Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2016, 09:27   #10906
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Had it checked during my first service as well - service personnel checked for about 30 mins with AC ON - and finally said, "that's the best, this cooled glove box can do - it's only for name sake Sir".

Anyone else facing similar issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Even i faced the Glovebox cooling issue and whatever you have mentioned happened with me as well. I also checked several other Ecosports at the workshop and same result.

Cheers,
Raj
+1. The cooled glove box is in name only. I removed the glove box and checked that the vent behind is so small and the connection to the glove box leaks out half the air as well. It's cooled in name only. I won't heat the bottle but sure as hell doesn't keep it AC chill.
Old 1st December 2016, 10:50   #10907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post

Anyone else facing similar issue?
Yes, its just for Name sake ,absolutely no cooling .
Old 2nd December 2016, 11:15   #10908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
You can replace the stock one with sparco antennae. This would not harm any warranty. Quality or reception is almost the same. Be wary, that the back one's will lose color and become greyish, and grey one's will have rusting and become black. Buy from local accessory store as their cost is 3-4 times on the online stores I checked.
I too had the problem with the long atenna in the layered parking in my office so I ordered this from Aliexpress which looks just like the Sparco antenna but the reception is horrible. I don't get coverage half of the time. Do you personally have experience with this? Did I fix it in the wrong way?
Old 2nd December 2016, 12:28   #10909
BHPian

Hi I too have a similar problem with my car. Has anybody tried the shark fin type of antennae ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
I too had the problem with the long atenna in the layered parking in my office so I ordered
Old 2nd December 2016, 17:14   #10910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
I don't get coverage half of the time. Do you personally have experience with this? Did I fix it in the wrong way?
Yes, I have been using the Sparko Antennae for more than a Year, I don't have single issue with reception. If its not shaking and is firmly fixed than it's not the installation that's faulty but the piece. If its a bit lose, use other screw for fixing from the packaging.
Old 2nd December 2016, 17:47   #10911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Unless you were ripping through corners(screech is expected), the screech is most likely from the front suspension to me. Put it on a ramp and get it checked at authorized service center. The smell if because of excessive de-clutch resulting in burning of clutch. Smell is common and things get back to normal once the clutch cools off.
It seems the issue was with the passenger seat drawer storage. A little early to draw any conclusions. I will be happy if that's the case.
Old 3rd December 2016, 17:30   #10912

Has anyone updated to Sync v5.9? What are the changes / improvements if any?
Old 6th December 2016, 18:30   #10913
BHPian

People. Finally acquired my Black Mamba - The Ford EcoSport 1.5(P) Titanium (Black)! Will be spicing it up at the earliest. Thanks to the forum, was able to make my decision. Looking forward to sharing my experiences and drives, along with ownership reports of the same.
Madmax_SP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 18:52   #10914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax_SP View Post
People. Finally acquired my Black Mamba - The Ford EcoSport 1.5(P) Titanium (Black)! Will be spicing it up at the earliest. Thanks to the forum, was able to make my decision. Looking forward to sharing my experiences and drives, along with ownership reports of the same.
I too am looking at the Ecosport 1.5 Petrol manual, but at the the exact opposite end of the variant spectrum from yours.
Unfortunately, the petrol variant was not available during the official review and I could not find any useful ownership reviews on the same too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
If the engine and transmission are reviewed over several ownership threads, what is your hesitation?

What are the other aspects that you'd need to be reviewed before you could book the car?
Since the car has been around for quite some time now, I would have liked to read the perspective from the owner on its long term ownership. There are a few AT reviews but that is not what I am looking at.

Nevertheless, I was quite happy with the test drive I had and found the 1.5 performance quite satisfactory. In fact, its performance was the closest that I could have to my current 1.6 Palio in my budget of 8L, even better in some areas. Its cabin was super silent, something I appreciate and always look for.
Even the ingress/egress was quite easy and my parents found that quite comfortable.
The only fly would be a slightly narrow backseat but I am ready to ignore it.

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 6th December 2016 at 19:04.
Old 6th December 2016, 18:55   #10915
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I too am looking at the Ecosport 1.5 Petrol manual, but at the the exact opposite end of the variant spectrum from yours.
Unfortunately, the petrol variant was not available during the official review and I could not find any useful ownership reviews on the same too.
If the engine and transmission are reviewed over several ownership threads, what is your hesitation?

What are the other aspects that you'd need to be reviewed before you could book the car?
Old 6th December 2016, 22:45   #10916
BHPian

Finally took the plunge and picked an Ecosport titanium+ diesel.
Thanks team-bhp members for the innumerable posts and ownership experiences I've scanned theough; and especially to Vid for a superbly written review.
Sharing pic from the first day ride!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-15304584_10154709432009593_1042416102429107016_o.jpg  

anurag.somani is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 00:06   #10917
BHPian

A heartiest congratulations to Madmax and Anurag. A warm welcome to the Ecosport's owner's family. Wishing you both countless miles of happiness on your new ride. Please keep us posted on all mods that you do / plan to do on your ride.
BB311 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 13:03   #10918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
A heartiest congratulations to Madmax and Anurag. A warm welcome to the Ecosport's owner's family. Wishing you both countless miles of happiness on your new ride. Please keep us posted on all mods that you do / plan to do on your ride.
First and foremost, will need to add a front and rear protection against Delhi traffic! The hectic life in the city delaying the installation. Suggestions and recommendations are highly desired, considering this being my 1st set of wheels.
Thanks in advance.
Old 7th December 2016, 16:25   #10919
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your ride, Madmax and Anurag.
I just completed my 10K service for my Ecosport yesterday. Never thought I would complete 10K in under 6 months. But the car has been a dream and 90% of my drives are on highways. Planning for another 2-3K Kms run by month end.
Old 7th December 2016, 18:01   #10920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax_SP View Post
First and foremost, will need to add a front and rear protection against Delhi traffic! .
I would advice you to stay away from front protection: Bull Gaurds. As they do interfere with the airbags deployment and its no use spending over a million on a car for its safety and than destroying it for a few nicks, whose total repair cost will not be more than 10k in the whole life of car (for average person). Also, believe me on this, Ecosport is too well built to get bumper damage easily, already tested this on Noida roads. If you still insist to proceed with this, go for a nudge gaurd from hammer heads. It will be around 12k, and it does not interfere with Airbags' sensor.

For rear protection, options are plenty and quality is same accross all offerings. Rear bull gaurd is suggested, however, bear in mind, a wrongly placed rear gaurd will make the rear parking sensor useless, and its always prone to rattle and allignment issues.
BB311 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks