Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2019, 08:36   #11821
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

My EcoSport DCT went in for the 30k kms service and I got a bunch of pending niggling issues fixed. Detailed post here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4552636 (Back to being nomadic: Ford EcoSport 1.5L Petrol Titanium AT)

Gist:

1) Clutch replaced under warranty
2) Horn replaced under warranty
3) A/c blower motor replaced under warranty
4) Steering audio/media controls unit replaced under warranty
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 20:49   #11822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
TDCi engines shipped with ecosport in 2013 had oil consumption problems. It easily consumes 1 litre/1000k done.
Noob doubt here. I am aware of the oil consumption issues in the 2013 EcoSport tdci engines. (There's an entire thread about this issue). But why only would the EcoSport be suffering from this?
The fiesta was launched earlier in 2012 with the same engine and power output which was also manufactured at the Chennai plant. Surely, any issues with the engine (or materials used, in this case; inferior quality metals were used for the piston rings and/or cylinder walls) would've been ironed out by the time EcoSport was launched.
Any pointers would be appreciated, thank you.

Last edited by bblost : 4th March 2019 at 21:14. Reason: a small typo.
Taha Mir is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2019, 21:27   #11823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Very curious to learn about this - as I am one among them !

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Hi , any update on this issue ? I have the same problem , except that I religiously gave my car for service in FORD SVC everytime. Did you get some relief from Ford for parts ? Is it resolved now ?

Thanks
I am not sure of the outcome of this discussion - if not. I think your car is in the same band as mine which had this issue last year and had my Short-Block Assembly delivered for free by Ford. Now that since I was out of warranty, I had to get the labor for the same payed as well.

I feel, you should speak to the Service guys to get this sorted as they should be able to get some cost sharing for the effort. When we broke down the block - while testing the compression - there was one cylinder with low rates and 2 cylinders with issues in bore readings.

And thankfully - I had the entire short block assembly replaced (touch wood) but even the labor would come around 25K - had the clutch cover replaced as well in the process to make use of the labor I pay.

Last edited by SDP : 5th March 2019 at 08:01. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2019, 02:18   #11824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
y
2) Horn replaced under warranty
3) A/c blower motor replaced under warranty
4) Steering audio/media controls unit replaced under warranty
Got the exact same things done on my TDCI at 30k kms.

#2 -> dual tone wasn't working and they replaced the horn

#3 -> not sure if its the fan below the start / stop button for temperature control. It has a small vent and fan makes 'kirrrrr' noise when engine is idle and AC is ON / just turned off. Part was not available and I couldn't get time to get this replaced. Should only be a 15-20 mins job to get this done.

#4 -> this was a terrible experience I had. They gave a loaner ACU for a week but even that had issues. Finally they traced the issue to be with the volume control mounted buttons on the steering wheel. Once replaced, its working fine as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Issue with ICE system:
The plethora of buttons on the Infotainment system work randomly. Sometimes they work normal and most of the time, except the volume control knob -> none of the buttons work. The volume control / track change buttons on the steering control as well function randomly. While increasing / reducing volumes, they change the track or switch between radio and CD. Same happens most of the times with the track change buttons as well. Also all of a sudden, the radio switches to CD mode on its own.

But guess what, the day I take it to a service center -> everything works normal with no issues
Issue with volume control mounted button on the steering. Once replaced, everything works fine.

Quote:
Issue with Automatic Day/Night dimming mirror:
The auto night mode is not working as it used to before. The lights on the night mode used to appear like dots earlier. Now the glare is just quite evident on the night mode mirror. I tried cleaning the mirror, sensor etc., but no luck.
No solution yet for this issue.

Last edited by theMAG : 5th March 2019 at 06:55. Reason: Back-back posts merged.
Old 5th March 2019, 08:52   #11825
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Got the exact same things done on my TDCI at 30k kms.

#2 -> dual tone wasn't working and they replaced the horn

The new horn is a different make though; similar tone as that on the new EcoSport/Aspire.

Quote:
#3 -> not sure if its the fan below the start / stop button for temperature control. It has a small vent and fan makes 'kirrrrr' noise when engine is idle and AC is ON / just turned off. Part was not available and I couldn't get time to get this replaced. Should only be a 15-20 mins job to get this done.
It is the blower motor apparently.

Yep, same issue in Pune. Part was ordered from Mumbai, that took 5 days. Then install took one whole day. It is a really long job as it involves taking out the dashboard and so on. My car went in at 10am but I was given it back only the next day by noon.
Old 6th March 2019, 20:03   #11826
Team-BHP Support

Based on the general consensus and some advise privately and ownership review of libranof1987, I suggested my colleague to go for this.

He should get delivery of this on Friday.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190306-2.38.54-pm.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190306-2.38.53-pm.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190306-2.38.52-pm.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190306-2.38.51-pm.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20190306-2.38.49-pm.jpeg  

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th March 2019 at 20:06.
Turbanator is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 12:45   #11827
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Noob doubt here. I am aware of the oil consumption issues in the 2013 EcoSport tdci engines. (There's an entire thread about this issue). But why only would the EcoSport be suffering from this?
Yes, Even the All-New Fiesta launched in 2011 suffered from excessive oil consumption. Unfortunately, due to less number of ownership of the car, I think nobody talked much about it.

I have taken a 2015 ES Titanium TDCi (post facelift) last week. When I checked with the dealership, even my VIN is part of that vulnerable engine category .

My first feedback is the boot handle should be on the left as we park the car on the left side to load luggage.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img0780.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img0788.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img0785.jpg  

Old 11th March 2019, 21:27   #11828
BHPian

Quote:
My first feedback is the boot handle should be on the left as we park the car on the left side to load luggage.
since the car is parked towards left side, you always approach it from the right. Hence the door opens correctly otherwise it will act as a hindrance.
Old 12th March 2019, 11:23   #11829
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik hill View Post
since the car is parked towards left side, you always approach it from the right. Hence the door opens correctly otherwise it will act as a hindrance.
Sorry to differ here. The boot door opens towards the left and acts as a hindrance as we all generally wait on the left side with the luggage. If the opening is on the left, it is much closer and in some cases, there is no need to open the boot door fully.

Yes, we approach from the right, but that is nothing to do with this.
Old 13th March 2019, 16:02   #11830
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone replaced the brake pads with Brembo pads. Mine is a 2015 Ecoboost run only 9k kms however the bite isn't great. Can anyone suggest a reliable online source or any Brembo distributor in Mumbai. The Brembo site is not helpful at all.
Old 14th March 2019, 19:14   #11831
BHPian

A really good car! Jack of all trades and master in most! It has all the gizmos to keep one happy! It is one of the best SUVs this side of 10 lakhs (waiting for the XUV300 review). But the used market cars are horribly overpriced! Along with Ford’s strategy of deleting features
Old 14th March 2019, 22:20   #11832
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balderash_12 View Post
But the used market cars are horribly overpriced!
I was searching for almost 2 months and picked this. I am able to find very good ones around 8.25 Lakhs (2017 Titanium D) and I missed a 2018 (Titanium D, March 2018 Post Facelift)for just 8.8L. All have done less than 25k. These prices are quite reasonable, but applicable in Chennai only.
Old 15th March 2019, 04:40   #11833
Distinguished - BHPian

Starting to see some Ecosport Taxis here in Chennai, New base model Diesels. To me, this is proof of longevity, fuel efficiency and cheap maintenance of the Ecosport and lowe enough price points of the base models. Although it would down the image factor if there are too many Taxis running around.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 15th March 2019 at 04:42.
Old 15th March 2019, 06:03   #11834
BHPian

Quote:
I was searching for almost 2 months and picked this. I am able to find very good ones around 8.25 Lakhs (2017 Titanium D) and I missed a 2018 (Titanium D, March 2018 Post Facelift)for just 8.8L. All have done less than 25k. These prices are quite reasonable, but applicable in Chennai only.
You should see the prices in Bangalore. They are really tear-inducing (at least, from what examples I have seen). IMHO 8 lakh is too much but it’s a good buy considering it’s a 2017 model. I’m not ready to shell out more than 7 lakhs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Starting to see some Ecosport Taxis here in Chennai, New base model Diesels. To me, this is proof of longevity, fuel efficiency and cheap maintenance of the Ecosport and lowe enough price points of the base models. Although it would down the image factor if there are too many Taxis running around.
Even the Andhra Pradesh Police use it for highway patrols.
Old 15th March 2019, 08:36   #11835
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balderash_12 View Post
... 8 lakh is too much but it’s a good buy considering it’s a 2017 model. I’m not ready to shell out more than 7 lakhs.
8 lacs ISN'T TOO MUCH.
Ecosport is quite a nice, sorted product and gradually the market is also realising that it doesn't take much to maintain either.
I sold my Ecosport AT after 5.5 years of ownership for 5.8, still on original tyres and utterly reliable. The new owner is quite happy too, coz we keep in touch. And mind you, this is the DCT which is supposed to be a bit troublesome. I frequently see Ecosports in my part of the country being sold for handsome amounts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks