Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2018, 20:06   #11746
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You can check my post on replacing the fogs with hid bulbs as well as led headlights.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post4457492 (DIY: Ford EcoSport LED Headlights upgrade)

Below post mentions the relay and fuse details in ecosport.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/diy-d...ml#post4463894 (DIY: Ford EcoSport LED Headlights upgrade)

Regarding hid options. Look at osram or Quaden hid kit with 4300k bulbs. These should be h11 plug and play kit.
I had been following your post extensively, I am inspired from your hid installation only . You have done a great work with your ecosports
Old 4th October 2018, 00:34   #11747
BHPian

Met with a minor accident today when a bus tried to cut me off from the left in b2b traffic, resulting in a broken side mirror and a dented fender. The mirror casing had fallen off, it's glass was shattered and the inner motor was left hanging. I taped it back together to continue my commute. Purchased a new mirror piece for 170 rs. from a local parts shop and put it on. This aftermarket piece is a bit smaller and doesn't have the convexity like the stock mirror so I'll get it replaced during a visit to FASS (if they stock it). Few areas required super glue and M seal to be back to normal.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20181004_001950.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20181003_173703.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20181003_083119.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20181003_083113.jpg  

Taha Mir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 19:52   #11748
BHPian

Hello friends, i own a 2015 Titanium plus diesel ecosport, run around 42000km, it is the 100ps version. Recently took a test drive of the updated 2018 ecosport diesel. I observed that there is a lot of improvement in the nvh levels in the new model, specially the engine noise inside the cabin. In the older version, engine becomes noisy between 95 and 110kmph in 5th gear, that is around 2000 to 2300 rpm. I can hear a boom type sound from the engine, and it is not specific to my car, my friend’s 2016 model also has same amount of noise. I couldn’t hear such boom sound in the updated model. The engine felt quiter than the previous model. As per the workshop manager, although the engine is the same, Ford has made changes in the engine mounting, fuel return pipe as well as improved the sound insulation of the firewall. He told me that these changes can not be made in the older model. Has anyone else made the same observation, any suggestions from the experts on how to improve the nvh levels further. As I drive mostly on highways, at a speed around 100-110 kmph, this boom sound is quite irritating on long drives, specially on very smooth roads, where tyre noise is negligible, and i have to move either at 90kmph or above 120, at both these speeds i don’t feel comfortable. I have owned swift and dzire diesels previously, and they had no such issues, on a recent trip to Delhi, via Hissar, Rohtak, i felt like selling off the car, and get a Creta, but was not granted permission by the ‘Home Ministry’. What do you suggest, will i loose something(except money) while changing to Creta. I also test drove S cross, I found pickup in the turbo range, above 1800rpm, comparable to Ecosport, the ride was better than Creta as well as Ecosport. With S cross alpha, I may save a couple of lacs, and some extra features such as automatic headlights, rain sensing wipers, leather upholstery, auto dimming irvm, split folding rear seats, better ride and handling, Maruti peace of mind, as compared to Creta sx, which misses on all these features, sx-o is out of my budget. Regarding the underpowered engine, in the S cross, most of the users are satisfied with it. I hope it won’t be slower than Ecosport on the highway. Please give your suggestions. Thanks.
Old 5th October 2018, 10:38   #11749
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Purchased a new mirror piece for 170 rs. from a local parts shop and put it on. This aftermarket piece is a bit smaller and doesn't have the convexity like the stock mirror so I'll get it replaced during a visit to FASS (if they stock it). Few areas required super glue and M seal to be back to normal.
That is the Figo mirror and not Ecosport.
Vid6639 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2018, 16:39   #11750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhesh Raj View Post
Took delivery of the Ford Ecosport Titanium S Diesel today afternoon.
Many congratulations Sukhesh.
I am also planning to get the Ecosport S TDCI but a bit apprehensive regarding the claimed fuel efficiency and also their claims that they have updated the tyres post complaints of bubbling. Could you share your experience please. Thanks.

Last edited by aah78 : 10th October 2018 at 17:05. Reason: Please don't quote large posts entirely. Thank you!
Old 11th October 2018, 08:59   #11751
BHPian

Today, while driving on the outer ring road at around 90kmph, running just around 2k rpm the powertrain warning light (attached below) came up. I noticed it immediately but I didn't notice any change in the way the car was feeling. I stopped the car, checked on my phone about what this symbol means, saw that the advice was to drive at a sedate speed and get it checked but since I have an important day in office today, I restarted and drove at a sedate speed for a minute and the symbol was off and then it never came back up even though I had to hurry up for my office and drove at slightly higher speeds. Any suggestions on what this could be about? Should I still get it checked now that the warning light isn't showing up? Please advice.
Attached Images

Old 11th October 2018, 09:25   #11752
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
Should I still get it checked now that the warning light isn't showing up? Please advice.
Just drop by a service centre and ask them to check for faults. Hopefully, it was recorded so you'll know why it came up. Which variant is your car? This symbol doesn't come up randomly or often so something could be up.
Old 13th October 2018, 03:28   #11753
BHPian

Don't know if this was discussed earlier in the thread but I always thought eecoboost engines were prone to heating problems and I personally think it should be a deal breaker for potential buyers. Here's worrying news I came across:

I have been witness to four eecoboost engine failures myself due to overheating. Seems to be a costly fix too. Any feedback from current users?
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 09:25   #11754
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz
Don't know if this was discussed earlier in the thread but I always thought eecoboost engines were prone to heating problems
Here is the thread for EcoBoost engine related issues.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...uk-sa-usa.html (Ford EcoBoost 1.0L overheating woes (UK, SA, USA))
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 14:28   #11755
BHPian

I opened the bonnet later in the evening and what astonished me was the fact that the rod that holds the bonnet when it is open was out of its regular parking place, the rod was twisted a bit and came loose from its base! The other end of the rod was almost touching the battery terminal. I'm suspecting this to be the reason for what happened. But I surely will get it checked.

I also had to remove that rod and for now placed it in the boot. Will have to get it replaced too. But its really strange that it came loose. My car is a trend+ 2016 diesel version now at 48k kilometers.
saleem_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 15:27   #11756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namit Joshi View Post
I am also planning to get the Ecosport S TDCI but a bit apprehensive regarding the claimed fuel efficiency.
I own a 2014 TDCI and normally get 12 in city & 15 in highway with AC always on with my driving style. Number falls below 10 when i am stuck in traffic and car is crawling in snail's pace with AC on. Few times i drove sedately on highway without ac i got consistently 20+ as per mid. Fuel economy depends a lot on driving style so its pointless to compare one person's result with another. At the end of the day if you are getting very good fuel economy, you are not enjoying your drive !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Purchased a new mirror piece for 170 rs. from a local parts shop and put it on.
This is a very stupid thing to do. The value of spare parts for Ford is in fact one of the cheapest in market. Not only that, Ford has child part strategy where one part is made up of multiple child parts and those can be bought individually. Take for example the ORVM. The whole unit comes for approx 2.5k without paint. Only the mirror comes for 900rs i think. The outer edges of mirror detects blind spots due to different curvature (which some aftermarket stick on mirrors want to achieve) You can buy the turn lights individually also. So next time please get a quote from official service centre before taking aftermarket route !
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 15:44   #11757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post

This is a very stupid thing to do. The value of spare parts for Ford is in fact one of the cheapest in market. Not only that, Ford has child part strategy where one part is made up of multiple child parts and those can be bought individually. Take for example the ORVM. The whole unit comes for approx 2.5k without paint. Only the mirror comes for 900rs i think. The outer edges of mirror detects blind spots due to different curvature (which some aftermarket stick on mirrors want to achieve) You can buy the turn lights individually also. So next time please get a quote from official service centre before taking aftermarket route !
Thank you for your kind feedback, sir. As i already mentioned, i do intend to get the stock mirror fixed on my next visit to the FASS and couldn't do so now due to time constraints.
Taha Mir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2018, 15:49   #11758

Quote:
I am also planning to get the Ecosport S TDCI but a bit apprehensive regarding the claimed fuel efficiency and also their claims that they have updated the tyres post complaints of bubbling. Could you share your experience please. Thanks.
Hi Namit!
I’m getting a FE of around 12-14kmpl in the city. I’ve not check the mileage on the highway yet.
As far as the tires are concerned, I’ve not had any problems with them till now.
Old 13th October 2018, 16:50   #11759
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

My cousin has the previous version Titanium + , it's very fuel efficient performer, and the engine and gearbox is tuned well for our traffic to be able to ample along at 2nd and 3rd gear.

The Tyre bulging issue is what you are referring to, this is common for low profile tires combined with bad roads and not having enough air pressure. If they have upgraded the tire's load rating, it should hold up provided you check the cold air pressure regularly, this is important and is the common cause for bulges.( Usually caused due to pinching)

I once happened to talk to a Mercedes owner with an E class at a tire shop with bulges on all 3 of the tires. All premium cars are coming with these kind of tires now.
Old 13th October 2018, 17:11   #11760
BHPian

Hi guys

I picked up a new Ecosport Titanium+ Petrol AT (dragon 1.5L) a couple of weeks back. The car overall has been very good thus far but the brakes seem a bit weird. While the braking power seems good , they seem to lack bite and for the first few mm there is hardly any effect/feedback. Compared to other vehicles I own (Fortuner, Swift Dzire, Bmw 320d) there is a distinguishable difference in the feedback/bite. I wanted to check if this is expected, albeit odd, behaviour or if there is something wrong with my specific vehicle that needs to be checked and rectified

Most Viewed