Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2017, 16:57   #11206
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

While my hunt for my stock Good Year replacement is slowly moving on one side. Last week when I was back home in Wayanad for the Easter Holidays, My TDCI Titanium did not respond to my ignition.

This was at about 4:00 AM in the morning when I was about to start my journey back to Cochin.

I had just started my car and moved it forward by about a meter or two to load the baggage. I idled it for about 2 minutes and switched off before i finished loading. Then I got back to the car with my wife and daughter after about 10-15 minutes to see my car is not responding to the ignition.

I could only hear some 'Tik" - "Tik" knocking while the horn, lights all worked well. I am not good with car mechs and suspected a battery failure. I did not play more with the ignition fearing a complete battery drain. Another suspect to me was the cold temperature and overnight rain then.
I had to wait till 9:00 AM for a battery mech to arrive at home, while we took a quick sleep. Thank god we were back home then.

9:00 AM with enough sun, the battery mech came with a battery and required cables to jump start if needed. With the mech holding his batter through cables to the batter connector on the car, the car started without hassles. He said my battery has enough power and he asked me to check the starter with a workshop. I did not turn off the ignition and kept the car running, and went to the workshop nearby. The mechanic checked the ignition and found it had no issues. So with the battery.

He told me that it is the switch - which has to keep pressed with the clutch while starting the car. He said that it has behaved mischievously and might need to check with Ford Service. He also said there may not be any issues going forth and asked me to check at the nearest Ford Service in Calicut which is 100 KM away.

It has been about more than a week now, I have not faced any issues so far with the car. Any one with any info on this issue ? (Thinking of getting more light on this at my cars 50K service next month)
Old 27th April 2017, 21:36   #11207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
While my hunt for my stock Good Year replacement is slowly moving on one side. Last week when I was back home in Wayanad for the Easter Holidays, My TDCI Titanium did not respond to my ignition.

Seems like starter solenoid which is fixed along with the Starter motor assembly. Please get its reliability checked.

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the entire post when responding

Last edited by ampere : 29th April 2017 at 08:57. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 16:21   #11208
BHPian

Any advice/suggestions on the Ford's Happy Pocket Service, as to how good/beneficial is it?

Mine's due for a 50k Kms 6th Service and have got an appointment for tomorrow. I remember during my last visit at the ASS when the SA mentioned about it but I refused to take it as I hadn't done my homework on it. I did look up online about it but I don't seem to find reviews from people who have gone with the option.

In case anyone has any experience or know something about it, please do educate me.
Old 29th April 2017, 16:36   #11209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish.h View Post
Any advice/suggestions on the Ford's Happy Pocket Service, as to how good/beneficial is it?
Well i took Ford Happy Pocket on my 20K service (Lasted for 20 & 30K service) Here are my experience:
  • The service adviser was pestering me to take them. He was so desperate that he even offered me a free engine care treatment if i take this !
  • His logic was the cost of two service will be significantly cheaper. On inspection i found out max to max you will be saving a few hundred bucks at most but then again you are giving advance money as lock in for a yr or so.
  • Happy pocket does not cover each and everything, you may need to pay for fluids and other small items (read the fine print)
  • Actual benefit = Ford assured service cost for the service interval - (Cost of happy pocket service + cost of items not included in happy pocket).

Do the calculation & find out yourself.
Samfromindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 17:12   #11210
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey Guys,

Looking for a pre-owned Ford Ecosport Titanium+ Diesel Variant in Chennai. Any leads please do hit me up, so we can do a person-to-person transaction.
Old 30th April 2017, 00:55   #11211
BHPian

Just got my 50000 Kms - 6th Service carried out. Did not have any major issues. Reported a minor shuddering during clutch operation in lower gears which had seemed to appear lately after driving continuously for an hour or so. Requested for a clutch bleed and check up. The Water in Fuel indicator was lighting up, and they checked/drained the fuel filter and also cleaned up the sensor just in case. The last complaint was the click sound from the boot door while driving on uneven surfaces, and the technician mentioned that he has addressed it.

Yet to observe if all these seem fixed while I commute to work over the next week. They updated the system firmware and cleared the regular DTCs and mentioned the performance will now be improved, I just don't understand how.

Observed that their Body wash prices have shot up by a 100 bucks or so. Additionally, the SA advised me to go with an Engine Bay protection liquid and called it the "Engine Care". He mentioned it costs 180 bucks extra over regular wash, and I thought I'd give it a shot. When I observed, all it seemed like was a layer of Dashboard spray all over in the engine compartment. Cost of Wash with Engine care was some 680 bucks. Disappointed!

Requested them not to perform Wheel Rotation, Balancing and Alignment. From my earlier experiences, they've charged about 1.2k and have done a shoddy job. Need to get it done from one of my regular guys outside.

Overall bill came up to 4.8k (1.5 TDCI).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Well i took Ford Happy Pocket on my 20K service (Lasted for 20 & 30K service)
Thanks much Sam!

Went through the detail from all the resources available and yes, I must agree with you that it does seem like I'll save only a few bucks on the Engine Oil and the Body Wash. Did not choose to go with it today while I was there for the service. The whole offer seems like a flaky promise on paper.
nitish.h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 14:40   #11212
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
There is a small TSB for the Ecosport. The left side tail lamp can get chipped from the edge if it is not aligned correctly. This happens when you open the rear boot. Due to sideways opening, there is a chance that the light cluster on the boot door hits the light cluster on the body causing the plastic housing of the tail light to crack. This will happen only for left hand side.

Ford just realigns the tail lamps to fix the issue.
Sorry for quoting an old post of yours but I just took the delivery of my Ecosport today and found out that there is a significant difference between the 2 tail lights with the left one clearly misaligned. It is not yet making contact with the boot door but it is not acceptable. I went back to the dealer and checked and almost all vehicles standing there had the same issue. What can be done about this? Is this acceptable from Ford specially for their bread and butter car and a product which is almost through its current life cycle now.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20170430_124343.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20170430_124337.jpg  

Old 30th April 2017, 19:16   #11213
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Sorry for quoting an old post of yours but I just took the delivery of my Ecosport today and found out that there is a significant difference between the 2 tail lights with the left one clearly misaligned. It is not yet making contact with the boot door but it is not acceptable. I went back to the dealer and checked and almost all vehicles standing there had the same issue. What can be done about this? Is this acceptable from Ford specially for their bread and butter car and a product which is almost through its current life cycle now.
Congrats on getting the Car!!

Coming to the boot, yes my car also has a difference between the two sides.
In fact,its not the left side which is misaligned but rather than right one has a about 50 percent more panel gap. I have had the Car for over 3.5 years now and it hasn't been an issue so there's not much reason to worry about. You have already compared it to other pieces so that's good to know its not a larger gap in your piece.

Coming to the reasoning for this, I don't remember if it was given here on the forum, but its that the right gap is kept larger since the door is very heavy with the spare wheel so it needs to have a little spare area as it is easy to misalign ( a very common problem in old safaris) and if it starts rubbing against other parts it would be a larger problem. In comparison, the left side doesn't move much, so the hinge is more likely to keep it in the right place even if the right side sags.

I hope this helps and wipes your worry. Wishing you and your dad the best hassle free miles in NCR (AT is a must now).
Old 1st May 2017, 07:45   #11214
BHPian

Hi Guys, took delivery of my Mars Red Ecosport Titanium TDCI on 30/03/17. Have driven around 1750kms till date. The overall vehicle performance is very good. I just had a few observations during my first long highway trip yesterday, and wanted to get the clarifications from existing owners for the three cases mentioned below:

1. While maintaining 60-70, the instantaneous fuel economy on the MID is shown as 30+

2. While driving on the highway at speeds of around 90-95, it shows 24-27.

3. But if I go to just above 100 (maybe 102-103), it is showing only 18.

Are these fuel economy figures normal and can I expect an improvement post first service at 2500kms?

I religiously follow the 1 minute idling rule.

For all these observations, the car was fully loaded with 5 people (2 stocky adults at front + 3 normal people at rear) and the ACC set at 23-24 degrees.

The car is running on Michelin Primacy 3ST (205/60 R 16) and I had set the pressure on all tires to 37 psi (filled with Nitrogen - subjective, I know - but have found it to make the ride slightly more silent and comfortable).

Requesting all BHP-ians to provide your inputs and feedback.
Old 1st May 2017, 07:55   #11215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya-TJet View Post
1. While maintaining 60-70, the instantaneous fuel economy on the MID is shown as 30+

2. While driving on the highway at speeds of around 90-95, it shows 24-27.
Yep; I've observed this too. On my AT, I see about 17-18 kmpl when between 70-90 km/hr and it goes down to 14-15 above that.

I'm at the 10k mark and I've observed this on highway runs right from the beginning.
Old 1st May 2017, 07:59   #11216
BHPian

My 2014 TDCi is nearing its 50k service and I've noticed that I get a warning message on the display and it immediately goes away ( engine oil pressure low, please stop safely). I've gotten down and checked for any oil leak and nothing so far, I feel no difference in power and handling. Any thoughts on this? I'm anyways giving it for service, will ask the SA about this. I have a long trip (Bangalore - Mumbai) ahead of me and I don't want it to be a deterrent, what's the message about?

EDIT : Battery is stock, could the dying battery throw random errors like that?

Last edited by createrkid : 1st May 2017 at 08:01.
Old 1st May 2017, 08:01   #11217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Yep; I've observed this too. On my AT, I see about 17-18 kmpl when between 70-90 km/hr and it goes down to 14-15 above that.

I'm at the 10k mark and I've observed this on highway runs right from the beginning.

Those are good figures for a 1.5 Petrol AT. I had this doubt since I have read so many owners mentioning 18-20kmpl while maintaing even 120 in diesel versions. Hence my query.
Old 1st May 2017, 08:11   #11218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

Now, this is just an early indication of an ageing battery. You should consider replacing the battery only if you notice more conventional signs (e.g. sluggish/lethargic engine starting), or if you intend to go somewhere where roadside assistance might not be easily available, or if someone unfamiliar with cars is using it (e.g. mum, wife, etc. whom you don't want hassled by an ageing battery). Also, your driving patterns will influence how long the battery lasts - frequent short trips (i.e. lots of engine starts vs. kms covered) will age a battery quicker than long runs.

Just saw this after I posted my question. Lovely information, thanks for the battery reassurance, I was suspecting the same.
Also, I'm nearing my 50k mark and I'm to drive to Mumbai from bangalore in about a week, is there something you'd change apart from the regular oil, filters etc if you were me? I read about the AC pollen filter, I don't know if that's necessary. Will ask SA to check crucial wear and tear parts before I leave. Thanks!

EDIT: misquoted somebody else's post.

Last edited by createrkid : 1st May 2017 at 08:15.
Old 1st May 2017, 10:40   #11219
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Mohit, I am not able to make out what is misaligned from the pics. It looks quite ok.

The gap between the left and right is going to be there since the hinge for the boot is on the left. You need extra clearance on the left side for the edge to go inside when the door opens. It's there in all cars. If you see the review on page 1, I have pointed out this gap in 2013.
Old 1st May 2017, 11:38   #11220
BHPian

Hi guys, am having a small doubt - just observed this today. The gap between the Dash LH-Door LH vs. the Dash RH-Door RH is very different. Just wanted to know if it is a small change in my car or is it standard across all Ecosport cars..??

I ask this because I failed to notice such a detail in both the TD cars I drove..

Requesting experts and existing Ecosport owners to please provide your inputs in this regard. I'm taking my car for first service coming saturday and would like to confirm before ai take up this issue with them.

P.S - my car is an Ecosport Titanium Diesel - Mar 2017 manufactured car - 1 month old model

Thanks in advance.

Cheers & Safe Driving
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_5277.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_5283.jpg  

Last edited by Surya-TJet : 1st May 2017 at 11:45. Reason: Uploaded photos from browser login

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks