Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2018, 21:10   #11776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarian1502 View Post
Imagine if I had to go through the towing at my expense plus forgoing my vacation just for some stupid Engine service reminder reset.
I think you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble by reading the Owners manual before starting to operate your vehicle when you bought it new. I don't own an Ecosport but I'm sure that Ford has provided all the information about these small yet important technical details in it. All manufacturers do. It's a no Brainer. No car maker would want you to guess your way through the car.

It's mandatory written on all Owner/Service manuals to read it as thoroughly as possible before driving your car. The funny part is, almost nobody takes the trouble. Maybe it's because not everyone is technically inclined and that's ok but in this subject it's really not a matter of choice.

Guess what, you still have time. It will only save you yourself a lot of pain and at times it could also hamper your and your passengers safety not knowing about how to decipher what out car is trying to communicate to you.

Another thing is you could have asked to speak to a service advisor or the likes, who could have guided you better and saved you some sweat. The front desk people are pretty noob about most stuff except maybe smiling and answering the phone. She didn't even suggest it which she should have. Don't know if it was possible at that time.
Old 26th October 2018, 16:24   #11777
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
I think you could have saved yourself a lot of trouble by reading the Owners manual before starting to operate your vehicle when you bought it new.
Nope, the user manual does not contain any info on how to reset such service/oil-change reminders. Not sure if other manufacturers put in such details in their manuals.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...b515_India.pdf
Old 26th October 2018, 23:45   #11778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarian1502 View Post
Nope, the user manual does not contain any info on how to reset such service/oil-change reminders. Not sure if other manufacturers put in such details in their manuals.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/Fo...b515_India.pdf
You are not supposed to reset the service notifications yourself. They are actually meant for a certified service technician to inspect and then reset it after determining the necessary steps after connecting to a scan tool. It's not actually a warning or malfunction indication though. Info regarding this is given in the introduction itself on page 7.

As for warning, this subject is covered in Instrument Cluster subject from page 43 to 48 where all the simple and critical WARNING intimation are shown. Ford mostly uses an exclamation sign surrounded with a warning triangle in red or amber colour accompanied with a clearly marked malfunction type in text. These are critical. There's a difference between those and service messages which are triggered after certain kilometers in order to do service jobs.

I think the sign you saw was the 10th sign on the page 7 introduction page which is an engine logo in yellow accompanied with "Service soon" message. Hope you don't get any "nasty" surprises again. Please do read up.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2018, 22:39   #11779
BHPian

For ford Ecosport, I am told by ford technicians this warning is based on kms driven or date(not based on real engine oil levels). I had finished a service and was still getting this warning, I called up the service and they gave small set of steps to remove the warning.

Switch off engine ( or switch on key to position 2), press accelerator and brake for 30 seconds, and that’s it.
Old 2nd November 2018, 12:40   #11780
Senior - BHPian

Had an opportunity to experience a colleague's newly bought EcoSport S Diesel. With its aggressive front, 17 inch alloys and 205/50 tyres, the car looks smashing. A few (subjective) observations:
  • The ride, mainly due to the larger rims and reduced tyre sidewalls, is a bit stiff but stable.
  • The Bridgestone tyres have a prominent lip at the point where they meet the rims. This is probably intented to protect the latter from getting damaged due to minor scrapes and stone hits.
  • The recommended air pressures for a fully loaded car are 35 & 41 PSI - a bit too much I believe. This is specially true because the other recommendation (for a lightly loaded car) is 30 PSI at the front and the rear. Surprsingly, the recommended pessure is the same for all tyre sizes - as per the sticker on the B pillar.
  • The seats are part leather-part fabric. All the seats have adequate support and are well sculpted. The rear ones (40:60 foldable) are good for only 2.5 people - the raised and extended transmission tunnel telling the middle occupant that he is almost unwelcome.
  • The rear portion of both the front seats are scooped out to provide extra knee room to the rear passengers.
  • The quality of plastics used, specially in the dash area, isn't really reflective or worthy of a 15 lakh rupee car. The fit and finish too could have been better. As an example, the area around the climate control display is tacky; the TCS button has very thin and low quality material that reminded me of the battery lid of Chinese toys.
  • Though the driver seat is height adjustable, the seat belts are not. The material used for the seatbelts is clearly a notch lower than the one used in another colleague's 2010 Ford Classic.
  • The engine bay badly misses out on an engine cover. Two rubber knobs/stoppers attached to the bonnet had already fallen off. We could locate only one of them.
  • A majority of my colleagues felt that the ICE display appeared aftermarket and needed to be integrated better in the dash. A few felt that it was a actually a hazard with children around.
  • The meter console is beautiful and gives a lot of useful information.
  • The keyless entry and start-stop system was a new feature for many. The car unlocks as soon as one places his hand over the sensor, without actually needing to push/pull anything.
  • The fully openable, automated sun roof is a big draw in this model.
  • The boot is adequate and fully usable. There is an inbuilt tray provided so as to provide a level loading surface when the rear seats are folded down.
  • Quite interestingly, many people were kind of worried that seat covers couldn't be added as an accessory due to the presence of airbags! (This model has 6 of them)
  • The black roof has two sturdy roof rails that contain what looked like harness/anchor points for roof carriers. Pretty impressive.
  • Finally, none of the doors gave me the thud feeling when closed .
dailydriver is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 19:00   #11781
BHPian

My ecosport tdci (2013 model, odo 29k kms) has been facing clutch judder in first gear, starting from a standstill. The issue gets worse in hot weather and b2b traffic. Visited fortune ford today and the technician observed the judder and said that the clutch is wearing out due to traffic conditions and possibly my driving habits. He said the clutch would have to be replaced and clutch bleed would not help the situation at all. Also that I'd have to shell out 13k from my own pocket. I told him that this issue isn't only in my car but in others too, around the same odo reading (as seen here on this forum). He refused to acknowledge the problem to be anything but the drivers fault in all the cases. Any suggestions on how i should proceed guys?
Taha Mir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2018, 00:23   #11782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
To summarize I felt that I went I their trap in this entire scenario because I loved my car so much that I couldn't trust these guys beyond 2 days.
Apologies for resurfacing this old post, but I'd like to know what eventually happened with your clutch. Has it been replaced or is it still working fine after rubbing with emery paper?
Old 14th November 2018, 01:10   #11783
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
My ecosport tdci (2013 model, odo 29k kms) has been facing clutch judder in first gear, starting from a standstill. The issue gets worse in hot weather and b2b traffic. Visited fortune ford today and the technician observed the judder and said that the clutch is wearing out due to traffic conditions and possibly my driving habits. He said the clutch would have to be replaced and clutch bleed would not help the situation at all. Also that I'd have to shell out 13k from my own pocket. I told him that this issue isn't only in my car but in others too, around the same odo reading (as seen here on this forum). He refused to acknowledge the problem to be anything but the drivers fault in all the cases. Any suggestions on how i should proceed guys?
I had the exact same issue at 10k on odo and was given the same crap by the technicians. Bleeding of clutch never helped. They opened the clutch at 16K and said it needs replacement and I fought with them as I have been driving for 15 years but they never budged. Even a mail to ford India did not help as they offered a 5% discount on parts and 10% on labour I guess .

I asked them to just slightly sand the flywheel and clutch disk and reassemble. Never gave a penny for this job. It solved the problem of slipping for some time but it resurfaced at approx 30K on odo. I lived with the problem until now at 60K when the clutch started to get harder. I eventually got it replaced and in addition had a shifter seal leak fixed. I sent a mail to ford asking for a goodwill discount as my car had just been out of warranty. I was given 25% discount on labour

But surprisingly the total bill was only around 9k including shifter seal which is not bad at all compared to similar jobs I got done on my wagonR in the past which used to cost around 6-7K.

My car is 70K on odo and so far so good on the clutch.
akhilesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 12:59   #11784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Had an opportunity to experience a colleague's newly bought EcoSport S Diesel]
During one of those mandatory look at how nice the new steed is discussions centered around the said car, I happened to notice that the front alloys have a lot of balancing weights stuck on them. Have a look.

Front Left - 9 nos

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20181115_1046132080x1560.jpg

Front Right - 11 nos

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20181115_1047072080x1560.jpg

The car is brand new; yet to cross 1000km. No visits to the tyre shop yet. Any comments?

Last edited by dailydriver : 15th November 2018 at 13:04.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2018, 22:42   #11785
BHPian

Quote:
I happened to notice that the front alloys have a lot of balancing weights stuck on them. Have a look.
Is it a bad thing ? I remember having similar or at least 6-8 on each wheel of my 2014 model 16' rim. On subsequent visits they attach more or less the same number. My car travelled 63K km to this day on the same set of MRF Zv2K and yet to face any issues. Here are the pics of weights which i captured during balancing session years back.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20170203_164122.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20170203_175358.jpg
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 05:34   #11786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Is it a bad thing?
I don't actually know whether it is good or bad to have balancing weights in excess of 50gms on a brand new wheel. My assumption is that since each sticker weighs only 5gms, more of them are required as compared to normal weights. Knowing fully well the idea behind individual wheel balancing, I am just wondering whether the assymmetry in the tyres demanding so much weights isn't too much.

PS: I hope you got your wheel balanced after installing the TPMS. Or, is the weight addition of the new accessories too insignificant to demand a rebalancing?
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 05:52   #11787
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Is it a bad thing ? I remember having similar or at least 6-8 on each wheel of my 2014 model 16' rim. On subsequent visits they attach more or less the same number. My car travelled 63K km to this day on the same set of MRF Zv2K and yet to face any issues. Here are the pics of weights which i captured during balancing session years back.
Usually it's not normal to take so much weight on each rim. Anything more than 60g per wheel should raise a flag. The mechanics usually remount the tyres, to try out a different balancing arrangement. Ofcourse with a TPMS sensor inside, it will take more weight to balance it out. But on stock rims, I am not sure.

Last edited by Leoshashi : 16th November 2018 at 05:55.
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 15:41   #11788
BHPian

Quote:
PS: I hope you got your wheel balanced after installing the TPMS. Or, is the weight addition of the new accessories too insignificant to demand a rebalancing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Usually it's not normal to take so much weight on each rim. Anything more than 60g per wheel should raise a flag. The mechanics usually remount the tyres, to try out a different balancing arrangement. Ofcourse with a TPMS sensor inside, it will take more weight to balance it out. But on stock rims, I am not sure.
The weights are 5G each as shown in my pic, so a 10 piece strip = 50G. The 17' rim shown above must be the top end sport trim which comes factory fitted with TPMS internal sensor i believe.

As for me i am yet to balance my wheels. Actually i am planning to get new set of tyres soon, so not too keen on balancing as of now.

Last edited by Samfromindia : 17th November 2018 at 15:43.
Samfromindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th November 2018, 10:33   #11789
BHPian

My Bad...My Ford Ecosport Remote Key went into the washing machine for a spin !!!
Spoke to the SA and got the following inputs i.e.
a) Open up the remote key and dry it.
b) Replace the battery and check.
c) Replace the entire key. Estimate price Rs 4000 - Rs 4500.
Any suggestions?
Old 24th November 2018, 11:20   #11790
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
My Bad...My Ford Ecosport Remote Key went into the washing machine for a spin !!!
Spoke to the SA and got the following inputs i.e.
a) Open up the remote key and dry it.
b) Replace the battery and check.
No harm trying a) and b) first; the battery shouldn't cost a lot.

Quote:
Any suggestions?
How many remote keys did you receive: one or two? I have the AT so I have two. If you have two as well, you can use the other one as primary and just the key from the one that went for a swim in case of emergency.

Getting a new key is, of course, is the best but most expensive option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks