Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2019, 15:22   #11941
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr1ngleo View Post
Dear BHPians,

The Ford manual recommends using this SAE 5W-30 as engine oil. Googling it, shows it is a synthetic oil. Should this synthetic oil be used from day one for 1.5 TDCi? From what I know, synthetics should be used only once the engines starts ageing. (Pardon my ignorance, coming from petrol engines) TIA.
I have an Ecoboost and it comes with synthetic right from the factory. I recently changed to 5W40 Castrol Synthetic Oil as i was not able to procure Castrol 5W30 outside of Ford and I service my car at my friends garage. As far as I know, i think many modern engines come filled with synthetic oil right from start.

Even for my previous cars i have used synthetic at early stages without any detrimental effect.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 13:13   #11942
BHPian

Having a peculiar issue with my 2016 Ecosport titanium TDCi.

In Aug 2018 the front passenger side power window failed. While Ford ASC initially claimed that power windows would not be covered under warranty, I took up with Ford India and after due clarifications, the ASC replaced the same under warranty.

Subsequently the left and right rear passenger power windows failed in Mar 2019 and July 2019 respectively and I had both replaced under warranty from the same ASC. When I enquired regarding the reason for such an issue, they claimed that no other vehicles had reported such a problem and advised to take care to not get the power window units exposed to moisture / water.

Now, the front passenger unit is not working again, and raises a doubt whether the ASC replaced the part at all during the first instance. Further my extended warranty is expiring in Dec 2019, and I am worried that this issue is going to persist for the other power window units.

Any input or advice is appreciated.
Old 17th October 2019, 13:21   #11943
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Having a peculiar issue with my 2016 Ecosport titanium TDCi.
When you get it fixed this time under warranty - ask for details about what actually broke. Was it the winder motor OR the clips on the winder arm on which the glass rests. Did you hear motor / taktak sounds when the windows failed? Or it was all silent? If silent, the motor failed.

Anyway - to be sure that they replaced, if possible stay with the car during the service. I generally do that. If not possible - ask for photos during service on Whatsapp & then ensure you take the replaced part with you after repair. Its your property anyway. You can throw it away afterwards if you like. But don't take their word for replacement. Ask for actual items.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 14:00   #11944
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I have an Ecoboost and it comes with synthetic right from the factory. I recently changed to 5W40 Castrol Synthetic Oil as i was not able to procure Castrol 5W30 outside of Ford and I service my car at my friends garage. As far as I know, i think many modern engines come filled with synthetic oil right from start.

Even for my previous cars i have used synthetic at early stages without any detrimental effect.
Yes, even Nexon Diesel come in with synthetic oil. I got mine changed at 7000KM during the second service, despite the scheduled change at 15000.
aniyo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2019, 18:46   #11945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Cross-posting the below from my ownership thread of the Ecosport sicne that is quite old and I did not get a response to my question there. Mine is the original Titanium (O) TDCI from the very first batch, acquired in July/August 2013, as soon as the vehicle was launched. Hopefully Ecosport pre-facelift owners can help with my query below:

However, the ride has become very very bouncy, esopecially going over big humps. There is a rebound effect, as the rear wheels leave the bump, there is a thud and then one more thud as the car bounces and settles again.

Any advice on what this could be due to? Do I need to send the car in again for inspection or is this notmal when the rear coil spring pad and link rod are replaced?
Seems completely unusual. Ride should only get better after the repairs to the suspension. Get this checked with the Service Advisor.
Old 19th October 2019, 15:31   #11946
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Anyway - to be sure that they replaced, if possible stay with the car during the service. I generally do that. If not possible - ask for photos during service on Whatsapp & then ensure you take the replaced part with you after repair. Its your property anyway. You can throw it away afterwards if you like. But don't take their word for replacement. Ask for actual items.
ASC claims faulty parts replaced under warranty cannot be provided since they have reconciliation.

I am staying with the ASC today to check the issue.

Last edited by Pequod : 19th October 2019 at 15:36.
Old 20th October 2019, 11:11   #11947
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risga View Post
Seems completely unusual. Ride should only get better after the repairs to the suspension. Get this checked with the Service Advisor.

All fixed now, happy to report. The car needed a new rear shock absorber and this was put in at a cost of around 5K. The ride has smoothed out now and the car feels like new in all aspects. In fact, the suspension seems softer than when the car was new, my guess is they are now using the shock absorbers from the facelifted Ecosport ratehr than the original Ecosport, the facelift is supposed to have improved the suspension in the interests of ride quality.

So just Rs. 29K spent on a complete overhaul after 6 years, to get the car back to almost new - Am indeed a very happy and satisfied customer! I had booked a Kia Seltos since I was getting a bit tired of the heavy clutch and the rough ride, but now after this overhaul, I am in two minds if I should go ahead, since theEcosport now feels like a new car. Looking forward to a long highway trip again in the next month or so!

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 20th October 2019 at 11:13.
Old 20th October 2019, 23:13   #11948
Senior - BHPian

After the recent service at my FNG, took the car out today for a 200km drive over smooth highways and equally bad roads. For the first time ever in the last 4 years, i saw 16.6kmpl as the highest and settle at 15.5kmpl after the trip ended.
Had gone for a 1200km trip after buying the car but it had only touched 14kmpl then post which it would always hover around 10kmpl within city.
I am a bit surprised today with the increase in the FE. Btw this is a 2015 Ecoboost and completed 10k kms today.
Old 28th October 2019, 16:28   #11949
BHPian

I have an issue, well a few of them, but I am currently only talking about the ones that I cannot find a solution for.

I recently bought a Ford EcoSport 1.0 2014 EcoBoost from salvage insurance auction, the issue with it was that it had a fuel leak and therefore burnt some part of the engine wiring etc. nothing major but that still constituted in total loss.

The issue I am facing is that the infotainment system is not entering the "Sync Settings" in the Menu to pair it with my Phone. The Audio system, radio etc all functions work fine, even the "OK" button works fine, and in fact all menu options work fine but cannot go into "Sync Settings". I've checked the fuses and they all seem fine, but not sure what is wrong with it for not working.

If anyone has any idea why that might be, please let me know.
Old 2nd November 2019, 19:18   #11950
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Dear BHPians,

Today I got the delivery of EcoSport TDCi. I drove it from showroom to home. However the gear shifts were not at all slick (like Hyundai). Took some effort to slot them in. Is that typical of a new vehicle? This is August 2019 manufactured vehicle, hope that's not very old, to affect the underneath bushes in gearbox?

Thanks.
spr1ngleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 11:01   #11951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear BHPians,

Today I got the delivery of EcoSport TDCi. I drove it from showroom to home. However the gear shifts were not at all slick (like Hyundai). Took some effort to slot them in. Is that typical of a new vehicle? This is August 2019 manufactured vehicle, hope that's not very old, to affect the underneath bushes in gearbox?

Thanks.
Gearshifts will certainly ease out after a few thousand kilometers on the clock. However, the Ecosport gearbox does not have the smoothness of a Hyundai, Honda or Suzuki. While I cant call it bad, its not right up there with the Asian manufacturers, so please peg your expectations accordingly. But it will get better for sure. Give it about 2000 or 3000 odd kms to get there.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 13:10   #11952
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear BHPians,
Finally here you are! You were missing for quite a while there. Congratulations on the acquisition spr1ngleo. Got it just around the festivities. Nice. Wish you & the family many safe & happy miles with the tank.

Yes - the gearbox will get a little smoother after a month or 2 of use (and you'll also get more used to it, thus not feeling any issue). Not Hyundai or Suzuki smooth, but it will be much better than what it is now. If you are feeling any notchy shifts to 1st gear - that will sure get sorted. Do make sure that you are fully pressing the clutch pedal to the floor always. Take a judicious effort to pay attention. Sometimes it takes time to get used to a new clutch after using previous car for a while (if you had one).

Pictures please! What things did you get from dealership? Any add-ons done already?

P.S. - this is a 1.5 petrol thread. I'm reporting these posts to be moved to the other EcoSport thread as yours is a diesel.

Last edited by Reinhard : 4th November 2019 at 13:12.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 13:12   #11953
BHPian

Thanks Reinhard, for your kind wishes. That's what I thought, gearbox will be little smoother after a while. Will post pictures in some time.
Old 5th November 2019, 08:26   #11954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Pictures please! What things did you get from dealership? Any add-ons done already?
Did not go for any accessories yet, thinking of black seat covers but also weary of the fact that it might spoil the ergonomics of seating/driving position. Extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year is available, but I did not go for it, is it worth?

Cheap Stepney cover I ordered from Amazon, wanted to keep costs low as much as possible.

Haven't taken this one for a spin on highways, looking forward to it. Thanks.
Old 5th November 2019, 09:27   #11955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did not go for any accessories yet, thinking of black seat covers but also weary of the fact that it might spoil the ergonomics of seating/driving position. Extended warranty for 3rd and 4th year is available, but I did not go for it, is it worth?
How many airbags does your car have? If its anything more than 2, I think you can't install seat covers anyway. If just the front 2, then yes good black leather(ette) covers look wonderful on an ES.

Its not a question of "worth" at all. Extended warranty is a necessity. Its a lot more than worth. Please buy that first before any accessories if you are prioritizing expenses by chance like I had to.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks