Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2021, 14:01   #12286
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Is it advisable to buy Micheline PS3 205/50/R17 tyres with 2018 manufacturing date?

It's available only with 1 dealer and only 2 available.

Besides this, I checked with other Michelin dealers and the new stock coming only on May 1st Week. Since my stock tyres are badly damaged, they are due to upgrade before my Mumbai trip. Hence I would like to check the other options available to upgrade the tyres.

I am considering to upgrade to 215/50R17 or 225/50R17 or worst case scenario, buy the Bridgestone 205/50R17 tyres.
Old 7th March 2021, 17:12   #12287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Is it advisable to buy Micheline PS3 205/50/R17 tyres with 2018 manufacturing date?
2018 tyres are too old to purchase in 03/2021 Uday, forget about them. Buy any other brand if urgent but not these or wait it out.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 13:12   #12288

Hi All,

When accelerating in 5th gear around 80 KMPH, the car looses power upon acceleration (mild throttle input). I can feel as if the fuel is cut off, there is a mild vibrations felt in the steering and dashboard. My car is run 10,000 odd KMs and has been recently serviced. I had raised this complain during service. The technician said it has been fixed but the issue still persists. I am unable to reproduce this issue, meaning it is not occurring consistently. Has any one faced similar issue? what could be the reason for this?

TIA
Old 8th March 2021, 13:25   #12289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
Everyone looking for a tyre upgrade, have a look at the Continental UC6. It's a fantastic tyre, almost as quiet and comfortable as a P4ST, yet offers better grip and braking performance. It's cheaper as well. I've been running it in my Race red Ecosport Titanium for almost 6k km now, no complaints so far.
I was using Yoko RV02 earlier, which were a little worse in every aspect, slightly noisier, slightly harder, but had a slightly superior steering feel.
How much did the Contis cost you? And were they in the stock 205/60/16 profile?
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 13:36   #12290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
How much did the Contis cost you? And were they in the stock 205/60/16 profile?
If i remember correctly, it was 26k in all, including buyback of my old Yoko RV02 (which still had around 7-8k km left in them), wheel alignment, balancing and nitrogen. And yes, in stock size. I wanted to get 205/65 but they weren't available. I got tyres manufactured in the 50th week, manufactured just a week before i got them installed.
Please check the Ecosport tyre update thread and the Continental tyres thread for more detailed reviews.

Last edited by DrAakash : 8th March 2021 at 13:45.
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2021, 13:43   #12291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balu krishna View Post
Hi All,

When accelerating in 5th gear around 80 KMPH, the car looses power upon acceleration (mild throttle input). I can feel as if the fuel is cut off, there is a mild vibrations felt in the steering and dashboard. My car is run 10,000 odd KMs and has been recently serviced. I had raised this complain during service. The technician said it has been fixed but the issue still persists. I am unable to reproduce this issue, meaning it is not occurring consistently. Has any one faced similar issue? what could be the reason for this?

TIA
I usually take the car to 80 kmph in 4th to avoid this. I think that the turbo just starts spooling up at those revs, if you're in 5th at 80 kmph. If you give it more gas the revs rise quickly and the delay would be imperceptible. I could be wrong though.
Also, check your air filter. It's changed every 20k km, and where i live it gets clogged at 10-12k km. I usually get compressed air blown through it when i take the car for a wash, or just get it changed, costs just around ₹350.
Old 8th March 2021, 14:04   #12292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
If i remember correctly, it was 26k in all, including buyback of my old Yoko RV02 (which still had around 7-8k km left in them), wheel alignment, balancing and nitrogen. And yes, in stock size. I wanted to get 205/65 but they weren't available. I got tyres manufactured in the 50th week, manufactured just a week before i got them installed.
Please check the Ecosport tyre update thread and the Continental tyres thread for more detailed reviews.
What was the price without exchange of old RV02s?
Old 8th March 2021, 14:10   #12293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
What was the price without exchange of old RV02s?
Should be 28k or so, i didn't ask really, the dealer is a friend's friend.

Last edited by DrAakash : 8th March 2021 at 14:11.
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2021, 19:27   #12294

Spoke to the sales incharge today since the stock list came. He confirmed that delivery will be delayed by another month
Old 12th March 2021, 11:53   #12295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Hi vnabhi,

Yes the waiting period is 2 months and more depending on the color and variant. I booked my Ecosport Titanium TDCi on 23 January and was told a wait of 90days. This is because of the semiconductor shortage and steel supply. However I am hoping to hear that I will get my car this month from the dealer on the 5th of March(my dealer receives update from Ford on 5th of every month on the list of cars they are scheduled to get that month.)
are there any discounts offered by ford & dealer for the ecosport ?
Old 12th March 2021, 12:06   #12296
BHPian

Hi Everyone just wanted to know if it still makes sense to buy the ecosport given the current offerings in the market today? feature wise I would be considering the S variant and I think it is adequately loaded. whats the Performance of the TDCI engine ? I hear that the handling is really good.

What are your suggestions?
Old 12th March 2021, 13:27   #12297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Hi Everyone just wanted to know if it still makes sense to buy the ecosport given the current offerings in the market today? feature wise I would be considering the S variant and I think it is adequately loaded. whats the Performance of the TDCI engine ? I hear that the handling is really good.

I am an existing ECOSPORT owner n I would say I will buy an EcoSport again if I need to buy a vehicle again.

The good build quality, sorted dynamics is still excellent. After 6 yrs and about 70k odd kms my vehicle is still almost new &without a single rattle etc. And it has seen all kind of bad roads in country from Arunachal - Nagaland to Leh Ladakh n spiti multiple times.

Only downside is little less space compared to competition as to it being little cramped in rear for 3 people.
techfreak is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 13:33   #12298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Suggest you take a test drive as the first step. Personally, the only problem I see with the Ecosport today is that it's old ! The drive experience, mechanically and even features wise it still holds it's ground with the newer competition (especially in S trim).

The TDCI is a great trackable engine with enough power and it has proven it's reliability over the years. I really miss that 6th gear though for more efficient cruising on the highway.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 14:45   #12299
BHPian

Quote:

That's a strong YES.

If you are considering Ecosport then you might have considered other CSUV as well. I recently picked up used Ecosport diesel on December last year and I am qualified enough to tell you that it is the on of the best options available in CSUV segment.

I was in same confusion last year as you are now. I almost decided on brand new Ecosport S (this is before Covid). After covid, things changed and got a very sweet deal on used one. Someone was trading his Ecosport for new Endeavour and my SA called me to have a look on that Ecosport. Went, saw, test drove, finalized deal before the gentleman booked the Endeavour. I say this because I test drove every CSUV and C sedans on market. None of them were perfect or giving me fizz

So, finalized the last two. Sonet and Ecosport.

Sonet is a good car and nothing seriously wrong with it, but its seriously over priced and I got bored with its gizmos very soon (Close friend owns one and I drove it more than him). New Ecosport is well equipped, great engine, decent NVH, feels very sturdy, practical, still looks good, decent fuel efficient and fun to drive. Maintenance is not expensive either.

That said, Ecosport and Sonet ride is bit bumpy and rear leg room is less compared to others. Do check out all the options before you book Ecosport.

For me only let down from Ecosport is the bumpy ride quality. Its bothering me even though I used to bumpy ride from almost 10 years ( my pulsar 220 ride quality is as comfortable as falling down from stairs )
Old 12th March 2021, 14:47   #12300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
are there any discounts offered by ford & dealer for the ecosport ?
Hi blackbeast,

Currently I am getting 3000 corporate discount and exchange bonus of 7000 from Ford.(exchange bonus is 20k if the older car is a Ford).

Other than this the dealer from their end has offered 7000 discount on the insurance and has offered 5000 worth free accessories. I am pushing him for more discount on the accessories (opted for seat covers, ambient light, scuff plates and neck rests).

Quote:

Hi I would suggest same as above posts. Please test drive the car and decide if it suits you. The engine and NVH in the Ecosport diesel is amazing. The build quality is solid and handling is the best among all the sub 4m cars. It is Old but extremely competent and also relatively VFM after the price correction in Jan 2021.

Only downer is the rear seat space and the overall interior width. It is strictly a 4 seater.
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks