Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2017, 13:49   #11326

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I got my 4th servicing done today at Kalina for my Ecosport. Heres the bill with SGST & CGST tax rates.

The #10 IPP1 Internal Panel charge of 1740rps seems suspicious so I'm going to dispute it. If anybody knows what this is please do reply. I haven't paid the bill yet I will likely wait till tomorrow.

If you spot any irregularities please post a reply.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20170705_131109.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20170705_131029.jpg  

Last edited by Vaibhav29 : 5th July 2017 at 14:08.
Old 9th July 2017, 14:57   #11327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibhav29 View Post
I got my 4th servicing done today at Kalina for my Ecosport. Heres the bill with SGST & CGST tax rates.

The #10 IPP1 Internal Panel charge of 1740rps seems suspicious so I'm going to dispute it. If anybody knows what this is please do reply. I haven't paid the bill yet I will likely wait till tomorrow.

I never paid more than 5-5.5K for servicing including alignment+balancing in any of my 4 paid services so far. How come the bill is so high If they do anything other than what manufacturer recommends they are supposed to tell that well in advance and explain the requirement to do so. Check out this link to calculate yourself.

https://www.fordservicepricepromise....=cos_calculate

Normally from my experience they want to inflate your bills by doing the following:
  • Giving 2x windshield wash fluid by default (Optional Item)
  • Pestering you to do under-body coating
  • Engine water-less cleaning by waxol
  • Other misc extras like plastic steering cover during interior cleaning, etc

Post this on Ford's facebook page publicly if they dont revise their charges.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2017, 12:56   #11328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Got the car checked with Service Center for the irritating rattling noise that popped up sometime back , Had to leave the car in service center for 2 days as technicians were not able to find the exact issue , it turned out that the cross bars on the top were the culprits which got fixed .

However occasionally I get to hear noise from the rear door which i believe is coming from the boot door hinges .

Got the ECU updated to the latest version as well.

Also I got the Gas Struts installed for Hood , works good ! Another master piece from Srinivas Gopal !
Hi Ranjith

Im getting a rattling noise from dickey door, did you get yours fixed? service guys havent been able to fix mine yet even after 3 visits in chennai.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th July 2017 at 20:59. Reason: Removing Youtube URL from the quoted post.
Old 11th July 2017, 17:29   #11329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roads&Wheels View Post
1. I have been driving a Ritz diesel and found the Ecosport very lethargic. It was a pain to go up on inclines. Is it how the car is or am I yet to get a hang of the petrol motor?

2. Will there be any improvement in performance once some more mileage is put on the odo? The car has done some 800 kms till now.
Some help on the quoted queries will be greatly appreciated.

To add - the touchscreen unit has a problem with the clock. I keep setting the time and it changes again. Happens every-time I start the car.
Also, the rear-view camera is yet to be installed. While it comes as a standard feature on Titanium trim, it's a dealer fitment. There seems to be some re-call happening and the dealer mentioned that it will be fitted in within the next two weeks. Display clarity has some issues is what I was told.

Cheers
Old 11th July 2017, 20:26   #11330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaibhav29 View Post

You are right. The internal panel charge is suspicious. Other than that, the alignment and balancing is quite steep. That could have been avoided, or done outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roads&Wheels View Post
Some help on the quoted queries will be greatly appreciated.

To add - the touchscreen unit has a problem with the clock. I keep setting the time and it changes again. Happens every-time I start the car.
If you are going to compare with your diesel ritz, then the petrol ecosport will disappoint. The diesel's torque is substantially more, and helps a lot during inclines. The petrol motors (not just Ford's, but any other company as well) are not high on torque, but on horses. You need to rev to get the power. You are bound to feel that the engine is sluggish (the added weight of the Ford doesn't help matters). For the Ecosport, the meat band is b/w 2-3k revs.

For your touchscreen issue, suggest you report to the service centre and get a software update. Should solve the issue.

Thanks,
Simple_car
Simple_car is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2017, 12:31   #11331
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Recently on one of my long drives, drove over an unmarked speed breaker with little above normal speeds.The sound was as usual with a "Thud"
attributing to the hard suspension set up. I have got used to these sound with my ecosport. But, after this incident i am able to hear some rattles from front doors(both). I am worried that such a simple miss over a speed breaker could loose the door pads in a FORD product. These rattles are noticeable if music system is off.Mine has done 19k in about 14 months with 20k service due in few days.
Do you suggest me to get these fixed at the service? I am worried if opening door pads and refixing may induce more issues as this may not be done correctly at service centers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Yes my 3.5 year old Ecosport had rattling issues in three places..
I read your post that you have got rattle issues fixed under warranty. Could you help me with your experience. Do we need warranty issues for this?

Thanks

Last edited by RapidRavi : 12th July 2017 at 12:36.
Old 12th July 2017, 12:34   #11332
BHPian

Has anyone fixed a bike rack on the roof? My ecosport already has the roof rail, the dealer recommends fixing of the cross bar (cost around 9500) and then he has a Thule roof rack which will cost around 14000 per bike (he says you can safely fix 2 of them).

I would be very interested if anyone has gone for it and how it has worked
Old 12th July 2017, 12:37   #11333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidRavi View Post
Hi Guys,
Recently on one of my long drives, drove over an unmarked speed breaker with little above normal speeds.The sound was as usual with a "Thud"
attributing to the hard suspension set up. I have got used to these sound with my ecosport. But, after this incident i am able to hear some rattles from front doors(both). I am worried that such a simple miss over a speed breaker could loose the door pads in a FORD product. These rattles are noticeable if music system is off.Mine has done 19k in about 14 months with 20k service due in few days.
Do you suggest me to get these fixed at the service? I am worried if opening door pads and refixing may induce more issues as this may not be done correctly at service centers.
I read your post that you have got rattle issues fixed under warranty. Could you help me with your experience. Do we need warranty issues for this?

Thanks
I also faced the issue of rattling from driver doors but this was rectified during regular service. Mine is 46 months old car done 27k.
Old 12th July 2017, 21:37   #11334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
Has anyone fixed a bike rack on the roof? My ecosport already has the roof rail, the dealer recommends fixing of the cross bar (cost around 9500) and then he has a Thule roof rack which will cost around 14000 per bike (he says you can safely fix 2 of them).

I would be very interested if anyone has gone for it and how it has worked
Unless you are fixated on a Roof Bike rack, I would suggest that you consider a tailgate rack. I use a BTWIN tailgate rack that carries up to 3 Roadies or 2 MTB's, without any problems.
The trouble with Roof Racks is that it is very easy to forget that it is there, on Toll Gates, Height barriers or while entering basement parkings, which can result in a wrecked roof and wrecked bike. I have seen this happen to a friend, who collided his bikes on diagonally open toll gate boom barrier and the result was a completely wrecked bike.

If you still wish to go for a Roof rack, you definitely need the cross bars and then you have options of either Thule (expensive) or many other roof bike racks (cheaper).. but the cross bars are very much needed.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 05:46   #11335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Unless you are fixated on a Roof Bike rack, I would suggest that you consider a tailgate rack. I use a BTWIN tailgate rack that carries up to 3 Roadies or 2 MTB's, without any problems.

The trouble with Roof Racks is that it is very easy to forget that it is there, on Toll Gates, Height barriers or while entering basement parkings, which can result in a wrecked roof and wrecked bike. I have seen this happen to a friend, who collided his bikes on diagonally open toll gate boom barrier and the result was a completely wrecked bike.

If you still wish to go for a Roof rack, you definitely need the cross bars and then you have options of either Thule (expensive) or many other roof bike racks (cheaper).. but the cross bars are very much needed.

Would you be able to share a picture of your car with the rack and bikes fixed?
Old 13th July 2017, 11:27   #11336
BHPian

2013 Ford Ecosport: Ride quality Issues

Hi guys. Need some help. I have a ecosport tdci recently changed my Tyres to YOKOHAMA earth 1 couple of days back. Pressure is at 32. I’m driving on the highway today and the ride is very jumpy and jerky.

I had left the car for service yesterday for a rattling noise on the rear. Service guy changed a bush in the suspension charged me 3500. Don’t know what is causing. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
Srini

Last edited by switz : 13th July 2017 at 11:47. Reason: Added details
Old 13th July 2017, 17:09   #11337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganm View Post
Would you be able to share a picture of your car with the rack and bikes fixed?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rLOLPHbZuetpUM6s2
Here's the rack on my Scorpio. I don't have a pic of it on my Ecosport. I use this interchangeably between my Ecosport and Scorpio. Here I was carrying my roadie to Manali.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 18:44   #11338
BHPian

Re: 2013 Ford Ecosport: Ride quality Issues

Any help would be appreciated. Not able to sit in the back seats. Jumping off the seat even for a small bump. Don’t know if I can trust the same ford service center.
Old 13th July 2017, 18:49   #11339
Team-BHP Support

How much has the car done? What is the tyre size you opted for (is it same as OE?), and stock air pressure recommended?
Old 13th July 2017, 19:03   #11340
BHPian

Hi Jaggu. Car has done 50k Km tyres are oem size. Recommended pressure 30-35.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks