Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-803.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordlover88 (Post 4818367)
Yes the radiator fan is really loud and creating lots of vibration. Something is wrong with the fan i guess. Hope changing the radiator fan solves the issue as my car is still under extended warranty.

There is a plastic knob holding the fan in place and most probably it has broken, happens many a times. If there is a vibration even after you switch off your engine then I suggest you to check for that knob. The service guys will just change the knob/screw and I hope that sorts out the issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 (Post 4818369)
There is a plastic knob holding the fan in place and most probably it has broken, happens many a times. If there is a vibration even after you switch off your engine then I suggest you to check for that knob. The service guys will just change the knob/screw and I hope that sorts out the issue.

Yes the fan keeps running for few seconds even after switching off the engine. Service centres are already overloaded with amphan related vehicles. Don't know how much time will they take to attend this. Can it be solved in a reputed fng?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordlover88 (Post 4818372)
Yes the fan keeps running for few seconds even after switching off the engine. Service centres are already overloaded with amphan related vehicles. Don't know how much time will they take to attend this. Can it be solved in a reputed fng?

No idea about any FNG but I can help you with the service center at Topsia( Ganges Ford) and since your car is also under extended warranty, it doesn’t make sense to go to a FNG anyways. Please PM me your number and I will try help you in whatever capacity I can.

Regards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordlover88 (Post 4818372)
Yes the fan keeps running for few seconds even after switching off the engine.

Is your car a petrol Ecosport? I have never observed the fan running after switching off the engine in our Ecosport diesel, even after 300km of continuous running. The fan running for a few seconds (after switching off the engine) if the engine is hot, was a feature even in the older Figo petrol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiranjitp (Post 4818387)
Is your car a petrol Ecosport? I have never observed the fan running after switching off the engine in our Ecosport diesel, even after 300km of continuous running. The fan running for a few seconds (after switching off the engine) if the engine is hot, was a feature even in the older Figo petrol.

No mine is diesel. I haven't faced this issue before even after driving 400 kms at a stretch. I think mine is similar to @ABHI_1512's case. Will get it checked soon.

Hello friends.
I am getting an offer of 5 lac for my 1 lac km run 2013 ambient ecosport diesel which is otherwise in mint condition. I am also getting 2007 model 1.5 lac run ford fusion diesel along with the amount. Whole deal is offered within family.
So guys, how do you find the deal. For me the deal is irresistable, but the thing which is holding me back is the lack of competent product which can replace my ecosport. I am planning to go for the deal and use ford fusion for some more time till jimny is launched (if ever that happens). So guys what you would do if you were in my shoes??

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiranjitp (Post 4818387)

I have the '16 petrol EcoSport (AT). If you drive for a while with the a/c running and switch off the engine, there are occasions when the fan remains running even after you've switched off the engine and locked the car. To avoid this (potentially drain the battery), after I reach my destination, I tend to wait for a few seconds until the fan switches off and then turn off the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi (Post 4818586)
So guys what you would do if you were in my shoes??

What are you getting out this deal? Exchanging the EcoSport for the Fusion - a vehicle that is long out of production? But yes, given how prices have ballooned, there isn't a capable replacement for the EcoSport. But if you want a vehicle like Jimny, there are options available, albeit from two segments higher.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi (Post 4818586)
Hello friends.
I am getting an offer of 5 lac for my 1 lac km run 2013 ambient ecosport diesel which is otherwise in mint condition. I am also getting 2007 model 1.5 lac run ford fusion diesel along with the amount. Whole deal is offered within family.
So guys, how do you find the deal. For me the deal is irresistable, but the thing which is holding me back is the lack of competent product which can replace my ecosport. I am planning to go for the deal and use ford fusion for some more time till jimny is launched (if ever that happens). So guys what you would do if you were in my shoes??

That is an unbelievable deal! I have a much less run (30K kms) 2013 Titanium Optional TDCI and would be lucky to get 5 lakhs for it. You can take a scan across olx listings. An 1 lakh km run 2013 Ambient will not fetch more than 3.5 - 4 lakhs.

The Fusion would be worth at least another 1 lakh, so the whole deal sounds too good to be true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordlover88 (Post 4818367)
Yes the radiator fan is really loud and creating lots of vibration. Something is wrong with the fan i guess. Hope changing the radiator fan solves the issue as my car is still under extended warranty. My car has done close to 53k kms in 3 years 8 months.

I've noticed this recently after lockdown, my cars radiator fan is suddenly very very noisy. I'm thinking of taking it down to the service center but because of the situation they are swamped as well. Do let me know if changing the fan helps with the sound!

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiranjitp (Post 4818315)
No, the sound only came during engine startup & shutdown (i.e when the engine shakes a bit).

Yes, my 2015 ecosport too sometimes makes such noise during startup and shutdown, not regularly though. It's not that irritating for me but I think it's emanating from the radiator fan and so thinking of lubricating the fan shaft-bearing during my next service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 4818713)
I have the '16 petrol EcoSport (AT). If you drive for a while with the a/c running and switch off the engine, there are occasions when the fan remains running even after you've switched off the engine and locked the car. To avoid this (potentially drain the battery), after I reach my destination, I tend to wait for a few seconds until the fan switches off and then turn off the car.

Even i am doing the same now a days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDCi'd (Post 4818961)
I've noticed this recently after lockdown, my cars radiator fan is suddenly very very noisy. I'm thinking of taking it down to the service center but because of the situation they are swamped as well. Do let me know if changing the fan helps with the sound!

Yes sure. Planning to take my vehicle to service centre this week. But my main concern is how much time will they take to repair this as they are already overloaded with cars.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordlover88 (Post 4819511)
Yes sure. Planning to take my vehicle to service centre this week. But my main concern is how much time will they take to repair this as they are already overloaded with cars.

Update: Ac of my ecosport stopped working all of a sudden yesterday. Took it to Ford service today. The radiator fan had gone kaput. The same was replaced under warranty and thankfully got my car today itself. The loud sound from radiator fan is gone now.

@mods: Kindly merge this post with my previous post.

Hey guys,

I'm having this peculiar issue with my car. I'm getting the check engine light when I switch on the car in accessory mode (switching on without the clutch). If I were to switch on the car in normal mode I dont get the error. Any idea why this might be happening. Since I rarely switch on the car in accessory mode I have no idea for how long I've been getting this issue for.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDCi'd (Post 4830242)
Hey guys,

I'm having this peculiar issue with my car. I'm getting the check engine light when I switch on the car in accessory mode (switching on without the clutch). If I were to switch on the car in normal mode I dont get the error. Any idea why this might be happening. Since I rarely switch on the car in accessory mode I have no idea for how long I've been getting this issue for.

Cheers

To my little knowledge. In accessory mode all the lights usually turn up on the instrument cluster. When you start the engine it all dissapears. Is that the issue?

Quote:

Originally Posted by momsonlydriver (Post 4830286)
To my little knowledge. In accessory mode all the lights usually turn up on the instrument cluster. When you start the engine it all dissapears. Is that the issue?

It just stays on. All other lights come up and then disappear.