Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-792.html)

Guys,

Last week while driving around Ooty, the check engine light came up. We pulled over to the side and restarted the car and it was gone. Anything to worry about? Fuel was about half tank. Engine was a bit stressed during the hill-climbs but this happened within the town while climbing a mild incline after the car was resting for a while during our lunch break. I do not see any reason for the light to come up as the car has clocked about 12.5K kms and had been recently serviced at 10K kms and is maintained well by religiously following cold-start idling and idling at end of trips, fuel fill-ups at Shell only etc
I have been commuting to work post that for 2 days now and everything seems normal but my OCD is bothering me. Should I get it diagnosed at FASS?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funny (Post 4606523)
Last week while driving around Ooty, the check engine light came up.

The CEL coming on could mean various things. It would be a good idea to get the car scanned at a FNG/Ford A.S.S for error codes; if something does come up, you could then decide to get it fixed at either.

Not sure how true this news is, as per them Ecosport is going to discontinued and Ford will rebadge XUV300 and other Mahindra products as Ford.

https://www.rushlane.com/mahindra-fo...-12313877.html

I had taken my car to FASS and they diagnosed it to some software glitch and updated the so called "Instrument Panel Console" module. The car is running fine, not that it wasn't running fine before anyway.

Took delivery of updated Trend diesel a few days back. I had opted for 5 year extended warranty, but not received any warranty document at the time of delivery. Dealer said that it will be emailed by Ford, later followed by the hardcopy. Is this true? If yes, how many days it will take?

Quote:

Originally Posted by knightrider_7 (Post 4612508)
Took delivery of updated Trend diesel a few days back. I had opted for 5 year extended warranty, but not received any warranty document at the time of delivery. Dealer said that it will be emailed by Ford, later followed by the hardcopy. Is this true? If yes, how many days it will take?

Yep; it can take time. In fact, I don't have mine; just the payment receipt. Have you created an account on the Ford website yet? https://www.india.ford.com/sync/

After a couple of weeks; log in and check your vehicle history. The Warranty details will be updated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4612575)
Have you created an account on the Ford website yet? https://www.india.ford.com/sync/

After a couple of weeks; log in and check your vehicle history. The Warranty details will be updated.

Thanks for the information. I had already registered on the site using VIN before taking delivery. But not able to see vehicle history option as of now. Will check after 2-3 weeks.

Hi All,

Can anyone help me with the part number for the spark plug wires for the 2015 EcoSport Ecoboost. Need to get a replacement and apparently the FASS never have these in stock.

Secondly could someone recommend the best engine oil. Looking for synthetic. My running does not exceed approx 5k kms per year but would still prefer synthetic.

Thanks.

Regards,
Raj

After driving small and medium hatchbacks for a considerable period of time (almost two decades), I have finally decided to switch over to a compact SUV/Crossover. Made some initial study, finalized the budget and shortlisted 3 cars: Ford Ecosport, Maruti S Cross and Tata Nexon. Better half did not like Nexon and I did not like S Cross. Fortunately, our views converged on Ecosport Titanium. Also, decent experience with our present Figo titled the scale towards ES.

After going through all the comments in Team BHP forum, I find that all the 3 models of Ecosport viz 1.5L Petrol, 1,5L Diesel and 1.0L Ecoboost have their own set of advantage (and disadvantage). I am about to book one ES in another 7 days time. Am little bit confused which model will be most suitable for 70-30 city/highway drive with a max of 1000 km monthly drive. Price or FE are not constraints. I found the diesel titanium a good choice. But, not sure about 2 things-how it will behave in congested city drive in Pune and how good will be pick up/power in highways. AT is not my favorite. Could not get a clear cut idea even after spending lot of time with demo car of the dealer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by purnendubagchi (Post 4612824)
Price or FE are not constraints. I found the diesel titanium a good choice. But, not sure about 2 things-how it will behave in congested city drive in Pune and how good will be pick up/power in highways. AT is not my favorite. Could not get a clear cut idea even after spending lot of time with demo car of the dealer.

Earlier this year, when I was in the market for a new car, I undertook multiple test drives of all versions of the Ecosport. While the diesel was initially my first choice, due to various reasons, I realised that it was not suitable for city driving, at least in my case. I would advise you to check out the Dragon engined version, this is a good engine with great drivability, and also good highway manners. The clutch on the diesel gets progressively heavy with usage, and I found it pretty annoying to manage this in stop and go Bangalore traffic. I was not ready to live with that heavy a clutch in regular city traffic conditions. Also, the overall feel of the TDCI is pretty heavy and ponderous, not as light footed and responsive as I would have liked my car to be. The ride quality of the Ecosport is also not great, with all potholes and road imperfections filtering in at all times. However, these are my personal impressions, someone who is used to driving diesel vehicles may be perfectly OK with these issues.

The Dragon engine however, is pretty responsive at low and mid-ranges, and has a much lighter clutch setup. Overall, much easier to drive. For your mileage of 1000 kms a month, it makes absolutely no sense to go for a diesel, in my view. Not to mention the debatable future of diesel cars n the country - that was also an important point which formed part of my decision making process. I was not ready to spend a big amount on a diesel car only to find out the government's apathy towards diesel in the coming years.

I ultimately settled for a different car altogether (from a different segment), since I was looking for a very good and responsive petrol engine. The Ecosport diesel with its heavy clutch and stiff ride quality did not cut it for me. Ended up cancelling my initial booking.

The EcoSport is a handsome car by itself, still very few posts for modified EcoSport in this thread, so adding mine.
IMO tastefully done stripes in a car can do wonders to its look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkaushik (Post 4613230)
The EcoSport is a handsome car by itself, still very few posts for modified EcoSport in this thread, so adding mine.
IMO tastefully done stripes in a car can do wonders to its look.

Some how I am not getting convinced with the current look of the car. The photo angle may be the culprit or the width of the stripes. IMO, blackening all the chrome bits itself would have made a much sporty appearance than with the stripes. Strictly my personal opinion, as we say beauty is in the eyes of beholder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavi (Post 4613331)
Some how I am not getting convinced with the current look of the car. The photo angle may be the culprit or the width of the stripes. IMO, blackening all the chrome bits itself would have made a much sporty appearance than with the stripes. Strictly my personal opinion, as we say beauty is in the eyes of beholder.

agree: In fact I am planning to de-chrome the front grille, just that I am being a bit lazy. BTW this look is inspired by Mustang's stripes and also the below image my friend sent me (looks wicked):

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkaushik (Post 4613364)
agree: In fact I am planning to de-chrome the front grille, just that I am being a bit lazy. BTW this look is inspired by Mustang's stripes and also the below image my friend sent me (looks wicked):

Looks brilliant! Are your stripes black or blue? I had a set of black stripes on my Red Swift long back.

Please do de-chrome the front! Will make the ride look sweet!

P.S. While the picture sent by your friend looks great, please be cautious of tinting your headlights! Safety first :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDiSLover (Post 4613667)
Looks brilliant! Are your stripes black or blue? I had a set of black stripes on my Red Swift long back.

My stripes are black, but somehow in the picture it looks a bit blueish (maybe because of my phone camera). Stripes on a swift looks great more often than not and your car is no exception clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DDiSLover (Post 4613667)
Please do de-chrome the front! Will make the ride look sweet!

P.S. While the picture sent by your friend looks great, please be cautious of tinting your headlights! Safety first :)

Yes, agree: also tinting the headlights is a cumbersome affair and should be done by an expert so I might skip that.