Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2017, 09:12   #11011
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmanju View Post
I got the delivery of my petrol ecosport ambient variant today. Hate ford for not providing head rests for the rear passengers. Not sure how much they saved money by skipping this
Congrats Manju and welcome to the family of Eco Sport, you can add some extra cushion to make a decent head & neck rest while fitting the seat covers.
Old 19th January 2017, 16:53   #11012
BHPian

A new version EcoSport Platinum is launched, gets cruise control

http://www.motoroids.com/news/ford-e...nr-10-39-lakh/
junky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 18:50   #11013
BHPian

Ecosport platinum edition annonced by Ford for diesel and turbo petrol variants.

Source: Ford India's tweet.
Link
Old 21st January 2017, 17:02   #11014
VMG
BHPian

How accurate is FE shows by the display unit. I got 16.5 in my Ecosport automatic while driving in highway. Mine is just one month old and maintained speed of 100km.
Old 21st January 2017, 18:19   #11015
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
How accurate is FE shows by the display unit.
In my EcoSport (EcoBoost, manual transmission), I found the FE calculation in the mid to be very accurate - with a variance of 0.1 km/L at the most. It was good enough that I stopped manually calculating using the tankful method. In my case, I always stop filling petrol at the first automatic cut-off in the fuel dispenser, to ensure consistency.

I would suggest you manually calculate your mileage for the first few tankfuls just to confirm that what is displayed matches your calculation (and do remember to reset the MID after each tankful). Once you have the confidence the MID is accurate, you can stop the manual calculation.

Quote:
I got 16.5 in my Ecosport automatic while driving in highway. Mine is just one month old and maintained speed of 100km.
That is very good mileage for such a new car. I'm sure you drove gently without aggressive acceleration.

The DPS6 dual-clutch gearbox in your EcoSport is geared for fuel economy, so it upshifts very quickly all the way through to 6th. Also, since it has six ratios to play with, it is able to exploit the engine better.

Congratulations on your new EcoSport and happy mile-munching!
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2017, 11:48   #11016
BHPian

Hi folks,

I am trying to locate the "sync updates" section on the ford website but unable to do so.

Could someone please share a link?

Any help would be appreciated !
Old 22nd January 2017, 13:11   #11017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.purswani View Post
Hi folks,

I am trying to locate the "sync updates" section on the ford website but unable to do so.

Could someone please share a link?

Any help would be appreciated !
You need to be registered at the ford owners website for sync updates. If You are not registered visit Ford Owners site and you can register your self here.

Then follow the instructions found here (The software update section) to get the updates
blackbandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 14:11   #11018
BHPian

Quote:
How accurate is FE shows by the display unit. I got 16.5 in my Ecosport automatic while driving in highway. Mine is just one month old and maintained speed of 100km.
In my experience (TDCi Titanium) , its very accurate. I used to measure manually (Full tank method) and keep an eye on the display unit also initially but since it was always around than .5-1 or less units difference, I stopped bothering with manually keeping track.

Last edited by sharninder : 23rd January 2017 at 14:12. Reason: Added extra detail
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 16:09   #11019
BHPian

I have a 2014 EcoSport (1.0) Titanium version.
I have 2 tiny kids and long drives can be quite cumbersome and boreing for them.
I want to install a flip-down DVD player for the rear seats Or the headrest mounted screens ? What would be a better option ?

I do not want too much of cutting wires and general fooling around with the electrical of the vehicle.
Old 23rd January 2017, 16:22   #11020
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
I want to install a flip-down DVD player for the rear seats Or the headrest mounted screens ? What would be a better option ? I do not want too much of cutting wires and general fooling around with the electrical of the vehicle.
Why not a 3rd option of getting a tablet mount that fits onto the stems of the headrest and playing movies via that? Something that looks like the following?
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-headresttabletholderbyipadket.jpg Ford EcoSport : Official Review-hrhcouni_1_type_11.jpg

Those can be powered off the 12V socket - particularly the one near the right rear door - without any wiring changes, and best of all, can be removed from the car when not doing long trips (so its safer when giving for service, valet parking, usable elsewhere, etc.).

Of course, that is making an assumption that you are OK with playing movies via a tablet, and have movies readily available in those formats.

If you do prefer to use a DVD-based player, then I would personally prefer the headrest mounted screens, as I'm not sure how securely an aftermarket roof-mounted player will be.

Also, is yours a Titanium (O) with 6 airbags, or Titanium with 2? If its 6 airbags, then you'll have to ensure that any wiring done for the roof-mounted player runs along the centre of the headliner and not above any of the doors, since that's where the curtain airbags are situated. Any wiring for the headrest-mounted player must also steer clear of the side airbags mounted on the outsides of the front seats.

Last edited by arunphilip : 23rd January 2017 at 16:24.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 19:37   #11021
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Why not a 3rd option of getting a tablet mount that fits onto the stems of the headrest and playing movies via that? Something that looks like the following?
[
+1 to this simple, VFM and a portable idea.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20170123-19.41.27.jpg

Have been using something similar in my Ertiga for my daughter's long drive entertainment needs

Last edited by paragsachania : 23rd January 2017 at 19:48.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 11:38   #11022
BHPian

Quote:
I was on the lookout for something of this sort but changed my mind due to the fact that the passenger seat in my Figo 1.5D shakes way too much if unoccupied; don't know if that is the case with Ecosport seats; but in Figo it's visual and audible shakes.

If the passenger seat is occupied then there's no issue.

I went ahead with a good quality mobile holder and fix it on rear window for my daughter to watch her videos while being seated in her child seat. Yes, it cannot hold a big tab but it's good enough and really makes the journey enjoyable for her and for us too!

It's exactly like this one:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20111103014357.jpg
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 15:22   #11023
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton Arun , a really simple idea. Never thought about it
Also cost effective.
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 15:33   #11024
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Thanks a ton Arun , a really simple idea. Never thought about it. Also cost effective.
You're welcome, Endless.

In fact, since you're interested in this as an option, I noticed that although its not available for the EcoSport, Ford India offers the following 'Rear Seat Entertainment' accessory for the Figo, priced at ₹ 16,871.

At that price, I probably wouldn't recommend getting the accessory from Ford (since accessories are where dealers make healthy margins). However, you can ask your dealer if he can provide you a demo of the kit, just to see its fit and finish, how it can integrate (e.g. the FM transmitter is a nice touch, it also has a built-in DVD player), and how the quality of the mount feels.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-overlayrearseatentertainment.jpg

Quote:
  • 9" LED backlit panel for exceptional picture quality
  • Built in DVD Player compatible with DVD/VCD/MP3/MP4/CD-R/CDRW/DIVX
  • USB/SD/MMC slot
  • Wireless remote control for easy access
  • Built in HDMI port
  • Tilt adjustable for comfortable viewing angle
  • Built in FM transmitter – Can use the car audio speakers for sound
  • Touch buttons for easy control
  • Can be hand carried
  • High Grade automotive mount used
  • Powered through 12V power point in the car
URL: https://www.india.ford.com/cars/figo...overlay-7.html
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 15:40   #11025
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Those can be powered off the 12V socket - particularly the one near the right rear door
Did not know that Ecosport has a charging point near the rear right door. Can you share pictures of the same.

Most Viewed