Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2021, 00:19   #12481

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Note from Support: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharaththefreak View Post
Is your car updated with the new diesel PCM software? PPS is delaying the delivery because of it till 15th July. I even told them to deliver the car now and update the software during 1500kms checkup. But, they're adamant about it.
Oh man that's terrible. I'm so glad that I decided not to buy my car from PPS. I don't know why PPS is delaying your delivery that much. Where is your car? In the yard or the showroom itself?

I just received a call from my showroom today asking me to drop by when I'm free for the software update. They told me that it takes about 20 minutes or so to do it. I'll be heading there tomorrow to get it done and also have the Fordpass app activated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I do not think you need to enable the Bluetooth or WiFi, you just need to be connected to the internet. Didn't your SA do it for you at the time of delivery? You need to add vehicle and enter the current odometer reading to activate the vehicle. Which variant is yours, titanium or sports or AT?
Hi, thanks a lot for the reply.
He tried doing it for me at the time of delivery but it wasn't getting activated and he told me to try again after sometime as it happens due to network issues. Is that the case in your experience?
He has been in touch with me regarding it and I'm heading into the showroom tomorrow for the software update and he said that he will look into it then.
I'm driving Titanium Diesel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moroder View Post
It took almost a week for mine to get activated. It should get activated by itself but just in case let your SA be aware of this. Congrats on your new ride
Ah I see. Which variant/year do you have?
Thank you very much. Yeah my SA is aware of it and will be looking into it tomorrow when I head in to the showroom for the software update.

Last edited by aah78 : 1st July 2021 at 01:23. Reason: See note.
Old 1st July 2021, 09:15   #12482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carperiscope View Post
Thank you very much. Yeah my SA is aware of it and will be looking into it tomorrow when I head in to the showroom for the software update.
Mine is a 2020 Titanium S. Took delivery in January . I installed Ford pass during delivery and entered the VIN number. I think dealership also did something from their end. Almost a week later the application started working as expected. They said something like the details needs to be approved by Ford main server though I’m not sure of the authenticity of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Friends, my Ford Ecosport petrol AT has completed 3 years . It was under warranty till now. To continue my warranty for another two years , it costs Rs 25,000/ . How many have taken extended warranty? Is it worth it? I have done only 13,000/ kms till now. Please reply asap. Thanks in advance
Always go for the extended warranty. The extra payment is worth the peace of mind . We can never know what might go wrong, though hopefully nothing will

Quote:
Mine is a 2020 Titanium S. Took delivery in January . I installed Ford pass during delivery and entered the VIN number. I think dealership also did something from their end. Almost a week later the application started working as expected. They said something like the details needs to be approved by Ford main server though I’m not sure of the authenticity of this.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 1st July 2021 at 09:40. Reason: Merging back to back posts. please use edit option when replying.
Old 1st July 2021, 09:39   #12483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just received a call from my showroom today asking me to drop by when I'm free for the software update. They told me that it takes about 20 minutes or so to do it. I'll be heading there tomorrow to get it done and also have the Fordpass app activated.

My Ecosport is a November 2020 make and I have been in touch with Ford as well as the local service center in Bangalore regarding the DPF update. However, I am told by the JSP Ford service manager that this software update is not applicable for 2020 TDCI BS6 models. Have my doubts about this, though. Which showroom are you heading to for the update?

Could you kindly check this with your showroom and let me know if they are doing this update even for 2020 BS6 TDCI models? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 1st July 2021 at 09:40.
Old 1st July 2021, 15:46   #12484

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
My Ecosport is a November 2020 make and I have been in touch with Ford as well as the local service center in Bangalore regarding the DPF update. However, I am told by the JSP Ford service manager that this software update is not applicable for 2020 TDCI BS6 models. Have my doubts about this, though. Which showroom are you heading to for the update?

Could you kindly check this with your showroom and let me know if they are doing this update even for 2020 BS6 TDCI models? Thanks in advance!
Oh I see. I just got back from the showroom after the update. As far as I know, they told me that it's for BS6 models, not sure whether 2020 models are applicable or not. I got mine done at Cauvery Ford. I think you can give them a call to enquire regarding the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moroder View Post
Thats fantastic. I just got back from the showroom and they sorted. It got authorized easily when I tried it there.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st July 2021 at 15:52. Reason: merging consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the 1st post.
Old 1st July 2021, 18:58   #12485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh I see. I just got back from the showroom after the update. As far as I know, they told me that it's for BS6 models, not sure whether 2020 models are applicable or not. I got mine done at Cauvery Ford. I think you can give them a call to enquire regarding the same.
Thanks for the information. Can you share the contact number of the service manager at Cauvery who you are interacting with for the software update? Will speak to him directly.
Old 8th July 2021, 18:18   #12486
BHPian

I got a query on the much-debated and controversial topic of after-market seat-covers on side-airbag equipped seats. Last year, I purchased the Titanium Plus variant of Ecosport mainly because the family unanimously declined the all-black interiors of S-variant (having spent last 9 years in black interiors of Figo). The Titanium Plus variant came with beige-colored fabric seats with side-airbags.

Now over time, I see that how ever I request/scold/threaten, kids do all sorts of things like sitting with legs folded up, spilling water/food, keeping stuff that may stain the seats etc. Rainy season complicates things further.

Query is - apart from regular cleaning of the seats by a professional, is there any other way? Has anyone tried after-market seat-covers on Ecosport like these (My 2018 Pearl White Toyota Yaris V CVT) for Toyota Yaris (sorry for cross-posting)?

TIA
Old 9th July 2021, 04:28   #12487

Hi everyone, I've driven about 320kms on my new BS6 2021 Ecosport TDCI and I'm already recieving the "exhaust filter overloaded, drive to clean" DPF notice. Is this common? I've tried driving for about 40kms on the highway but with breaks in between due to traffic. What do you suggest I do to clean it? How long and at what speed should I drive?
I received this warning after the software update
Old 9th July 2021, 13:40   #12488
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford has now started dispatching Petrol Titanium EcoSport’s with the Titanium S alloys. For reasons best known to Ford only the Petrol Titanium gets these alloys and not the diesel titanium.

Typical Ford updates every 6 months

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford1.jpg

Let’s hope someday the factory doesn’t make a mistake and give 4 different alloys for each tyre

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-2c603b7c49d3471b96563b044b961f07.jpeg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-9099f481a3b045b88945747af23fc0d2.jpeg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-5de0ef07c553419ab114183a1cc6c567.jpeg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-d06baf776de34c278ea5ceade11936fc.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 9th July 2021 at 16:37. Reason: Watermark added
CEF_Beasts is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 15:38   #12489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Ford has now started dispatching Petrol Titanium EcoSport’s with the Titanium S alloys. For reasons best known to Ford only the Petrol Titanium gets these alloys and not the diesel titanium.
The most logical explanation is that since the upcoming facelift has been spotted with a new alloy design this is how they are clearing stock of the current S design.

It's not on the diesel since the Titanium is strategically priced just under 10 Lakh to keep the on road price in check. They cannot add any more cost here!

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 9th July 2021 at 15:46.
fiat_tarun is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 17:17   #12490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone, I've driven about 320kms on my new BS6 2021 Ecosport TDCI and I'm already recieving the "exhaust filter overloaded, drive to clean" DPF notice. Is this common? I've tried driving for about 40kms on the highway but with breaks in between due to traffic. What do you suggest I do to clean it? How long and at what speed should I drive?
Typically I do an Bangalore airport blast periodically, maintain revs above 2000RPM, and usually restrict myself to 4th gear so that the revs are relatively high (> 2000 RPM). Just did one such blast as soon as the lockdown lifted, last weekend. 40-50 kms of driving at these engine speeds should do the trick.

But 320 kms is definitely too early. I would imagine that it would take a few thousand kilometers before messages of this nature are expected to crop up. Other option it to take it to the service center and get the DPF cleaned if indeed it is clogged (unlikely situation).

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 9th July 2021 at 17:18.
arindambasu13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 19:34   #12491
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone, I've driven about 320kms on my new BS6 2021 Ecosport TDCI and I'm already recieving the "exhaust filter overloaded, drive to clean" DPF notice. Is this common?
Another thing that I learnt was regarding the quality of fuels- apparently, not all diesels are born alike! People reportedly are getting less of DPF problem with diesel from Shell/reliance bunks.
Was this DPF 6.1 update that you've had? Did they call you over voluntarily for the update? Just curious as quite a few service stations are flatly refusing that there's any such update! Found it quite funny as the exact same story of communication gap(between the technical teams at the company and the dealership/service centres) was there with Tata Altroz a few months ago, and had thought the things would be different with Ford.

Last edited by Aditya : 10th July 2021 at 05:20. Reason: regd - regarding
Nikhil Beke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 21:41   #12492
BHPian

Quote:
I thought the alloy update was only for titanium+ AT. Are you sure it's for Titanium MT too?
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 22:05   #12493
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithin23 View Post
I thought the alloy update was only for titanium+ AT. Are you sure it's for Titanium MT too?
Yes it has been updated on Ford’s website, both Titanium MT Petrol and Titanium+ AT get the Titanium S alloys.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-15ce9eecee0d4c1d8cbc7fc1e4726009.jpeg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-14603ea17a624f7a8d5655f6a2f59c16.jpeg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-6165b7e8a2e34ca4aa14a7d89db489ac.jpeg

While Diesel Titanium gets the alloys from the older Titanium+ Diesel or the new SE trim.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-4208992a6b0340b0b8f91ffcf2dfaeed.jpeg
CEF_Beasts is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 23:11   #12494
BHPian

Quote:
Yes it has been updated on Ford’s website, both Titanium MT Petrol and Titanium+ AT get the Titanium S alloys.

While Diesel Titanium gets the alloys from the older Titanium+ Diesel or the new SE trim.
Their endless saga of shuffling features will never cease to confuse buyers. I mean one variant has almost 8 different designs in 3 years and feature revision every month It's beyond anyone's imagination ad to why Ford India always tinkers with features that too on its bread and butter model. At least if they incorporate real customer feedback z it'll make sense.
jithin23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 00:34   #12495

Quote:
You may like to check this YouTube video:

My first post in this August forum
KNaga is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks