Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2018, 21:59   #11716
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Then a long argument ensued with me asking how the car which was perfect until the previous day could get damaged shocks overnight. I argued that either their driver had damaged it or the car was damaged while in service.

I am going to take it to the workshop , but I want to be be prepared with some advise.
If the behaviour of the car changed this drastically and suddenly, then the possibilities I can think of are not good ones, similar to what you've outlined. It could either be extremely rash driving that finished off the shocks (technically, the dampers) that were nearing the end of their life (e.g. you take speed breakers by slowing down, but the pick-up driver took them at normal speed, and that could have made the oil seals/valves in the shocks finally give way.

The other possibility is that the car was lowered abruptly, resulting in the sort of damage you outlined.

The final one I can think of is that these guys pulled a Skoda on you, and swapped out parts. This is unlikely, there's little reason for them to steal from an 80k kms car when there would be "younger" ones they can steal from.

I'd suggest going the extra mile to another Ford service center, and not prolong your troubles with the current service center. Make a written note of your discussions, names, times, and digitize your receipts/bills as well, so if the need arises to escalate this, you're prepared.

I'm sorry to hear of this sort of a disastrous experience - this is the stuff that all of us petrolheads dread with the service centers we have in India.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Guys what is the tyre size of the 2015-16 EcoSport 1.5 diesel titanium (o) six airbags?
The tyres are sized 205/60 R16.

Last edited by arunphilip : 24th August 2018 at 22:02.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 12:52   #11717
Senior - BHPian

Guys, anyone looking for silver wheel cover for Ecosport, please let me know, giving it away if u can pick from my house in kondapur, Hyderabad http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4450122
Old 26th August 2018, 20:48   #11718
BHPian

Hello everyone.

Need some advise. Am getting a 2015 model ford EcoSport automatic with 45,000 Kms on the odo at a very decent price. Request advise on if I should go for it???

Have gotten a full check up done from an authorized ford dealership and the car has no issues. It's been fantastically maintained inside and out. Have driven it and it drives very well.

My concern arises from some not so good reviews of the DCT system and the issues that crop up therein. This car specifically has a very mild shudder (sometimes) when accelerating from standstill, or when driving in bumper to bumper traffic. But nothing major - it's a minor shudder that passes very quickly, if it occurs at all. Drove it for 15 Kms and it happened only thrice.

Otherwise love the car. It's got fantastic seating and handles very well.

Any and all opinions will be a great help.

Thanks.
Old 26th August 2018, 22:11   #11719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1741 View Post
Hello everyone.

Need some advise. Am getting a 2015 model ford EcoSport automatic with 45,000 Kms on the odo at a very decent price. Request advise on if I should go for it???

Have gotten a full check up done from an authorized ford dealership and the car has no issues. It's been fantastically maintained inside and out. Have driven it and it drives very well.

My concern arises from some not so good reviews of the DCT system and the issues that crop up therein. This car specifically has a very mild shudder (sometimes) when accelerating from standstill, or when driving in bumper to bumper traffic. But nothing major - it's a minor shudder that passes very quickly, if it occurs at all. Drove it for 15 Kms and it happened only thrice.

Otherwise love the car. It's got fantastic seating and handles very well.

Any and all opinions will be a great help.

Thanks.
As an owner of the 2013 edition of the same variant, I'd say go for it. A largely fuss free ownership till date and very pleasurable to drive.
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2018, 23:05   #11720
BHPian

Hi All,

I have a 2013 July Ecosport TDCi , Titanium. One of the first ones to get delivered after launch. I have done 1,38,000 kms so far.

I have changed the brake discs twice and pads thrice.
AC Compressor and Wiper motor changed under Extended warranty.
Last month changed the timing belt, front suspension, rear suspension rubber bushes, Drive shaft bearings , rear wheel bearings, front wheel bearings, wiper blades , 3rd set of tyres.

Also changed the Engine Bed , mounts

It now feels as new when it was delivered. There is an oil leak (minimal) from the Turbo, which they advised me to look at a FNG, as they don't repair Turbo chargers and they only replace them , which costs 50-60k including Labour.

PS: have not changed the clutch yet, will be replacing them at 145k kms.

I feel the car will do another 3 yrs and a lakh kms before I need a major overhaul.

Happy with my Ford, I also have a Dzire Vxi which has done 1,12,000 kms and 10 years old but it has cost me more to maintain.

I was setback by Rs.52,000 for my 135k kms service for my ecosport

Last edited by revv_maniac : 26th August 2018 at 23:08. Reason: Spelling
revv_maniac is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 09:14   #11721
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Hi All,

I have a 2013 July Ecosport TDCi , Titanium. One of the first ones to get delivered after launch. I have done 1,38,000 kms so far.
Thanks for sharing. From what I recall, this is perhaps the most comprehensive account of an EcoSport ownership, both from a vintage and kms driven perspective.

Everything seems fairly routine, nothing that highlights a shortcoming in design or functionality. Kudos to you too, for how well you've maintained your car!

Here's to many more years and kms!
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 11:04   #11722
BHPian

So I've been facing issues with the Sync system on my pre facelift Ecosport. The system keeps disconnecting Bluetooth when I try to play music but connects through Bluetooth if I leave the radio on.
Tried resetting sync, removing my phone from the list of devices and also tried new devices but nothing seemed to work.
Anyone faced the same?
Old 27th August 2018, 14:46   #11723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
As an owner of the 2013 edition of the same variant, I'd say go for it. A largely fuss free ownership till date and very pleasurable to drive.
Thank you roy_libran.

Yeah. Loved the car too. Any feedback on the shudder issue when starting from stop / at low speeds? Do you have the same issue? Trying to figure out if it is related to my driving style, or if it's one of the quirks you have to live with.... Or should I be worried???

Cheers.
Old 27th August 2018, 14:59   #11724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you roy_libran.

Yeah. Loved the car too. Any feedback on the shudder issue when starting from stop / at low speeds? Do you have the same issue? Trying to figure out if it is related to my driving style, or if it's one of the quirks you have to live with.... Or should I be worried???

Cheers.
This is actually one of the quirks you have to live with. I have a 2014 model (DCT) and it has been there from day one.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 15:16   #11725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
This is actually one of the quirks you have to live with. I have a 2014 model (DCT) and it has been there from day one.
Thanks a ton roy_libran. This is a weight off my mind.
Had taken it for a full check up at a ford dealership and when I told him of this he wasn't sure and ended up describing all scenarios for me including changing the DCS at a cost of 1.2 Lacs. Not sure what to believe.

I'll be finalizing it this week now.

Thanks once again.
Safe driving.
Old 27th August 2018, 15:19   #11726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you roy_libran.

Cheers.
I had a similar experience about 2 years back, and a TCU update was done, after which it hasn't recurred. My car doesn't shudder in any gear.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2018, 15:45   #11727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
So I've been facing issues with the Sync system on my pre facelift Ecosport. The system keeps disconnecting Bluetooth when I try to play music but connects through Bluetooth if I leave the radio on.
Tried resetting sync, removing my phone from the list of devices and also tried new devices but nothing seemed to work.
Anyone faced the same?
Have you tried updating your car's Sync through My Ford owners website? The latest Sync 1 version is v5.11. Before showing the issue to the workshop, there's no harm in updating it, if you haven't already.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 02:33   #11728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
Yesterday after starting Ecosport Automatic (2013 model, 19K on Odo, out of extended warranty of 4 years) in the morning, it refused to reverse when shifted to R. All other modes were doing fine and all electricals including the reverse camera and sensors were working fine. Car was driving forward fine in both N and S mode. I restarted it couple of times and then check engine light came on. Called Bhavna Ford Mumbai Service Centre whose mechanic told me to bring it to the workshop. I asked whether it can be towed to which he said i can drive it to their workshop. Nevertheless I drove it to their workshop wherein advisor told I need to leave the car and they will check later. After escalating it to their service head, I got the scan done which showed following problems:
P0700: Transmission Control System
P2837: Shift Pillar B Positioning Circuit Range/Performance
P287B: Shift Fork Combination 'something'

Based on this diagnosis, mechanic informed me that Transmission has to be opened and will take few days time. He also confirmed that there are no wires cut as I asked if that could be the case (after reading similar reversing problem encountered by fellow BHPian which was diagnosed as rats cutting the wires).

My questions are:
1. How serious could be the damage based on above error codes?
2. Considering Car is out of warranty, how much transmission replacement may cost?
3. Did anyone else encountered this problem in this forum (apart from one instance already found by me)?

Request you to please reply to above questions if you can. Thanks.

Hi.
Any update on what finally resolved the issue?
Old 6th September 2018, 09:23   #11729
Senior - BHPian

In 2 months time my car will enter its fourth year of ride.
The only major grouse that I have is the battery life. The first one conked out after 2 and a half years (May 2017) - got it replaced at the service centre. Now, just one year and four months down the line the brake malfunction light keeps coming on the occasional cold start in the mornings. The service centre guys confirm that the battery is beginning to weaken.
Attaching a pic of the current battery installed.
Suggestions on a decent replacement would be welcome (Ecosport Petrol AT 2014).
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20180906_084118368.jpg  

Old 6th September 2018, 10:09   #11730
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Suggestions on a decent replacement would be welcome (Ecosport Petrol AT 2014).
Is the battery 36Ah as the pics shows? Stock is 45Ah, isn't it. I remember some people mentioning on the facelift thread that some of the SAs at Ford A.S.S. unofficially suggested to get 55Ah fit.

My stock conked off at 23 months. Pretty pathetic given the stock battery on all our other cars have had to be forcibly changed at 6/7 years because we grew anxious!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks