the throw is not far but okay (mostly use the high beam in city as well and hoping I'm not blinding the oncoming traffic).

Regarding wiper speed - have a similar exp in mine too. I think we both need to explore the manual a lot on this and nothing to be checked.

Last edited by Eyas337 : 1st November 2016 at 01:36.
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:12   #10843
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1571660

Hope this is what you are looking for

Cheers
Thanks. These do work. Tried it and the headlights stay on for 30 secs post locking the car.

Cheers.
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 11:34   #10844
BHPian

SYNC EXPERIENCE

Hi Guys, I own a Golden Bronze TDCi TITANIUM. this is my second car with the SYNC music system. Now the issue is

1. In the "options tab" while playing music there is this SHUFFLE command. Turn it on and change the song it gets shuffled once. do it again the next song will play without shuffling it to a random next song. Anyone is on the same page?

2. Use SYNC voice command option and read out the "play track ...." command. it does not recognise it most of the time and plays one particular song of its choice every time

DEALER EXPERIENCE

Booked first free service as Quick Service and showed up at Metro Ford. Service advisor takes the car and puts it up the ramp, checks the systems, Battery and gives a clean chit. Another guy puts it on the ground and tops up the fluids as per requirement. One service engineer just jumps in with his soiled clothes and another one used a plastic cover that is generally used for sitting inside the car

Its already an hour and the service advisor tells me that the car will be delivered in few minutes since i opted out of the car wash. I am neither new to Ford nor Metro Ford, so called up the team lead whom i interact everytime and asked him whether the service advisor will ask me if I have any complaints. Then he realises that not even this basic routine was done

He asks me what is the issue i am facing. i told that the AC unit does not give any cold air at 23 deg C and starts cooling at 22.5 deg and below. Then he calls up his guy and they connect to the OBD to rewrite the HVAC program. Now its doing its job perfectly

I learnt the hard way that its not just the Company or Dealer alone decides on customer satisfaction. One service advisor is enough to shake up a customer's confidence about the company
Old 2nd November 2016, 12:02   #10845
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
SYNC EXPERIENCE

1. In the "options tab" while playing music there is this SHUFFLE command. Turn it on and change the song it gets shuffled once. do it again the next song will play without shuffling it to a random next song. Anyone is on the same page?

Shuffle works well and keeps playing random songs if enabled.

2. Use SYNC voice command option and read out the "play track ...." command. it does not recognise it most of the time and plays one particular song of its choice every time

I find the voice commands too slow and has an issue with the accent So i have tried it a couple of times just for the heck of it but i seriously think its a waste of a feature. I dont want to twist my mouth and tongue to call someone or play a song.

I learnt the hard way that its not just the Company or Dealer alone decides on customer satisfaction. One service advisor is enough to shake up a customer's confidence about the company

So very true.

My replies in bold.

Cheers,
Raj

Mod Note : Please do NOT reply to posts using bold text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers. Additionally, it's inconvenient to quote & reply to such a post.

For the correct way to quote, please see this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by bblost : 2nd November 2016 at 12:06. Reason: Please check the edited post.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks