Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2019, 10:21   #11836
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by balderash_12 View Post
You should see the prices in Bangalore. They are really tear-inducing (at least, from what examples I have seen). IMHO 8 lakh is too much but it’s a good buy considering it’s a 2017 model. I’m not ready to shell out more than 7 lakhs.
No, just to remind, all the vehicles have run less than 25K....

Updated my SYNC version to 5.11.. Thanks ES gurus for wonderful guidance

Last edited by RGK : 15th March 2019 at 10:26.
Old 22nd March 2019, 10:51   #11837
BHPian

I got my TDCi Titanium back from service a couple of days and ever since then I've been noticing something off in the suspension setup. The car seems to bounce a lot on potholes or on speed breakers and there is a faint noise also. The service was a regular oil change service and I asked them to change the front brake pads and no other work was done. I got the tyre pressure checked and its about 31 so that doesn't seem to be the issue. Any idea how could they have ruined the suspension in a couple of hours of regular service? What else should I be looking at to verify before I go back to them?
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 16:35   #11838
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Did a long drive covering 1200kms. When the car was driven at 90km/h (2000 rpm), the mileage was 18.85 and after I crossed triple digits, it came down to ~17 kmpl. As rightly experienced by many, this is a real highway beast.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 22:39   #11839
BHPian

Guys, gonna book Ecosport Titanium Petrol Manual Race Red in a couple of days. The quoted price is 11.38 lakhs but it'll come down to around 11.10 lakh. I've read official review and hence I'm quite confident about my decision. After checking out Nexon and Ecosport, my heart was left at Ecosport while the brain still says Nexon. I'm definitely listening to my heart. Any suggestions for this purchase? This is my second car after Figo.
HarshGtR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 16:50   #11840
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGtR View Post
After checking out Nexon and Ecosport, my heart was left at Ecosport while the brain still says Nexon. I'm definitely listening to my heart. Any suggestions for this purchase? This is my second car after Figo.
Yes. Decision making becomes very tough during these kinds of situation. I recommend you to do a test drive both of these cars again and decide.
Old 27th March 2019, 17:33   #11841
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions for this purchase? This is my second car after Figo.
Never go by suggestion. Take decision based on your own TD experience. Recently i did a TD of Nexon and i found the ride bouncy in spite of having rave reviews about this car. To each his own.
For ex, when i was looking for a commuter two wheeler (resumed back to 2 wheel from 4 wheel after a decade), many suggested Electra/TBD considering my 6 ft ht and many suggested against FZ/Gixxer mentioning that the stance/height wont suit for taller rider. But i find FZ's stance more comfortable than Electra/TBD and im happy riding an FZ now.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 20:41   #11842
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, gonna book Ecosport Titanium Petrol Manual Race Red in a couple of days. The quoted price is 11.38 lakhs but it'll come down to around 11.10 lakh. I've read official review and hence I'm quite confident about my decision. After checking out Nexon and Ecosport, my heart was left at Ecosport while the brain still says Nexon. I'm definitely listening to my heart. Any suggestions for this purchase? This is my second car after Figo.
If it is petrol then Ecosport has the better one. It’s the diesel that creates confusion
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 21:20   #11843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
If it is petrol then Ecosport has the better one. It’s the diesel that creates confusion
Yes, Petrol Ecosport was much better than Petrol Nexon. That's why I chose Ecosport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Yes. Decision making becomes very tough during these kinds of situation. I recommend you to do a test drive both of these cars again and decide.
I didn't like Nexon. The gear throws were longer and the engine didn't feel like petrol engine. At a point, I was already tired of shifting gears and also didn't feel much difference between City and Sport mode. While the Ecosport felt much better in terms of refinement and performance. Although I hadn't set timer, Ecosport felt a little faster in 0-100 kmph acceleration.
Old 27th March 2019, 21:21   #11844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniyo View Post
Whether it's the petrol or the diesel, the Ecosport is the superior car in almost all respects other than ride quality where the Nexon edges ahead. Otherwise the Ecosport petrol has fantastic driveability, though the engine is let down a wee bit sure to the heavy weight of the vehicle. Though power figures are at par or better than C segment sedans, it's no match in pick-up due to the weight disadvantage.

However it drives very well in it's own right, especially low end pickup is quite sprightly and it's a breeze to drive in the city. Mid range is quite ok as well.

If you can though, pick up the TCDI. Absolutely wonderful engine .
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2019, 16:42   #11845
RGK
Senior - BHPian

A known technician advised driving below 1750 rpm for better mileage. He added, this 1.5 motor is a gas guzzler at high speeds and not to cross 2500 rpm. I am able to get 16kmpl inside the city.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th March 2019 at 13:41. Reason: Pic removed
Old 29th March 2019, 21:09   #11846

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I am able to get 16kmpl inside the city.

It Seems to be showing average speed of the trip as 16Km/h. On the related note, Iam getting an average mileage of 18 to 19 Km/Lit. with my 2014 Ecosport diesel in Jaipur traffic. I never exceed 60Km/h and I usually drive in a relaxed manner.
ACFT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2019, 10:03   #11847
BHPian

Ecosport 50k km service update

Ecosport TDCi 50k km service:

Our 2016 Ecosport Titanium + tdci went for its 50k km service last month. The car was running perfectly before the service except for one small sound that was irritating me. I first observed the sound a few months ago during a highway drive, there was this slight ringing kind of sound that was heard every time I lifted off the throttle. The sound was more noticeable when driving in a highway at night time, with low outside noise. Anyways since the sound was very minor, I decided to get it checked during the upcoming 50k km service.

I took the car for servicing (at CHAND FORD) & made my SA take note of the issue. I also asked them to get the EGR cleaned once, as it has never been cleaned & I personally believe 50k km is long enough to get the EGR cleaned.

Then went on a test drive with the main technician & made him listen to the ringing sound. He acknowledged that a faint sound was there & he would take care of it. First they changed the engine oil & the filters, finally one technician was assigned to take out the EGR & clean it. The EGR in the 1.5 TDCi engine is located in a difficult to access area, it's placed near the firewall. Finally the EGR was out & as expected it was a bit clogged.

Since all the major things were taken care off (except the ringing sound), I went home. Then in the afternoon my SA informed me that they have found a leak from some O ring in the driveshaft, the O ring would need replacement & transmission oil would need to topped up (the damaged O ring was leaking transmission oil). I gave them a go ahead. Finally late in the evening the car was ready for delivery. I was curious to find out what they did about the ringing sound, to which my SA told me that it went away after cleaning the EGR. As it was getting late & I trusted my SA, I took delivery without taking a proper TD.

The final bill was Rs. 6908, which is a bit on the higher side. But consider the fact that the EGR was cleaned, one oil seal was replaced, & transmission oil topped up, 7k sounds reasonable.

The final bill:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-50k-service-final.jpg

The immediate effect after the EGR cleaning was reduction in black smoke under hard acceleration, though I couldn't find any noticeable increase in performance after the EGR cleaning. Then the next day on an early morning drive, I noticed that the ringing sound was still there. Furious, I took the car back to FASS, & asked them to properly check the issue. I had some work to do, so didn't stay with the car & went home. After 2 hours or so I received a call from my SA, asking me to come over as one of his seniors wanted to have a word with me.

The guy in question, the floor manager was adamant that there was no sound & asked me to accompany him for a test drive. I declined & asked him to put the car on ramp & put it in gear. Sure enough, the ringing sound was easily noticeable every time the driver lifted off the throttle. So, finally they asked for some time (or days) to diagnose the problem.

Next day they called me & informed me that they think the turbo might be faulty. So, I visit the service center & find that they are fitting a new turbo in the car. After that we go for a test drive, everything is same as before including the ringing sound. It is now confirmed that my turbo is okay, so they fit back the old turbo.

After some more diagnosis, next day they took out the timing belt & checked for tensioner bearing sound. Of course the timing belt tensioner was in good condition, it was only then it dawned on me that they were clueless about the problem. Then I requested my SA to take help of Ford India since the mechanics were clueless.

Then the next day they informed me, that they are swapping the whole exhaust system (including the EGR) & if it doesn't solve the problem, they will seek help of Ford India. The circus of taking the exhaust out & fitting it back took two days. Unfortunately as I had some work, I was not in Guwahati on that day. So, my Mom called them for an update & my Mom wasn't convinced with the explanation they gave her. I finally thought enough is enough, sent an email to the customer care explaining the whole situation.

Within a hour or so after sending the mail, someone from Ford India contacted us & told that the problem would be solved at the earliest. Then a panicked SA called me & assured me that they have contacted Ford India for help & any further action will be taken after consulting Ford India.

One day later they finally inform me that after consulting with Ford engineers, they have come to the conclusion that this sound is present in some Ecosport diesels & there is nothing to be worried about. My Mom was quite impatient by then & she gave me firm instructions not to drag this any further, as the ringing sound didn't have any noticeable effect on the car's performance.

So, I went to FASS to take delivery & also asked them to show proof that the ringing sound was also there in other Ecosport diesels. They had specifically made two videos (one of my car & one of another Ecosport diesel) to show the ringing sound, sure enough the sound was also there in that Ecosport (though it was a bit less than our car). I checked the other car's history, it was 2 months older than our car & had a similar 47k km on the odometer. Not willingly to drag this further, I took delivery of the car. Finally I asked them why did they keep my car in the workshop for 1 week, when they could have checked with another Ecosport of my vintage, to which I was told that this was the first time someone (i.e me) had bothered about this sound .

Since then we have done around 2k kilometers & there is no change in the car's performance. So, I have made peace with the ringing sound & hopefully it won't have any ill effect in the long term.

Here are the videos which the SA shared with me, guys please listen to the videos carefully & tell me what do you people think about the sound. The ringing kind of sound is heard after lifting off the accelerator pedal.

Video 1 is of my car:

Video 2 is of my car:

Video 3 is of the test car:

Last edited by chiranjitp : 2nd April 2019 at 10:27.
chiranjitp is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 12:47   #11848
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ecosport 50k km service update

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
Since then we have done around 2k kilometers & there is no change in the car's performance. So, I have made peace with the ringing sound & hopefully it won't have any ill effect in the long term.
Indeed there is a sound, which is very distinctive when you are lifting off your foot from the accelerator pedal. Does not sound that serious as you have had no issues with the car's performance for the last 2K kms. It sounds like some kind of hose clip or round/circular fastener or some cover has become loose, which is banging on some metal part at the resonating frequency. This part could be anywhere from the engine right till the exhaust. Did you also get the engine mounts checked for unreasonable vibrations? In your comparative videos, the NVH levels of the first video sounded to be more compared to the 3rd video.
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 17:41   #11849
BHPian

Re: Ecosport 50k km service update

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
Ecosport TDCi 50k km service:

With the AC turned off, the pulley should run without contacting the clutch face. If the air gap is not adjusted properly during manufacture, the clutch will not disengage fully when AC is switched off and will keep rubbing against the metal face of the pulley. If a lubricant is sprayed in the location when engine is running, the noise will stop!

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4536806 (2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review)

Improper Rotor to Hub Air Gap
An incorrect air gap can cause a clutch to engage or disengage improperly. This is particularly true on Sanden, Seltec, and Frigidaire/GMC style compressor clutches. Before operating a compressor of this type, check the hub/armature to rotor/pulley air gap. Check the required specifications for your particular type of compressor clutch in the illustrated section of the A/C parts catalog. These clutches may involve adding or removing shims to properly gap the hub. New manufactured compressor & clutch assemblies are properly gapped at the factory. Most clutch failures or problems relating to improper air gap can be traced to improper clutch replacement in the field. Check to see if this applies before returning possible warranties.

https://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/e...ures/t-1229744
proton is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2019, 19:17   #11850
BHPian

Has anyone recently updated the sync software version on their Ecosport? I've got a 2015 AT and attempted to update the Sync software today. It took over 20mins but I'm not sure if the update was successful as it only said system updated but nothing else happened. I read online that I'll get a voice prompt confirming successful install, which didn't happen in my case.
I tried to install it again but it failed stating file isn't correct version.
My current Sync software version is 5.11 - is this the latest one? HELP!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks