Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2018, 10:17   #11731
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Is the battery 36Ah as the pics shows? Stock is 45Ah, isn't it. I remember some people mentioning on the facelift thread that some of the SAs at Ford A.S.S. unofficially suggested to get 55Ah fit.

My stock conked off at 23 months. Pretty pathetic given the stock battery on all our other cars have had to be forcibly changed at 6/7 years because we grew anxious!
I guess it is.
I don't remember what the stock one was.
This is precisely why I thought I'd check around here for the best option.
Old 6th September 2018, 10:39   #11732
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I guess it is.
I don't remember what the stock one was.
Stock is 43Ah. Here's my post:

Quote:
Here's my debut into the wall of shame, after several wall-of-fame worthy entries.

Three weeks shy of two years, the stock battery on my EcoSport gave up. Replaced with a Amaron Flo 43 Ah. Cost: 4500.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2018, 14:02   #11733
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wonder why my Ford guys short-changed me??
Thanks - I'll look at 43ah when I change this one.
Just saw on Battery Bhai an offer for a 55ah Amaron for the Ecosport - I wonder if there is any particular advantage buying this one over a 43ah.
Old 7th September 2018, 01:10   #11734
BHPian

Quote:
he only major grouse that I have is the battery life
Mine lasted over 4 years 63k Km (2014 Ecosport Titanium Diesel)

Quote:
Yes stock is 43AH

Quote:
Just saw on Battery Bhai an offer for a 55ah Amaron for the Ecosport - I wonder if there is any particular advantage buying this one over a 43ah.
You can refer my post on battery replacement which i did a month back:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4446799 (Ford EcoSport : Official Review)

Few things i will like to mention:
  • Go for a battery with longer warranty period. A 5 year warranty product (Amaron Flo in my case) will certainly be more reliable than one Ford sells with 1 year warranty.
  • Its better to go to authorized neighborhood battery shop than hunting for discounts in online websites if difference is few hundred rupees. I didnt find any real benefit shopping online, more so considering i will be replacing this once every 4 years.
  • I wanted 65AH, but i could only fit 55.
  • Alternator upgrade is recommended over higher capacity battery alone in case you have added a lot of extra accessories. Adding a higher capacity battery wont do any harm and give you more headroom during discharge.

Last edited by Zappo : 7th September 2018 at 14:38. Reason: Typo corrected.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2018, 20:33   #11735
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford EcoSport India Recall: 7,249 SUVs called back for inspection.

The voluntary service camp will look to fix an issue with the PCMs in more than 7000 Ford EcoSport petrol vehicles. Owners of affected vehicles will be contacted through email or a letter.

Quote:
Ford has announced a voluntary inspection camp for its EcoSport Petrol Cars. The inspection camp which will be valid for vehicles manufactured between November 2017 and March 2018, and will aim to update to update the compact SUVs Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software. The announcement from the company will ensure that the vehicle does not run into issues like sudden deceleration or battery drainage. It's important to note that Ford India is not calling this a recall, but are referring to it as a voluntary inspection camp.

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 7th September 2018 at 20:35.
Old 10th September 2018, 22:29   #11736
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick1741 View Post
Need some advise. Am getting a 2015 model ford EcoSport automatic with 45,000 Kms on the odo at a very decent price. Request advise on if I should go for it???
I own a 2015 Ford ecosport automatic. You can peacefully go for it. There has not been any issues in my car till now. The only niggle is couple of times in the past 3 years, after starting the car, the accelerator does not work, some strange issue in DCT gearbox, but after restarting, it is perfectly fine. I am yet to complain this to the Ford ASS. Given an option, I would still go for this DCT gearbox since it is fun to drive and it comes with lot of active safety features like ESP, HLA, Traction control, and comes with 6 airbags.

Last edited by ampere : 13th September 2018 at 13:42. Reason: trimmed quoted post
raghav135 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2018, 23:17   #11737
BHPian

40k km service update

Our Ecosport Titanium + diesel turned 2 years old today, she was bought on 12.09.16. The current odometer reading is 41k km & so far she has turned out to be very reliable. Hopefully in the long run, she will turn out to be more reliable than our erstwhile Punto, Punto had constant niggling problems. Having said that, 2 years has passed since we sold the Punto, I still can't stop thinking about her, she was a brilliant little car.

40k km service

I got the 40k km service done last month with the odometer reading 39762km. This was a normal oil change service along with a brake oil change, my SA told me that brake oil needs to be changed every 40k km or 2 years. I dropped the car early in the morning & whole service (including washing) was completed by 3:00 pm. I had a complain of squeaky brakes, it occurs when I feather the brake pedal. The problem seems to have strangely disappeared after the brake oil change, maybe they also cleaned the brake pads. The final bill was Rs. 5203, very reasonable if you ask me.

Even after 40k km, the car feels tight to drive. The interior is still rattle free, even the suspension seems to be holding well. The Goodyear Assurance tires still have good amount of thread left, I think they will last around the 60k km mark. The engine performance is also good as ever, though I think the amount of black smoke under hard acceleration has increased. I am thinking of getting the EGR cleaned at the 50k km service, what would you guys suggest?

Tax Invoice of the 40k km service:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-40k-service.jpg

This is how she looked before the service (almost got stuck ):

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-before-servicing.jpg

Shining like new after washing:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-after-service-1.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-after-service-2.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 12th September 2018 at 23:21.
chiranjitp is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 08:22   #11738
BHPian

Hi Guys,

How good is the stock Good Year Assurance tyres in the long run? Is it required to swap them with other brands like Yokohama or Michelin on a new car? Considering that the car will be used primarily within the city with occasional highway trips, will it really need a swap? I wouldn't have asked this question if it was MRF or JK tyres as I believe they are not as good as the GY tyres.

Also, anyone has any idea if Ford is going to update the EcoSport's engine to match the 215nm (from current 205nm) torque figures of the Figo/Aspire twins any sooner?
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 13:04   #11739
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
How good is the stock Good Year Assurance tyres in the long run? Is it required to swap them with other brands like Yokohama or Michelin on a new car? Considering that the car will be used primarily within the city with occasional highway trips, will it really need a swap? I wouldn't have asked this question if it was MRF or JK tyres as I believe they are not as good as the GY tyres.
They are good enough for normal usage. Much better than many other OE fitments that many other cars are dished out with. In my opinion, you can use then until you wear them out. I had put a small review for GY assurance tires some time back which you can find here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...max-tyres.html (Review: Goodyear Assurance Triplemax Tyres)

Trust this will help.

Regards,
Saket.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2018, 13:26   #11740

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
How good is the stock Good Year Assurance tyres in the long run? Is it required to swap them with other brands like Yokohama or Michelin on a new car? Considering that the car will be used primarily within the city with occasional highway trips
My 2014 Ecosport Titanium option diesel came with Goodyear, the odo now stands at 61100 Km with these tyres and I expect 10000 Km more out of them. City:Highway use ratio was 55:45 respectively and they did the job quite well for me as I do not drive aggressively. I was lucky to have only 3 punctures till date. Hope this helps.

Last edited by ampere : 13th September 2018 at 13:43. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
ACFT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2018, 22:53   #11741
BHPian

Quote:
I wonder why my Ford guys short-changed me??
Thanks - I'll look at 43ah when I change this one.
I had my stock battery which lasted for 4.5 years replaced a few months back. Went ahead with the OEM battery again, but this time got one with 52AH which seemed odd compared to the original stock.
I guess it depends on the stock available, 36AH might have been from the Figo.

Last edited by sansvk : 19th September 2018 at 22:54.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2018, 13:54   #11742
BHPian

Is it possible to fit new 2018 headlights assembly in old 2013 model
Old 24th September 2018, 20:30   #11743
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose.solorider View Post
Is it possible to fit new 2018 headlights assembly in old 2013 model
Nope, it won't be possible to fit the new headlights in the old car, at-least not without doing some extensive modifications. Shape of the headlight is quite different between the two models, so they won't be interchangeable. The fender, bumper, and bonnet are all different in the new model. Even the connectors will be different, the old one has a single barrel setup, while the new one has a twin barrel setup.

Here is a photo of both the headlights:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-eco-old-vs-new.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 24th September 2018 at 20:34.
chiranjitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2018, 08:34   #11744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
Nope, it won't be possible to fit the new headlights in the old car, at-least not without doing some extensive modifications. Shape of the headlight is quite different between the two models, so they won't be interchangeable. The fender, bumper, and bonnet are all different in the new model. Even the connectors will be different, the old one has a single barrel setup, while the new one has a twin barrel setup.

Here is a photo of both the headlights:

Attachment 1801763
Thanks for the prompt reply, I wanted to change the lights , I changed it to led from auxbeam but not satisfied, planning to replace the fog light with projector with HID, any idea if I need to change the fuse for fog light which is 15 amp . Moreover any good place in Delhi to buy projector and HID at a good price .

Last edited by Jose.solorider : 25th September 2018 at 08:38.
Old 25th September 2018, 09:47   #11745
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose.solorider View Post
Thanks for the prompt reply, I wanted to change the lights , I changed it to led from auxbeam but not satisfied, planning to replace the fog light with projector with HID, any idea if I need to change the fuse for fog light which is 15 amp . Moreover any good place in Delhi to buy projector and HID at a good price .
You can check my post on replacing the fogs with hid bulbs as well as led headlights.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post4457492 (DIY: Ford EcoSport LED Headlights upgrade)

Below post mentions the relay and fuse details in ecosport.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post4463894 (DIY: Ford EcoSport LED Headlights upgrade)

Regarding hid options. Look at osram or Quaden hid kit with 4300k bulbs. These should be h11 plug and play kit.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks