Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2019, 07:24   #11971
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

The lug nuts of my 2016 Ecosport are deformed and cannot be removed. Planning to take the vehicle to ASS, need advice on which lug nuts to buy so that the problem does not recur. I read in older posts that the Figo nuts are a match for the Ecosport. Is it advisable to swap out all the nuts for the Figo type nuts?
Old 7th December 2019, 11:33   #11972

Pantone color systems announce a 'Color of the year' every year. For the upcoming year, Classic Blue has been announced as the pick for #Pantone2020. Of the many hues of blue that exist in the market across brands, 'Lightning Blue' of the Ecosport is one of the better blues out there- balancing sportiness and formal.
Old 8th December 2019, 21:54   #11973
BANNED

Dear Friends,
A week ago, I managed to lay my hands on a fantastic piece of art-ES Titanium Diesel Silver and until this minute the drive has been nothing short of fantabulous. Initially,I had planned Tata Nexon petrol Silver variant overcoming many a reactions and my family's first choice was always ES and even went to the extent of paying the advance.After 35 days, the dealers let me know that Tata has stopped producing silver colour and from the very beginning I'm very clear regardless of brands the colour will be Silver only. As luck would have favoured me there was silver variant available with Ford dealer and on cross checking the Vin no.(September manufactured) I just booked it. The whole process from visiting the ES showroom to taking delivery all in a week's time was a breeze because of the excellent support provided by my SA at Hansford Chennai and I would simply say a good SA regardless of the showroom will help you cruise through the process and I simply got him and other employees gifts. I got very good discount too including Ford employee discount and also a good exchange rate for my 13 year old flood affected Santro car. Overall, the experience was nothing short of satisfying. Just a snap of my "Beautiful creature"
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20191208_134854_hdr2.jpg  

Last edited by Danny121 : 8th December 2019 at 22:07.
Danny121 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 10:50   #11974
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny121 View Post
Just a snap of my "Beautiful creature"
Congrats on your EcoSport! Have a wonderful ownership period.

Surprising to note: flood-affected cars are also taken in exchange?

PS: Is it common in that region to park in the middle of the road on what looks like a bridge? Definitely not safe. Looking at the pic, I half expected this to talk about how the car left your stranded.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 12:02   #11975
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Congrats on your EcoSport! Have a wonderful ownership period.

Surprising to note: flood-affected cars are also taken in exchange?

PS: Is it common in that region to park in the middle of the road on what looks like a bridge? Definitely not safe. Looking at the pic, I half expected this to talk about how the car left your stranded.
Thanks, just thought of taking the snap in the evening sun and will be very careful in the future.
Old 13th December 2019, 09:25   #11976
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Hi All,

I just noticed some rust (?) on the surface of my turbo of ES diesel . I'm not sure if this actually even rust or some sort of coating they might have given. Can some owners please confirm if it's just some coating or actual rust and need to take this into the shop to have it checked as the car is just 2 months old.

I'm attaching some pictures of the same.

TIAFord EcoSport : Official Review-20191213_091908.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20191213_091927.jpg
Old 13th December 2019, 10:28   #11977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi'd View Post
Hi All,

Can some owners please confirm if it's just some coating or actual rust and need to take this into the shop to have it checked as the car is just 2 months old.
This is a thin film of powder rust over casting surface and this is not abnormal. This kind of rust forms over TCs, brake rotors and other iron components of the car when exposed to moisture and wet conditions. This should be easily removable over a spray of rust remover and is not a sign of worry.

Cheers,
Vijay
vvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 10:31   #11978
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi'd View Post
Hi All,

I just noticed some rust (?) on the surface of my turbo of ES diesel . I'm not sure if this actually even rust or some sort of coating they might have given. Can some owners please confirm if it's just some coating or actual rust and need to take this into the shop to have it checked as the car is just 2 months old.
Hey TDCi'd, its absolutely normal to see surface rust on turbo chargers. Its common on all cars. You'll see it in Audis too.

Reason is simple. Turbo housings get extremely hot & heat accelerates oxidation on surface. There are no fool-proof galvanizing / coating techniques that hold at such temperatures. So they rust. But it won't continue to rust fast and kill the turbo in a matter of years. It will settle at the level in your image pretty much.

By the way, I think this post belongs in the diesel EcoSport thread while its in the petrol thread. I'm reporting it to be moved.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2019, 10:49   #11979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
By the way, I think this post belongs in the diesel EcoSport thread while its in the petrol thread. I'm reporting it to be moved.
Since the diesel EcoSport engine was a carryover from the previous version, only the petrol was reviewed as part of the facelift. However I guess all of the facelift's news, observations, and issues are being discussed here and that the previous gen EcoSport's issues are being discussed in its respective older thread.

Cheers,
Vijay
vvijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2019, 11:26   #11980
BHPian

Had given my 2016 Ecosport for routine servicing, and SA says battery health has depleted. He advised against getting battery from outside since there have been cases of electronics/ECM failures when non Ford batteries are used.

I was thinking of getting an Amaron with 5 year warranty but this statement from the SA made me rethink. Is there any substance or truth to this?

Appreciate inputs from members.
Old 15th December 2019, 11:46   #11981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
The lug nuts of my 2016 Ecosport are deformed and cannot be removed. Planning to take the vehicle to ASS, need advice on which lug nuts to buy so that the problem does not recur. I read in older posts that the Figo nuts are a match for the Ecosport. Is it advisable to swap out all the nuts for the Figo type nuts?
Fyi..I got 2 nuts changed a few days back during a recent service. Price is 245 per piece excluding taxes.

Quote:
Had given my 2016 Ecosport for routine servicing, and SA says battery health has depleted. He advised against getting battery from outside since there have been cases of electronics/ECM failures when non Ford batteries are used.

I was thinking of getting an Amaron with 5 year warranty but this statement from the SA made me rethink. Is there any substance or truth to this?

Appreciate inputs from members.
Did you check the battery report? Are you experiencing any lag during starts or any random errors being displayed?
Absolutely no issues in installing a non-OEM battery.
Old 15th December 2019, 15:46   #11982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Fyi..I got 2 nuts changed a few days back during a recent service. Price is 245 per piece excluding taxes.

Did you check the battery report? Are you experiencing any lag during starts or any random errors being displayed?
Absolutely no issues in installing a non-OEM battery.
Got all the nuts changed, at the same price ie 245 plus taxes per nut.

Regarding battery, yes did check the report and it’s in the orange zone. The ABS error light and warning chime has also been going off randomly on ignition during the last couple weeks, so I guess the battery is weak.
Had a detailed discussion with the SA. He advises it’s better to go with Ford battery, since there have been cases of ECM/electronics failures otherwise. Though not on the Ecosport, but the Figo and Aspire. Not sure what to do here, since this particular ASS has been quite transparent in their dealings, and I don’t find any reason for them to mislead me.

Last edited by Pequod : 15th December 2019 at 15:48.
Old 15th December 2019, 15:53   #11983
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

This statement is nothing but a nice dose of fresh BS. As long as you fit the right rating and fit it right, a battery (whether from Ford A.S.S. or outside) will make no difference. It is in premium cars (eg. Mercedes) where cars need to be programmed after replacing the batteries that one would advise getting it done at A.S.S. itself.

The stock battery on my EcoSport gave trouble at 18 months; got it replaced at a friend's garage with Amaron and there's not been a single issue since.
Old 15th December 2019, 16:07   #11984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
This statement is nothing but a nice dose of fresh BS. As long as you fit the right rating and fit it right, a battery (whether from Ford A.S.S. or outside) will make no difference.
Herein lies the problem. Though I can’t dismiss the possibility, this A.S.S. has never given me such BS in my 3 years of dealing with them. They would also be kind of wary pulling such a stunt since they know that I usually tend to escalate issues, if any, to Ford India.

Last edited by Pequod : 15th December 2019 at 16:08. Reason: Grammar!
Old 15th December 2019, 17:37   #11985
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding battery, yes did check the report and it's in the orange zone. The ABS error light and warning chime has also been going off randomly on ignition during the last couple weeks, so I guess the battery is weak.
Had a detailed discussion with the SA. He advises it's better to go with Ford battery, since there have been cases of ECM/electronics failures otherwise. Though not on the Ecosport, but the Figo and Aspire. Not sure what to do here, since this particular ASS has been quite transparent in their dealings, and I don't find any reason for them to mislead me.
You can get a new battery fitted from outside. In my case I have only had good experience with the OEM battery. My 2013 EcoSport's battery lasted for 5+ years and then I got it replaced with another Motorcraft one. But there is a very good majority running on Non-OEM's.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks