Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2021, 14:45   #12376
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by seb11 View Post
Hello Everyone,
I am presently looking to purchase a CSUV and the Ford Ecosport Diesel Titanium (S) is something that I am looking into apart from other cars.

However the dilema here is the longevity of Ford in India, which is the big question. Since I plan to keep the vehicle for about 7-8 years before acquiring another one would be at peace to know that the manufacturer hasn't shut shop.
I have taken a test drive and I do like the car barring a few things.
Please go ahead and pick up the car. Stories about Ford (or for that matter many other manufacturers) have been doing the rounds for many years, so I tend not to put too much importance to that aspect when the product offering is a stellar one and has sold in many thousands all over the country. More importantly, even in the worst case scenario where a manufacturer were to shut shop in India, their service and after sales support would not disappear and would remain strong for years thereafter as required under regulations. Especially true for a manufacturer which has sold as many Ecosports as Ford has in India. Even today, it remains a strong seller for the brand, in the sea of Japanese and Korean gizmo-ful cars

I picked up one in November 2020, and do believe that it is a solid and well rounded product which is reliable, has a superb safety package, has good performance and is fun to drive. Not to mention, looks great even today. There is no problem in picking up the car.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 9th April 2021 at 15:03.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 14:55   #12377

Thank you for the insight.

Congratulations on your new Ford.

I was looking to purchase the Titanium S Diesel.
Which model did you buy?
What real world FE figures can I expect?
Any information about the things I should look out for and the things I should/could expect would be really helpful.
Old 9th April 2021, 15:08   #12378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Which model did you buy?
Any information about the things I should look out for and the things I should/could expect would be really helpful.
I picked up the TDCI S version too, in lightning blue. A few pictures of my car delivery can be found at post no. 12145 of this very thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4941788 (Ford EcoSport : Official Review)). Do check it out for some eye candy

My car is still in the initial running in period, done 3500 kms. I expect performance to optimize at least after 6000-7000 kms. I am not too bothered about calculating exact fuel efficiency, but rough figures are 15-16 km/liter in heavy Bangalore traffic, and around 21-22 km/liter on highways. More than good enough for me. I am also a slightly heavy footed driver at times, and if you are a more calm driver, expect even better figures.

If you are looking to pick it up, might be smart to pay the booking amount fast since the S version at many dealers is being made on order (due to the current semiconductor shortage). Overall, cannot go wrong with the car, its a brilliant ride especially for long highway mile munching trips! The only other car that I had checked out at the time was the Sonet, but the asking price and the relatively lighter build, not to mention Kia's various controversies, threw it out of contention.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 9th April 2021 at 15:11.
arindambasu13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 22:24   #12379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the insight.

Congratulations on your new Ford.

Which model did you buy?
I second Arindam's recommendation on picking up the S Diesel. I picked up mine a month ago (11th March), and have travelled only 581 kms as of today, mainly because many of us fell ill for a week or two in late March.

Now that we have all recovered, we went for a 100 km drive yesterday and an 85 km drive today, just to get familiar with the car.

We are all loving it. The average FE on display shows 18.5, which is a mix of highway (70%) and city driving (30%). I'll know the real FE figure when I tank up in a few days though---right now I am a little less than half tank.

So go ahead and get yours!

BTW, another question for ES owners---which of the 2 USB slots should I use to connect to Android Auto? I was experimenting, and found that AA works from both USB slots. This is unlike my son's Verna, where only one slot is for AA/ Car play, and the other only for charging the phone.

Another quirk i discovered today was that the rear cabin light does not switch on unless the parking lights are on. This is rather strange! Can other owner's check and get back?
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 02:08   #12380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
We are all loving it. The average FE on display shows 18.5, which is a mix of highway (70%) and city driving (30%). I'll know the real FE figure when I tank up in a few days though---right now I am a little less than half tank.
Hi vnabhi,

The EcoSport seems to have a solid 2kmpl difference between what is displayed on the MID vs real world figures. Please keep me posted on the actual mileage vs what was displayed once you refill, am curious to know if only my car is displaying a 2 kmpl variance or if it is the same for everyone.

I took delivery of my EcoSport on March 20, 2021, got a tank full of BP diesel till auto cutoff with the ODO reading 41.5kms. Tire pressure was 35psi at delivery and I left it as it is. Refilled the tank today when ODO read 723.3 kms. The MID trip 1 was displaying an average of 18.5 kmpl however my real mileage was 16.1 kmpl.

Total distance travelled: 723.3 - 41.5 = 681.8
2nd fuel fillup : 42.240 liters
Real world Average: 681.8/42.24 = 16.14 kmpl
Average displayed on MID = 18.5 kmpl

Am extremely happy with car though, infact post the fill-up went on a 100kms drive. Completed 830 kms in total since delivery.

P.S. I refilled before reaching low fuel warning and car was showing a range of 95kms still. Have corrected the tire pressure to 33psi all round now. The jumpiness I felt earlier has disappeared and steering feels a bit more weighed down.

Also post my refill and drive today the car is showing a range of 930kms despite already clocking 105kms since the second tankful. I am very tempted to see if I can successfully manage a 1000kms on the highway on one full tank.

Last edited by Shanksta : 12th April 2021 at 02:12.
Shanksta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 08:32   #12381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
Also post my refill and drive today the car is showing a range of 930kms despite already clocking 105kms since the second tankful. I am very tempted to see if I can successfully manage a 1000kms on the highway on one full tank.
A 1000 km range with that massive 52 liter tank should be quite doable, especially if you maintain reasonable speeds with a lighter foot (read, 80-100 km/h) throughout the journey. Even if we take a conservative estimate of 20km/l on the highway, the tank range should be sufficient to cover 1000 kms. With my moderately heavy foot, I get around 16 km/l during city drives, and that is what my MID shows as well. Have not noticed any significant discrepancy between the two numbers. I am closing in fast on 4000 kms on the odometer now, and expect the numbers to slightly improve as the engine reaches optimum operating condition in the next few months.

Vnabhi's average FE reading of 18.5 km/l with 70% highway driving should therefore be definitely possible, going by my limited experience.

By the way, congratulations on the new car. Do post some pics !

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 12th April 2021 at 08:36.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 08:49   #12382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi vnabhi,

The EcoSport seems to have a solid 2kmpl difference between what is displayed on the MID vs real world figures. Please keep me posted on the actual mileage vs what was displayed once you refill, am curious to know if only my car is displaying a 2 kmpl variance or if it is the same for everyone.
Yes the MID is off by 2KMPL. Even the instant FE meter is optimistic at best.
But having said that, if you drive carefully even at speeds of 90-100Kmph, a FE of around 20KMPH is manageable.

Quote:
1000kms range is doable in Ecosport and I just did such a trip last month.
Filled the tank to the brim and drove for 1042Kms round trip in just under 24hours. When I reached back, the low FE indicator was still not on and the MID was indicating a range of 109Kms and FE was an indicated 26.2KMPL.
This is with AC set at 22 and just me in the car.
speedmiester is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 09:25   #12383
BHPian

Quote:
My BS4 TDCi shows a variation of about 0.6-0.8 kmpl consistently. Using tankful-to-tankful calculation, I get around 16kmpl within city limits with the MID showing about 16.6-16.8 kmpl. So 2kmpl variation doesn't seem normal, I am not sure if its something to do with BS6, anyway you should confirm the variation with FASS to make sure it's not only your car.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 12:09   #12384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi vnabhi,

The EcoSport seems to have a solid 2kmpl difference between what is displayed on the MID vs real world figures...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
My BS4 TDCi shows a variation of about 0.6-0.8 kmpl consistently...
My experience over 36k km is that the MID error is around 0.5 - 1kmpl. I get around 15.5-16kmpl in the city (very little bumper to bumper traffic) and 16.5 - 18kmpl on the highway with speeds in the 100-120 range.

Most of my highway driving is on good 4/6 lane highways where higher speeds can be maintained and I truly miss the 6th gear.

On 2 lane highways or busy 4 lanes like Pune - Kohlapur I have got 18-19kmpl as well as average speeds are lower.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 12:24   #12385
BHPian

Having a variation of 1-2 kmpl is relatively normally in almost all the brands, we have been using cars of different brands for quite sometime now and almost all of them have this deviation of 1-2 kmpl from Full tank to full tank mileage VS as shown in MID.

So in general, we for a trip whatever is shown in MID we consider actual FE less by 2 kmpl.
Old 12th April 2021, 14:44   #12386
BHPian

Thank you all for the responses. I am not really concerned about the mileage as such and 16kmpl on the first tankful with 85% city usage and 100% AC is excellent. The EcoSport is the second car in our house till date that has a MID displaying range, Average mileage, etc., My only other experience is with my ex-Punto and the average displayed in the Fiat used to be exactly the same as the result while calculating manually, hence my query.

I am going to give the new car the benefit of the doubt and monitor the variation over a couple of tankful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Vnabhi's average FE reading of 18.5 km/l with 70% highway driving should therefore be definitely possible, going by my limited experience.

By the way, congratulations on the new car. Do post some pics !
Thank you ! Out of the 681 kms I drove 100 kms was on the highway and remaining 581 kms in the city. Have not clicked many pictures yet. Posting one that I have.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-db70107174eb4a7eb6c48ab002c83e64.jpeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
Yes the MID is off by 2KMPL. Even the instant FE meter is optimistic at best.
1000kms range is doable in Ecosport and I just did such a trip last month.
Filled the tank to the brim and drove for 1042Kms round trip in just under 24hours.
Thank you for the feedback ! will try this soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
My BS4 TDCi shows a variation of about 0.6-0.8 kmpl consistently. Using tankful-to-tankful calculation, I get around 16kmpl within city limits with the MID showing about 16.6-16.8 kmpl. So 2kmpl variation doesn't seem normal, I am not sure if its something to do with BS6, anyway you should confirm the variation with FASS to make sure it's not only your car.
Thank you ! Will monitor the variation till the ODO reaches 2500 kms and raise it with FASS during first service if the variation remains the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
My experience over 36k km is that the MID error is around 0.5 - 1kmpl. I get around 15.5-16kmpl in the city (very little bumper to bumper traffic) and 16.5 - 18kmpl on the highway with speeds in the 100-120 range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
Having a variation of 1-2 kmpl is relatively normally in almost all the brands, we have been using cars of different brands for quite sometime now and almost all of them have this deviation of 1-2 kmpl from Full tank to full tank mileage VS as shown in MID.
Thank you both for the feedback.

Last edited by Shanksta : 12th April 2021 at 14:47. Reason: Adding Picture
Shanksta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 06:10   #12387
BHPian

A friend is having an unique problem and this is second time that he have faced the same issue.
The push button vehicle doesn’t crank at all. Tried many times with the fob close to proximity of steering. But still the vehicle doesn’t start.

Had to keep the vehicle at the same place and leave with a friend of mine.

Last time around 4 months back the vehicle had a similar issue just outside the ford showroom and than they attached some laptop and ran some tests and deleted some patch from the registry and then it had started.

Even they couldn’t recognise what the problem was.
Old 13th April 2021, 22:45   #12388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BTW, another question for ES owners---which of the 2 USB slots should I use to connect to Android Auto? I was experimenting, and found that AA works from both USB slots. This is unlike my son's Verna, where only one slot is for AA/ Car play, and the other only for charging the phone.

Another quirk i discovered today was that the rear cabin light does not switch on unless the parking lights are on. This is rather strange! Can other owner's check and get back?
Hello all

Looking for responses to the above.
Old 14th April 2021, 14:16   #12389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello all

Looking for responses to the above.
You can connect to any USB port unlike verna. I use the passenger side (left side) USB port for pen drive to listen to songs and driver side (right side) for connecting to AA.

Cabin lights are connected to battery and should always work. Please check with FASS. I don't think this is expected behavior.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 19:20   #12390
Senior - BHPian

After booking an EcoSport, will we get any mail directly from Ford or will it be from the dealer?

I got a mail from the dealer only. And then how are the further updates been got? How is the process for allocation and the communication on that happen?

Will I be informed from Ford at any time, other than me calling up the sales consultant at the dealer?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks