Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2020, 03:15   #12121
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
(This post was way back in 2018 - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4446799 (Ford EcoSport : Official Review))

I spoke to the nearest Amaron dealer and he suggested even 55AH wouldn't fit in battery compartment and I must go for OEM stock 45 or 43AH. After reaching the place, I showed the pic from above post showing some parts needs to be removed to fit 55AH in the battery compartment.

However to my surprise, I was able to fit Amaron 65AH 12V perfectly without replacing/removing any stock parts in the battery compartment.
Well in my case, they were unable to fit the 65AH battery in front of me. The battery terminal cover looks different for your vehicles, maybe that's the difference. An alternator upgrade is always a better solution than upsizing battery for added accessories, however given the 500rs price difference, 65AH is a good value option.
Old 30th October 2020, 18:59   #12122
BHPian

Hey Guys,

I own a 2014 Ecosport 1.5 TDCi. I've been happy with the car for most of the part. Though the service from Ford is not something you can live with for long. Have a couple of issues that I need help from the community.

1. The engine noise has increased substantially since about 15K kms and on repeated service visits, its not been addressed and being answered as Normal. However there was quite a bit of vibration and on close inspection, I found the hose that connects the intercooler had come off. They did replace the bolt but it didn't resolve the issue to a larger extent and with the AC running and traveling in city, it is absolutely irritating with the noise and vibrations.

2. There is white smoke every time the car is cold started for a while, then there is not much. Also when the car is revved high, i notice a quite a bit of smoke in my rearview( I guess this is very common for diesel cars, but still a bit concerned).

3. When the car was new, the driving pleasure was absolutely great and involving and I really loved driving around, However, lately the ride feels very disconnected and I fail to understand what the car is up to. Any specific areas to look for the same. Also the car seems pretty bouncy which was never the case before, the ride used to be a lot composed. Even the feel of the brakes seems to be very weird..

I've been running on stock Good years and have run 69k Kms. Hoping to change the tires in another 2-5K kms, since my major usage is in the city.

Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th October 2020 at 19:17. Reason: Minor typo.
kaushiksudra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2020, 20:15   #12123
BHPian

Get the engine mounts checked along with suspension and tie rod ends. Go for cleaning of egr. Use diesel additives such as liqui moly diesel purge/iftex system d and see if it helps. Also, change the tyres to a good brand such as michlien as your tyres are too old to provide a decent ride.

For the smoke, do keep a check on the engine oil and see that the level doesn't fall considerably within 7-8000 kms. Ask the service centre to flash the ECU with the latest one of possible. Also, try to get the service done at around 6-7000 km despite of company claimed 10000 kms.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 30th October 2020 at 20:22.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 18:38   #12124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
Get the engine mounts checked along with suspension and tie rod ends. Go for cleaning of egr. Use diesel additives such as liqui moly diesel purge/iftex system d and see if it helps. Also, change the tyres to a good brand such as michlien as your tyres are too old to provide a decent ride.

For the smoke, do keep a check on the engine oil and see that the level doesn't fall considerably within 7-8000 kms. Ask the service centre to flash the ECU with the latest one of possible. Also, try to get the service done at around 6-7000 km despite of company claimed 10000 kms.
Thanks, Have one question though about the Engine mount, it has already been changed thrice under warranty as the problem is persistent since a long time. How often does it fail? it's the one on the drivers side right?

What exactly is and EGR? Also have been checking the engine oil and its been pretty much in the same level all through.

Cool will keep in mind and reduce the service intervals from this time..
Old 1st November 2020, 19:20   #12125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Thanks, Have one question though about the Engine mount, it has already been changed thrice under warranty as the problem is persistent since a long time. How often does it fail? it's the one on the drivers side right?

What exactly is and EGR? Also have been checking the engine oil and its been pretty much in the same level all through.

Cool will keep in mind and reduce the service intervals from this time..
As you said it's already changed thrice, there might be problem with other mounts. Get them all evaluated. Bring this up with the service centre ans ask them a clear cut solution. Engine mounts can fail anytime but usually they should last for 90000-100000 kms atleast. There are three mounts. Two on either sides and one under the gear box, referred as A,B and C.

Egr is exhaust gas recirculation system consisting of an electronic valve and plumbing which introduce exhaust gases back to the engine at certain RPM. Engine may feel sluggish and there might be smoke and mileage issues if the system is choked.

Last edited by Blow Horn Ok : 1st November 2020 at 19:23.
Blow Horn Ok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 13:32   #12126
BHPian

Hi everyone,
I would like to share the dilemma of one of my doctor colleague who is facing issues for his Ford Ecosport diesel BS6. It is a manual transmission.

I am quoting his problems below :

Quote:
"I have purchased a new Ecosport diesel titanium variant on 19 Feb 2020. ( From Jai ganesh Ford , Rajkot , Gujarat) . First service was done on schedule as advised.

After few days a 'check engine' sign flashed. I gave my car at the Jai ganesh workshop for the second time. Issue got resolved temporarily. According to them, they just updated the software.

The 'engine check' sign again flashed few days back. I also noticed jerking issues this time along with drop in fuel efficiency.
The car was again given for service and they kept the car for 3 days to diagnose the problem. Issue got resolved for few days. Here too, they updated the software.

But again I noticed jerking of the vehicle while driving , and decreased fuel economy. I again gave my car for service and they changed whole electric wire loop of vehicle. After that the problem resolved completely and no issue was faced for almost 15-20 days. But now again the same problem of jerking and poor acceleration started.

I am not sure whether Ford after sales and service team actually are able to rectify the issue. What steps should I take next? "
Kindly guide me what all things can be wrong with this car and what are the issues that the service center might have missed in his car. Will be extremely thankful for everyone's suggestions over here.
Thanks.
Old 2nd November 2020, 13:55   #12127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCar View Post
Kindly guide me what all things can be wrong with this car and what are the issues that the service center might have missed in his car. Will be extremely thankful for everyone's suggestions over here.
Thanks.
Lemons are on luck, yes he may have got a lemon but look at the positive, Ford Dealer is attending & trying to resolve.

Definately one doesn't expect his brand new car to spend so many days in ASC, that too so frequently.

Ask him to get Ford India customer care in loop, ask Ford India customer care to attend the issue with care & seriousness. So that dealership does the work at one go to save him from these repeated visits.

Ask them to offer a loaner car & take their time to do a thorough & complete diagnostic to pin point the issue & resolve it once for all.

Keep these documented, email or job cards, what ever evidence. If issue comes back again, then he my have to walk the long way & start pushing for money back or complete replacement.

Thanks.
Old 3rd November 2020, 16:39   #12128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampot View Post
I am skeptical as to how the clutch could give away without any reason in 30k. Did anyone face similar problem in the AT?
Ask them to first confirm that the battery is fine. There is a possibility that some cell in the battery is dead and is causing trouble.
In case the battery is alright, you are staring at a hefty repair job.
I have a 2015 AT with 80k on the ODO and facing trouble with the DCT transmission. Apparently the oil seal gave away causing the transmission oil to leak, subsequently causing internal corrosion on some parts of the transmission. It is now at the workshop (independent) undergoing full overhaul and replacement of the affected parts. Have been quoted 80k for the same.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 13:08   #12129
BHPian

Anyone here facing problems of clutch judder in 1st gear in their Tdci?

I had this problem at 5 years and 30k kms, and ford agreed to replace the clutch plate as a goodwill gesture. I had also asked them to check for a trans oil leak on the plates which might cause a judder but everything was fine.

Now at 7 years and 46k Kms the clutch judders for a while after cold starts and also while driving in heavy traffic. What could be the reason for this?
I'm the only driver for this car and I don't slip the clutch, I rarely ever encounter sloped roads in Hyderabad, I don't rest my foot on the clutch pedal and I rev match most downshifts even in the city.

The judder isn't too bad right now but I know it will get worse and unmanageable soon.

What should my course of action be?
Should I write to ford again? Pay for a new clutch AND flywheel which could be the culprit? Visit an indy garage and try to find the root cause of the issue?
Old 9th November 2020, 15:34   #12130
BHPian

Hi Fellow Ecosport folks, has any one attempted roof wrapping their Ecosport, is it reliable and durable ? If so, which material and would request you to share few photographs so that it will strengthen my conviction to go for it.
I own Moondust silver and if there is any recommendation for a good place for wrapping in Chennai will be very helpful. TIA
Old 11th November 2020, 11:39   #12131
BHPian

Guys this is urgent and I need advice immediately. Around 2 days back I refuelled our diesel EcoSport and the needle showed the volume as full and even the filling nozzle had a cut off due to the same. Now upon reaching my house which is barely 2 Kms from the pump, I noticed the needle was around 1 unit below the full mark. How is that even possible? There was traffic but not so much that the car would simply guzzle fuel like this and nope there are no leaks or any other issues with the car.
Old 11th November 2020, 11:57   #12132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Guys this is urgent and I need advice immediately. Around 2 days back I refuelled our diesel EcoSport and the needle showed the volume as full and even the filling nozzle had a cut off due to the same. Now upon reaching my house which is barely 2 Kms from the pump, I noticed the needle was around 1 unit below the full mark. How is that even possible? There was traffic but not so much that the car would simply guzzle fuel like this and nope there are no leaks or any other issues with the car.
Even with auto cut off, the tank capacity will be more.

Mostly like this is the scenario:
1. Auto cut off -> indicator shows full. ( but in reality more capacity available and not really full but above the last unit)

2. You drive off and it reduces by a little which brings it to lower indicator level.

I dont think anything is wrong with the vehicle or the fuel level indicator.

But if you want to cross-verify top it up until the brim (not recommend) and see if this scenario changes.
SideView is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 12:46   #12133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Even with auto cut off, the tank capacity will be more.

Mostly like this is the scenario:
1. Auto cut off -> indicator shows full. ( but in reality more capacity available and not really full but above the last unit)

2. You drive off and it reduces by a little which brings it to lower indicator level.

I dont think anything is wrong with the vehicle or the fuel level indicator.

But if you want to cross-verify top it up until the brim (not recommend) and see if this scenario changes.
Thanks a lot for the prompt response 😊, just took the car for a short spin around the colony and as the engine got warmed up, the needle got back to the full mark though earlier it was slightly below at startup. Phew!!😌 Thank God everything is fine as a long trip is planned around Diwali.
Old 11th November 2020, 12:55   #12134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
I think this is a known issue with the Ecosport (atleast the pre-facelift). This happened to my friends car the other day where after filling the tank the needle showed full and then came down to 3/4 tank. I initially thought diesel was leaking but a quick google search told me it's a known problem and it will be fine on its own. Sure enough the next morning it was fine.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 23:22   #12135
BHPian

How are the ecosport's cross bars fitted into roof rails? Is there a nut and bolt mechanism or a pasting thingy?
And what is the load that the cross bars can carry?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks