Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2020, 09:37   #12091
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
I had been following this thread very closely but eventually lost track and work got the better of me. My Ecosport completes 7 years this month and has seen everything from the mountains of Ladakh to the coasts of Gokarna, all without even a change in tyres or clutch pads. However, it’s now showing its age and I felt like it deserves an overhaul.
And how many KM on the Odo would 7 years translate to? Since age of the vehicle has nothing to do with the life of mechanical components, especially clutch and suspension, It would be good if you can share the approximate Odometer reading.

As libranof1987 mentioned, tires age even without much driving and it is a good practice to replace them once every 4/5 years since the rubber becomes hard and loses flex and can develop cracks too.
Old 7th September 2020, 11:50   #12092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
On the other note, why don't you start an ownership thread? 7 years of Ecosports would mean you got it when it was almost newly launched.
Yes! I was one of the earliest owners of the Ecosport. Turned quite a few heads during those days. My ownership thread has been sitting on a DOCX file for ages. Albeit, I must say, my ownership has also been very uneventful. No hiccups, surprises or large expenses. I remember all my relatives telling me how 'expensive' it is to maintain American cars but my cost of ownership has been very minimal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Wow, seven years on stock clutch, tyres and suspension with that kind of usage! While the clutch/suspension point to how well you've driven and maintained the car, I do feel you pushed the tyres.

About the poor headlights, that's the misery of owning the pre-facelift EcoSport. I have projectors (XP Micro) fit in place of stock fog lamps that has made things better, but it's still not the best solution out there. Maybe Aux lamps, clamped on the front bumper, since you seem to do a fair bit of traveling?
I am not an aggressive driver, my style is fairly sedate. I tell me friends I like to soak in the environment as I drive hence need more time per kilometer Yes, I agree I may have pushed the tyres but the threading really hasn't worn a lot, the sidewalls tell a different story though. I remember when the Ecosport had just come out and their was a massive debate about which stock tyres were good (the choices were Good Year and CEAT if I recollect). Well, the Good Years that I have sure seemed to have served me well so that's settled for me. On the lighting, I'm researching my options and will circle back as soon as I zero in on something I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And how many KM on the Odo would 7 years translate to? Since age of the vehicle has nothing to do with the life of mechanical components, especially clutch and suspension, It would be good if you can share the approximate Odometer reading.

As libranof1987 mentioned, tires age even without much driving and it is a good practice to replace them once every 4/5 years since the rubber becomes hard and loses flex and can develop cracks too.
Not a lot my friend. I am at ~60K on the ODO now and >70% of that has been long outstation drives. I don't drive a lot in the city and even when I do it's within a 10kms radius hence the low reading. Tyres are on the radar and I know of a few places to get them done. It's the suspension that's eating my goat and want to give her in trusted hands.
throttlehead is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 11:55   #12093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
Not a lot my friend. I am at ~60K on the ODO now and >70% of that has been long outstation drives. I don't drive a lot in the city and even when I do it's within a 10kms radius hence the low reading. Tyres are on the radar and I know of a few places to get them done. It's the suspension that's eating my goat and want to give her in trusted hands.
That makes it clear. 60k and with a lot of outstation drives means very little stress on the clutch and it will certainly last long. Clutch for Diesel cars with such running will last for at least 1Lac Kms. For Petrols they should still last for at least 75/80k Kms.

On suspension, it totally depends on your usage pattern, more precisely the quality of the roads it is driven. It is too premature to say the tires that are old now may have caused the suspension to fade but at 60K, you should be looking at checking the auxiliary components like strut bushes and lower arms first rather than the suspension kit itself.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 13:52   #12094
Senior - BHPian

Live accident of Ecosport. Proof of strong build quality from Ford.

ruzbehxyz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 17:35   #12095
BHPian

Spotted a Ford Ecosport left hand drive - 4wd. Couldn’t take a snap. Is Ford planning to launch a 4wd Ecosport?
infinitewheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2020, 19:57   #12096
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitewheel View Post
Spotted a Ford Ecosport left hand drive - 4wd. Couldn’t take a snap. Is Ford planning to launch a 4wd Ecosport?
Being an Endeavour 4WD owner, I would love to see an Ecosport in 4WD. It would be a real kill. Sales of cars like Duster AWD will then be finished. It would give the new Thar also a good competition.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 11:06   #12097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitewheel View Post
Ford manufactures LHD Ecosport with 4WD for US market and whatever you have seen might be a test mule. Having said that, with Renault giving up on diesels and launching BSVI Duster without AWD, we have no cars with AWD in the compact SUV segment, Ford should utilise this gap and should launch Ecosport with 4WD option here.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 10:49   #12098
BHPian

Hi All,

Recently when I took my Ecosport AT car out after lockdown, while it was parked on the side of the road, it refused to start. When I tap, the 'Engine Start" option, the MID display turns ON with a warning tone and then goes OFF.

After repeated attempts to start the car went in VAIN and the car was completely become a dead fish. During these attempts, I got many warnings like (Brake Malfunction, EPS malfunction, Engine malfunction, etc) which later I found and the explanation follows later in the post.

I called Ford RSA and they said my RSA is expired and I'd have to pay upfront 1000 rupees for them to send the technician at the site.

After paying, the technician reached the place in 45 minutes since I was inside city. I was being told the battery is a dead fish and needs to be charged. After a jump start, the car was back ON.

For the past few months, I have been researching on replacing the OEM battery with a sturdy one and found AMARON 65 AH should be the ideal but due to space issues in engine bay, 55AH should fit in perfectly.

(This post was way back in 2018 - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4446799 (Ford EcoSport : Official Review))

I spoke to the nearest Amaron dealer and he suggested even 55AH wouldn't fit in battery compartment and I must go for OEM stock 45 or 43AH. After reaching the place, I showed the pic from above post showing some parts needs to be removed to fit 55AH in the battery compartment.

However to my surprise, I was able to fit Amaron 65AH 12V perfectly without replacing/removing any stock parts in the battery compartment.

New Battery - 7350
Old Battery - 1350

Total Paid - 6000/- *55 Months warranty.

Pics Attached.

Not sure if Ecosport requires 65AH but I have an additional accessory Baja Designs LED and Hella Horn directly connected to my Battery.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_0921.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_0920.jpg  

udayjani is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 23:24   #12099
BHPian

Hello everyone, I got myself a bs6 S diesel couple of days back.
I am loving every bit of the car! I have clocked 250 kms so far and keeping it relaxed with revs below 2k except occasional overtakes couple of time shot the rpm close to 2.8k ish (the engine revs so quickly!)

I have a couple of questions

1. There is no mention of engine break-in in the manual. There’s only very little text for tyre and brake/clutch break in. The bs4 manual did mention about engine breaking in. Are ford not bothered about engine break-in anymore for bs6 or is it an omission in the manual?

2. Today on a short drive, at 2k rpm I felt faint vibrations on the steering, footwell and on the gear lever (I guess 2nd gear) - is this normal for the new car before 1st service. Feel it more if I stay at 2k for a while.
carriage.retorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 14:07   #12100

Congrats carriage.retorq.

I purchased BS6 diesel on last month and have so far completed about 1000 KMs.

1. There is no brake in instructions mentioned in the manual. It just mentions to not accelerate and break hard.

2. There are no vibrations in my car so far.

Initially I was taking it very slow, accelerating slow and shifting gears around 2K. Now, I am shifting around 2.5 at times (but not being aggressive). Top speed so far has been 110 KMs. I haven't faced any vibrations at any RPMs so far.

I suggest not to drive in the same speed/RPM for prolonged duration in the new car.

can you tell me the initial average figures you see in the MID? (I am aware that these may not be accurate and realistic)
Balu krishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2020, 19:01   #12101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balu krishna View Post

2. There are no vibrations in my car so far.

can you tell me the initial average figures you see in the MID? (I am aware that these may not be accurate and realistic)
The vibrations are very faint but are definitely there. I Will wait and see. It probably could be the tyres, idk, the pressure is set too high at 37 on all tyres.

The mid fuel economy is standing at 20.5
I have not driven much in traffic.

Last edited by carriage.retorq : 16th September 2020 at 19:03. Reason: Removed Extra word
Old 20th September 2020, 18:36   #12102
BHPian

My car has done 380kms now. This morning I decided to check the oil levels while cleaning. The car had been standing the whole night and to my surprise the engine oil level seems above the max level. I cleaned the stick and checked the level multiple times assuming it might be the splashes while pushing the stick in but it’s above the max mark every time. Does the dealer top the oil up before delivering the car? Or is the oil filled in from the factory to this level? Is this concerning?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-6fbaccf437164a79864c8eb3804ae304.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-b5b5c15be7374cb7bc4b1248bb47fbd6.jpeg  

Old 26th September 2020, 13:34   #12103

Today I got a Sync 3 software update notification for my EcoSport S TDCi.
The version number is 5U5T-14G381-ED_1591670365000. A quick Google search reveals that it is an upgrade to Sync 3.4 (~800MB). Couldn't complete the update as it was taking too long. Need to check later today.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-sync-3.4.jpg  

dennisjs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 17:44   #12104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisjs View Post
Today I got a Sync 3 software update notification for my EcoSport S TDCI.
Updated to 3.4. The update took almost half an hour to complete on a 15 mbps connection. Haven’t explored it yet, but on the face of it looks like a UX upgrade.

I had a small glitch where after the update the UI felt unfinished. Selecting a background from settings->display fixed it.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th October 2020 at 11:40. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
carriage.retorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 00:34   #12105

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriage.retorq View Post
Haven’t explored it yet, but on the face of it looks like a UX upgrade.
Yes the UI looks more polished and modern in Sync 3.4. I didn't like the blue themed dark mode though. Dark mode in version 3.3 looked better in my opinion.

And seems like the album art is missing while playing Amazon music over Bluetooth.

Also I didn't notice any new features/improvements in this update. Would have been better if they displayed a change log on the update screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-b.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-c.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-d.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-e.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-f.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 30th October 2020 at 11:41. Reason: Spacing for improved readability
dennisjs is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks