Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2021, 18:41   #12256

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Hi everyone,
I'm planning on placing an order for Ecosport TDCI Titanium 2021. I have a doubt about the locking system in the car. The ford's website says that:

"All the doors will lock automatically when the vehicle is driven at or above 7Km/h (4.3 mph). This function can be enabled."

Is this feature available in the Ecosport? All the salespeople I spoke to in the showroom didnt tell me about this. I find it annoying that Ford hasn't given a proper physical lock. Is this the case with other cars in this segment? Kia sonet has a proper physical lock.
Carperiscope is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 20:02   #12257
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carperiscope View Post
Is this feature available in the Ecosport? All the salespeople I spoke to in the showroom didnt tell me about this.
Per the website, all variants of the EcoSport get the speed sensing auto door lock feature.

https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecos...ompare-result/
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 20:06   #12258
BHPian

Quote:

Is this feature available in the Ecosport?
I can confirm that this feature is indeed available on the Ecosport. It has to be enabled through vehicle settings in the MID.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 20:06   #12259

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Per the website, all variants of the EcoSport get the speed sensing auto door lock feature.

https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecos...ompare-result/
Thank you. The salespersons in more than one Ford showroom are unaware of this feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
I can confirm that this feature is indeed available on the Ecosport. It has to be enabled through vehicle settings in the MID.
Thank you for the reply. I will check it out when I go to the showroom.
Old 28th February 2021, 20:51   #12260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,
I'm planning on placing an order for Ecosport TDCI Titanium 2021. I have a doubt about the locking system in the car. The ford's website says that:

"All the doors will lock automatically when the vehicle is driven at or above 7Km/h (4.3 mph). This function can be enabled."

As many have confirmed it does have the autolock feature, but keep in mind the Ford door lock system is a little different in the sense that even with the doors 'locked', pulling the lever from the inside will open the door. If you are looking at a auto door lock feature for kids, then they must be in the back seat and the child lock has to be enabled (which is anyway the right way but rarely followed in our country).
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 21:26   #12261
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Is this feature available in the Ecosport? All the salespeople I spoke to in the showroom didnt tell me about this. I find it annoying that Ford hasn't given a proper physical lock. Is this the case with other cars in this segment? Kia sonet has a proper physical lock.
Fellow Ecosport owner here, by default in my car the speed sensing auto door lock feature was enabled and the doors Automatically lock once you go above 20 kmph. There is also an option in the MID to enable or disable this auto lock feature. There is also a physical lock and unlock button on both front doors which can be used at any speed.

However as other members have pointed out, while the doors do get locked automatically, once the car is moving and someone tries to unlock the doors from the inside, they will get unlocked and open. Please use Child locks if there are any children using the backseat.
Old 28th February 2021, 21:37   #12262

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Fellow Ecosport owner here, by default in my car the speed sensing auto door lock feature was enabled and the doors Automatically lock once you go above 20 kmph. There is also an option in the MID to enable or disable this auto lock feature. There is also a physical lock and unlock button on both front doors which can be used at any speed.

However as other members have pointed out, while the doors do get locked automatically, once the car is moving and someone tries to unlock the doors from the inside, they will get unlocked and open. Please use Child locks if there are any children using the backseat.
Yeah I know about the child lock. My concern was whether the door would be locked from inside when the car moves. Thanks to the replies I've received, my doubt has been cleared.
Old 28th February 2021, 22:02   #12263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
As many have confirmed it does have the autolock feature, but keep in mind the Ford door lock system is a little different in the sense that even with the doors 'locked', pulling the lever from the inside will open the door. If you are looking at a auto door lock feature for kids, then they must be in the back seat and the child lock has to be enabled (which is anyway the right way but rarely followed in our country).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post

This is exactly what my friend expressed when he TD'd the ES. He was concerned that the rear doors would open when someone inside pulled the unlock lever, even if locked. And I believe the 6-airbag version does not have grab handles, so someone at the rear might mistakenly pull the unlock lever while trying to hold himself in place when the car goes over road undulations. There is nothing to hold on to.
Old 1st March 2021, 11:26   #12264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
... And I believe the 6-airbag version does not have grab handles, so someone at the rear might mistakenly pull the unlock lever while trying to hold himself in place when the car goes over road undulations. There is nothing to hold on to.
I honestly don't see someone pulling the door lever in such a situation. Yes, there is no grab handle, but there is a handle on the door to hold on to when needed (no way as convenient as a grab handle, but one won't be grabbing the door unlock lever) - Reference image

It is an issue with kids and hence the child lock needs to be enabled which can be a bit of an inconvenience.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 11:45   #12265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
I honestly don't see someone pulling the door lever in such a situation. Yes, there is no grab handle, but there is a handle on the door to hold on to when needed (no way as convenient as a grab handle, but one won't be grabbing the door unlock lever) - Reference image

It is an issue with kids and hence the child lock needs to be enabled which can be a bit of an inconvenience.
Good point. Cross-checked with my friend.

He said they were 3 adults seated at the rear. As the rear is narrow, the persons in the corner were very close to the door, and the door handle was too close to the body (hips) to hold in a comfortable manner. Had it been placed a little ahead, it would have been easy to cling on to. The current position is good only when 2 are seated at the rear.

They had to contend with leaning against the middle passenger over undulations. No issues as they were all from the same family. But a bit embarrassing otherwise.

A grab handle would have prevented that.
Old 1st March 2021, 11:59   #12266

Quote:
This is exactly what my friend expressed when he TD'd the ES. He was concerned that the rear doors would open when someone inside pulled the unlock lever, even if locked. And I believe the 6-airbag version does not have grab handles, so someone at the rear might mistakenly pull the unlock lever while trying to hold himself in place when the car goes over road undulations. There is nothing to hold on to.
Yes, this is exactly what my family thinks. Ford should've really figured out a way to provide a lock from the inside. There is always a miniscule chance that someone might pull the lever by mistake. I feel like I will have to make an announcement to every passenger who steps into the car about this system.
Old 1st March 2021, 16:19   #12267
BHPian

Quote:
You can use Child Lock to avoid such accidental unlocking actions !!

It won't solve the design issue but it will serve the purpose.

Thanks
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 16:35   #12268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
You can use Child Lock to avoid such accidental unlocking actions !!

It won't solve the design issue but it will serve the purpose.

Thanks
True, but frankly speaking, seating 3 at the rear will be rare, given the narrow width. For only 2 at the rear, the door handles are conveniently placed. I am the only guy who reaches for the grab handles over undulations.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 16:42   #12269
Senior - BHPian

Apparently the waiting period for the ES S tdci is 2 months in Hyderabad. Is it the same in other cities?

Given the fact that the ES did not sell much in November and December, I wonder why Ford is not speeding up deliveries! Quicker deliveries will surely pull some people away from the Magnite that has a waiting period of 4+ months.

Another question is on the tyres. The stock ones are mostly Good Year or MRF. But I know they are crappy on the Fiesta and Figo. I'd changed them to Michelin XM1s and Yoko Earth 1s on those cars. What brand suits the ES the best?
Old 1st March 2021, 17:31   #12270
BHPian

Quote:
True, but frankly speaking, seating 3 at the rear will be rare, given the narrow width. For only 2 at the rear, the door handles are conveniently placed. I am the only guy who reaches for the grab handles over undulations.
My entire family or friends family or neighbours or anyone I know who are bit older like above 35-40 always looks for the grab handle.

Mainly male demographics. Overwhelming percentage of females regardless of age group avoids holding that grab handle.

I had to cancel Aspire Titanium Plus and buy only Titanium because the plus version was missing the grab handles.

Seniors in family won't approve a car without that grab handle

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks