Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2021, 20:07   #12331
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I would like to know two more things on the BS6 engine.

Is the FE less in BS6 diesel model? If so, by how much?

What is the cost per km of adblue consumption for Ecosport?
My mileage in normal Bangalore traffic is anywhere between 14-16kpl. On the highway, it is between 20-22 kpl depending on how spiritedly I drive. Happy enough with these numbers, and this is on an engine which is only 3000 kms old without its first oil change. Expect it to improve marginally as the engine reaches optimum performance over the next few thousand kilometres.

Ecosport doesn't use adblue, it has a dpf.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 20:20   #12332
Senior - BHPian

Quick question. When did you get your Fastag from the dealer? Did it come with the new car? My dealer says it will take another week to arrive.

And which bank is the Fastag linked to? Does Fastag need the car's registration number, or the VIN will do?
Old 20th March 2021, 21:11   #12333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Quick question. When did you get your Fastag from the dealer? Did it come with the new car? My dealer says it will take another week to arrive.

And which bank is the Fastag linked to? Does Fastag need the car's registration number, or the VIN will do?
Yes, fasttag came with the new car preinstalled at the time of delivery. The basic balance of Rs. 200 is paid for as part of the purchase price of the car. The rest one can top up as required. In fact, Fasttag charges form part of the new car price breakup. You can get your own fasttag from any bank, or even Paytm.

Not sure if it requires registration number or VIN as it was already preinstalled at the time of delivery (and post registration).
Old 20th March 2021, 21:27   #12334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Yes, fasttag came with the new car preinstalled at the time of delivery. The basic balance of Rs. 200 is paid for as part of the purchase price of the car. The rest one can top up as required. In fact, Fasttag charges form part of the new car price breakup. You can get your own fasttag from any bank, or even Paytm.

Not sure if it requires registration number or VIN as it was already preinstalled at the time of delivery (and post registration).
Thank you. Spoke to the dealer and he said they could not get Fastag due to software issues, but he hopes to resolve it by Tuesday.

As you car came pre-installed with Fastag, which bank was it linked to? I mean when you top up the 200 initial balance, do you get an option to use Paytm or some other bank?

Where was the Fastag fixed in your car---towards driver, or passenger or centre?

Last edited by vnabhi : 20th March 2021 at 21:29.
Old 20th March 2021, 21:42   #12335
BHPian

Quote:
As you car came pre-installed with Fastag, which bank was it linked to? I mean when you top up the 200 initial balance, do you get an option to use Paytm or some other bank?
It could be linked to any of the Bank/Wallet associated with Fastag, we got our car with Axis Fastag. You need to ask your dealer, they will let you know the details. Ask them to provide PayTM fastag if possible, since its much more convenient compared to other Fastags especially if you are already a PayTM wallet user.

Quote:
Where was the Fastag fixed in your car---towards driver, or passenger or centre?
It is usually fixed a little towards the passenger side, behind the IRVM.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 21:44   #12336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
It could be linked to any of the Bank/Wallet associated with Fastag, we got our car with Axis Fastag. You need to ask your dealer, they will let you know the details. Ask them to provide PayTM fastag if possible, since its much more convenient compared to other Fastags especially if you are already a PayTM wallet user.

It is usually fixed a little towards the passenger side, behind the IRVM.
Yes, I prefer Paytm. I had Paytm Fastag on my Fiesta. After it went for total loss, i got the refund of the initial deposit--I think it was 150 or 250.
Old 21st March 2021, 10:13   #12337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Mine was HDFC Bank. It does not really make a difference, because all top ups are done online. I simply pay the top up amount through online transfer using my bank's debit card/net banking, on the HDFC Fasstag portal. In effect, the process is same irrespective of which bank the Fasttag has ben issued by.

Mine is fixed at dead center symmetrically below the mirror. I was very particular that the sticker is not fixed in a crooked way since that becomes an eyesore to OCD owners like me Hence, the sticker was fixed under my supervision by the showroom folks exactly in the position that I wanted it to be.
Old 21st March 2021, 16:54   #12338
BHPian

Is engine mount covered under extended warranty?My ecosport's engine mount has become somewhat weak as reported by service station but the advisor assured that i can still continue with it for some more time before replacing.Cost of replacement is approx 6k. Mine is 2016 diesel model with more than 60K in odo and is in it's final year of extended warranty. Can it be replaced under warranty?

Also i am feeling vibrations in brake pedal whenever i brake in triple digit speeds. I have done WB & WA recently still the issue persists. What might be the reason?
Old 21st March 2021, 20:13   #12339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post

Mine is fixed at dead center symmetrically below the mirror. I was very particular that the sticker is not fixed in a crooked way since that becomes an eyesore to OCD owners like me Hence, the sticker was fixed under my supervision by the showroom folks exactly in the position that I wanted it to be.
Wont it obstruct a dashcam, should you wish to buy one?
Old 21st March 2021, 23:28   #12340
BHPian

Re: Quality issues with Ecosport 2021 interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki.grandhi View Post
I found this video on Facebook by Narendar Rohilla in Ecosport owners group. Can other ecosport owners share your opinion on this? Is this new in 2021 or is it expected and not a big deal?

https://Youtu.be/KtJQ_b49lqM
There definitely seems to be a lot of cost cutting and some quality issues.
Door plastics are like in the video.

My car is only 6 months and 8k kms old and there are noticeable rattles in the dash and door. Even bassy songs from the speakers makes door plastics vibrate with sound.

The sheet metal is thinner than the old one. And I think the paint quality might not be great either. I have noticed a couple of tiny dots revealing the primer layer on the hood and the front fibre bumper. I understand these could be tiny stones from tippers ahead hitting at high speed but I haven’t had this happen to any of my old cars.
Also someone has been able to scratch the hood leaving a big line revealing the primer layer.

The plastic holding the gear lever leather had sunk in once and I had to pull it up and slot in locks.

The floor carpet also has cuts and slits in places where you wouldn’t expect.

The glovebox has a switch for the lamp that is supposed to be pressed when the shutter is closed. But I have noticed that the switch doesn’t get depressed when you close the shutter and the lamp is always on inside.

One of the the roof rails has come loose at the front and doesn’t lock in when pressed.

But mechanically it seems to be all good. Engine’s great, body is heavy and very very stable at highway speeds. There’s a nice feeling when you drive this car. Highway runs are very enjoyable. I hope that the FASS will be able address all the niggles in 10k service.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-cd27df96cb964baab41e79fb13eae9f3.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-b6fa25951cf7422b9a71553eb861d4a8.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-250dc69a2dc44caa82a1b6ef19f84203.jpeg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-09ac1ae2fad94297a3d407bd13ea33b7.jpeg  

carriage.retorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 21:57   #12341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Is engine mount covered under extended warranty?My ecosport's engine mount has become somewhat weak as reported by service station but the advisor assured that i can still continue with it for some more time before replacing.Cost of replacement is approx 6k. Mine is 2016 diesel model with more than 60K in odo and is in it's final year of extended warranty. Can it be replaced under warranty?

Also i am feeling vibrations in brake pedal whenever i brake in triple digit speeds. I have done WB & WA recently still the issue persists. What might be the reason?
Engine mounts aren't covered by warranty. Ford, should they feel like, can pay for the mount as a goodwill gesture but I think 60k kms don't justify the same for them.

Regarding the vibration, could be a ton of issues relating to wheel, uneven brake pads, worn out discs. Better to get it checked.
Old 22nd March 2021, 22:48   #12342
BHPian

Hello everyone

I recently did some modifications to my 1.5 Figo. I got the car lowered and the 16 inch alloys with low offset is causing fender rubbing issues to my car. If any one in Bangalore is interested I am ready to exchange these alloys with stock alloys of ecosport. PM me

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-f24cf4aa72774792b0b997db6e3d7d87.jpeg

Last edited by blackbandit : 22nd March 2021 at 22:50.
Old 23rd March 2021, 21:38   #12343
Senior - BHPian

Does Ford India offer a 6th-year warranty? If yes, what is the cost? And why are they not indicating it in the dealer's quote for a new Ecosport?
Old 23rd March 2021, 23:58   #12344
BHPian

Quote:
Does Ford India offer a 6th-year warranty? If yes, what is the cost? And why are they not indicating it in the dealer's quote for a new Ecosport?
Hi vnabhi,

Ford was offering a warranty up to the 6th year/1,50,000km earlier(for the BS4) as per my dealer. I wanted to get this during my purchase, but I was informed by my dealer that Ford have discontinued it now. Actually this was the reason I skipped getting the 4th and 5th year extended warranty as well.

I have decided to get it at a later time during my 2nd year of ownership based on the number of kms I have clocked.

But on Ford India's website they are still offering extended warranty until 6th year/1,50,000kms for the BS6 EcoSport. I need to check this with my dealer again. Please check out this link for Extended Warranty.

Edit: I have filled and submitted the form for Ford to contact me regarding the extended warranty. I will keep you posted.

Last edited by Shanksta : 24th March 2021 at 00:16.
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 08:51   #12345
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have the PDF copy of the 2020 Ecosport BS-6 user manual? Ford India used to carry it till recently on the website, but they seem to have taken it off now. If anyone has it, request you to upload the PDF version here. Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks