Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2017, 14:56   #11491
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Planning on giving my Ecosport AT for its second service tomorrow.

Facing clutch judder/slip in two specific scenarios
1) After prolonged usage in S mode say more than an hour in Kerala NH (TVM-Cochin route; mentioning this to indicate typical driving scenario- 2 lane NH, high traffic density, lots of aborted overtaking attempts, and generally 6 hrs to complete 210 kms)
2)After around 30 mins of stop-go traffic in D mode where net distance moved would be 2 kms.

The vehicle was purchased last October. I am assuming that it should have the latest patches for the gear shift logic, but considering the above scenarios, can I ask for for an updates or tweak for transmission software for these scenarios? I am not concerned about loss of fuel mileage due to any tweaks.

Any other particulars that I need to note or take care during the service?

Last edited by tsk1979 : 7th October 2017 at 07:47.
Old 28th September 2017, 14:46   #11492
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Whoa! Did anyone check out the EcoSport's pricing in the USA? It's starting price is higher than the Corolla's - link .

In India, it's less than half of the Toyota.
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 14:56   #11493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Whoa! Did anyone check out the EcoSport's pricing in the USA? It's starting price is higher than the Corolla's - link .

Maybe because they getting AWD now? If I'm not mistaken....
Old 28th September 2017, 14:59   #11494
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Even overlapping to the Camry territory. Corolla is more like America's M800

The US Ecosport looks extremely fresh with that new face.
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 17:47   #11495
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Maybe because they getting AWD now? If I'm not mistaken....
Nope. Check the specs on the link I shared. It's the base FWD with fabric seats starting at USD $20,000 (i.e. 13 lakh rupees). AWD adds $1,500 to that price.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 08:57   #11496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Whoa! Did anyone check out the EcoSport's pricing in the USA?
Could it be because the Corolla feels so over-priced in India for what it offers, against the EcoSport which seems to be perfectly priced?

EDIT: Furthermore, on closer look, the EcoSport that the Yanks get is so significantly up-specced than the Indian offerings, that the pricing looks quite justified.

See this circa $28000 variant for example - : 2018 Ford EcoSport SES, 4WD, 2.0L Ti-VCT I-4 engine with Auto Start-Stop Technology, 6-Speed Automatic Transmission with SelectShift® Capability - 4WD

It would be so sweet to get this configuration here.
I almost want to petition Ford India to introduce this model here too.
Damn!

Last edited by roy_libran : 29th September 2017 at 09:08.
roy_libran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 11:29   #11497
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Could it be because the Corolla feels so over-priced in India for what it offers, against the EcoSport which seems to be perfectly priced?
Also to do with imports. In India, the EcoSport is locally manufactured while the Corolla has a higher import content. In the USA, the Corolla is a locally built car with insane volume (20,000 - 30,000 / month...like the Alto here), while the EcoSport is imported from India.

Plus, we have the different taxation levels (EcoSport enjoys sub-4 meter benefits).
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2017, 15:27   #11498
BHPian

Quote:
Also to do with imports. In India, the EcoSport is locally manufactured while the Corolla has a higher import content. In the USA, the Corolla is a locally built car with insane volume (20,000 - 30,000 / month...like the Alto here), while the EcoSport is imported from India.

Plus, we have the different taxation levels (EcoSport enjoys sub-4 meter benefits).
Different countries, different realities. It is also worth noting that in Brazil, the Ecosport is priced higher than the Duster.
civic-sense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 09:46   #11499
Team-BHP Support

Couple of questions:

- Is the 12V socket in the center console supplied power continuously, even after the engine is shut down/car is locked out?
I use that socket to power my dashcam and generally remove the charger when I'm parking but left it in yesterday to check if it still gets power after I've locked the car, and it did.

- What is the logic for the cabin lamps to turn on when you shut down the engine?
Some times, the cabin lamps turn on after I shut down the engine (I have the push button start); and at times, they only come on after I open one of the doors
Old 3rd October 2017, 09:49   #11500
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Couple of questions:

- Is the 12V socket in the center console supplied power continuously, even after the engine is shut down/car is locked out?
I use that socket to power my dashcam and generally remove the charger when I'm parking but left it in yesterday to check if it still gets power after I've locked the car, and it did.
Yes always on. Will drain car battery if left for long connected to dashcam. Read 4-5 days. I know from experience.

Quote:
- What is the logic for the cabin lamps to turn on when you shut down the engine?
Some times, the cabin lamps turn on after I shut down the engine (I have the push button start); and at times, they only come on after I open one of the doors
They come on when you turn off and then after you open the doors. Even when you unlock the car the cabin lamps turn on and then turn off after a while.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2017, 09:55   #11501
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yes always on. Will drain car battery if left for long connected to dashcam. Read 4-5 days. I know from experience.
Oh. I generally take the charger out each time I step out of the car but risk the socket to get damaged from constant use.

Not too fond of hard-wiring the cam though.

Quote:
They come on when you turn off and then after you open the doors. Even when you unlock the car the cabin lamps turn on and then turn off after a while.
Umm, what I meant was: let's say I shut down the engine
Scenario 1: cabin lamps turn on the moment I shut down the engine
Scenario 2: they will come on only if and when I open the door (not immediately after I shut the engine)

Are the cabin lamps linked to shutting of the engine, or unlocking, or opening of the doors?

Just curious; I'd like them to come on as soon as I've turned off the engine.
Old 3rd October 2017, 11:44   #11502
BHPian

What a Dog can do to your car

I have had dogs in the past and have no disliking towards them. But I learnt how wild they can be in spite of being domesticated thousands of years . I had parked my Ecosport overnight in middle of the coffee estate and the German shepherd that guards the estate was unhappy that day with some wild animal going inside my Engine Bay.

So it lasted for an hour or two is what i heard from my friend who could hear the noise. I came out early morning and this is what i see

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20170930_065330.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20170930_065337.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20170930_070858.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20170930_070904.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20170930_070910.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20170930_070918.jpg

I have given the vehicle to the service center today, it looks like

1. a complete bumper change
2. entire bonnet repaint.
3. Head Lamp cleaning/scratch removal
4. Scratch removal from front doors(very minor)
5. Ford Logo
6. Chrome strip replacement in the front( one piece out of 3 )

My worries were not on the cost or the ordeal, but the repainting will not be as good as what Ford does
Old 7th October 2017, 05:54   #11503
BHPian

I just recieved an email from ford india, that my ecosport's service is due on 14/10/2017. I got my last service done in February 2017, 20000km. It was 8 months back, is'nt the service interval for ecosport 1 year. Then why is ford india telling me that the service is due, after 8 months. My car has completed around 28000km, i was thinking of getting it serviced, at 30000km only. Which may take it beyond 14/10/2017.
Another suggestion needed, regarding extended warrenty. I did'nt opt for it during the purchase, in December 2015, should I go for it now? I intend to keep it for 2-3 years more with me. I know there is a separate thread on this, but i just want to know from the experience of the ecosport owners, so posted it here. Please advise.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_2132.jpg  

Last edited by gsratta : 7th October 2017 at 06:05.
Old 7th October 2017, 06:43   #11504
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from the dealer who informs massive discounts are being offered. He quoted a number which I thought was unbelievable. Incredible deals on old cars and loyalty bonus, etc. With this aggression they will definitely clear all stocks in 3 days. The New Ford Ecosport can easily be missed on the streets. Looks the same. If we had not picked up a new car would be really compelled now!
Old 7th October 2017, 08:12   #11505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
What a Dog can do to your car
So sorry to see that!

Quote:
Oh. I generally take the charger out each time I step out of the car but risk the socket to get damaged from constant use.

Not too fond of hard-wiring the cam though.
Yeah, me too. I so wish there were two sockets. The current one which is always on - helps to charge the phone etc. even when the car is locked. It's so useful. And another one which is connected to ACC for dash cam etc.

Quote:
Are the cabin lamps linked to shutting of the engine, or unlocking, or opening of the doors?
Cabin lights always come on right after shutting the engine off.

And all lights (cabin, parks, puddle) come on after opening a door or the boot or when the car is unlocked.

This is how it is in the Fiesta and it is the same for EcoSport. I took a bit of time to get used to all that lighting initially but now I wonder why most other cars are so dark.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks