Team-BHP - Ford EcoSport : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford EcoSport : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/136854-ford-ecosport-official-review-804.html)

Hi everyone,

I am one such guy who experienced the 1.0l Ecoboost overheating issue which lead to replacing the entire engine under extended warranty. All this happened with just 20,000 km on the odo. But since then the car is done another 25,000 km without much problems. But with this new replaced engine the car is no longer free revving to the redline. Limits at about 4000 - 5000 rpm. Even the speed i can do with the replaced engine is easily 30-40 kmph lower than the original engine.

Any suggestions what could be the reason or what can one do now?

Confusing problem here, wondering if this has happened to any of you.

2013 43k kms tdci.
Noticed the coolant level drop below LOW in the expansion tank. Topped it off with 300 ml distilled water and drove on. In a months time, it was down to LOW again, topped it off with 300 ml again. Exact same thing happened another time!
So I've used 300x3 = 900 ml distilled water so far.

There are no leaks, engine oil cap does not show white residue of burning coolant, car runs and drives perfectly. Coolant expansion tank cap looks fine too. Any idea where my coolant is going?

Also, have i messed up the antifreeze:water ratio by adding a litre of water?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Besafe96 (Post 4838407)
Hi everyone,

I am one such guy who experienced the 1.0l Ecoboost overheating issue which lead to replacing the entire engine under extended warranty. All this happened with just 20,000 km on the odo. But since then the car is done another 25,000 km without much problems. But with this new replaced engine the car is no longer free revving to the redline. Limits at about 4000 - 5000 rpm. Even the speed i can do with the replaced engine is easily 30-40 kmph lower than the original engine.

Any suggestions what could be the reason or what can one do now?

Has the engine oil grade remained the same?
Have the ASC reflash the ECU maybe?

Experts please chime in!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taha Mir (Post 4843772)

Had similar issue with my Swift, turned out to be faulty pump. I told them that I couldn't see any leak on my parking, reply was that leak will happen only when the car is running. Do get it checked if it is safe to go outside!

Hello.
Can anyone provide some insight on the cost of changing the timing belt kit for the 1.5 diesel. How much have you'll paid? And does the kit include the water pump as well or only the tensioner/pulleys?

Thanks

Has anyone sourced ford orange coolant from the local market or online? I haven't found a single place yet.

I've been using distilled water so far and would like to 'correct' the diluted antifreeze water ratio.

Is ASC the only option i have?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taha Mir (Post 4843772)

2013 43k kms tdci.
Noticed the coolant level drop below LOW in the expansion tank. Topped it off with 300 ml distilled water and drove on. In a months time, it was down to LOW again, topped it off with 300 ml again. Exact same thing happened another time!
So I've used 300x3 = 900 ml distilled water so far.

There are no leaks, engine oil cap does not show white residue of burning coolant, car runs and drives perfectly. Coolant expansion tank cap looks fine too. Any idea where my coolant is going?

UPDATE: scanned the entire engine compartment thoroughly. Thermostat housing is weeping coolant out slowly. Seems to be a pretty common problem in these engines with the thermostat gasket leaking.

While looking for a petrol car to replace one of the older cars in our family, I came across a 2016 manufactured 2017 registered Ecosport petrol 1.5 Ti VCT Titanium (MT) car. Odometer stands at 13,000 km and is first owner car. The seller is asking for 7.5 lakhs. I have not yet seen the car personally but on first impression alone the car seems genuine and the owner has assured of a complete & clean service history. Before I go and check out the car, I wanted to get some pointers from the owners of the 1.5 petrol engined Ecosport. Please advise me on:

1) Is the quoted price reasonable? If not, how much is a realistic number.
2) Performance of the engine for a relaxed driving style
3) Fuel efficiency
4) Any issues in long term ownership specific to the engine
5) Future parts availability as the engine is discontinued and petrol Ecosport's of this generation are rarer

Cheers

Thanks to Niraj Singh for sending these images in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:

I want to share a problem that I faced with my 2018 Ecosport - Trend+ (Diesel).
I searched the Team-BHP forum, but did not find any thread where this issue has been mentioned.

My Ecosport had just completed 25k on the odo when suddenly a message appeared on the MID - "Brake Applied, Power Reduced". This message flashed every time the brake was applied above a speed of 20 kmph. And there was no message below this speed. It was coupled with RPM fluctuation. There was no error or warning sign on the MID and everything was working fine. Searched the manual and found that the only mention of this problem was related to hand-brake being engaged while accelerating, which was not the case with me.

Took the vehicle to the authorized service centre, but no error was being shown in the FDRS system as well. They tried to change the brake switch but the problem was not resolved. The problem was then discussed over the phone with someone higher, and he immediately asked to change the Accelerator pedal. Since it was not in stock, it was ordered and changed after the part arrived. After that there has been no issue while driving the car and the throttle seems to be more aggressive with the power delivery.
The RPM fluctuation issue has also vanished.

The part was changed under warranty and the service centre didn't charge the labor as well.

Attaching the pictures of the issue that was faced and the part that was changed.

I am sharing this, just in case someone else, somewhere, faces the same issue, shall know what exactly is the cause and what needs to be done.

Thank You.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-mid_message.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-replaced_part.jpg

I am looking to replace my TUV 300 AMT variant due to AMT issues and Ecosport Diesel Trend variant is a strong contender. I booked TD via call today and the SA reached my house within 30 minutes with TD vehicle and vehicle evaluator.

I went on a TD for 10 kms and found that the steering was on heavier side, the clutch was light, smooth and travel was less. I felt like the vehicle was struggling in 2nd gear during my TD in bumper to bumper traffic.

Summing up, the experience was great, ride quality was nice and smooth, seating position was not to my liking but it is something I can live with (coming from TUV). Are my observations correct? Is this how steering functions in Diesel variant and Petrol variant?

Quotation - Diesel Trend Variant

Ex-Showroom - 9,47,500/-
Insurance 3 years TP + 1 year OD - 49,496/-
RTO - 1,17,700/-

On-Road - 11,14,696/-

Discounts -

Exchange Bonus - 7,000/-
Corporate Discount - 5,000/-

Optional -

1 Year Additional Zero Dep - 4,780/-
Accessories Kit - 4,230/-
4th & 5th Year Warranty - 16,999/-

Old Vehicle Valuation - 5,30,000/- My asking price was 6,50,000/-
Loan Amount pending on old Vehicle - 3,94,800/-

Hello everyone,

My son is considering buying diesel Ecosports S variant. Our only area of concern is the hard clutch issue being reported by some owners. So need existing owners' insight if this issue is big/serious enough for him to not consider this? For easy reference, he has been driving petrol Grand i10 manual and petrol VW Vento manual for last 5 years.

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col Mehta (Post 4853695)
Hello everyone,

My son is considering buying diesel Ecosports S variant. Our only area of concern is the hard clutch issue being reported by some owners. So need existing owners' insight if this issue is big/serious enough for him to not consider this? For easy reference, he has been driving petrol Grand i10 manual and petrol VW Vento manual for last 5 years.

Thank you!

The hard clutch issue has been rectified to a great extent. Recently drove a BS6 1.5 and the clutch seemed feather light compared to my first generation BS4 Ecosport. In fact the hard clutch issue was rectified with the facelift of the first generation in 2015. It has since been even lighter in BS6 cars. Hope that helps,

Regards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABHI_1512 (Post 4853720)
The hard clutch issue has been rectified to a great extent. Recently drove a BS6 1.5 and the clutch seemed feather light compared to my first generation BS4 Ecosport. In fact the hard clutch issue was rectified with the facelift of the first generation in 2015. It has since been even lighter in BS6 cars. Hope that helps,

Regards.

Thank you for input. Since you have driven the BS6 diesel, can you also share your overall feedback on the diesel gearbox? :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col Mehta (Post 4853745)
Thank you for input. Since you have driven the BS6 diesel, can you also share your overall feedback on the diesel gearbox? :thumbs up

The 1.5 was always a hoot to drive, it’s now even better but of course I am saying that from my experience of owning the first generation Ecosport which is nearing a lakh kilometers now. The power delivery is smoother and the turbo is more linear than what I experience in my car. As I have already said, clutch feels very light compared to what I experience and that’s a great thing in the already wonderful car.

The S variant is the most well equipped car in the price bracket and should serve you very well. This 100 PS engine is a gem that only the person driving will understand, brings a smile. So overall, if you have decided for the car then it’s a great package to have at your disposal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Col Mehta (Post 4853695)
Hello everyone,

Thank you!

Mine is November 2019 Titanium Diesel Manual and to answer you honestly after driving 7000kms I would say the clutch is a bit hard in high density city traffic due to frequent shift and otherwise once you touch the highways then the driving pleasure takes over and you will refuse to stop. I'm still thoroughly enjoying the ownership after coming from owning and driving petrol vehicles and my experience of doing few long distance trips.